Why is Chevrolet the worst automaker of all?

They create cars with the shittiest quality possible and charge like mofos. Their cars are a pile of joke. Their cars have horrible build quality with a lot of quality issues or inconsistency. Their interiors look so dull and it's all shitty black plastic everywhere. Gets recalled every month. Their cars are considered pleb tier and no body wants their frickin badge on any of their cars, because that's why the Bolt isn't selling well. Their "Luxury division" are just shitty in quality and overly priced, I'm talking about the Escalade which is a chormed up shittily built $45,000 Tahoe. Their other cars are horrible and don't even deserve to be competed with any well established German or Japanese brands. Hell the Koreans do better than them. Why are they still in business? Why are they so shitty? They have a horrible managing department who does the dumbest things of all.

This is my view or opinion on Chevrolet. What justification can you bring up to prove my view wrong?

Checked quads of truth

1LE Camaros

The only saving grace for them is their trucks, anything up to 1990, maybe even 2000 are dependable, rock solid vehicles. Not sure about the modern ones.

None.

Today, op was correct.

*blocks your path*

>What justification can you bring up to prove my view wrong?

Mitsubishi is the worst so Chevrolet can't be the worst car company of all.

Also, why are you talking about Escalades? Do you hate GM or Chevy?

> What justification can you bring up to prove my view wrong?

studies with massive sample sizes

>highest ranked GM brand is Buick
>lineup consists mostly of rebadged German cars
Whatever happened to "German cars are unreliable"?

Holy shit those quads.

However I'm with you man. I hate Chevy and their products....they are basically sucking money of people by over pricing their shit.

Can somebody please post the picture of the Tahoe next to the Escalade with the pen pineapple pen guy?

Actually GM only makes like 4% per vehicle. Toyota makes like 25%

>"german" cars use 90% GM parts
????
Well I can't deny they are being engineered in Germany, but the parts are GM for a long time

FCA still exists.

You forgot to insert your Ferd ad into the post, retard shill.

Any WT or LT with either the 5.3 or 6.0 Vortec is bullet fucking proof as long as they've existed. All modern diesels are cancer because you end up paying the price of the truck in maintenance to fix that EPA bullshit breaking.

My dad bought a 2016 Shitvrolet Silverado and right as it reached 6,000 miles, we had this issue where the truck would shake and vibrate at certain speeds, like around 30 MPH and up for us. We issued a report to GM but we haven't gotten a response yet after 7 months. We also took it back to the dealership where we had a mechanic check it out. Unfortunately, there was no remedy to fix this problem.

GM said they would take action in these types of problems, but apparently it's all words no action.

Maybe if your dad wasn't a fucking retarded cuck
My shitverado has 175k mileage and runs fine
My 2015 suburban now has around 90k and runs fine
My oldsmobile still ran strong till I crashed it
Any fucking car runs fine if it's not driven by a retarded old fart who's spoonfed lazy dealer mechanic diagnostics

>Maybe if your dad wasn't a fucking retarded cuck

Whatever did he mean by this???

>Any fucking car runs fine if it's not driven by a retarded old fart who's spoonfed lazy dealer mechanic diagnostics

nibba, my pops isn't the only person that had this problem. There's like hundreds upon hundreds of customers who's trucks and SUVs have the "Chevy Shake" problem. The damn thing is practically brand new and it already rides like a fucking hooptie at 6,000 miles.

if this is bait, then well baited.

It was mostly bait
But idk I guess I've been extremely lucky with GM

I posted it in another thread
>They ruined GM
>They're SJWs
>They intentionally make it difficult to work on your cars, which WILL faill on you
>They're boring on purpose, yet marketed towards everyone

And we still bailed them out, because the economy is such a shit state that if so many people lost their jobs now they wouldn't all be able to be hired elsewhere.

