The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated a bunch of threads ago!
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist!
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Modlist Steam Collection - Contains 99% of the mods in the modlist:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756115171

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN
Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Mandatory video of the week:
youtube.com/watch?v=nZhLwjRbWqU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EMw_78LOEf8
youtube.com/watch?v=eKhnRrRtORA
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=623425061
youtu.be/uq-2s87RhHY
youtube.com/watch?v=kDw3kVhnCDA
youtube.com/watch?v=yKvGDn4lLJQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

does anyone have this memetext mod for xcom 2?

first for xeno-lesbian threesomes

3rd for David Parker Ray voicepack when?

ITS A FUCKING RENDEVOUZ MISSION WHERE IT TURNS OUT HALF OF MY HAVEN IS FACELESS.

Its so fun fighting 4 faceless, 6 advents + drone with some fucking sandnigger rookies in India who don't seem able to hit 70-80% hit shots.

Fuck, I will never put in anything else but a technical as liaison, other classes just can't aoe as well.

I use rangers, the sawn off is too useful to pass up

True, sawn off sounds good too but you only got 2 shots.

Technical squaddies get 2 flamethrowers (which give panic only one level away) and a rocket.

That's what pump action is for

Swords are Useful.

>needing any voicepack other than this
youtube.com/watch?v=EMw_78LOEf8

R8 M8 SQQQQ

How do I deactivate console commands?

enter them again

Thanks man

I'd like to know this too

Just a quick clip I made, nothing special

youtube.com/watch?v=eKhnRrRtORA

>mfw i get the Avenger Defense mission really early in the game
Should I feel bad for using this mission to farm promotions? It's easy as fuck to overwatch cheese the reinforcements and I have a sneaking suspicion the AI is using babbymode parameters because they're trying to get onto the ramp as well as dealing with all your troops, but I kinda feel like if these ayylmao faggots don't want to get spawncamped they shouldn't have fucked with earth.

absolutely not

keep in mind you cannot get more than one rankup per soldier per mission without mods

DOOM weapons fucking when?!

Pistols are useful.

Muh immersion

better yet, anyone has a compillation of it?

also, how do i make firefox not assrape images i save?

Going into my second XC2 playthrough on ironman, raiding a landed UFO. I hadn't encountered any of these missions in my first run so this is all new to me, any advice regarding the map layout or what to expect?

Bring a scanner to use before entering the UFO. I lost soldiers on those missions because all three pods were inside and in sight of the door and I wasn't prepared for that.

Assaults and grenadiers are kings here. Flashbangs and smoke grenades are better than ever inside a UFO.

Most enemies will be outside the UFO, and it's kind of like a reimagined scout on the inside.

They look really cool, which makes their scarcity a real shame.

this one?
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=623425061

Sectopods can spawn on those missions and will probably destroy the power sources by walking into them.

Shitty enemy design.

So how do I get an officer corpse in long war 2? do I just need to focus on those raid missions that ensure i get corpses and hope for the best?

sectopods can't enter the UFO if I'm not mistaken

surely you have something better to do than post the same shit over and over

the best place to get one is gatecrasher, but you can get them in any mission where you can acquire enemy materiel without extraction. keep in mind that explosives destroy corpses

well intel missions I guess, I never actually did any since I don't really care about intel just yet....

Forgot my image

Awful enemy design.

Did that user with the huge roster post his Character pool?

Wait how the hell does boost infiltration work?

You can pay intel to boost the infiltration rate by a multiplicative amount. On Commander it's 25 intel for a 50% boost.

The bonus is retroactive, so you can boost something at any point prior to launching the mission.

Why isn't it a flat +75%? Damn it.

Remind me to thank Shen for the armor

They can via smashing through walls.

Because that would be effectively a 400% boost assuming you target 100% infil.

Good, make it cost more intel or something, some of these infiltration missions give me like 6 hours and are impossible to complete, unless I had far better tech or something

Not every mission your resistance network and avenger scans will be detected in time to reasonably execute. Putting more haven staff on intel or parking the avenger in a particular region will help, but there will always be missions that either generate with short timers or are detected late.

>HUMAN
>WANNA PLAY FUTBOL?

unfortunately that's not it

so I haven't played xcom2 since a few months after release

how is long war 2?

