Don't know much about Lexus' but want to into them

Don't know much about Lexus' but want to into them

which ones are the best ones or classic ones?

are modern ones worth while?

is there a station wagon Lexus?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X1vZenBX4-0
youtube.com/watch?v=jI0Uib3tmkY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Modern ones maintain the same level of quality and refinement as the older ones, you can't go wrong with either.

2nd gen is350 is nice for comfy power and great sound with the f sport exhaust

Older ls400s with straight pipes are criminally underrated

Sc300s and is300s used to be cool for cheap drifting but they're too well known now and people are even turning the autos into fucked up vapemobiles

>classic Lexus

Does Lexus even have classics? The closest Lexus comes to a classic is pic related.

They're all pretty good, I don't know anything about the SUVs but the IS and ES cars are really good. It's basically a luxury off-shoot of Toyota so it still maintains the quality (for the most part) that Toyota was known for. The old 90s ES300 were really good cars.

Classique Lexus coming thru.

>classic Lexus

the company has existed for less than 30 years. the only cars eligible to be classics are the LS 400, first-gen ES, and first-gen SC if you go by the 25 year rule. Of those, only the LS 400 was historically impactful. Maybe the SC since it pretty much embodied the '90s sportscar styling that would rule for most of the decade.

the gas mileage on most of the old ones isn't that good right?

i mean it's a relatively large 20 year old car with a straight six or v8 and rwd it's good for what it is

They are gussied up Toyota with pseudo-luxury and Lexus tax. Quite good.

There is an interesting part about Lexus. LS and LC use the Prius platform. Pretty cool.

import one of these

my attainable dream car

>are modern ones worth while?

nah

Looks basically exactly like a camry. What makes it better than a camry?

Indestructible v8 and RWD

worst mpg and pricey repair

It's a modular platform first utilized to create the current Prius. The RWD LS is not based off the FWD Prius.

>mpg
Not a luxury car buyer then
>pricey repair
You take that back. It's just a Camry, right?

>modular platform
Sounds like other manufacturers do.
>LS is not based off the FWD Prius
They do have the same parts. Parts sharing program FTW.

>Not a luxury car buyer then
then, bad deal for OP
>You take that back. It's just a Camry, right?
You are saying that the first LS is based off Camry?

If you're worried about "pricey repairs" then get a Civic and be done with it

is the 2006 lexus Is 220d any good lads

The Lexus IS F was sexy and fast

The Audi A8 is front-wheel drive and none of its competitors are.

Get over it VAGfag.

>then, bad deal for op
Since he is poor, yes.
>You are saying that the first LS...
I am saying repairs aren't "pricey" as was implied.

LS400 was the successor to the toyota Cressida

???

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell... I'd say it was more about Toyota wanting to make an even more luxurious vehicle. Therefore they made the Toyota Celsior (JDM name)/Lexus LS400 (export name) and it became the Toyota flagship (debatable when you take the Crown into account)

The Cressida/Mark II wasn't discontinued until 2007

W R O N G

The Toyota Crown was the basis for the last couple generations of the Lexus GS wasn't it? The Toyota Century is the real flagship.

>old, tired, pointless meme
>FWD A8 is not available in US while Cadillac offers the FWD large sedan

meh

That I wouldn't really know much about
And how the hell did I just forget that the Century existed...

>thinks anyone here cares about Niggerlac

Try again VAGfag.

youtube.com/watch?v=X1vZenBX4-0

IS300 SportCross

The CT6 exists

yeah, the sales of XTS are better than CT6.

01 is300 fag reporting in

I hear toyota is coming out with a supra soon. Dont convert yet

>the gas mileage on most of the old ones isn't that good right?

No. They were okay at the time, but compared to modern cars they aren't that great -- bad even.

daily reminder there's nothing wrong with this at all and it's actually smart

No no, you should see the ES250.
It literally is a 1990 Camry with tiny exterior touches.
The LS was an all new platform.

The whole point of a 'luxury' car is that is it comfy.
Why would anyone give even the tiniest shit about which wheels are being driven? You're not going to drive it like it makes a difference because COMFY.

