Pole here

Pole here.

What are the highways in the US like? I know US has one of the longest systems in the whole world, but some of the roads there wouldn't match Polish (and it isn't a bad thing per se) criteria for a highway. Are they servicable? How do they compare to the yuro roads?

Our roads are great for going long distances. Our city streets are shit though. Nobody knows how to use traffic circles.

>Traffic Circles

never been to europe but from what i've seen in pictures all your pavement is one uniform pour of black asphalt the entire width and length of the road. it's astonishing

here there will be one lane that is concrete, one lane with different color concrete, another covered in asphalt partially, with some potholes being patched with asphalt and other potholes that are cut out and replaced with a section of some more mismatched concrete, all of it bumpy as fuck

Interstates/freeways are big and multilane. Smaller, straight roads that typically start and end in one state are what could be called highways. Its reslly only rural county roads that could qualify as "bad", but even they get serviced every year or so.
People around me manage just fine with them.
Stop living in detroit.

Our Interstate highway system, the federal routes on your map would all meet or exceed your polish criteria with maybe some variation in the scheduling and execution of maintenance but yeah they can all be safely driven on at 100mph (over 9000kph!) assuming your car is capable of it and traffic allows it.

I think the problem a lot of yuros run into is comparing state routes which are a mixed bag to say the least to their individual national highway systems. European nations aren't the same as states.

The Interstate system tends to be maintained. It's ample and follows guidelines set by the federal government, so it looks the same in every state. At least two lanes in every direction, usually with a large median in between, and restricted access, meaning you can't walk it (except in Oregon). They're perfect for long distance driving and connect cities of strategic importance.
The US highway system is also bankrolled partly by the federal government and connects places that were not connected by the interstate system. These roads are old and in some parts they're not do well maintained. States have more say in how they're made, so they may look different depending on where you are.
State and county roads depend entirely on what their locality needs, so they can range from 6 lane arteries snaking through suburbia to tiny two lane roads reaching into remote mountain settlements.

Shit because nobody has a clue what left lane etiquette is, and some who do think they're edgy and cool for going the speed limit in the left lane because muh speed limits are more important than the flow of traffic

>Stop living in detroit.
that pic is of a federal interstate so that has nothing to do with anything, and im not in detroit

I guess it looks worse than everything I saw in Europe, but most of your highways are old and consntatly repaired, which makes it look like shit. Ours have been mostly made after 1989 and are fucking pristine

Honestly, I doubt. I just looked at I-20. It does not have a grass patch in the middle, making it unable to be a highway in Poland. HOWEVER, it looks really good and I would be happy to have it here.

Thank any god you believe in for not having chads in used Audi A4 on your roads lad.

Left lane exits are a thing, you know. People also may want to overtake without risking a stupidly heavy fine or possibly suspension/prison time. But I suppose that like most Veeky Forumstists you think anyone except for you who spends any amount of time in the left lane for any reason as to invade your sacred private speeding lane must suffer a fate worse than eternal damnation.

Many American highways are more than 3 lanes in each direction too just for traffic accommodation. Even if everyone was able to follow "keep right" by fixing their pants-on-head retarded designs (which won't happen because they have no workers and no taxes whatsoever) all the lanes would still be full and often coming to a standstill with congestion increasing even further. If you want my advice OP just stay in your country. You don't want to drive here

reminder dont take the bait

If there's a left exit then they're excused. There aren't any in my area though. People usually go about 5-10 under the speed limit for some reason in clear conditions, so it's usually my "try to even go the speed limit at all" lane.

>federal interstate
someone doesn't know how the US system is funded
that road is under the full purview whatever state department of transportation that picture is from

Many freeways also end and become city streets, dual carriageways or county roads where it may be much safer especially for larger/slower vehicles to move over into the left lane very early if it corresponds with their turn up ahead so they don't have to fight traffic and risk missing their turn. The 4 lane (two lanes in each direction) expressway through my city was so poorly designed that people travel in the left lane out of courtesy so that the right lane is free for merging traffic that's incapable of getting up to speed to merge into more easily. Angry hoons and generally impatient drivers may try to speed to pass them on the right and force merging traffic onto the shoulder to accelerate which has been the cause of many accidents. Don't even get me started on "left lane bullies" who film themselves tailgating and forcing people into the right lane on a city street as to force them to miss their turn for no other reason than to "educate" people because they're more anal about "keep right" on city streets than they are on freeways. The police have even started doing this too where I live but that's the least of our problems with them

>It does not have a grass patch in the middle, making it unable to be a highway in Poland
Literally why. Here's a pic from 71, near me. Grass. How's that?

That pic is clearly of a ramp you fucking double nigger please don't represent it as an interstate

is that actually a head lying on the ground ?

Yep, dude's neck hit the wire fence.

unlucky

That map doesn't show alot of the interconnecting highways. There are alot more highways than that map lets on. Still the highways are great. As others pointed out the cities neglect the roads but towns and villages usually have good roads.

>hawaii has an interstate
???

dat grass doe. I suppose if you're going to be decrapitated by a wire fence it's probably a better thing for your head to land on than asphalt in case you're still conscious for the experience. That's probably why Poland is so big into it.