Their still in business because local American businesses and the government does whatever they can to help them out (and Ford/Chrysler also). They probably wouldn't exist or most likely be half of their size if Obongo didn't bail them out. GM and Ford run their vehicles at really competing prices. 13k for a spark, 16-17k for a Cruze, 21k for a Malibu, Colorado at 20k, Silverado at 27k. My company had a discount program for its employees where I could go in and get a Ford Fiesta for around 10k or a Cruze around 12k. Even then I said fuck that and bought a new Toyota. For most people, 13k for a shitty Fiesta is more affordable than a Corolla/Camry/Civic and people would rather get the Fiesta because they're either retarded or just don't want to pay anymore than that price, of course there's more incentives within Ford/Chevy anyways.

Also, FCA is worse.

10k for a brand new Fiesta. Man these companies are truly sucking our money off.

At least Ford is willing to make the ST. Chevy has no relevant equivalent. There is honestly no Chevy worth owning, because better alternatives exist for every single vehicle they make.

What do you expect from those gullible fools aka amerifats?

Chevy should have gotten the astra or corsa OPC/VXR but americans don't buy small hot hatches, they won't even get the 2018 FiST

>Chevrolet ruined GM
???

the god machine sonic exists which proves you wrong m8

>ecoshitbox
>god machine

>doesn't even get the Corsa OPC drivetrain

>tfw Astra OPC-based Cruze SS never because Opel is French now

Ugh....that was my loaner car when my company car Mazda 3 was in the shop for a fender job. Worst and unbelievably shitty of a car, the Sonic was.

>lightweight
>good mpg
>comfy
>good handling
>safe

>There is honestly no Chevy worth owning, because better alternatives exist for every single vehicle they make.
Ah, the truth kills the Chevy fangirls.

>complaining about a car thats base model on shit tires and has a dreary auto trans

>lol y car bad

you are dum

>delusional GM fangirl

A drive a base model Mazda 3 and that thing is miles better.

Is JD even true? I heard these are massively paid.

K

I totught that Chevrolet only sold shitty cars outside of United States, for example on south america they mostly sell extremely facelifted and reviewed versions of the old Opel Corsa B, shitty Brazilian made cars, rebadged Daewoos and Chinese cars. The only "real" Chevy cars you can buy are the Camaro, Silverado, And Tahoe/Suburban

>"German cars are unreliable"
it was just forced meme

Well yeah that's bullshit. All that plastic for "mpgees and lightweight". Or at least make them in a way it looks good.

Well, you made me think that I was an asshole. Okay man, if you like your car, you are good.

>Is JD even true? I heard these are massively paid.
Not really. Do you think Lexus paid a lot to JD to be in the top of their chart? No.

Look at their charts from 2000 to 2016. KIA in 2000 was in the bottom. Now, it is in the middle-top. They are getting improved every years. German manufacturers did the same thing.

>V6 Camaro
>$36k

>No hot version of any car they make.

>Made the SS its own car instead of making it the new Impala

GM has really great engineers. I think they get betrayed by the bean counters, designers, and quality control people.

GM was the first to put out an affordable 200+ mile range EV. Yet the Bolt is unnoticed in the EV market. The LEAF still sells more, and people will retweet anything Elon says and then hand him a $1000 interest free loan.

The SS was imported from Australia and would've been too expensive to make it competitive with normie sedans. The SS was already over priced.

The SS was just GM using up spare capacity at the Holden factory. Hoping to get the Aussie government to subsidize a new factory.

It's being referred to as the Chevy shake.

GM doesn't have to recall it as it isn't a safety hazard.

Google it, you'll be disappointed in this honest company.

t. Mad fordshills

>anything up to 1990, maybe even 2000 are dependable, rock solid vehicles.
I wholeheartedly disagree with you on that

Every truck from every manufacturer is shitty in different ways.

People walk into a GM dealership knowing they might get the chevy shakes.
They walk into a Dodge dealership knowing their balljoints will constantly be breaking
People walk into a Toyota dealership expecting a frame replacement and a less equipped truck for $10k more
Etc. No truck is perfect.

what the fuck is wrong with those wipers lmao

They fucking broke

An unexplainable problem with no cure doesn't exactly fall under the same category as a wear item and a frame that can't handle corrosion. At least Toyota will replace frames, unlike the big 3. I probably see extreme examples living in the rust belt but it's always the same generations rotting in the same place.
>Ie; Ford Rangers frames rot away near the spare tire
>ie; Prebailout Chebbys rot at the frame directly between the cab and box

On top of that, GM is either keeping it hush hush or refusing to do anything about it. If you read about the Chevy shake entire drivetrain changes along with new tires hasn't cured the issue. People are having their shocks changed to dampen the problem, not cure it.

