2018 Leaf Reveal Livestream Event Thingy

Come watch the new 2018 Nissan Leaf reveal! Starts at 8:30PM ET

youtube.com/watch?v=v7QxQGHx0Uo

Other urls found in this thread:

motortrend.com/cars/nissan/leaf/2018/2018-nissan-leaf-first-drive-review/
arstechnica.com/cars/2017/09/turns-out-the-chevy-bolt-is-a-lot-of-fun-to-autocross/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ten minutes people, get in here

why, there is really no reason this shit should have a reveal.

It's the fucking LEAF, brah!

EVs are tech devices. New tech products get fancy reveals, it's just how the industry works. I'm pretty exited for the new Leaf. Lots of people where I live drive them

thats fair, but it will bring nothing revolutionary to the table.

Its gonna be whatever

This is like a Samsung reveal event

It's not exactly Tesla (Apple), but somebody somewhere will give a fuck.

Starting!

this is far too elaborate a reveal for a fucking car.

its beautiful brehs

It look better than the last one at least

Looks quite fucking cool

Shit that's plain as fuck. Nowadays that's a plus

what the fuck

Its looks like a civic prius

>a fucking leaf
why are canadians and their eco-friendly shitposts STILL FUCKING ALLOWED ON THIS BOARD!?

RIP frogface leaf

Is this translator related to GLaDOS

looks nice lads

they'll sell like hotcakes at 30k. Big chunk of TM3 reservations might get one instead if they're at the end of the TM3 queue

>we sold more
>we are an old company

that's supposed to impress me?

I just want more range not intelligent cars reeee

180miles is fine for me tbqh.

I would take the level 2-3 autonomy over 30 more miles any day. Y'all need to test out tesla autopilot on the highway... Really jungles your dough

A

FUCKING

L
E
A
F

looks like shit, buy a 3k civic with a few simple mods instead

>3 pedal driving was too complex for Americans
>2 pedal driving is still somehow too complex for americans

>can hold on a hill without hitting the break

remind me never to be behind someone in an ICE who hasn't driven in anything but a 2018 leaf for 5 months

>E-pedal
>press to accelerate
>depress slowly to stop

Nearly 250 mile range? fat chance.

180 mile range*
*under ideal conditions, driven on a track, coasting at 55mph, with no wind, perfectly dry pavement

In reality where drivers have heavy feet EVs tend to get around 60-70% of their estimated range. Its the same for electric bikes. Any serious commute runs the risk of leaving you on the side of the road stranded with no help aside from a tow truck because the batteries die quick. If you're driving somewhere 50 miles away you had better hope you can plug it into a trickle charger before you head home.

should be fun to try out. Probably not as fun as the Bolt paddles thou

Side and rear = ford focus
front = civic

Bro, its just the regenerative braking being resold as a new feature. Even the Prius does this, and it feels terrible to drive one.

shut up, you made the car look like a fish. You can just say it looks like a fish.

AHA, SO THIS IS THE MAIN FAGGOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ABYSMAL NISSAN DESIGNS OF THE RECENT TIME

Hoshino-san is pretty cute

>LOW

>AND

>SLEEK

>PROPORTION

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHA

I wonder how much of automakers putting in serious EVs with 200ish miles of range, investing in infrastructure and self driving tech is reactionary to Tesla vs government/consumer demands.

Leaf S though

did someone say twotone?

I swear I heard someone say twotone

it's mainly tesla pressure. No one else is burning the money to build hueg as fuck battery factories and collecting the brainpower like tesla. In only a couple years tesla will have a near monopoly on cheap lithium battery production and the US charger network

>>>

I love how I get the Wacky Wheels sound track recommended under this stream

what the fudge Nissan, it's 2018. Stop with the fake grilles on EVs already

AAAAAAAAAAAAAND it's another variation of the same front design that every second car has now

Trapezoid grill(even if its fake)
Angry headlights

Is it a Ford? A Lexus? Audi? Aston Martin? Who could tell?

but it's not a fake grill. It's just a panel. a fake grill would actually have pointless struts and openings.

Looks like a solid commuter but the prius V has more value.

