/tfg/ - Titanfall General

Cultured Guffaw Edition

>Lore, lewds & more
tfgeneral.com

>/tfg/-created Helpful Videos, Tutorials & Mods
pastebin.com/7U6BiSkn
syampuuh.github.io/mods (currently outdated)

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral

>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/445674/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' will bring it up in game for PS4; for PC, you have to join using the link, and for XBone, you need to request entry in the thread first.

>PSN Community
Search PSN community for "Titanfall General", request membership, and state you are from the thread. It helps us add you to our friends lists, and that makes stacking easier.

>News
Monarch's Reign Patch Notes: forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/12530/monarchs-reign-the-patch-notes
FNN 15: respawn.com/frontier-news-network-05-23-2017-monarch-reigns
Monarch's Reign Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=rMeaxj8k_3U

>Titanfall Spinoffs/Side Projects
pastebin.com/5YngGgjd

>Doomed Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13076839
forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/12003/a-glitch-in-the-frontier-the-patch-notes
forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/12003/a-glitch-in-the-frontier-the-patch-notes/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for fuck this shit game

first for best girl

I'll just wait for tomorrow for things to calm down.

>didnt make first post
more like slowne lmao

>no rip scorch edition

Pay respect to the dead.

get fucked your waifushit is nothing compared to my salt

>Ion with phase running Grand Cannon

Your waifu sucks, user. She is the meta that must be destroyed.

Having mained Scorch since day one I'm sad to see him go, but now I can focus on Northstar and leave his Monarch fodder booty behind.

she was the easiest boss in the game lmao

To the user that asked about the energy syphon kit to friendly titans, all it does is give the boost to them when you hit them, not to you, hence my comment about it really being a "hide behind cover and support another titan with shields until enemy is dead or another titan appears, than back up" comment.

The main issue is folks not realizing what you are doing and either actively dodging you or the tick rate facking with you and you still miss. I can see why someone might go for the aoe boost just to be able to hit a friendly (said kit does not give shields to multiple friendlies).

I'm the kind of player that does not mind support, but when you miss the shield shot, rearm, try again, and the friend titan still dodges, you kinda want to give up.

I feel like support monarch is best suited for a full group with mics or of course clans that know if someone is likely to play support monarch. With pubs it is too much of a miss.

the good news is that monarch will really highlight scorch's flaws and respawn will buff / rework him

Really? I actually wrecked robo-boobs in a few seconds somehow.

Not that user, but thanks for the info.

Important

strawpoll.me/13076839

xth for patch notes and spoilers, wish i'd been faster so we got this in the op, but can't win em all

Am user, thanks for info, I gotta try the Energy transfer (gift shields) + Energy field (aoe) combination and see how it plays out.

if its that bad then itll get balanced in the future. only problem is how long is it gonna take respawn to do it?
gettin real tired of having to wait months for simple balance updates; free or not its kinda shitty to the player base when an item or something is really broken for so long.

Northstar and Ronin are Monarch's hard counters.

The chaingun loses considerable accuracy at range and Northstar can just peek or dash backwards and pepper Monarch with brutal damage with minor risk.

Ronin's dps shits all over Monarch; if he trades shotgun with you while dashing sideways Monarch will do fuck all damage and take masses in return. Shooting Ronin while he swordblocks does absolutely no damage and leaves you open with your sizable reload (even with your second core upgrade) for him to shoot you to pieces. I have no idea what you're actually supposed to do to counter a good Ronin because he'll just outdamage you.
If you refuse to shoot while he blocks there's nothing either of you can do, and his thunderbolt will charge while you do this or he can get backup from a pilot or enemy titan ensuring your death. Fuck Ronin for countering Scorch and this new asshole, I hate this game

canĀ“t wait for the first Monarch waifu design fufufu

thanks for the titan brawl stack, was fun

almost gen3 now with momarch

>Lots of new code added to the item/inventory system to complement that, allowing for a separate pool of unlocks and loadouts for FD.
>FD leveling system

they're really going all out for that, aren't they

>amped wingman nerf
For what purpose.

reddit in the pc network

I'm honestly more concerned about
>[HDST] Harambew Drop Shock Troopers

>flatline nerfed that hard
meanwhile, in R97 town

MONARCH NERF WHEN?! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Thanks for the stack on PS4 Bros

Sorry about you getting dropped Imperial.