I agree. It is a very good business decision. I don't mind spending 100K+ super glorified Prius that looking nice and comfy.

>it is ok for Toyota to do it
>it is not ok for VW to do it.
why?

I just want a new Lexus that doesn't have that ugly as shit plastic grid across the entire front.

>Indestructible v8
youtube.com/watch?v=jI0Uib3tmkY

People subscribe for this trash?

This video triggers Lexus/toyota fangirls.

Because some ignorant, jealous guys in Veeky Forums hate VAG with a passion. So there.

VAG is good as others. Buy a car you feel is right for you.

>best ones
They're all pretty good - remember that they don't make sports cars, only grand tourers which is what a lot of car reviewers seem to misunderstand. They're reliable and hold value better than their competitors.
>modern ones worth while?
yes
>station wagon
pic related - 1999 IS300 with the beloved 2jz. If you want to buy OP, be careful of riced out POS.

I would argue the LFA is an "instant classic"

These. Soarer meets the very definition of classic.

These things are ridiculously good looking in person. They look like shit in photos though

I want one of these with a 1UZ

Toyota's not "doing" anything other than sharing similar components.

They aren't, for instance, using a front-wheel drive economy car for the basis of their rear-wheel drive flagship, like Audi does.

Everyone in here pretending that it is the same thing is a samefagging VAG apologist and is to be ignored.

Pic attached
Not true, the older ones will sometimes have rattles and other noises, the newer ones are less squeaky

yes if youre in a country that allows them

'00 LS400 owner reporting for duty.

I've had this car a few years now and now that the 'new to me' has worn off, I'll give you a rundown.

Pros:
nice styling that has aged well and even gets the occasional compliment
relatively ok mileage for a v8 luxury car
powerful enough
excellent build quality
reliable as fuck
lots of room
very smooth ride, especially with softer tires than stock

Cons:
other than ride quality and leather, it's pretty basic by modern standards.
Although the power is adequate, 290 horses in a 3800 lb car isn't something that is exciting. The LS 400 is a highway cruiser that really shines at 2500 rpm, but don't expect it to be 'sporty'. Like, at all.
At this point, if you are seen in one, few will mistake you for having money, since the roads are full of illegal immigrants daily driving beat up LS 400's all day long. On the flip side, poor beaners love dead nuts reliable cars, so take that as an endorsement of sorts.

If I had to do it over again, I'd probably hunt down a minty 2004 GS430.

All in all, the experience has really increased my desire for luxury and power. I look at S-class AMG's and want.
>but that reliability though
If only MB didn't make 1 owner and done garbage.

>muh fwd
I don't care if A8 is based golf, but it is faster than Prius platform aka LC.
The whole point of a 'luxury' car is that is it comfy. See >Everyone in here pretending that it is the same thing is a samefagging VAG apologist and is to be ignored.
You are one speaking, a samefagging VAGhater, which needs to be ignored.

Yes.

I dunno OP. If you can score an LS400 that's been treated nicely, you'll have a mad comfy cruiser. I like my 2jz; while its not fast by modern standards it is really smooth.

for some odd reason, Lexus' don't hold their value. you can get a 5-6 year old ES350 for pretty much the same price as a 5-6 year old Camry because the ES350 is a Camry with leather seats, but that is not a bad thing.

Literally nobody cares about your fwd/haldex cuckbox.

sperg more

I will. Its my thread nao.

IS-F owner reporting in. 5.0 V8 and lexus quality makes for the best time.

>I will. Its my thread nao.
Literally nobody cares about your cuckbox.

The entire thread was started for my cuckbox.
How about go have your meltdown in a VAGe thread where FWD is more accepted?

2007 IS 350 reporting in :-)

I've added F-Sport intake, exhaust, and sway bars.

Very quick car, nice place to be, but just doesn't feel very sporty to drive. Too much body roll, lame steering feel, and no real driver involvement from the auto transmission. If I could do it all over again, I'd probably just settle for a G37 sedan w/ manual.

It's annoying to me that the only affordable IS-F's at the moment are pre-2011. Otherwise, I would consider upgrading from my 350.

AHAHAHAHA LOOK AT THAT TINY STICK ara ara ara