/shmupg/ - Shoot 'em Up General

More Deathsmiles Edition: The Sequel

Previous Thread This general is for discussing all shmups/stgs (shoot 'em ups/shooting games/shooting type games).
Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s
Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

RECENT RELEASES:
>Dangun Feveron M2 port
Somewhere on PSN
>Bullet Soul
store.steampowered.com/app/544580/
>Ghost Blade HD
store.steampowered.com/app/577910/
>Zangeki Warp
store.steampowered.com/app/564040/
>Caladrius Blaze
store.steampowered.com/app/386770/
>DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu
store.steampowered.com/app/464450/
>WITCH-BOT MEGLILO:
store.steampowered.com/app/437020/
>Danmaku Unlimited 3
store.steampowered.com/app/450950/

UPCOMING RELEASES:
>Pawarumi
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=812914421
>Graze Counter
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=899022724
>Ketsui M2 port
gematsu.com/2017/04/m2-announces-ketsui-m2-shottriggers-release-feveron-school
>Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia
>iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/
>Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194

OTHER LINKS:
/shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

>When I ask how Chinese players feel about arcade emulation, he tells me serious score hunters won't accept MAME as an option.

gus plis strim

the dangun feveron port is bretty gud my dudes

Cool, was just about to make the thread but someone got to it.

What are you playing today/night, /shmupg/? I'm porking.

They even managed to make an arrange that I like.

haven't fucked with anything other than arcade mode yet but i'll check it out, kinda suffering from vidya overload at the moment sadly (actually it's not sad at all it's fucking rad as shit)

>kinda suffering from vidya overload at the moment sadly
iktf. Nier, Persona 5, Nioh, Dangun, Battle Garegga all coming out so close to each other, and I want to play them all. And that's not even including the stuff for the consoles I just got back from storage.

Icarus pls, how about get some taste?

how about go full darius? all games,all ports

Beat Nioh a couple of weeks after release, still need to go back and beat 9S playthrough on Nier but it's so fucking boring (even though I'm told subsequent playthroughs get much better), need to finish DOOM 2016, been playing Quake Champions beta, Rising Storm 2 just came out today, Tekken 7 comes out on June 1, been playing the Midair alpha, just bought Vanquish PC port...

And on top of all that of course Garegga/Dangun ports, and I had been playing Raiden IV a good bit before this recent wave of vidya, and now Raiden V is coming out this summer.

And piling on even more, Path of Exile is having acts 5-10 added sometime this summer. This is gonna be the best year of vidya since the early 2000s it seems.

>he wasted money on a PS4 to play 20 year old games

>he didn't already own a PS4 for bloodborne

poverty is sad

>Nier
generic platinum action game #9001, now with pantsu!

>Persona 5,
waifufag otakushit, why do people still play jrpg's?

>Nioh
yet another souls cash-in, guess that's gonna be the jap equivalent of CoD

new games are so rubbish and unimaginative these days

>I don't like anything and you shouldn't either

Shame having money doesn't also give you good taste.

Owning a Sony product is more shameful than being poor.

>kinda suffering from vidya overload at the moment sadly
opposite for me. no cave games announced. why even play games?

bloodborne was great, what the fuck are you on about?

>UPCOMING RELEASES:
castle shikigami, raiden v, ????

>have more than enough money in bank account to buy a PS4 and several new games
>don't, because PS4 has nothing worth buying

Rather expand my PCB collection than waste time with consolefag garbage.

>Miyakazi games
>good
lmfao

bloodborne and nioh are great

and of course the garegga and dangun feveron ports are phenomenal. sounds to me like you're just not very dedicated to this video game hobby my man

op is retarded cavedrone

>tfw throw away PB at literally the last second

i'm watching gunbird stg weekly on youtube my dudes.

Some combination of GTA San Andreas, Fire Emblem Echoes, and Fire Emblem Heroes, while the need to practice Deathsmiles and Puyo Puyo Tetris nag in the back of my mind.

Once I reach 100% in San Andreas I'll probably start playing Deathsmiles again

Noted for next time.

too bad posting chrono trigger proves you have shit pleb taste my man

a-also th16

>old ass games
could this genre be more dead

Bahmpu~

how people get 1cc everyday

1cc collecting is ez

bananahaddock streamin butt traverse

tv/bananamatic

>2hufag
>reddit-spacing
Like pottery.

Fuck off back to /r/touhou, you degenerate niggers.

seems i need come back to this game for shitty normal clear

>a shitty person plays a shitty game
Coincidence? I think not.

>complaining about games being unimaginative while playing shmups
They're all the same game with different math mini games

Could say the same about literally any other genre.
FPS? All CoD or Battlefield clones. RPGs? All Final Fantasies, or Skyrims. Adventure? Nothing but Zelda. Etc...

impossibru tlb desu

Yeah, but hey tell that to the other guy. I don't shit on games for being "unimaginative".

Well, he is not wrong. Many shmups were produced when vidya was still very new and original shit came out left and right.

Nowadays it's really different, especially when so much money is involved as with modern aaa games.

Doesn't matter unless he exclusively plays 80's shmups. Something like Nioh does as much to distinguish itself from Souls as any given shmup does to distinguish itself from the competition.

80s shmups are so simple theyre sleep inducing

Still more exciting than Zelda clones, simply because they have more exciting gameplay.

Kinda odd that the only things similar between Nioh and Dark Souls are "you drop your currency when you die" and "is a Japan-developed action-rpg", yet dumbfucks who know nothing keep comparing them.

