Go to dealership

>Go to dealership
>Walk around 10 minutes looking at cars
>Not a single sales person approaches me
>Boomer couple walks in afterwards gets approached and greeted immediately.

Other urls found in this thread:

biway.com.au/download/Tales_From_The_Dealership.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>sales person whose livelihood depends on commission approaches couple who have disposable income and myriad assets
>instead of approaching moneyless poorfag neckbeard loser there to ogle a base model Toyobaru

wow gee

Have you tried talking to the salespeople?

Boomers are guaranteed money man.

When this happens walk in and tell the sales manager he just lost a fleet sale because you weren't greeted

because they're stupid an eager to impress people with their moderate savings of $32,000?

>finally the senior assembly worker at the widget factory can by a Ford F150 XLT...NEW

-Millenials don't have nay money

-Gen X/Gen Y might have some money but either won't spend it or have terrible financial sense

-Boomers have money, and will spend the money on things they want, even if it is a dumb financial decision

If I was on the lot and had to choose between engaging with a boomer couple looking at a V6 Camaro or a millennial eyeballing a Scion, it was the Boomers every time

Holy shit mate I just read the compilation of your posts, God fucking bless you

yeah but you also drive a FIAT, I'm not sure you're the wisest or most heterosexual person to listen to

I cannot wait for the day where I can bypass you scumbags and order directly from the manufacturer.

That will unironically never happen

I mean, I was pretty damn successful selling cars. It paid for a degree at least. And I did get the one fiat that's mostly made by the Japanese, in japan

Not in the game anymore man, and while it will never happen, I do wish it was an option. Would have done so with my 124.

Sales shits in any company don't know dick about the product they're selling except whatever is the best lie to get someone to sign and walk off with it. They have you under contract so you can't return it so it's in every sales shit's best interests to lie their ass inside out to get you off the lot with the car. That's all they have to do, just get you off the lot with it. They are not only getting paid to ruin you, it's their only source of income. If you want to go to a dealership because they have something you want, that's fine but if you're ever in a position where you are actually relying on any sales shit, just turn around and go the fuck home because you're getting taken for a ride (literally).

>waiting for someone to approach you

why? i just go straight to them and tell them the exact car i want to check out

Can't you do that already?

You have to order it TO a dealership, and when you order online it adds the dealer markups.

Tesla is the only one who does this, aside from ULTRA LUXURY automakers like Pagani

post more stories plz

>work in parts store
>two separate customers walk in
>one is an old lady who wants a brand new top of the line battery for her Mercedes and will almost certainly tip well and be pleasant to talk to
>the other is a 20 something wigger that needs his new STi jumped because he can't afford a new battery for his new car, he won't even offer any tip at all, will be boring to talk to and act like a douche when I suggest he fix the problem

Guess which one I help first OP

>Profiling is a wonderful thing

Weren't there some ultra-stories you were going to tell once you left the dealership? Don't hold out on us.

>not working for an OEM and having your car delivered to your office without ever stepping foot on a dealer lot

>going to a stealership

My brother and I saw a car online and were ready to buy it but some boomer paid full MSRP while we were test driving it before we could hagle with the manager.

>Received email alert for a car I was looking for
>Interior & exterior colors on point
>Optioned exactly the way I would've wanted it new in '06
>Get there, car is mint
>Have to walk in and find a salesperson
>He proceeded to tell me it's been a popular car
>Let me check it out, ask about a test drive
>Refused to let me test drive it
>Asked for his manager, was denied a test drive
>Furious, offered 1.5k less than what they were asking for it
>Denied, told me it has only been on the lot for a few days and it has drawn a lot of traffic
>Offered to pay full price there and then
>Drove home in my new to me shitbox

First car I've ever bought without beating the piss out of.

Hello sir.

You got played like a fiddle son

this

You bought a car without a test drive? Oh Lordy.

Dealerships can do that for a specilty/rare or high dollar car. In the contract they give buyer 24hr to return if not satisfied.
When i worked at subaru and the sti's first came out there was absolutly no test drives. They would allow customer to write a check for full payment verify funds and after a test drive check is returned in 3days late.
It was great cause all the poorfag joyriding jackoffs would get mad and be gone in 5min while weeding out the real buyers who didnt like it either but wanted the car bad enough to go through the hoops

Dies the buyer suffer a penalty if he returns the car in the 24 hour period?