I concur

Markedly improved imo, stealth bs is gone forever

you mean these?

They didn't release them. But you can find the mods for it pretty easy

The colors are nice so I give it a pass.

photoshop jakes face on the inside of the visor

your wish is my command

your wish is my command
i fucked up the first try

does battlefield medicine apply to gremlin heals?

disgusting.

disgusting?

This is why I like it here

i like how this one keeps the proportion of the face and the head

dead general

then promote another officer

look that guy didn't die from AIDS

38 ayylmaos dead, trying to chase down my crew.
COUNT'EM 30 FUCKING 8. And not a single death.

Fucking 2 berserkers, 6+ vipers, 6 Mutons and countless Mall Ninjas, and I just got Mag weapons and only base armor HOLY SHIT THAT WAS TERRIBLE. I'll take the extra armor of Ayylmaos rather than having to deal with this nonsense FUCK

WHY CAN'T HE HACK THIS DOOR?

AND NOW HE SUDDENLY CAN! BUT MOVING HIM THERE BLOCKED THEIR EXIT FOR SOME REASON EVEN THOUGH YOU CAN MOVE THROUGH YOUR ALLIES ALL THE OTHER TIMES

agreed

AYAYAYAYAYAAAA

A+

All my sides have left the council

Does anyone else even play LW1 anymore

Keep that crap off my pistolfu you fucking degenerate.

Anyone with taste does.

it was awsome.

Sorry for going slightly on a bend, but does anyone have the XCOM: Enemy Within female mech-suit pilot pictures saved - the ones done by Aka6, I think? I've been looking everywhere but I can't find them.

youtu.be/uq-2s87RhHY

I'm not dead. I haven't been by in a while but I'm kinda busy. Anyway here's more ironman impossible ballistics only.

[egyptian hip hop blasts from speakers]

Hey, I've been waiting for this. Good work, the ayy counter was kinda cheesy but whatever floats your boat.

I played it to death. Still like both, but I have to come back later.

Playing it again now. XCOM2 has run it's course after 150 hours and enjoying LW1 all over again since I missed genemods, mecs, vahlen and killing screaming sectoids.

Getting real tired of your shit XCOM

>not like extended pistolfus

I'm getting a wierd crash with XCOM final mod pack.
Whenever an explosive is fired from a launcher of any kind, the game crashes. It's quite stable aside from this, but for obvious reasons it makes any progress nigh-impossible beyond a certain point.

Does anyone have any suggestions what this could be? As mentioned before, it's when any launcher weapon is used, but there's no log dump. I have an idea based on the rough point it occurs that it has something to do with the small launcher though.

Go to the FMP thread on the openxcom forum. See if you can get someones help there. Often they will ask you to attach your save file so they can take a look at your game. I don't know how active the FMP guys are, but I've done this for PirateZ and the X-COM Files.

New to the XCOM series. Picked up 2 for the xbone and I am having fun with it although even on rookie difficulty I am having trouble losing squad mates. Any beginner tips? It's making me feel retarded struggling on the easiest difficulty.

Ello again /xcg/, seeing as my first episode of my Xcom Files playthrough (the mod for OpenXcom went down well (or at least, no one called me a shill or abused me for it) I'm going to link the second episode and see if any anons are interested.

youtube.com/watch?v=kDw3kVhnCDA

There are 3 more episodes up at the moment (not including the start of the series) and it lends itself well to short episodes due to the monster of the week formula.

Everytime I try to set the replay to autoplay it crashes, does anyone have ideas why this happens?

SAVESCUMMERS GET OUT REEEEE

Were you the user who was previously image-logging his progress through it when you discovered it for the first time?

Because that was good shit.

>Picked up 2 for the xbone
Why would you do such a thing, it's only good on PC because you can install Long War 2 after beating the campaign, not to mention it will control significantly slower due to not having a mouse.

unless the consoles got mod support?

Nah that was me

>Game: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
kek

youtube.com/watch?v=yKvGDn4lLJQ

no good PC at uni and I wanted to try a strat game since it's been ages

>Game: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
>kek

Shit, just noticed that - fixed.

Also, replying to you - you are the user who made me DL the Xcom Files, so the circle is complete at last.