As a whole, and this is after a few hours mind you, Monarch seems pretty balanced and by no means over the top. The first X0-16 upgrade needs to change but otherwise she seems to be a nice splash instead of a tidal wave when it comes to the game's meta. But as this patch settles in I could be totally wrong.

MONARCH LEWDS WHEN?

>last thread filled up entirely in basically a day
wew

once we get an actual design of her

>R-97 still does more Very far damage than R201/101
>Flatline is a 4 shot but Alternator gets to stay a 3 shot
>Devotion goes from very very close to balanced to garbagecan tier
>only thing the OG wingman had over the Elite is gone
>Ion basically untouched

Respawn fucking PLEASE

>LOWER ttk setting
For what purpose? It annoys me enough that shitscans kill in 2-4 shots. Give me a higher ttk so that slows suffer harder and aren't rewarded for sitting behind an A-Wall in a corner.

You're retarded.

Literally every titan struggles against her. It's a god damn nightmare.

Try playing something other than Monarch and try to survive.

Y-yeah...

>I have no idea what you're actually supposed to do to counter a good Ronin because he'll just outdamage you.
from range with a northstar. ronin cannot block railgun shots, they do full damage every time no matter what. gotta be smart with trap placement though, since ronin is more agile than northstar.
i think the trick is to get the ronin to pop his phase dash on a tether trap. itll free him from the trap and place phase dash on cd, giving you a chance to get out of shotgun range and do damage

>Carbine goes from 10 shot kill to 9 shot kill at long range
THIS is what conslows were complaining about
>WAAAH! WHY ARE THEY BUFFING IT! IT'S BROKEN ALREADY!

im talking about being monarch you dork

>thought Respawn would make the game more balanced with this patch
>they made it worse

>Flatline nerfed from 3-5 shot to 4-7 shot
>Volt can now 4-shot at close quarters (3-shot when amped)
>Devotion nerfed from 3-4 shot to 4-7 shot
>Suppressor damage buffed on nearly all pistols
Eh, I'll take it.

>Frontier Defense implied to have its own progression separate from multiplayer
Huh.

I've been playing Northstar, Scorch, and Legion. Aside from getting wrecked as Scorch, Northstar and Legion have been doing well. Monarch can't hit shit at range or chase Northstar effectively and Legion bullies Monarch from afar and up close. I've seen plenty of Ronins obliterate Monarch like user above noted.

>Devotion goes from very very close to balanced to garbagecan tier
The forum patch notes said that Devotion should only be able to match a Spitfire now when it's up to speed.

oh my bad.

You must be playing against miserable Monarchs.

Legion does alright but gets fucking slammed by Monarchs mobility+ damage output and shields. Northstar only does okay because Northstar's job is taking potshots.

Stoic Red?

i probably shouldn't have pushed this until i actually went through the new textures, oops.
here's what i'm guessing is the "arc trap" and definitely the harvester. these seem to both be boost icons, probably frontier defense's burn card store. deploy an arc trap, restore the harvester's shields immediately respectively i suppose.
next, another boost icon, probably for the "nuke titan" boost i found last patch. not a clue what it'll do specifically, though.
lastly, a new icon that i can't quite pin down. it looks like it could be the icon for the holo execution, judging from its format and styling.

Yup, I thought the same thing.

As close as we're gunna get, and it does its job well

i probably shouldn't have pushed this until i actually went through the new textures, oops.
here's what i'm guessing is the "arc trap" and definitely the harvester. these seem to both be boost icons, probably frontier defense's burn card store. deploy an arc trap, restore the harvester's shields immediately respectively i suppose.
next, another boost icon, probably for the "nuke titan" boost i found last patch. not a clue what it'll do specifically, though.
lastly, a new icon that i can't quite pin down. it looks like it could be the icon for the holo execution, judging from its format and styling.

Xbone stack still up, get in here.

DO NOT ALLOW MONARCH APOLOGISM TO AFFECT THE MINDSET OF THE THREAD AT LARGE.

MONARCH IS AWFUL.

>ronin cannot block railgun shots, they do full damage every time no matter what.
This hasn't been true for nearly a month.

>ronin cannot block railgun shots, they do full damage every time no matter what.
what the fuck are you talking about, this """bug""" was fixed like 2 patches ago

>lastly, a new icon that i can't quite pin down. it looks like it could be the icon for the holo execution, judging from its format and styling.
user...

are there any new map loadscreens?

also will you be uploading the new texture files? I wanna download the new banners if possible.

can someone add me to the xbox group? I play on my brother's account, it's sir bite58
i dunno his ea account so i can't request entry from the thread pls help

That last icon is the current icon for the Cloak execution breh

I do feel like arc round should have been 2nd or third tier, with some other gun skill put in 1st slot instead.