Aye, when are we getting the Lost Chapters you promised?

Restock fee of dealer choice

Honestly, this. Nothing will change if you don't tell them about it.

I notice stuff like this at a lot of businesses. I have been talked down to several times (I assume) because I am in my early 20s. My money is just as good as anyone else' so it really grinds my gears when people don't take my seriously as a consumer. I would recommend letting a manager know that you are leaving and never coming back because of how you were treated.

Everyone hates men in my age bracket. It's probably the most hated demographic in the population. I still will choose not to go back to a place that treats me like shit though.

The problem is that right after I walk in the door you've already decided that I am a douchebag because of my age/appearance, much of which I can't change, nor should I have to. It's not unreasonable for me to be unhappy that I am treated rudely in comparison to another customer and it's also likely that you will lose me as a lifetime customer because of it. I'm definitely not going to pay someone money to treat me rudely.

I bought my car from this old dude. He just stayed sat down at his desk until you approach him. Fair enough... he was a nice guy. He really liked the car the I ordered and got me a good price

>Be 23
>Go to stealership, look at new cars
>Dressed in sneakers, gym shorts and a hoodie, with lazy stubble that is transitioning into a beard
>Open doors, look inside, even sit inside, sales people ignore me
>Look around at other cars, look at prices
>10-20 minutes later
>Make a phone call, talk to brother about cars and prices, some indecision
>Get interrupted mid-call by a salesman who asks if they can assist me

And that's how I got my WRX STi.

Keep yourself occupied while they watch you, make a point of looking at prices and comparing them, make a call, and they'll make a judgement call to try wheedle information out of you. People in sportswear and trackies will either be poorfags with no sense of shame, or richfags who don't give a fuck about what others think. It's easy enough to determine which is which by watching them.

Yeah.
In 1982.

The days of driving out directly to the factory and filling out an options checklist are long gone and never coming back.

What about the Ford GT?

Is Carmax better than your average Ford/Toyota/GM etc dealership?

It can be good or bad.
For sales people it is new age of car sales. They all make same set amount of commission no matter how cheap or expensive the car is. It is good for weak salesman since there is no pressure for them to up sell you. For lion like me, I would never work there, thrill of making that pay check on weak rabbits is well worth the bullshit you go thru.

For customers Carmax has set price with set finance. You can not haggle or fight for better rate. Best you can do is go with your own bank.
Some people are scared or don't like whole haggling so this is easy for them. If you are cheap Jew who loves haggling Carmax won't satisfy them.

Sorry mate but I got nothing from treating you and people like you with respect before. Not going to start respecting you again now.

And people like him will remember that for a lifetime and make sure to never shop with you again.

-Milennials with money aren't buying new. It's the $3000 craigslist GSXR next to the $5000 craigslist prius in the garage generation. If they're at a dealership it's to compare prices so they can talk people down or sell their own car.
-Gen X/Gen Y go to car lots specifically for used cars. If they're at a dealership they're lost and will be directed to the "value" lot to look at the used audis with 100,000 on the clock. If they talk to a salesperson, that's where they're going anyways.
-Boomers think WELL THATS HOW WE USED TO DO IT and still buy new at dealerships

You have to wonder like "people like him" are going to such places anyways when all the good ones get help from their friends, order online, or go to small shops because they have an innate hatred of "stealerships"

Don't be surprised that you only get assholes when you treat people in a way that makes decent people leave and never come back.

If you want good customer service...

>be a good customer

Listen to Their saying the pleasant person is the one they'd rather deal with. You can dress how you want, but have a smile, use your manners, and take a shower if you want to be treated well.

Ta-Fucking-Da.

>inb4 you didn't read my entire post/thread

Yep, you're right, I didn't. I cherry picked the fuck out of this thread. Unclench your butthole.

And I used the wrong goddamn descriptor.

