Sporty hatchbacks and wagons

Let's talk about sporty hatchbacks. I swear, the GTI is the only hatchback that has any decent horsepower being sold in the US. I like the WRX too but they stopped making the wagon version a couple of years ago. Does Veeky Forums know of any others in the market now?

Other urls found in this thread:

focusst.org/forum/focus-st-vs-competition/34049-mk7-vw-gti-lying-through-s-grill.html
cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Volvo-V70-R-d519#listing=184727817
auto-data.net/bg/?f=showCar&car_id=12214
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Uh, the FiST and FoST? CTR?

Audi A3 Turbo

Civic Sport hatchback with a tune.

Civic Type R

Used CTS-V wagon is probably the best. Veloster is near the worst.

The non wagon version of that looks better desu. There's a guy on cragislist selling that near me actually

everything you mentioned is a hatchback, not a wagon.

I was looking for more of a daily driver that I can throw around a bit.

Didn't know about that. Thanks user

just get a civic for 3k or fix your current car.

>throw around
>fiesta st
perfect match

or focus st if you want to trade handling for power and size

I love my GTI

...that being said I am gonna get rid of it here soon

>stock FiST/FoST
>not suitable as a daily
wut

>I was looking for more of a daily driver that I can throw around a bit.
Are you retarded? It doesn't get anymore "daily driver that you can throw around" than the st fords. The fact that you're actually considering the gti, but dismiss the fords just means you fall for VAG trickery.

>Does Veeky Forums know of any others in the market now?
Kia Forte5 SX Turbo.
200 HP 1.6L Turbo.

Civic Type R EP3

dude he means DECENT and REAL hot hatches.

This means no velosters and no kia shit either.

There are only a few real option in the US.

FiST is the cheapest good option.

FoST if your a ford guy but its not as good as the GTI but its a decent alternative.

GTI with PP and DSG for the best all around DD. These dyno 260 crank hp / 315 tq, vastly underrated. limited slip diff, Golf R brakes and DSG are god tier.

Golf R if you can get a used one cheap around 30k but good fucking luck with that.

>218 crank HP is somehow now 260

Actually they are stock 220 and YES!

focusst.org/forum/focus-st-vs-competition/34049-mk7-vw-gti-lying-through-s-grill.html

You actually have to be retarded to not know that VW underrated its cars. Vastly at times.

That's why with a simple stage 1 tune you can make 316 crank HP and 380 TQ. Hands down the best all around pick. A simple IS38 turbo upgrade will have you running 400+ HP.

I just got a 2003 Mazda protege5 with a jdm engine in it today and the little bit ive driven it has been fun

Focus ST is faster than the GTI. I even test drive both because reasons.

The protege is a good lil car driven a 2k1 protege little power house.. how much did you pay

Y tho

>Butt Dyno/timer
>Being this dumb
>Bothering to post this kind of shit

Neck yourself dudebro

Even the VW sales guy who got me the test drive admitted that the focus was faster.

I'm sorry your fanboyism makes it difficult for you to perceive reality.

cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Volvo-V70-R-d519#listing=184727817

$2,700

Forgot to mention, It also came with a bose sound system and the KBB in the area is $2,600 so i feel like i got a damn good deal. Interior is immaculate and the exterior is perfect aside from a few very light scratches.

>veloster is the worst
>not the fuckheap that is the FoST

fiesta st is the best

The Fiesta actually manages to be a really good looking car. I don't like the big grille on the gen that got the current ST, but the previous gen had the Zetec S/Metal that are very easy to chuck a turbo on and basically be an ST.

what can I get as a quite fun but also fuel efficient first car in Albania for less than 7k euro?
Most of what we got here is diesels. The petrols are either too costy in fuel or underpowered from being turned into bifuel with cng.
The golfs 2.0 engine is told to have problems and the 1.9 seems pretty underpowered.
Same thing for the audi a3 since they are the same shit.
Mercs a and b class make me wanna kms.
all mazda 3 i could find is first gen 1.6 diesel ones.
my only other options i have considered so far are this 2007 volvo c30 2.0d i found and bmw 120d.
What other manufacturers make cool hatchs? do any of these: opel, peugeot, citroen or renault?

See if you can find a petrol 2.0L Opel Astra. Lots you can do with those

Don't Amerifats have the RS3? Too bad.

How the fuck is a DSG better than a manual in any way? You're never going has enough to need a DSG. Fucking amerifats learn to DD a manual.

How about like a Civic or a Corolla with even a small engine? Good fuel economy, not fast but are fun to drive fast if you ring it to redline any time you want to go a bit faster.

dont think we have those but ill check
went through like 2 months opel astra postings like 90% were 1.7 pigfat diesels for fucks sake

Albania doesn't have _any_ Civics or Corollas?

we do just shitty ones
id rather walk than drive those
only decent one I found was a 1.3 hibrid civic like this
auto-data.net/bg/?f=showCar&car_id=12214
but this was 12 sec 0-100 and automatic
i really dont see how it can be fun to drive
i guess ill just check the volvo c30

should i buy 4door audi s1?

>sales guy

Im sorry man but you do not know what you are talking about.

Sales goys are full of lies continually. NEVER EVER take anything they say as fact. EVER.

The GTI IS faster. faster 0-60, faster in every situation. Look it up, its true. The focus st also has a shitty small K03 turbo which means tuning is limited. My 2015 jetta had the same turbo.

Now im not saying the FoST is bad, its close in performance obviously but a true unbiased car enthusiast would chose the GTI 10/10 times.

The fuck???? its faster! The DSG can shift in 8ms! Faster than any human being ever could.

Obviously it is quicker in acceleration

Also, it can hold about 500 HP when tuning the car. No need to change out the clutch (which is mandatory or it WILL burn) with a simple stage 1 tune.

You can see why they mostly sell DSG GTI's , it is better in everyway. No one is going to blame you if you buy a manual GTI though, some people like manuals but the DSG is the real deal.

The autotragic is shitty but those cars even with small and shitty engines are fun if you just drive them fun.

I just want an actually small and light hatch with lots of power. It seems like you can get decent power and handling but they're all so fucking big.

fiesta st with turbo upgrade will hit 300 hp