>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Our pastebin (Don't bother reading this right now, it needs an overhaul)
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm

>Dom4 Inspector
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Noob questions answered that you didn't think to ask
web.archive.org/web/20150430021604/http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/core-mp-concepts-that-i-wish-somebody-had-told-me-about/

>Pretender designer
bsielski.github.io/pretenders/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0

>Debugger guide and download
forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36453&highlight=debug

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first; ask for pretender advice in the thread

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing
Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/1/1291817208500439438/
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/1/1291817208505688470/
z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2847
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why would you help out Ragha

played by Malakal

when you have no idea how big they are?

Umm I helped him actually, not the other way.

DSDS3 is over. There was a majority vote 3/5 for the game to be ended. Nations were AIing left and right. No clear winner in sight.

The troop count is cut off at the bottom but it's not really relevant. Marv had 10k boars to make the chart really skewered. (need log transformations up this bitch).

All in all it was fun while it lasted. Then everyone randomly went AI and stopped attacking malakal.

>getting backstabbed by malakal, implying that you were allies with him to begin with
>losing that many troops to a simple thug
>having such a petty war when ragha and xib are huge and I'm maintaining burden of time

You both deserve to die.

Short summary:
Ulm marv ate N9B9 nief. Ctis stalled for 2 turns. Malakal elfed ctis. But Malakal failed his invasion due to 5k troops in Ctis forts. 5 Nations attacked malakal, but wasn't gaining much traction. Eventually everyone got bored and attacked AI Ur and Kailasa. Then we voted for the game to end.

Lots learned and it was fun diplloing.

MA Disciples at 9/12, just one more team's worth and we're good to go!

steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/1/1291817208500439438/

Come on, it's MA without ermor! (probably, since MA ermor is shit in disciples)

Vegetable Warriors 6 is looking for players! Mod nations!

>dying but still dangerous
>offer a peace deal as the war was expensive for Bogarus from what I know about it
>It fails
>Align with Malakal's axis of evil as that's the only hope of survival
>free my capital from siege
>get blamed for Malakal enabling by people who have no idea what's happening

I understand. I understand completely.

>petty war
>trying to survive a genocide against lizard people is petty

where does the new updated peliwyr map live?

Not here, apparently. Not even domg can live.

We reached postcap my dude.

I didn't mean the last thread. I meant this one being new and still sinking to page 10

You ever notice that the thread is dying at the same time people talk about the thread dying?

Maybe talking about it dying is what causes it to die.

We need a LA disciples game so I can test my brand new meme. Someone make it, maybe?

People talk about the thread dying only when it's dying. Don't conflate causality, retard

Alee update!

v1.00
- Nixies and Nixie Nobles now wield bronze spears (do not rust in water)
- Spriggan Enchanters, Pixie Queens, and Grasshopper Knights autocast Twist Fate before the battle start
- Pixie Queens have a retinue of 2d6 pixies
- Grasshopper Knights have a retinue of 1d6 giant grasshoppers
- Pixies, Pixie Archers, and Pixie Nobles now have Sleep Touch (mrnegates 30 stun damage)
- Giant Grasshopper str 13->15
- Grasshopper Rider and Grasshopper Knight's bite attack is not affected by str
- All flying units (pixies, sylphs, sprites) get #siegebonus -1
- Spriggan Warriors, Spriggan Captains, and Spriggan Defenders wield weakly poisoned spears
- Spriggan Berserkers wield weakly poisoned axes

>people talk about the thread dying only (at the same time) it's dying.

Evidence for my hypothesis accumulates.

>getting backstabbed by malakal, implying that you were allies with him to begin with
Never said I was. He knew I had RL issues and was half-assing my turns, collecting artifacts, messing with meme spells and avoiding actual combat in a war that I started 40 turns ago. He knew that I've been psyching myself to actually fight C'tis for 20 turns. He knew that I just wanted to have one more clear fight with him or quit trying. He's one heartless bastard.
>BoT
Lmao who cares, I have like a 100 boots of youth.

I love ichtyids!