Honestly, at best most people can hope to get to lv2 atm. Makes determining lv3 upgrades a chore.

typos if you didn't fix them already:
>Devotion damage change is backwards
>RE-45 suppressed damage is backwards
>Laser Core total damage and DPS are misplaced

That shadow Wingman nerf hurts. Also would be nice to see NPC Archers being an actual threat to Titans again, although not sure how that works out with no shield regen.

its not a bug and its been this way since day 1, and is still like this right now. go ingame and try it out for yourself if you dont believe it.

Test with a friend in a private match.

Send me an invite. BiskeksBiskeks[/spoiler[

man what the fuck
i need to set myself up an imagemagick script to compare these gpu dumps automatically or something, this has happened like 3 times now

Legion and Ion both fuck Monarch hard thanks to her lack of defensive options. Try getting good at the game instead of kneejerk whining about the new Titan.

when a tfg stack gets btfo in titan brawl

that got me good

thanks for cheering me up user, I was pretty bummed about the new shit

>NPCs will be able to carry and lock-on with Archers.
looks like battery boost is gonna be required for playing stryder chasis in attrition/BH now. unless the npc archer does less damage, hopefully.

Arc Rounds should be switched with Rearm and Reload

You retaded, lad?
forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/12003/a-glitch-in-the-frontier-the-patch-notes

this is probably only for frontier defence dork

the relevant point being
>Fixed a bug with Sword Block not always blocking the intended amount of incoming damage

it has been fixed for a month, conslow. stop posting old webms, unless it's mystically managed to break again. everyone here will tell you the same.

forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/12003/a-glitch-in-the-frontier-the-patch-notes/

>Ronin
>Fixed a bug with Sword Block not always blocking the intended amount of incoming damage

go and re-record that webm in-game right now, I'll wait

maybe you should actually keep up with the game instead of spouting horseshit and making yourself look like a moron

i think i just switched the format i was typing them in midway because i took a break to play, fixing and thanks
laser core damage is correct though

I thought it was supposed to out-perform the Spitfire when fully spun up. If it only matches it, then why even bother.

get me in M3G4DEUS

I got to tier 3 upgrades in my second match with Monarch, though it was right at the end. Realistically, it's more or less impossible to get tier 3 at a point where it'll make a difference unless it's on your first titan in the match.

But yeah, if you're talking about the problem being one of dying too fast, you need to play more like a mid range Northstar than anything. Your abilities give you shield regen, so in a 1v1 you want to get shields, launch rockets, duck back into cover to rearm, then repeat. Run away if things look bad.

this says nothing about ronin being able to block the railgun, just "Fixed a bug with Sword Block not always blocking the intended amount of incoming damage"
its not my webm but i will make one if 2 other people want to help

nevermind, I forgot how Laser Core's damage is calculated, my bad xD

and guess what that damage is referring to, smart guy.

you EU or US?

I'll happy join to prove you wrong if you're yuro

I don't know why you think everyone else in the thread is wrong, I'm gen11 NS and this is definitely not the case anymore. Same applies with legion's long range powershot, that pierced sword block too and that was also a "bug"

Now you're just trying to save face
stop posting lad.

Whats optimal memefire playstyle?

It does 25 damage a shot in close quarters at its' silly spooled up firerate versus the Spitfire's 3 shot kill at 550 RPM. It should be performing better.

I hope you are a samefag rather than 2 separate retards

i dont know because it doesnt say.
US. we can pick a mutual datacenter cant we?

>still using "very far" and "near" instead of just saying long range and close range

when the devotions spun up it still will because the rate of fire is 3x higher.

get on tfg, ask for volunteers

Somebody is still mad

>get 2600 points in bounty hunt
>lose my titan to 3 (three) titans ganking me at the last second
>they all shoot me while i'm in the air
Don't these retards have an evac ship to catch?

that would work if there were only 2 ranges in damage scaling

Okay, this is going to sound crazy, but I think the xo does more damage in a short amount of time than legion. I got btfo despite having more health and smart core on a lv1 monarch that only fired at me.

turbo engine still dominant on monarch, you absolutely cant do shit with one dash and no block.

Hello, darkness my old friend...

well they essentially mean the same thing, one just sounds more polished

what about overcore?

hello?

This is what it will take for them to improve our reload speed or give us multishots.

F