Eve Online General /eog/

>What's EVE Online?
A space-based sci-fi MMORPG known for its steep learning curve, massive scale, and unique depth. It's also known as "Space Spreadsheet Simulator" and "NEET Space Gods".

>Can I play the full game without paying for it?
Yes. Eve is F2P, with some restrictions, and you can earn enough in-game money to get a subscription ("PLEX").

>I want to play EVE, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using a referral link (chaining them with friends works best). If you have no friends you can easily create two accounts and refer yourself - you'll need an alt anyway:
secure.eveonline.com/recruit/

If you buy a subscription on the referred account, then the account used to create the referral link will receive in-game money. Therefore some people will ask you to click their referral links, with the promise of monetary returns. There is no guarantee that you will actually get your share, if you click other people's referral links.

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and consider finding a corp. Corporations are a great way to connect with people and learn the game properly. The game is only as boring as you are.

For career suggestions, see this graphic:
eve-guides.fr/images/wtd.jpg (embed)

>Read the /eog/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/cqJUuVT9 (embed)

>Game information
Eve University UniWiki: wiki.eveuniversity.org/Main_Page

>Maps and regions
evemaps.dotlan.net/
ellatha.com/eve/wormholelist.asp

>PvP information
zkillboard.com/
evewho.com/

>Fitting, structure, and skill planning tools
github.com/pyfa-org/Pyfa
wiki.eveuniversity.org/Third-party_tools

>Updates
updates.eveonline.com/

>Markets
eve-central.com/
eve-marketdata.com/
evepraisal.com/

>Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OSxSyv4LC1c
wiki.eveuniversity.org/Basic_Skills
o.smium.org/loadout/61350
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for awox ur pve corpmates mail basement dweller number1 and get 75% of the loot

u wont get caught just mail me u silly goyim

>have some cooked alphas
>consider activating two of them since they're linked from referrals so I wouldn't lose out anyway
>check profits if I toss one in a procurer
>only 15m/hr + 4 trips to the compression array
Jesus no wonder almost everyone opts for VNIs. Guess it's rorqual or bust when it comes to mining

I make more huffing C50/70

When it comes to ore Rorq + deep core + excavator drones is the only way to make a satisfying amount of isk

>decide to turn on sound to see how it sounds after the advanced audio nerf
>sound is fucked, cracks and static everywhere
Ebin

>What race should I pick?
Gallente for drones (PvE).

>Should I mine to get some ISK?
No. FW is something that can be done immediately, and it pays like 40M/hr, vs. 5M in a Venture.

It's another reason to pick Gallente. The Catalyst ship has 8 gun slots, some of the best DPS for early game. Medium complexes are good pay, but the rat requires like 225-240 DPS for quick clears. The stabilizer fit is an option, but it's expensive and low DPS (until skills are up). I would just pay attention through a single Medium before running a stabilized fit. Recons don't show on Dscan, so that may come as a problem, but if you're aligned as often as possible and paying attention to the field, it's simple enough to just warp out ('cause cruiser lock speed).

This DPS is with GalDes III. The stabilizer fit requires Hybrid Rigging III for fitting.

Amarr's.

LP for a Medium.

It's like 20-60M if Gallente/Minmatar militias are still lvl 3.

debian has failed me.
should I go for Arch, Ubuntu, or Fedora for a dedicated Eve machine?

>debian has failed me.
How? I have win 7 for gaems only, would be great to use my main OS which is Debian

Multiple people (including me) have issues with Eve not launching following the last update on Debian/Arch. And Eve wasn't exactly stable before the update either. Seems like it simply works better, and is more simple to set up, on other systems

So I'm leaning towards Ubuntu LTS rather than bleeding Fedora

just use Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB for maximum comfy

Thanks for the tip, but I'd rather not pay for malware

>paying for an OS

Biomass

Jaguar

that was part of the point

>spooky scary pirated software
>paying for pirated os
lolwut

>45k point on a Garmur
Hey, it would be awesome if the game was balanced.

>trusting a pirated OS

literally "enjoy your botnet"

So, when do we get Null "FW"?

Would like to find a fight here and there..

Alphafag here, if I want to add shields to my ship I just need to buy the extender?

>unironically picking gallente

Good goy

>Mongoloid guy in my corp ragequits because he can't comprehend anything and people are tired of coddling him

I've never been this happy about anything in the game before

true happiness is only found in the misfortune of others

Realistic outcome of Snake vs Tengu? Active fit Snake Tengu fit for site running.

Is this how you become a bittervet?

Retard

dead gem

>You will never win the alliance tournament

Is the Eos any good?

no

The rattlesnake has way more range and way higher damage so obviously the rattle takes the cake on speed

The tengu however is easier to move and travel with

>AT prize ships still allowed
>you haven't won the AT, so you will never win the AT

a bit overpriced for what it provides, but it is good.

If you need multiple command bursts and 120k+ EHP, you have very few options, but the EOS will likely be one of the better ones.

>it's official, t3c neutered into the ground

look at their spreadsheet and focus group. they're just rejigging the subsystems, nothing is getting fixed

If I had a link alt, is it still that?

>NC

I've never been in fleets against something so boring

A proper buffer shield tank will use both shield extenders/extender rigs to boost the amount of shield HP as well as hardeners like adaptive invulnerability mods to boost their shield resistances. If you'd like to go for a more active approach go with all resists and a shield booster, but that may not be advisable as an alpha as it takes a lot of cap, and alphas don't have great cap skills.