*they're

5years of slaving away at dealership. I can tell you, customer lies and bullshits just as much as sales person. I noticed honest salesman go hungry. You know why ? Customers will see this and take advantage of the poor guy.
I seen this happen too many times, you know what ? All I want to say is fuck customers.

How does someone take advantage of an "honest salesman" because you sound like a huge cuck if anything

Not him, but I can give an uneducated guess:

>salesman knows the markup
>customer knows there is a markup
>salesman may feel intimidated, even guilty
>customer does not, keeps pushing, but not with an aggressive tone, very friendly person
>salesman sells car for discount (below msrp, to be clear)
>salesman gets bitch slapped by boss

It'll only take a couple times of that sort of behavior to lose a job

>walk into chevy dealership
>salesman approaches me and says hello
>point at the new 2500hd right in front of the dealership door
>"lets do paperwork on that one"
>salesman asks if i want to look at, I say no its a new truck and they are all pretty much the same
>go to his desk, no negotiating, write a check right then and there and hand it to him of what im going to pay for it. (it was good deal, but still a reasonable offer for it)
>cries that this is even less than the 'discount price'
>don't give a fuck, tell him thats what it is going to be or im going to the next place
>he talks to sales manager, ok's the offer price
>do paperwork and leave in new truck

first contact to leaving in the truck in less than 25 minutes. pretty easy desu

Just wait until you try shopping around for mortgages.

I just recently went through dealership hell to buy my new Golf GTI. I didn't get approached at any dealership I went to (Mazda, Honda, VW). The only guy to even engage in a proper conversation was a younger guy, he ended up with the sale. Took my Father along with me to wingman, just in case I got star eyed over a new car.

Still took 5 hours and 'walking' 3 times to get decent numbers. 31 year old IT guy btw.

Never again, I'm buying a Tesla if they prove semi-reliable by time my loan finishes in 2023.

>Gen X/Gen Y might have some money but either won't spend it or have terrible financial sense
>Gen X/Gen Y go to car lots specifically for used cars.

OldMidwestGenXFagHere. I call total bullshit on this. WHY? Because before I finally decided to use my engineering degree to start my own business, I worked at a dealership mostly because it was easy money and I liked it at the time. That being said, the experience there allowed me to see that the absolute WORSE people on average are the boomers. Most never gave things like STEM or saving for retirement a second thought because how the economy was then. But during the 70's-80's as it started to tank education in schools took a different meaning and getting a meaningful degree became paramount. THIS is why GenX has the highest % of stem degrees of any generation. But unfortunately the reason GenX has not been able to advance is the boomers are not able to leave the workplace because the did not prepare.

Thats the bullshit fact of the matter... Restock fee for a vehicle you aren't able to drive or check out other than sitting in the driver seat while the dealer makes vroom vroom noises from the passenger seat.

Personally if I were looking at a vehicle and wasn't allowed a test drive, or at least a ride along.. (unless it's a high dollar item) then fuck that.

same reason every other person doesn't greet you
you're fucking ugly user

>tipping at a parts store
is this a thing or a meme?

IKTF

I have real green american money, yet they don't want to take it.

The economy must be doing really good

>go to dealer to talk about buying my mustang
>greeted by salesman as usual
>told him I wanted this specific car in this exact color. no other models or trims just this
>I ask what they're pricing the car at
>"26869"
>said, "I'm not paying above 24.5 as that is middle of road pricing for the car"
>let-me-talk-to-my-sales-manager runaround
>wait there for salesman to get back and seen him juggling 2 other sales
>returns and says best they can do is 26400
>if that's the best offer they can start with then I decide I'm not getting it at this dealer
>I let him do all the paperwork after I "talk" him down another 400 and he will. not. budge. from 26 even
>tell him when the finance company tells me I'm approved "I"ll call you to get this finished" and he ordered the car to be delivered
>with evil snickering I run to dealer just down the road
>I walk in with all of dealer #1s paperwork and invoice breakdown and said, "I'm here to buy a car. Can you beat this price?"
>They knock off 1.5k on the spot and have my car ordered to be delivered
>HINT: it's the exact car the other dealer ordered