We could also look at the Takata airbag issue. A rival company pointed the issue out to GM in the early 2000s IIRC. To save a few sheckles, GM did their best to keep moisture out of the area.

We could also move onto early Dexcool applications. They did nothing about it except fight numerous class action lawsuits.

GM is a garbage company. They're completely dishonest and refuse to take action for their own mistakes.
>GM is currently fighting old GM because "not responsible for prebailout GM"

I get frustrated in the winter time when snow packs to the inner wheel and causes a slight vibration. I couldn't imagine buying a brand new truck that develops a strong vibration within 20k miles.

I'd understand if you lived somewhere with snow and you tried using the wipers to push it off, but that's the cleanest Chebby I've looked at in awhile.

Wait until the intermittent wipers start working intermittently. That's always fun. Both my S10 and 1500 experienced that. Never fixed it, but God was it frustrating.

>GTI version of the Beetle never

I like to say the devil you know is better then the devil you dont. Im forced to admit my favorite brand has made a poor showing in the enthusiast car market. But in the truck market the Chevy and GMC products have delivered exceptional value in the past 25 years. The proof to this is that I own 7 GMC or Chevy trucks today. After having owned 20+ in the last 25 years. I continue to shop all brands but the Chevrolet product continues to offer the best value for my needs.

That being said my daily drivers or fun to drive cars have all been European or Japanese meeting all the common Memes. Even with some dank Lulzs with the rotarys.

I have a 2001 5.3 Chevrolet half ton with 260,000km that has gone through 16 winters and never given me any issues aside from regular maintenance and a bit of rust on the box sides.

No, you're right. At least there is ST versions, something interesting. Literally no reason to get a chebbie

>Opel is the most reliable.of German brands

Really got the old noggin jogging

>Korean

Why would you spend $25k on a souped up fwd when you can get a rwd base Camaro?

>American V6
Just cuck me up senpai

Why hasn't gm put the 2L turbo from the base Camaro into the Cruze yet to make an FoST, Si, GTI competitor.

Because the fwd ford will somehow still be faster and less embarrassing

Because GM isn't interested in driver's cars or competition. Just money.

But even a V6 camaro is a better driver's car than all of those and faster too.

I said driver's car, not "hurrr I can floor the pedal and the transmission shifts for me so I can go in a straight line really fast"

Holy shit those quads, but I have to disagree with you on a number of things. Engine and major drivetrain components is where GM shines like a motherfucker. Chebbys of any year were generally more reliable where it mattered. Yeah, everything else was generally shit or went to shit on Chevrolet cars and trucks, but there's a saying that GM vehicles will run bad longer than most will run at all. Fuckers are cockroaches.

We're on the same page then as that's exactly what i mean.

I would much rather have a car that runs well for a long time than a car that runs poorly for a long time because the manufacturer refuses to correct critical flaws.

But you're free to do whatever with your money.

>has to compare a sports car to a focus to look good
>still only marginally faster than a 4 banger
Have you ever heard of the term "grasping at straws"?

How am i grasping? i told you a V6 Camaro would be better than all those other cars you listed and you just suggested it couldn't turn. not only was it better but its faster than an AWD Focus RS.

>people in this thread right now talking about fucking dead wobble
>people in this thread right now think it's GM exclusive
>literally google death wobble and first two videos of a ram and a ferd

You guys are retarded. Death wobble can happen to any fucking truck. My LLY Duramax is still going strong with 200k miles, you all are cucks. You want the know the real truth about trucks?

>want ride quality? Dodge
>want to tow shit? GM / Chevy
>want to be a cuck? Ferd
>want a work truck? Toyota / GM / Chevy

You completely dodged the point of putting the 2L turbo into other cars to go on about the V6 beating cars completely uncomparable to it. Of course I'm going to still make fun of you.

But why invest R&D into that when they've essentially made the Camaro their Swiss Army Knife of a car as far as filling multiple market segments. the price of a V6 Camaro puts it nicely in the slot of a Focus RS which cost the same. the question I've always been asking is why doesn't Ford have a sports car to pit against the Vette. something with a starting price of 50k with a topping price of 100k with a Coyote and Voodoo engine options. would be much welcomed.

>camaro
>bad visibility
>bad back seats
>edgy yokel design

dude get fucked, a well optioned impala at a discount is god tier if you want a swiss army knife

fleet shit can keep a company alive, and its the most reliable

Do you ever get tired of moving goalposts?

Just admit that you're a GM fanboy and that you'll just apologize any wrongdoing by GM.

>gets called out
>continues to praise the V6 Camaro even more
Either you're getting paid for this shitposting, or you've gone too deep and invested too much of your personality into chevy.

dude gm is whatever, so many other companies eat massive quantities of shit in so many areas nowadays

remember that toyota had cars that would "unintentionally accelerate" their customers into trees

I agree but its a driver's car which is what we were talking about so practicality comes second. Rotaries have problems up the ass but to a lot of people its worth it for the driver's car feel it provides.

I've stayed to the same goal.
>Why doesn't GM offer turbo 4 cylinder sporty car?
>Why when their NA V6 offering fills that segment nicely?

>Just admit that you're a GM fanboy
I'm not, if you want the best 4 cylinder sports car the Type R is the best all around IMO.

>remember that toyota had cars that would "unintentionally accelerate" their customers into trees
What are you even trying to say anymore?

GM won't make an interesting 2L turbo car, despite the means to do so.

If you're just going to point out that somebody made some bad floormats to counter that, you should seriously consider hanging yourself because of how bad your logical reasoning is.

literally my first post ever on Veeky Forums: I don't know shit about cars, convince me to not buy a 2018 Camaro in the 4-cylinder variation

reason for wanting one: I can afford it and I think it looks cool

My first car was a ford with a factory throttle body issue that caused me to stall on the freeway. I'll never buy a ford again because it scared the shit out of me.

>Boaty V6 is the same as a compact 2.0 turbo.
Lol okay. And the corvette is totally fine being slower than the GTR because they're "not in the same segment"

A V6 Camaro weighs less than a WRX STI and around the same or less than a Focus RS (3,300 lbs).

This board is beyond saving, go somewhere else. Also buy a used v8 camaro you fucking faggot the v8 is a necessary part of the experience

wow someone missed the point entirely, are you actually that retarded?

If you haven't figured out what Veeky Forums means by benchracing, now would be a very good time to learn.

Yes I realized that they missed the point entirely. How does that make me retarded though. I never claimed to be a good teacher:

this. Alphonse triggered gm fangirls into permanent meltdown mode. lol

Am i benchracing or them?
>brings up Camaro
>lol can't turn
>lol too fat
>is wrong on both

You're still comparing cars that have nothing to do with each other based on raw stats. That literally is benchracing.

they are not wrong. gm. can't compete and they have never won lemans.

also
>pushshit

>cars that have nothing to do with each other
The purpose was a driver's car right?
>based on raw stats
No, its based on Price actually. why don't these cars have anything to do with each other if their all lightweight and nimble? would you consider the Nissan Z a higher or lower class of car than the Focus/WRX STI?

assmad gm fangirl spotted
I

>Comparing a FWD, RWD, and AWD car all in the same post.
>still insisting it's equivalent
What are you really on about? That a V6 Camaro can beat cars it's not similar at all to? Congratulations.

That's basically the gist of this thread. Unfortunately, if you have an auto enthusiast board anywhere on the internet, GM fanboys will always be there to be mad about being the worst brand.

>>Comparing a FWD, RWD, and AWD car all in the same post.
He didn't even mention drive-train layout. he just wanted a turbo 4banger. they do sell turbo 4banger Camaros if you're that anal about it.

>What are you really on about?
My original point was that it was a better driver's car in addition to being faster. then they suggest it wouldn't be able to turn and then suggest it was a boat i wouldn't have never even brought up track times or weight measurements if not for that because those things don't even matter to (me) in a driver's car.

Fuck off nigger