/wtc/ - Witcher, Cyberpunk, Forced Memes -(/krw/, /cpg/, /fm/)

Birdfu Edition

Gwent Standalone's closed beta is out!
>Gwent General
GOTY Edition is out !
>Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=qy8jmm9kY4A

>Latest patch, free DLCs, The Witcher books (first six are officials) and short stories
f.wtcg.pl/

>Witcher gear location, recommended mods
pastebin.com/jeHFgrV1
>Console Commands
mmo-game.eu/witcher-3-debug-console-commands/
>Where do I find Gwent cards?
gwent-cards.com/
>Witcher lore, books and all
pastebin.com/bRqpA093
>All vanilla Gwent cards ready to be printed out
imgur.com/a/gV1y5
>Redirect to the current thread
wtcg.pl
>Discord server
discord.gg/ydW4bCR

Cyberpunk 2077
>First trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs
>Creator about Cyberpunk 2077's world
youtube.com/watch?v=xYxt7cwDk4E
>Any new infos ?
CPDR is recruiting right now, so the game is still in early stages.
Still no release date, and we won't have one anytime soon.

Old bread:

Other urls found in this thread:

netflix.com/bg/title/80189685
platige.com/en/page/839-The_Witcher_Saga_On_Netflix
youtube.com/watch?v=Yv6Az0QvpXE
youtube.com/watch?v=JvHuQ4QoRyU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Geralt and Triss OTP

>The sun sets over your estate at Corvo Bianco after a lovely dinner with Trissfu
>The table is decked with the finest cheeses and several bottles of your latest vintage, Chateau d'Geralt
>Lovely Trissfu is cuter than ever, her cheeks flushed from the delicious wine you lovingly made for her and her only
>By her wistful look you can see she feels sorry for Yen, who couldn't take the rejection when Geralt dumped her in favor of Trissfu
>Yen was a 300-pound emotional wreck last time she saw her
>Meanwhile Trissfu, who spent 6 months a year in warm Toussaint, had developed a beautiful golden tan from the sunshine and a perfect complexion from the local wine's healthy tannins and antioxidants
>Still, she has been trying to forget that tomorrow you are due to go back to Kovir and she won't be seeing Corvo Bianco for the next six months
>She gets up from the table only to stumble into your arms, a bit unsteady
>You prop her up, embracing her petite waist as eyes stare into yours
>"Oh Geralt *hic* she sighs with a cute hiccup "musht we really return to Kovir tomorrow?"
>It's that time of the year again. You feel sad as theres nothing you'd like more than to spend more time here with Trissfu. But duty calls
>"You know we have to go, Triss.
>Triss pouts cutely
>"What are you gonna do, run away?"
>Triss grasps one of the bottles and gives you a devilish grin
>"Catch me if you can!", she giggles before running off into the vineyards
>"C'est la vie", you say to yourself as you turn on your witcher senses and set off to find her and have wild, passionate sex among the grapevines.
>Just another day in Corvo Bianco

>Your belief is your thing. But know that soon you will come to the Spiral and I’ll be there waiting. Admit that you secretly long for me, me elaine luned.” “You are delusional!” “We, Aen Elle, perceive such things. You were fascinated with me, and you were afraid of your desires. You still want me, Zireael. My hands, their touch…

Reminder that Ciri wants to fuck Eredin

Awww. That's so adorable. Trissfu is the ultimate cutie :3

Ciri even wants to fuck Skjall, let alone Eredin.

Ciri was gonna fuck Skjall as a thank you gift.

That makes her a slut that pays her debts in pussy.

>Witcheress ending
>Training with Geralt on how to escape capture

It certainly does.

Why does that shitty Katakan role-player in Novigrad pretend he's a higher vampire? I want a higher vampire best friend.

>Dettlaff final boss battle
>he has an insta kill bat attack that is nigh impossible to roll or dodge out of the way from and has a massive radius
>if he triggers it when you don't have stamina to run around him, you are fucked

I mean, I enjoyed dark souls. Learning the timing and attack pattern of the boss so you could avoid damage and in turn deal damage is great. But even Dark Souls doesn't throw this kind of horse shit at you.

There's a distinguishable audio cue when the bats start charging. When you see Dettlaff preparing to do the bat attack, make distance and wait for the bat sound to start rolling. You'll avoid it every time.

Or I notch the difficulty down, deal with the fight and then put it back up. Like I just did.