>for lion like me

You absolute faggot

Dealer protips-

Email every dealership within 100 miles
Ask if X can beat Y's offer
Do everything by email and document it
Don't talk to them on the phone, it's a waste of time and impossible to prove
Drive to dealership with best offer
Bring multiple print outs off deal
Decline ripoff insurance/protection/extras
Go over every item on your agreement and make sure it matches
If they change the deal at all (they will) walk out
Magically the deal is back
Sign and drive home and apologize to your wife for making her wait while dealing with that bullshit
Do it again every 5 to 10 years

>Go to dealership dressed in my suit, cape, top hot and spectacle
>Walk around with my golden cane saying "hmm" and stroking my chin with my gloved hand for 10 minutes looking at cars
>carry around sacks of gold with large dollar signs on them around the cars
>Boomer couple walks in afterwards gets approached and greeted immediately

How do I get them to notice me?

why buy a mustywang though dude

why not. it's very agile, makes 300hp, super8.8 LSD, fastback coupe, EASY to work on. basically it's a heavy toyobaru with reliability. It's a lot of car for the money.

You are scum. I'm not saying this to be funny or to troll but the world would be a better place without you. Exploiting people doesn't make you a man or a "lion" it just makes you an asshole.

I can't believe the amount of bullshit it takes to buy a car still. The fact that I can order a pizza exactly the way I want it and have it delivered to my door/track it's progress/know it's exact price is easy but buying a fucking car is like going 10 rounds with champ. It's archaic and idiotic.

I miss your stories LPG

Muh they're ok but agile is something they are not. Well, granted I had a 2013 but it ended up rolled over in a ditch.

V6 power was ok, but you had to wring it out. Best thing I ever did was change gears to 3.73

Has anyone got a copy of the PDF lying around? The original link is dead, the cache doesn't work and nobody is seeding the torrent.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:fea8e9b4d6d8c0883dbc12d67313095cf947de19&dn=Tales%20From%20The%20Dealership.pdf

That one.

biway.com.au/download/Tales_From_The_Dealership.pdf

It's a thing. If I change your battery/headlight/wiper etc. because you're too incompetent I expect a tip since it's something I didn't have to do, nor am I getting paid to do.

It ain't like I like the job. Relying on tips and selling packs of grease to make more than 10/hr is fucking retarded and I plan on quitting soon.

Like I did.
>Came in knowing what rate I could get
>Know the price of an agreement warranty
>Know market value of the car
>Get into negotiations
>Mention I want a warranty, the Chrysler/Mopar one is stellar
>Mention I got pre-approved at a 7 percent rate and I'd use their financing if they could beat it
>Mention I'd love the warranty, but the 14900 asking price is too high
>They think they'll make a huge profit off markup on the warranty
I get the price of the car down to 13750
>They offer me a 5.5% rate, they're still rock hard for that warranty commission
>At the last minute when we're going to show me the warranty options, I mention that their price for a warranty doesn't seem right
Stares
>"Yeah Mr. Dealership man, even in Chrysler's website the warranty option I was interested in only costs 900 shekels"
Stares
>Well I guess I'll just buy that down the road teehee
>Sign the prepared paperwork and eyefuck the Alfa 4c and the McLaren's they also sell
And that's how you do it bois

Quit your fucking whining and acting like the world owes you something. No one owes you shit.

trust me the irs makes a HUGE difference between the 11-14 and 15+ models. I'll be changing to 3.55s soon.

Men like you wouldn't have survived the dark ages

>Mention I got pre-approved at a 7 percent rate

lmao. nigger-tier credit score or what? The last thing you should be dispensing is anything remotely related to financial advice.

See
I'm a millennial, but there's something wrong with the general attitude with my generation. They have this idea that initiations, firms and producers owe them something. This idea that the employer needs them, instead of them supplying a service to the employer is pissing me off.

Not quite. I've got a 680, which isn't that good, but I've also never had a secured loan before. My credit history is now a year old, and this was my first auto loan and first principle loan.

Funny thing is, my work experience was on auto finance and now I work in credit repair

And why should it be any different? There is no loyalty in business. More often than not, it's those with money and connections that advance. When things get tough, you get tossed on your ass. Throw in feminism and how degenerate the average woman is and it's only natural that men will lose hope over time. There is no reason to go above and beyond anymore.

Why? I just want to look at cars in peace, then approach a salesman after I already know what I want. I prefer doing my own research beforehand, not like car babbys that have to have a salesman hold their hand through deciding which car is for them. Chances are I know more than the salesman anyway.

is this entire post a meme or just the good parts?

No. The reason you try is to build value in yourself. When you prove yourself a valuable resource to a firm, the odds that you get replaced are unlikely. The employer isn't obligated to keep you pretty for showing up, but if you are able to produce, that's when you are either kept at a higher pay grade or promoted to a different role. Competency will always be rewarded.

The idea that there is no reason to go above and beyond is the reason millennials as a most part work at Starbucks and get liberal arts degrees in underwater basket weaving

Fellow millennial here, all of this is too true to be honest. The biggest problem is, indeed, that millennials feel like the world owes them something. I also find that most millennials with that mindset haven't had actual adversity in their life, they've just coasted and the moment anything 'looks' to be rough, they get butthurt and upset.

I'm 27, have my own house, a boat and two cars. Why? Because I don't act like I am entitled to those things, I've worked my fucking ass off for them.

>nor am I getting paid to do
do you do it during work hours or when you're off the clock?

What country do you live in. I have never heard of this nor have I ever seen a parts store employee ever do anything more than just sell parts. Maybe a manager who is trying to get a repeat customer might show a person how to install a basic part themselves when they aren't too busy with customers. But I have never seen anyone ever tip a parts employee or a sales rep install basic parts.

>shit customer at a large chain says he'll never come back
Promise? I'm not on commission and we've got plenty more other customers. Less pain in the ass for me.

It's funny actually, when they aren't shit-talking about how weak millennials are, boomers do these little psychology experiments and talk about how millennials exhibit extreme selfishness and think only about upward momentum in a career.

>Hmmm, it's almost as if the young working population is now forced to be highly educated by means of overly selective employers who won't hire people to sweep floors and sell make-up unless they have a masters degree, and these young people aren't willing to be taken for a ride by jewish slave drivers looking for 9-5, 10 year contract drones paying for their lavish homes and holidays, and would sooner leave companies in the shit by walking after getting trained up if there's no possibility of upward momentum.

It's almost as if the very same characteristics that brought success to the executive level businesspeople is being taught to the STEM/ legal/business-centric degree generation, and they don't like that people have wised up.
Really gets the noggin' joggin'

That's the problem we seem to be having here. It's this mentality of "you should get grateful for being treated like desposable trash, while getting paid a barely liveable wage, while the people above you laugh to the bank". It's not about being "owned" something, but if you don't see a problem with employers demanding five plus years experience for an entry level position, while also paying you sub 40k a year, then you are living in a fantasy world. I always laugh when I see news articles about "employers having trouble filling jobs". What they don't tell you is these same jobs pay $9 an hour, no benefits, require 3-5 years of experience, and if you so much as get sick or need time off for any reason you get tossed out. Meanwhile billy and Jane get promoted because daddy invested his stocks in the right place and they joined the right frats/slutroity in college

The US. I have to do it all the time. It's almost expected from people who come in that I'll be the one going out in the 102° humidity and working on their shitbox for free. I just consider it a learning experience honestly. My manager makes me do it because they want repeat customers. I can change pretty much any battery ever within 5 minutes with no drill or assistance. Same with headlight bulbs, wipers, seat/steering wheel covers, air filters etc... I've gotten so good at basic maintenance bullshit that I don't even have to think about it anymore.

What I'd really like to do is move on to other things like taking apart engines and stuff I actually get joy out of accomplishing, and maybe making enough to live doing it.

Work hours. But I don't get any points for doing it nor is it something I make any commission on. I can't even get promoted for doing it well.

Same idea as pizza delivery boys only way more stressful.

Its not a meme. I unironically stereotype people. Years of dealing with cheap assholes does that to ya. If you're a nigger, minority or the same age as me or younger you get served dead last and with as much enthusiasm as I feel like giving.

Seconding this, another parts store employee here. People should also tip for:
>ringing them up at cashier's
>being directed to the correct department/aisle
>looking up a part in computer for them and/or ordering it
>scheduling an oil change/tire rotation
>being greeted

This is wrong. Our country is at a time where it's in desperate need door skilled labor. People who can fit pipe, weld, hang power lines and all that. The problem is millennials as a hole want a superstar ceo or sales job and hear that they need a liberal arts degree that doesn't help or a stem degree they either can't finish or can't afford.

When only 52% of people who go to college complete it, there's a problem.

Then find a better job Jesus fuck. If you aren't okay with making 9 dollars an hour, don't blame the boomers, the employers, the system or anyone else.

You can literally only blame you for not putting yourself in a better position. This is literally the entitled millennial attitude I was discussing.

I'm 21, going back to college right now and making 52k a year purely because I want okay with making 12 an hour working at a hardware store.

You probably dress like a poorfag. A good salesman can smell a waste of time a mile away.

Of course it's a country in desperate need of skilled, uneducated labour, it's just they are running out of illegals they can pay peanuts, or are under pressure from watchdog organisations. Companies and small businesses are haemorrhaging money, and so keep staff to a minimum, train them, work them as long and as hard as possible until they are burned out, turf them out, and repeat the process so nobody is ever on the rates a skilled worker gets. Unemployment stats don't include the people who worked in the last 3 months.

Millennials are being crucified by the media for being stubborn about pay, training and opportunity. Can you blame them, considering the current economical climate?

I can. Literally I'm a millennial, I make a more than a livable wage, and I don't have a degree.

Literally just look, look for jobs. They are completely out there. The unemployment rate is extremely low, it's your fault, not the corporations or bosses or firms that you aren't making enough

I love how you completely disregard all his points and just repeat "go look goy, jobs are out there hehe". People like you are why millennials act the way they do

You are literally worth what an employer will pay you, I'm worth what my boss pays me. I agree with this interchange, which is why I still work at my company. I had no training or degree that taught me my position, I leveraged the skills I learned at my previous employers and had a paygrade in mind when I got hired.

>so keep staff to a minimum, train them, work them as long and as hard as possible until they are burned out,

This is literally the point of an employer. If you hired someone, do you just expect them to hang out and fuck off all day while giving them money? No. If you're okay with doing that, you can work at a retail auto parts store and compassion that your boss is telling you to do your job. Your employer owes you nothing, you owe your employer your effort and time, and in return they give you money.

If millennials are anally devastated by this fact, which many are, then they can keep grumbling on a Vietnamese ladyboy bazaar about how hard it is out there.

Or they could go on Craigslist, look for a basic work opportunity that pays better and get it. It's what I've done, and like stated numerous times, I'm one of them.

The world isn't set up for millennials, the millennials need to set themselves up for the world

The other issue is that the international definition of "employed" that government agencies use includes people who work 1 hour a week.

Wow, I had no idea. Well I wish you luck in your endeavours with becoming a full mechanic and leaving that BS behind.

Aren't you that guy with some kind of spinal disability thing?
Your position is secure because your bosses are terrified you'll take them to court over 'able-ism' discrimination.

I'm not. I'm an able bodied white male who decided I didn't want to do menial labor jobs and going a way to use my noggin instead.

It's not a perfect statistic, but it gives you a rough idea of the labor market.

Millennial whiners are just looking for excuses. I went from zero marketable skills to making $23/hour+built-in overtime in just 6 months and $2000 of my own dollars out of pocket by hitting up the local community college and getting into the trades.

Didn't know you had this much wisdom at this point.

Great post user, I'm impressed

See how long you last doing menial bullshit and being the lowest rung on the shit-kicking ladder. If you're a dullard you might stick with it long enough to become the office joke.

Employers don't owe employees anything, but employees can simply use the time to beef up a resume and go somewhere else for better pay, or threaten to do so, if they are smart. That's the real reason for the anti-millennial agenda.

If the employees are doing dead-end jobs and are loyal, they get chewed up and spit out. You'll learn just how far loyalty will get you in 2 years.