/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.4 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
Current titlekey website links:
3ds.titlekeys.gq/
wiiu.titlekeys.gq/

>3DS
[May 25] Some 3DS users have received LocalFriendCodeSeed_B bans, preventing online play, use of the Friend List, the YouTube, Hulu and Netflix programs, Pokémon Bank and Project Kaeru. Everything else, like downloading games from the eShop/FreeShop, browsing the web or using other online services like Miiverse works. There's no known correlation between the bans at the moment.
You can unban yourself by replacing the banned LocalFriendCodeSeed_B file with one from a console that hasn't been banned (download link and guide in the Pastebin), but be aware it could get banned at any moment.
[May 20] sighax and boot9strap have been released, allowing to dump bootroms and to mod any 3DS. The guide has been updated.
New Luma releases will only support b9s. If you're using a9lh you can switch to b9s by following this 3ds-guide.b4k.co/updating-to-boot9strap

>DSi
[May 28] A new DSiWare exploit will be released. The title it requires is preinstalled on some DSi models.
[May 28] SRLoader allows to run DS games from SD card using nds-bootstrap. gbatemp.net/threads/472200/

>Vita
[May 26] New HENkaku release. henkaku.xyz/changes/
[May 25] Adrenaline 4.1 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases
[May 9] Coldboot HENkaku teased for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/

>Updating to 11.4 like a cuck
>Complaining about being banned

11.2 ubanned masterrace

Luma was a mistake.

EO5 FANTRANSLATION WHEN?
SOMEONE HURRY UP AND FIND OUT HOW TO RE-ENCRYPT THAT SHIT

Reminder that DS ROM loading from SD was not worth waiting for

you're going to get banned regardless.

Postponing the acquirement of a flashcard to see how nds-bootstrap would progress was and still is a worthwile investment if you aren't in a hurry about playing DS games.

we were all mistakes

Reminder that the Vita was not worth waiting for

Daily reminder that (you) DESERVE to be banned, filthy pirate.

Trannys were a mistake

I miss reinand

>NINTY GIVE ME MY FREE GAMES BAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

AND WITH ONLINE TOO

I never stopped to think about it. Time to get a 3DSXL, I guess.

Freeshop for PSP and PS3 when?

>not the superior new 2ds xl

psnstuff+ exists for the ps3.

What's wrong?

It's ugly as fuck and looks like a GPD WIN

when will the next banwave happen?

Is there something you'd like to talk about?

How much does Nintendo pay for reporting public seeds?

Where's your proof of that huh??!?! Show me proofs!!!!

About 15€ each.

will there ever be an easy to do PS3 CFW that works on every firmware, even the latest update? I wouldn't mind getting CFW running on my slim, but i'd rather not pay some mexican to solder shit onto it.

So I'm confused with B9. On Luma 7.1 with B9, can I update to the newest update?

How does this whole emunand thing work on this. Default emunand is 1 but autoboot emunand isn't checked in the settings. Do I boot to sysnand every time?

Would using another seed when you're not banned be a good idea? Or can Nintendo ban your original seed all the same?

Welp so report them individually then because the first batch of 100 I did only fetched me $1000. Wow Ninty, are you seriously ripping on people who are trying to help?
>mfw

Can't people just spoof the ftp homebrew so that it'd look like the original ftp app from nintendo or something?

Download the DLC files through Wii U USB Helper, put them on "install" folder, boot Mocha then boot WUP installer to install the DLCs. The DLCs will only work if you use Mocha before.

>brazil that low

>Entire document explaining rights and terms
>Two pages on payout explanations
>Still not able to read

Fuck me you're dumber then the general pirate scum.

Why did you delete this post? What thread is this from?

Well shit...

>ugly as fuck
I probably won't get one anyway but this is just wrong, it's the sexiest DS design yet

Is this true? If I system transfer from my cfw 3ds to a new 3ds on stock firmware there is absolutely no risk of being banned on the new 3ds until I put cfw on it?

>white_woman_catches_herself_a_new_bull.jpg

From what I understand, you can system transfer, but if your nnid was already viewed to have that particular information on it, then you're only putting a gap in the inevitable. You WILL be banned.

You want to stretch out the shitty 240p? Won't it look even worse?

Wait, does this mean someone can produce DS cartridges or use flash carts for installing B9S?

Will anyone here inject pokemon for me? Not able to hack my own n3ds as I only learned about this recently and really want some free pokemans after way to long breeding.

Anyways don't have the specifics ready was just wondering if this was a good place to ask.

I don't get it, why is /hbg/ arresting a niglet?

>it's the sexiest DS design yet
Wrong

kek

scriesm said in last thread that there are implementations of this in the works for existing flashcards.

So I'm not safe then? As soon as I heard about the banwaves, I checked if I was banned, and I wasn't, so I instantly turned wireless off. Is it possible Nintendo might already know I have cfw and randomly ban me one day?

>full black
that's gay

Yes, ans N can never patch it.

I still can't get over how fucking absurd this shit is? What the fuck were they thinking?

gawd damn

Pretty much.
AK2i are flashable, and the most likely target for Normmatt's implementation, so get one while they're still cheap.

Shut the fuck up you whiny bitch

1:1, nothing is getting stretched. The 3DSXL just got a lower PPI, so it can output the same resolution at a bigger size without any quality loss.

It might be used by them to repair and unbrick shit?

I think it's more like if you ever used a homebrew app while online, you're more than likely going to be banned at one point. Unless you have taken meticulous steps to ensure that you never started a homebrew app while online, it's more than inevitable.

Captcha: BRAVO

fuck I have an R4

I saw that but wouldn't it mean the NAND is fucked regardless and would need a hard mod to restore it?