I'm autistic and like Lizard men aesthics.
How do C'tis hold up in multiplayer games? Any guides for playing them? I'm still pretty shakey on the fundamentals of the game, but I'm trying some EA C'tis in single player.

how do you play machaka

C'tis soldiers are garbage, you need to outnumber your opponent 2 or 3 to 1 to win. Their chariots are badass and their death magic is baller.

EA C'tis is okay but fairly easy to counter, because it's mostly a gimmick. MA C'tis is close to top-tier but it falls off hard later in the game unless you stop relying on poison/skeletons alone to win battles. LA C'tis is top-tier.

There are lots of guides to playing them. You can find a few on dom3mods.

I hear that C'tis gets stronger as you go through the ages.

Elite Warriors are actually pretty good at fighting, but C'tis doesn't have good buff paths.

are also right

EA and MA C'tis's problem is fairly weak early, strong mid, and then while their opponents get earthquakes and RoS and fog warriors, C'tis doesn't really get stronger until literally way over in conj 9. They aren't strong enough early to snowball off of their midgame magic very easily. MA C'tis's advantage is basically the fact that their marshmasters aren't StR, so they hit their midgame magic faster and get more mages to use it. The fact that their dom is cancerous also makes them more annoying to rush.

LA C'tis, because of its reanimation, basically has built in scaling in that they can dump their d-gems from the getgo into animated hordes, and the d/f crosspath is way better than the d/n one. They still aren't top tier, but they just do more than the other eras of c'tis do.

Join VegetableWarriors6!

Life is life

Could someone please check the pixies in this nation? With sleep touch they make other troops obsolete.
I'm thinking of increasing their resource cost by 3. Is this enough of a nerf? Any other ideas?

Any chance I could get a 24 hour extension? Traveling right now, and might be able to do my turn when I stop for the night. But I would prefer to do it when I have at some sleep, especially considering how someone is throne rushing.

There can be other reasons. For example, Great Enchantress is the most economical way to access Caelian national summons and one astral pearl income on top of that doesn't hurt (an extra Spenta once you can summon them). Of course, Caelum qualifies on awesome early and midgame department and they have extra strong payoff for diversity (complete diversity on good chassis).

Sometimes it looks like I made half of dom4 meme images. And Bob drawfag made the other half.

Who does this reference? Ermor?
Where can I find this lore?

So what scales do you normally take on machaka?

In-game descriptions, although it should be noted that Ermor lore changed from Dom3 to 4 and it's now clearly mentioned the Cataclysm was unleashed because of self-fulfilling prophecy rather than resurrection of Jesus gone wrong (which wasn't explicitly stated in Dom3 fluff but it sounded thematic and plausible and looking back at Dom3 MA/LA Ermor nation descriptions, with MA being an equivalent of Sceleria, nothing appears to contradict the idea).

Well, with E6S3N1 and Dom10, your awake monolith is at only 49 design points. You get 40 more effectively for free by taking H3, so discounting temp you're at +2 scales. Magic 3 makes the most sense to get teleport up asap, but that means making tradeoffs elsewhere. Sloth 2 still allows for elephant expansion, and then from there you basically have to choose between T3L3G1 and hope for good events or O3U2G0 to get more money for guaranteeing that you can afford your heretics.

Dominion 1 to die as fast as possible and save your time for playing actual good nations.

Ys, do your turn.
Sincerely MagusAssistance.

>monodrop Machaka

why

Machaka has recruitable stealthy heretics

They make great fodder. You can cast army of gold on pygmies. Their sacreds are pretty good. They have access to magma bolt artillary. Their archers are dirt cheap. Elephants and Lions at +1 morale each.

Just wish they weren't so squishy.

Whelp posted a turn before bed just to see it was in a position to not stop the throne rush. Good job Niefel, had no hope of stopping you with the lizzards and squids fighting me too. Those turbo giants were some high quality elf killers.

Oh and sorry for being petty and sniping your god R'yleh. Also Lizzards, sorry I never confronted you directly. It was because I didn't think I could win without everything.