I especially mean that slit that goes from side to side, then up to the obligatory foglights or fake holes and then do some odd dimples.
those dimples man, those fucking dimples.

apparently it was maserati who started that meme

it's even on fucking vans lmao

Don't forget the Mustang.

bmw

VW

really? In my state it will be 8.5k off of the 30k price. That's a $21,500 EV with 180 miles. Better value than a Bolt

Mercedes

I didn't realize it was this prolific

The only thing the pro-pilot demo needed was a dude using an ipad while driving autonomously.

Opel/Vauxhall/GM whatever

etc etc, that meme is everywhere

Yeah it seems like it's currently a starting point to get going from scratch.
The designer first takes that same template and goes from there.

they kinda tried to hide it a bit

* creep is totally gone. Can't enable it
* 1db quieter interior
* batteries and vehicle will be made in Tennessee
* same pricing as previous leaf (starts at 37k or thereabouts)
* still need to pay for the charging package (WTF?)
* 60kwh version is coming next year!
* slightly larger dimensions
* 1PD allows for max .2g deceleration

they are literally catering to the iphone crowd

DO YOU LOVE ME?

>mfw developed the same type of profile in my Senior Design class.
>mfw also designed it to be an ev vehicle as well.
Lol I love how technology brings design closer and the only issue now is the fact of design.

Anyone else mad they didn't blend the handles in with the body?

*150 mile range, per US presser (lmao)
*propilot won't work over 62mph (lmao)
*auto parking not available in the US until 2019 (lmao)
*STILL air cooled battery (extra l- lmao)

so, it's an improvement, but an iterative improvement - and a small one at that. Don't think it will sell that well when you can get the much better bolt for not much more. Perhaps the e+ 60kwh version will be competitive... but by then you'll be able to get a TM3.

what the hell, Nissan?

the profile is only the way it is to have the airflow under/over the car to meet up as far from the rear as possible. They mentioned it in the video

im just happy nissan are moving past their stupid hideous edgy designs

Yes I know. Its a half-airfoil. I love the shape.

seems like a step backwards. I like the old frog leaf a lot better. And I live in an area with a fuckton of them, they look good in person

A FUCKING LEAF

>*150 mile range, per US presser (lmao)
jesus thats it? the chevy bolt does 240 IIRC

yep. Those are both the EPA estimates. So for 3k extra you get a bolt with 80 extra miles, and they're sitting on lots in the US right now. Plus they don't look as weird.

Literally no reason to get the 2018 bolt. Get a 8k used 2014 leaf if you want a cheap ev....

It appears the one coming out right now is going to be the cucked version.

motortrend.com/cars/nissan/leaf/2018/2018-nissan-leaf-first-drive-review/

THERE MAY BE AN AWD NISMO LEAF!

>motortrend.com/cars/nissan/leaf/2018/2018-nissan-leaf-first-drive-review/
Chevy might beat them too it with an AWD performance bolt

the base bolt already has like a 50lbft advantage in torque over the 2018 leaf

True however it probably already planned by Nissan to do it regardless. Chevy is having issues selling the Bolt now as it is.

arstechnica.com/cars/2017/09/turns-out-the-chevy-bolt-is-a-lot-of-fun-to-autocross/

they appear to be pushing performance more and more. Even so, you're right. In MA I kept track of how often Chevy had a full page bolt ad on the back of the A section of the Boston globe. Twice a week it was. Twice a week they were paying for a full page color advert in Old media. WTF chevy?

They got cucked by Musk constantly being in press limelight. Meanwhile no one is talking about Chevy's hydrogen powered Colorado they are trying to see to the DoD.

true. Like half the fucking articles on seekingalpha are about tesla, it's kinda hilarious

Mr Musk the hypemachine... launches a thousand ships with a single tweet, etc etc etc

I think having no creep is a good thing. Having the car stay still without having to actively hold it back seems like an obvious way to increase safety.

The most successful electric car in history.

It's pretty good.

It'll be revolutionary, at least in terms of buttfucking Tesla fiscally

>tax discounts are the only way evs are affordable

There is more people driving Leaves than whatever the fuck you drive...