I can deal with difficulty, I've got a really low tolerance for shitty boss fight mechanics though. The Imlerith fight is fun in it's difficulty, it's one that lets you learn from your mistakes and doesn't throw insta-kill mechanics at you, just high speed high damage attacks. Same goes for the fight with Olgierd, if you ever ended up fighting him. This fight is definitely not fun in it's difficulty, more arduous and arbitary in nature.

I enjoyed the Dettlaff fight tbqh. It's probably my favorite fight next to Olgierd and the Toad. Imlerith was a fun fight too.

>tfw no Oriana romance option

I want to hold hands with Ciri!

I would've enjoyed it if the bat attack didn't do such a massive amount of damage that even when using Quen, grandmaster armour and at full health you'd be reduced to a sliver. It's the kind of shit I'd expect if I'd walked into a fight ten or even fifteen levels underleveled, not when I'm at the most prepared I could almost possibly be.

I died to the bat attack a few times too before figuring to the timing for avoiding it, but once you do, it's fairly easy not to get hit. In my last two playthroughs, I killed him in the first try. The damage surprised me too though. It's almost an instant kill.

>hanging out with Gaunter
But he's evil!

He's also fair.

When Gaunter O'Dimm invites himself to your party you don't just tell him to fuck off.

That's true. There was no reason for him to honor the double-or-nothing deal Geralt made for Olgierd's soul, yet he did. I suppose that's the major weakness of all those folk tale-sy demons and tricksters: they're bound by contracts. I imagine Gaunter must be pretty peeved with Geralt, especially since he not only saved Olgierd's soul and banished him but also he cured the cursed Spoon Lady.

How do Vampires in the Witcher universe reproduce? Are Bruxae the female companions to higher vampires? Do Vampires even have a set gender or do they assume one when blending into human society?

Fair in abiding his own rules, the ones almost completely arbitrary. And he'll work those rules to their fullest, bending and twisting them as much as possible to get his own from it.

Just look at what happened to the girl in the Blood and Wine quest - she didn't even know who he was, only that she denied him food from her table. While a dick move sure, it wasn't deserving of the curse he laid on her, which was justified according to Veeky Forums rules.

can somone explain dettlaff's third phase? whats the lore behind the whole body horror scenery and dettlaff emerging out of some sort of egg as a weird pulsating blood thing

i never understood this shit, did they just make the third phase for the shock value of eldritch abomination or does it have anything to do with higher vampires?

I thought it was Geralt's mind being fucked up after getting his blood sucked by Detlaff. Like Geralt is still hacking and slashing Detlaff off of reflexes, but I thought the giant heart was a hallucination.

>fucking tell Damien that the Duhcess' sister was trying to kill her the entire time
>stupid fuck STILL lets her get all up close and personal hugging her sister and gets her stabbe

Fucking worst bodyguard in video game history.

She never had dick inside her. If she is slut then your mom is queen of whores

They fug. It is implied they can have sex like humans, as Regis has a brief relationship with a succubus when staying in Toussaint.

Huzzah for the worst ending possible
>killed dettlaff
>exiled Regis from his own people
>got Sylvia and Anna killed

Feels like the most "Witcher" choices, aka prioritising protecting humans above all else, ended with the worst outcomes.

Pic... completely unrelated. Not even sure why it's there, I didn't upload it.

trissfags eternally BTFO

Ciri is my waifu and there is nothing you can do about it

gottem

>beguile
>verb [ T ] UK /bJˈɡaJl/ US /bJˈɡaJl/ literary
to persuade, attract, or interest someone:
>He was completely beguiled by her beauty.

Who wouldn't be beguiled by her charm? Trissfu can't help being beautiful.

im going to impregnate yennefer with my super sperm

>In this drama series, an unconventional family comes together to fight for truth in a dangerous world. Based on the globally popular fantasy saga.

What did Netflix mean by this?

netflix.com/bg/title/80189685

Dry and coarse, just how I like it.

You could consider the gang that follows Geralt around a family in a sense. Hell of a dysfunctional and really, really weird one.

Is it bad I'm hoping for it to be told from Dandelion's perspective, along with all the extravagant flourishes he usually adds? Would give a nice excuse for some fancy VFX.

>family
>based on the books
>Trissfags already btfo before casting even begins.