So how about T1 Dessies?

All shit.

Cormorant ain't that bad at sniping

Cormorants can apply 100 DPS out to 90km
Catalysts can apply 500 DPS out to 5km
Talwars can mitigate incoming damage while still applying 100 DPS out to 50km
A pack of thrashers can one volley other destroyers and frigates out to 14km

But they apparently have no AB metagame.

Very weak in the presence of larger ships, even before rapid cancer and meme drones

Did that L4 distribution weeb's brain explode yet

>blaster frigate
>dps past 3km

>blasters
>applied dps

What are people with logi V like on average?

cap stable or die

>If I had a link alt, is it still that?

Forget about having a completely off-grid link alt, since boosts work as an area of effect now.

It's mostly shitter cucks who think they're good at eve, unless we're talking solo logi or frig logi

Is Logistics V still required for a Triage module?

Yes

>tfw I could get gf if I wanted to, but my obsession with EVE has basically killed my desire for a relationship

fag

Are cap boosters counted as ammo in terms of being able to put them in the ammo hold of the specialized minmatar hauler?

Nevermind, didn't read the ship's description, they do.

>tfw no jf

God I love cheesy doujin dialog

What are some decent Null/WH pvp corps to join?

>Hoarder

Training my transport ship skills up now to get access to DSTs but don't have 'em quite yet and I need to move some cap boosters, so it's my best bet at the moment.

>focus group is all t3 pilots saying t3s are not overpowered and just want to buff up the less broken subs

mawd sort these fags out

This is the age old question people find themselves stuck with in games like SC. There is a practical limit to how many short range/melee units can be condensed in to a single area before they become a liability to themselves and other units. It is therefore recommended you take a blend of short/melee/mid/long ranged units in order to extend your engagement profile and maximise the number of units that can attack a single target while reducing their density as a defense against AOE or line powers.

Spamming a single unit type is easy and a crutch but not really an effective strategy. This is why top-level wars are rarely fought with just one or two ship types and where the meta does allow for whole wars to be fought with a single ship type then the balance team react by changing slightly how that works to influence the meta away from spam.

in eve you just want a huge blob of long range

youtube.com/watch?v=OSxSyv4LC1c

90% of it is just blops faggots

the other 10% think they're actually redesigning every single ship in the game plus the entire concept of fleet combat while they're at it

they'd be better off with focus groups consisting solely of xenuria

>but flying 150k ehp cruisers with more dps than battlecruisers and also full resists is MUH PLAYSTYLE

you mean
in null
because not all space is the same and in WH or FW you probably want a giant blob of short range ships to grab shit on gates or beacons.

What's so bad about Xenuria?

Honestly curious, because I generally ignore the CSM and I haven't been playing that long.

How do you plan to deal with the rising plex costs?

by having a job and just paying 15 dollars like a normal human bean

As someone who actually pays the fucking subscription, I'll laugh my arse off.
Seriously, 15 dollars is a couple of meals, if you can't afford to pay that once a month, how the fuck are you paying for internet access?

Pay for sub during sales. I don't fuck with plex. Pretty worthless. I'd rather spend isk on ships.

>how the fuck are you paying for internet access?
>implying we are paying for it

You can use money like a normal person or be a good cuck and grind away to afford your plex. Market allowing.

Friendly reminder that people like you are the reason that whales exist.
Seriously, there's a guy in my alliance who works from home and lives with his parents, and the guy spends most of his income on EVE. He's four months in, and already flies carriers, blops, multiple T3Cs, and god know what else.

If they couldn't sell plex they'd just RMT. At least this way the money goes to CCP and not Russian/Chinese gold farmers.

It's not altruism. They're cutting out competitors from the market. Also you could easily be a "friend" with someone internationally and give regular phat stacks to without any suspicion.

I know because I've done that.

oneiros

Is the rp community good?

pyfa or eft?

Ships come on-grid with links, and they're just timed now, right?

Each pulse lasts around 2m and the boostee has to be within around 30km of the booster. Skills modify the range/duration.

EVE doesn't really have a lack of DPS at long ranges though. Corms hitting 1.5x times (common) frig DPS at 95k is fucking ludicrous as a balance strategy.

There's not a lot of melee spam even happening. Even in FW.. as if there's even a major frig corp playing there anyway. The biggest fleets I find are Shadow Cartel with a bunch of cruisers+.

ded

>pyfa

>in-game fitting screen

'Inception' Target painter

>wanting money to go to ccp

Is following this guide fucking moronic?

They classify it as a "must have skills"

wiki.eveuniversity.org/Basic_Skills go to advanced skills, i'm aiming to fit an astero with these specifications

o.smium.org/loadout/61350

Or well a VNI with the specifications on my image, any advice would be welcomed.

It's 15 dollars per account and i need at least 5, so i'll plex thank you very much.

The advanced skillplan will pretty much turn you into a decent all-round pilot. All the level V skills are skills you 100% want at V ASAP and while there are a few skills you can take or leave in there depending on what you're doing, none of them are long trains.

>Removed the incorrect Omega subscription expiry timer in the character selection screen until it is fixed. You can see an accurate expiry date on your account management page.
>until it is fixed

Soon(TM)

Should train for fits instead of skills.