If someone was to compare it to anything else, Nioh is "slower Ninja Gaiden with RPG stats"

Oh, and it's relatively difficult, but Dark Souls didn't invent difficult video games.

Nioh is obviously much more similar to Bloodborne, than Ninja Gaiden. If anything Nier is the Ninja Gaiden clone here.

>Dark Souls
>difficult
L.O.L.

I would prefer to think of it as a spiritual successor to Onimusha I would love an HD collection of that series honestly.

But Onimusha was just weeb-themed Resident Evil though.

It's the closest thing we've gotten to a new onimusha feeling game in decades. Let me have this, user. Let me find some peace of mind

Thread on /vr/ just got closed.

Not that it was really a good thread, but still a shame.

>80s shmups are so simple theyre sleep inducing

Get a load of this nu-gamer.

t. people who have never played ninja gaiden

Nope, not ever. And because I apparently haven't played Ninja Gaiden, that definitely means I didn't beat Black and NG2 on Master difficulty.

You're so smart user, you saw right through my cunning ruse.

then why are you comparing it to games where the only similarity is having 3rd person melee combat

who's hyped for the next assassin's creed? looks just like ninja gaiden

t. person who only judges games by its graphics

>assassin's creed
>ninja gaiden clone
It's a stealth game. If anything it's inspired by Tenchu

>then why are you comparing it to games where the only similarity is having 3rd person melee combat
Weird, I thought Ninja Gaiden had mission-based progression, intricate and combo-driven combat based around what weapon you're using, combos that expand as you progress through the game, and blocking that negates all but the heaviest hitting attacks. Guess I was wrong.

getting your ass rekt put you to sleep uh

nioh, nier, bloodborne don't have intricate combat and the rest of these comparisons are so broad they can be applied to countless games

Shmups, you retards. Talk about shmups.

twitch tv/gunnerstg is playing Mars Matrix.

>nioh doesn't have intricate combat

I see you haven't played it. That's handy to know.

i see you haven't played a game with intricate combat if you think nioh fits the bill LMAO

That's true, I guess a game built to reward you for timing switches between different styles and weapons or timing blocks perfectly to counter-attack isn't very intricate. That explains why people say DMC3 and 4 are casualized compared to DMC1.

We've discussed all the interesting shmups to death, and nothing new or good is coming out, so...

nioh is simple as fuck mate. it's one step above dark souls which is as simple as it gets.

>I can't come up with any more arguments, so I'll just restate my thesis.
gg senpai, really convincing me right now.

wow this game has parries and style switching, so complex, so deep, it's the new dmc. never mind the small pool of slow and stupid enemies that start putting you to sleep half way through the game. who needs fun things to fight when you can dodge cancel your attacks. shit's sick.

>if I keep saying it isn't complex, eventually it will be true
lol

>if i keep saying simple games are complex, eventually it will be true
rofl

Sweet comeback, shame that it's just a rehash the only argument you've already made.

Anyway I'm done. Thanks for the laffs and all, but you're not even trying anymore.

it's nice of you to concede you were looking a wee bit foolish my man

You're both retarded. Post some fucking shmups.

I'm thinking of getting the Raiden Fighters collection on 360. How good are those ports?

raiden is shit
play ninja gaiden

You're cancer.

They're pretty good. Miles better than the ports on GoG and Steam anyway.

go back to grinding for epic loot in your super deep and complex nioh boy

That's not even me you daft, rancid cunt.

oh so youre the daft cunt asking about raiden port which everyone with half a brain knows has known is good for 10 years
try using google next time newfag

and stop samefagging to try and change topics

>shmup players
rofl

Best thread yet, guys! Keep it up!

>samefagging
Cancer, and stupid to boot.

agreed
there's no need to be upset my friend

Memeing aside, is anyone here actually interested in Shikigami? I can legitimately say I really want to play it and give Raiden V a chance. Also I never had a Xbox and from what I keep seeing there are a lot of shmups on the system(s).

stop posting /jp/ shit faget

Where did the 2hu touch you, user?

pc memester race keeps begging for xbox ports after all

not excited for shikigami or raiden v in the slightest. 2017 is one dry fucking year for shmup """"""""releases""""""

every year since 2012 has been dry for shmup """"""""""""""""""""releases""""""""""""""" unless you guzzle poojin diarrhea
welcome to dead genre

better dead than casualised

Yeah, you should have killed yourself long ago, now it's too late.

bitch you nuts? shmups made me a hardcore superhuman a man of iron will.

>is anyone here actually interested in Shikigami?
No because i played it a bunch years ago, degica seem to be attached to this stupid idea of releasing the first one to pave the way for the sequels but in reality people just want the best game so they should of released 2 or 3.

there are loads of casual shmups
desu, anything but dodonpoopy doj and cucksui 2alls are easy

casual doesn't mean easy. casual is just that, casual. there is no penalty for loosing, you can pick up and play a casualy game any time, you don't need to restart level 1 over and over etc.
for example vast majority of f2p mobile games are casual, yet most of them get really hard after some point, to force you into paying.
>desu, anything but dodonpoopy doj and cucksui 2alls are easy
yeah okay tough guy, post your psikyo, early cave and seibu 2-alls then.
>there are loads of casual shmups
an actually casual shmup would be one like jamestown where you have a campaign mode or whatever it's called, where you aren't thrown back at the start upon loosing, but only have to restart a mission. luckily most recent shmups still function on an old arcade design to my knowledge.