>netflix production
>having expensive cgi

You can expect one monster per season.

does this air next week?

kek

That's really dependent on how high of a priority Witcher gets as a series. Stuff like House of Cards and Black Mirror budget likely rivals some of the big TV productions, and animating a full show like Bojack Horseman isn't cheap either - animation as a rule isn't cheap, really.

Of course I expect it to be mediocre and likely pretty bad, but hey, I can have hopes right?

>idris elba cast to play geralt
>triss avoids getting blacked

All smiles.

This

>literally a 700kb tumblr gif

Come the fuck on, user. Step it up.

Apparently it's produced by the company that did cinematic trailers for the games.

platige.com/en/page/839-The_Witcher_Saga_On_Netflix

>The whole school of the wolf is cast as black studs, for consistency.
>Triss "Witchers give me tingles" Merigold gets into an interracial gangbang at her very first screen appearance.

delete this

Better?

>implying Triss and Yen won't be merged into the same character

dont going saying shit like that user

Not going to happen, sorry. It is going to be mainly based on the books. The short stories in particular. Meaning there will be no Triss at all, and Ciri will appear only towards the end of the season, as a little girl.

To be fair, it is very likely that Netflix will be allowed a LOT of flexibility with that.

Netflix isn't dumb, they know a good part of their audience will come from the games. Using familiar characters is a good way to keep people interested in the series.

Exactly. Fans of the book is a not-insignificant number of people, but the overlap between fans of the games and people who would actually watch the series on Netflix is huge and likely FAR larger than the same overlap of just book fans.

If it was like that, Sapkowski would not have made that statement. Remember he is a grumpy old fuck that considers games and movies adaptations complete and utter shit, especially when they try to tell a different story based on his work. Now he is suddenly enthusiastic. Meaning that he probably knows the details about the idea the creators of the TV series have.

>implying they will pay attention to hackowski if his opinions run contrary to whatever will boost muh ratings

Sapkowski is only grumpy at the games because he stupidly signed over the books rights to CDPR for a tiny amount of money, not realising (or being purposefully ignorant) of the amount of money the video game series could generate. With TW3's success these feelings have only grown stronger. Adding to that, he doesn't seem to be the biggest proponent of modern technology in general either.

It's a lot of envy and regret that taint his view, rather than the content of the games itself I feel.

The vast majority of "familiar characters" of the games appear already in the short stories. They already have that.

Do you know the details about the kind of deal he made with them?
If he knew already that they where going to get a lot of leeway with the story, do you think he would have made that very specific statement, instead to going the G.R.R.M. way and specifying that his works and the TV adaptations are two different things?
He didn't state he is happy about the series getting a TV adaptation. He specifically stated that he is happy they are going to STAY TRUE TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL.

Be honest here, none of honest know jack shit about the deal they have nor the arrangement they have. It's all equal speculation and conjecture.

We don't know how Sapkowski thinks, nor what his opinions are on adaptions of his works. We can only find out when the series itself releases.

He is also grumpy with the Polish TV series and the comics.
He firmly believes that a movie or a game can't tell a story as good as a book, and that they can't ever be considered as a way to continue the story of a book.

They'll be allowed a lot of flexibility and I expect some minor changes, but they'll largely remain close to the source material. I doubt anything from the games will be taken into consideration.

Sapkowski doesn't give a fuck about the game content, he never even played it or knows the story other than the fact Geralt appears and has amnesia, which he himself said was fine when CPDR asked him. He is upset the games reached international success he never managed to do and doesn't like that they took over the brand in a way to the point of most people recognizing The Witcher primarily as games.

You have such an idyllic view of Sapkowski. Bless your heart, my sweet summer child

>Be honest here, none of honest know jack shit about the deal they have nor the arrangement they have. It's all equal speculation and conjecture.
Conjecture with a logical basis. A guy that for 30 years spewed vitriol on every adaptation of his works, now is suddenly enthusiastic about it, and states that's because they are going to tell the same story he did in the books: the only stories he believes to be good.

>We don't know how Sapkowski thinks nor what his opinions are on adaptions of his works. We can only find out when the series itself releases.
Yes, we know. He stated his view on the games, comics, first TV series and adaptations in general repeatedly in multiple interviews. This is one of the many:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yv6Az0QvpXE

>the only stories he believes to be good.
Or, he's getting paid a boatload of cash.

Sapkowski isn't a diehard artist who has veins that flow ink instead of blood, he's just a dick. It's pretty simple, Netflix pays him and he'll let them bend the stories however much they want.