Their sacreds aren't bad.

Going dominion 10 with a strong bless isn't a bad idea.

Sure am glad I always go for extra thrones. That bishop fish thing could have totally screwed me over if I was going for only just enough.

You did by far the best out of anyone else that I went up against in terms of army stuff.The earthquake thing to clear my skeletons for your thugs to fly in in particular was really well done.

You actually theoretically could have stopped my rush by trapezing onto my sole unforted 2 point throne if the stuff you magiced in could beat my SC and anti-thug mages that I had moved in to counter that AND up if TC also teleported onto the province that my monolith dropped with magic duelists and enough water bottles or elementals to beat the PD. Anyways, neither happened so I had 2 throne points more than was needed. The province that I was bishop-fishing was the throne R'lyeh took off of you, and my reasoning there was that I could set up enough defenders to beat water elemental spam and given that he had a fair few big fish out of the water and not on his forts, I thought he was going to be the least likely to be able to respond with enough to beat throne defense. Anyways, he and TC didn't even try, so it was totally out of your hands regardless.

Uh, what to say. I really dislike the N9E9 build because Nief's mages are SO GOOD and you really want the gold for them. I was really unhappy with my scales for the entire game and would have had way more magery with an Order 3 N9 monobless build. I was gold capped even early on in the game, and could have taken the same early game war without E9 by just straight up having 30% more giants. My revenant spam with magic scales gave me pretty solid research regardless (I was basically tied for best research throughout the game), but I really do think Nief's a nation that can use great scales.

Can you post graphs please?

Story for this game -

Early game I had the first war when, reaching borders with Machaka, TC, TNN, C'tis, and R'lyeh, I decided to conquer TNN. Had a decent solo war and won it handily, letting me sit on another cap and have enough territory to be comfortable.

TC went in on Berytos around the time my war with TNN was wrapping up and I was considering jumping in on that when I noticed that Helheim was bigger than me. As the giants, I had to be the biggest, so I called up R'lyeh and C'tis and told them that I was going for elf removal round 2. Since I was as open and unsubtle about all of this as I was with my war with TNN, people were happy to help. I made great gains into Helheim, in part because Skrattis and Gygjas are just AWESOME mages annnnnnd in part because it was 3v1. I punched his early armies in the face, and while I lost a few thugs to his counter-thugs (elves beat skratti. Who knew?) I got a bunch of territory and, more importantly, surrounded or bordered enough thrones to win.

I counted up the throne points and went for a rush with 3 points extra, cutting mage production to make sure all my thrones were forted and pulling resources away from Helheim to get ready to hit C'tis to cover my rush, since his throne was the only forted one.

This was another fairly quick win, but I think I was in a position to grow in strength relative to the rest of the game regardless because I had solid research with my revenant spam, great gem income, full diversity, and a growing blood economy. I stopped making Niefel Giants around turn 12 and also made only, like, 3 jarls the entire game to devote more money to skratti and gygja, and feel like if I had an N9 mono with better scales I would have already been full demon and therefore way stronger by that point in the game.

ofc, I'm assembling them now

The fuck is Ys even doing? They don't seem to have much of a presence.

graphs

>another fairly quick win
????

It seems if I actually knew what I was doing I could have put up fight.

You were in a very solid position, yeh. I thought that you were going to teleport your pretender into the sieged throne too, which is why I went through such pains to hide my script and sneak in extra mages.

Hey C'tis, it would be nice if you don't move into 30 so that we don't run into each other.

Post memes

no

Assuming EA: This is what I took in my game.

You want order and magic scales as the majority of your mages you will want to be using on frontlines and in fights. You will want to be recruiting your boudas out of every fort, every turn. Your main mage recruit is going to be doing a lot of fighting and they will get picked off, so you will be recruiting a lot of them.

You need money. 1 point in prod means you can make use of Rhino Clan Warriors more reliably. They are decent frontliners for EA. Misfortune is a go with the order for the points.