Makes sense, but I thought they were doing friend code seed bans, not NNID bans. Only a select few people have said they've been banned on their Wii U/switch and they're probably lying

no u

Only a matter of time.

>home button at the top bottom
>sd card under the backplate
Ruined. It could have been amazing.

yes
/ourguy/ said he was able to save a 3ds he had accidentally zeroed

That would be a fucking ridiculous way to do it though.

why

Can Nintendo ban you based on your serial number alone?

Guys, am I the only one that remembers seeing pics of the n2DS with a second circle pad instead of the nub. I was hyped for that shit, did I imagine it or what happened?

Nintendo can't ban you, you are invincible.

I don't think so, but don't take my word for it.

Because it's completely insecure

Is retroarch on the 3ds slow with SNES and GBA games?

>11.4
>no ban
hmmmmm

>download retroarch .7z
>download the roms you want
>put everything on the sd card
>launch emulator, select game, play
>also have useful features that are essential to any modern emulator
>also get emulators for non-nintendo consoles

>go to 3dsiso
>log in
>look for every single VC game you want through the forum posts using the messy search system
>hope someone actually posted them
>go through empty request threads and other shit that has nothing to do with what you're looking for
>find broken links
>finally manage to get some of the games you want
>put the .cias on the SD card
>install them through FBI
>finally get to play them
>only one savestate, can't change assigned buttons
>got closer to the 300 installed titles limit
>the banners don't even look good and the uploader put his name and/or spam in the game's name field
>since only retards go to 3dsiso, you're also using windows and don't block ads so you now have malware on your computer and also got your 3ds banned

is Freeshop updated with latest games? if no, which is good cia page?

>3ds acting funny
>sometimes won't boot with SD in(blue light shines for a second before going dark again)
>currently not banned so I might as well create a new backup of folder and dump NAND again
what are some signs that an SD is about to go out? and any recommendations for a proper SD? I've had this one for under a year, so why is it suddenly behaving this way so soon? I haven't installed/moves games since dec.

Reposting because new thread:
does anyone have the English patched version or english patch files of Root Letter? I found some links but they're all dead.
mega links are appreciated.

I need something to play since I finished Another code and the Zero Escape games...

no idea, this image was used as a 3ds general OP image a few years back. It's not mine.

I'm going online and I've got a 64GB SD card almost full of games from the Freeshop. I'm living life on edge here, boys. Wish me luck.

why

been playing online just fine, don't know what the ban fuss is about

also why is b9s better than a9lh?

Did you mess up your b9s installation or something?

>If your device shuts down on boot, ensure that you have copied boot.firm from the Luma3DS .7z to the root of your SD card

I assume you have that file in there if your 3DS is still booting, but make sure it didn't get corrupted.

I don't know if I'm banned cause last time I played online was like 2 weeks ago, should I just wait?

Do Nintendo care if I play a Jap game on a piggu 3ds? Is that ban worthy?

yep
>boot.firm 5/19/2017 8:06pm

it's fine after I reseat the SD, but not sure why it suddenly decided to start doing this. I could try grabbing another and see if that fixes it, but my gut is saying the SD is going out. I've also had it suddenly give an error during play, saying that my SD had been removed.

if it's a corrupted boot.firm, that would be great.

If what that says is correct and you've ever used Freeshop then it's too late. Might as well just check now and see if they got you yet.

Because if anyone ever happens to discover it all systems are fully compromised for ever.

ie, EXACTLY WHAT FUCKING HAPPENED

May as well not even bother with crypto if you're going to do something so stupid.

>can't even play physical games without updating my ps4 anymore
god and I thought nintendo and their bans were harsh
what is happening atm s m h t b h f a m

How would anyone discover? I don't get your point.

Anyone else feel like this new information is a bunch of misinformation to cause the non banned to ban themselves?

>guys, if you've ever been online while using homebrew apps, you're pretty much banned
>stop worrying and just play online
>who cares what caused the ban, you can inject a new seed if you do get banned
>I was unbanned already, so it's just temporary. nintendo probably goofed and we're all safe

I get that it sucks to be banned, but it would be a dick move to try and drag others down with you.

i guess they just kept this backdoor to do stuff like repeair broken 3DS and simply thought that even if discovered it wouldn't be that big a loss.

Yes, without sighax or arm9loaderhax this would be pretty much useless.

>SD Card Adapter for Vita Fat
>Its 3G Vita Only
Has anybody actually swapped the motherboard in their Vita from Wifi to 3G? Is it as easy as just replacing it or is there something missing?

Have you ever considered that it's possible to have a backdoor that also has security on it?

Jesus

They basically barred all the windows, installed an expensive security system, and then just left the front door wide open.

I'm not going to lie, I do agree with some of your points, but I didn't get hit in this wave (MH4U n3DSXL, hacked from the beginning) and some of the points in the image that's floating around do make sense.

I'd be more convinced if they outlined the wireshark logs though.

Wait, no. You could have tethered CFW with the flashcart in any scenario, but untethered CFW requires one of the two here.

So what do you propose? Just stay offline indefinitely?

This only works because they fucked up sighax.
The same backdoor exists on the DSi (try the button combo!) but won't work because the DSi doesn't have sighax. Or at least, we don't know about it.

>have several 3dses
>all of them are using shark or monkey cards
>none are banned
hmmm

>"this ban doesn't bother me, I never play online anyway"
if these words are true(which have been echoed thousands of times since D day), no one should have an issue with keeping their wifi off until more "credible" information is released.

the only game I played online before the ban was mk7. I can hold off on playing online for a few months, if needed.

So If I launche freeshop or FBI while connected to the internet I'm busted ?

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you do all your shady stuff offline, you could still play online with whatever game and never getting banned, provided you play it after its release and without cheating ?