Idyllic? I stated multiple times he is a grumpy old fuck. And that's the main reason to believe that if now he is suddenly satisfied with an adaptation of his works, there must be a reason.

Yeah, it's important to remember that Sapkowski will be a consultant here, not a writer. The Netflix series can stay true to the source material without being an exact rehash of the books.

>that if now he is suddenly satisfied with an adaptation of his works, there must be a reason.
youtube.com/watch?v=JvHuQ4QoRyU

If it was just cash, he wouldn't have specifically stated he is happy about the series staying true to the source material, only to look like a complete idiot when the series is released and turn out differently.

>If it was just cash, he wouldn't have specifically stated he is happy about the series staying true to the source material

Kek, you think so? You don't think he'd embellish the product he might stand to directly profit off?

Seriously, you are massively overestimating him here.

He has a gigantic over-inflated ego. If it was just money buying approval for the series from him, he would have stated something like Martin: "I'm happy that my works are getting a TV adaptation, blah blah blah... but the TV adaptation and my books are two different things". Sure as hell refraining from boasting that they are going to stay true to what he wrote.

You're giving him way too much credit.

Even if the TV series was good and obeyed his source material perfectly, he'd still shit on it just for the fact that it's not his own books. THAT'S his super inflated ego talking. Netflix just has to flash enough cash for him to keep his asshole opinions to himself for a few months.

leave andy alone he is god

Again, if that was a possibility, he would not have made that very specific statement.

If they buy your restraint from expressing asshole opinion, you don't go the extra mile and even praise them because they are going to be good boys and follow your works.

>he would not have made that very specific statement.

And again, you are overestimating his artistic integrity.

>you don't go the extra mile and even praise them because they are going to be good boys and follow your works.
If it gets you money you sure as hell do. Plus I'm CERTAIN there's an element of doing this as a "fuck you" to CDPR and TW3 by having direct involvement in this one.

Can't you two just agree he's a dick and leave it at that? I doubt the Witcher series even has its script written yet.

Makes sense since Andy has on record stated his distaste for how people seem to think CDPRs Witcher is canon, and that the books were inspired by the games. Taking a jab at CDPR, aggrandizing himself, and being in-line with his financial success sounds classic Sapkowski

>be Sapkowski
>consider yourself a fantasy God
>Marcin wants to make a video game based of your work and offers you royalties
>Video games? Pfffft. They can never reach my brilliance. They will surely fail. Just pay me now and fuck off.
>Games become successful and reach huge international fame and recognition
>They completely eclipse the books in popularity and sales
>People start asking you about the games
>Your book covers start using game art
>A lot of people think the books are based on the games
How can a man with his ego not get salty?

Sapkowski needed no Sodom to turn himself into a pillar of salt, that's for sure.

>you miss out on the shroom trip by killing Dettlaff

Aw cmon CDPR what the fuck

Firsty time I've seen your Geralt in armor, Trissautist.

I wouldn't put him in my top 11 fantasy authors, he can be as proud as he wants, his work isn't top tier.

Good luck telling him that

My Geralt enjoys his comfy retirement with Triss, no need for armor anymore in most cases. I do have him wear it in some shots, but I like how that plain shirt looks like on Geralt for casual fun times with Triss.

>you don't go the extra mile and even praise them because they are going to be good boys and follow your works.

You do if you have a minimum guarantee that the "staying true to the lore" part is true. To endorse an adaptation based on your works you don't need to go that far, otherwise it is going to come back biting you in the ass when that turns out to be false. Especially if it is a guy who is proud as a peacock and constantly shat on the very concept of adaptations of books for 30 years.

It's even more insulting when you consider that the Witcher has become a national treasure in Poland in the wake of the games successes. That's not to say they weren't hugely popular in Poland before, but CDPR elevated them to a whole new level in their nation's identity. Seriously, the PM gave fucking Obama the game as a gift.

You need to go easy on that filter. Looks good with restrained use, but you've ended up making most of your screenshots look like they went through google deep dream.

>Sapkowski's face when he saw the PM giving the game to Obama

Yeah, I got addicted to it and just put my shots through it out of habit. I like how it looks for whatever reason most of the time, but it does look like shit on some shots. I still do it though.

Is this crap going to be in English or Polish?

Netflix has roughly 100 million users.

Poland has a population of 38 million.

Something tells me there will be an exorbitant amount of Zerrikanians in this tv series :thinking: