Where did it all go wrong?

Where did it all go wrong?

this looks hip

If you changed the emblem on the grill you could convince people that it was a Benz and no one would second guess it.

could we be witnessing the return of window wind deflectors?

Mitsubishi took a serious wrong turn when they made fighter planes for Japan in WWII. Despite this, they still use a propeller emblem.

When did these jap niggers start making Ford Fusions?

thought it was a civic in the thumbnail

>propeller emblem

what

I don't understand your reasoning at all lmao

honestly the car modification culture made the Lancer an exercise in futility.

1. design a performance sedan
>oh it's only so much faster than the last model, how boring
2. make it faster
>jeez why is this so expensive
3. make it cheaper
>the turbocharger is maxed out, i'll swap out a new one. fuck why did the engine blow
4. make the engine stronger
>well now it's too expensive again!
5. make it cheaper
>the transmission can only hold 400whp before it starts to slip
6. make the transmission more robust
>fuck it's expensive again!

etc etc. The IX should have been the last iteration to let them end on a glorious note

It looks like it's going to weight the same as the Evo X for a base model FWD while using a 1.4L engine

Is it?

I kind of loved the front end of the last few Lancers.
Sad to see it go.

You mean vw

looks like a vw passat

The irony is, they had a car that did ALL of that and even had AWD, and they canned it in favor of the Eclipse and importing the Lancer because muh Fast And Furious and muh JDM even though underneath they were practically the same car with the exception of the Gen II Galant VR4 which was for all intensive purposes a slightly-detuned 3000GT VR-4 with 4 doors

Look at the grille of OP, the triple diamond has always been configured in the shape of a propeller, I bet you had no idea BMW's emblem is the same thing

>BMW's emblem is the same thing

Not true

>t. my roommate got a Z3 and subsequently became obsessed with bringmawallets

Nope, Mitsubishi means 3 diamond and so is the emblem, Bwm is a fragment of the Bavarian flag within a circle.

Actually I was wrong on both counts
Apparently the BMW logo is just the colors of the free state of Bavaria, even though BMW corporate teaches the propeller myth, historians noted the logo back to BMWs origins as Rapp Motorwerke
As for Mitsubishi, it's actually the homogenization of two Japanese family crests of the Yamauchi and Iwasaka families

In my defense, the cars were also a lot cheaper to develop and implement back then.

Actually looks good to me, better than the outgoing Lancer anyways. I thought the Lancer was going to be an SUV now?

Yeah this surprises me. I thought they couldn't find a business case to make more lancers

Turns out this thing is still just another facelift for the CY0 based Lancer from 2007 kek
Look at the doors and the shape/proportions of the windows and pillars. They added a kink to the rear side windows, but that's it.

It's fucking nothing.

that is one ANGERY ass

>tfw Mitsubishi will NEVER make another Lan Evo

It's really sad to see a company that made some of the best Japanese cars of the 90s die off like this.

Nissan/Nismo is making replacement parts for the R32 to help prolong the life of the car and aid car enthusiasts. But what have the other major Japanese manufacturers done? Mazda doesn't make anything good anymore, and the RX-8 was shit from the beginning. Toyota just makes econoboxes and the new "Supra" is actually a BMW. Honda doesn't make anything good either, with the S2K and the Integra dying off last decade. And the new Civic Type R is atrocious, the last good Civic was the EP3.

What went wrong?

Or a fusion.
Or a civic
Or an accord
Or a impala
Or a camry
...god cars are bland now.

>What went wrong?
A massive drop in demand. As much as we love our 90's Jap sports cars, they're not profitable anymore, and manufacturers can make way more money by catering to women and betas.

A FUCKING PASSAT

Worst Korea became a viable competitor abroad and car ownership in Japan is incredibly expensive cause of all the environmental laws and aging population, so youth interest is practically nonexistent.

More like this.

thats a lie, bmw cant make decent cars how would they make planes