I went with air and astral for the diversity that Machaka lacks, and the fetish doesn't get punished by having low astral as he is mindless and lifeless. The 4 nature points means he can cast Mother Oak as soon as he wakes with a thistle mace.

It could be improved if you dropped one of the three magic paths. You could also go for an awake, but I think they expand really well with Elephants anyways.

Machakas sacreds are alright, but nothing to really sing about. I wouldn't take a major bless for them if it meant tanking money and magic diversity scales.

I like the minor air bless, as it lets me churn out bows/crossbows that my voices of lion use. He can also cast fog warriors/antimagic and forge winged boots, which are wonderful for stealthy boudas for pd pickoffs.

Probably should have posted the image. Im sure someone else here thinks this is trash.

>vanir
>not erf snake

>Heat at 2
>Growth at 1
>using paths with no native site searching
>imprisoned dom 5

plz not

I've never seen anyone go ai because of erf snake.

welp

Unless its construction2 and you wanted quills I don't see that being important in any way.

Yeah, giving pixies sleep touch makes them quite strong for a 4g unit. If you want sleep touch, how about a price increase?

Why did you add sleep touch, anyway?

Also, archer pixies should probably be at least a gold more than the standard pixies. They're better in melee as well as getting ranged weapons.

On another note,
> - Grasshopper Knights have a retinue of 1d6 giant grasshoppers
It says 2d6 ingame. Typo, or modding mistake?

> - All flying units (pixies, sylphs, sprites) get #siegebonus -1
This doesn't show up ingame. Is it just hidden, or can you not get negative siegebonus?

I hope you're trolling. Research timing is vital for winning early game wars. One less owl quill won't cost him the game. Delaying an engagement by just 1 turn might.

>If you want sleep touch, how about a price increase?
What price would you suggest? I've already been suggested increasing their resource cost by 3 or 4.

>Why did you add sleep touch, anyway?
I've been told that pixies and spriggans are useless compared to other troops and was suggested giving them some damage that does not depend on their strength. That's why I decided to give them stun damage, and poison damage to the spriggans.

>Also, archer pixies should probably be at least a gold more than the standard pixies. They're better in melee as well as getting ranged weapons.
Yes, that's my stupid mistake. I will decrease their attack from 10 to 7 or 8. Should I still increase the price?

>It says 2d6 ingame. Typo, or modding mistake?
Yes, it's a typo in the mod file. Will be 1d6 after I update it.

> - All flying units (pixies, sylphs, sprites) get #siegebonus -1
This is what sum1won did in summod for beast bats, so I assume that it works, but does not show up.

And thanks for the feedback!

Going by the vanilla sprites they have a sky high def, no prot or hp and a stun attack so you should base on that.

Vanilla sprites have 20 defence btw. And 100 stun MRN 30 range bow. Theyre quite good.

>What price would you suggest? I've already been suggested increasing their resource cost by 3 or 4.
I'd say 7-8 gold without resource increase, 6-7 with a resource increase.

>I've been told that pixies and spriggans are useless compared to other troops
I figured pixies were meant to be basically flying markata. Bogging down enemy troops in high-defense chaff is not always useful, but not every unit in your nation needs to be universally useful.

For that role I think they'd perform well, though I must admit to not having had the chance to try Alee in a game.

The change to spriggans seems good, though.

>I will decrease their attack from 10 to 7 or 8. Should I still increase the price?
If you're nerfing their attack and increasing the price, no.

My main concerns were 4g 1r shortbows and them being strictly better than the melee pixies.

>You plan your army movement based on a thus far very successful schema of the way enemy moves their armies, evaluating the player as a relative novice who plays exclusively at zero levels of mindgames
>Check llamaserver
>The enemy is about to stale and you'd be moving into their armies with weaker forces
>Prepare a turn with lack of movement taken into account and be ready to submit this revised turn at the last minute
>Feel obliged to waste time refreshing llamaserver page as the timer turns near

Thanks! So now that two people said the same thing, I can release the fix. Here you go.

v1.01
- Pixie Archer att 10->7
- Grasshopper Knights have a 1d6 retinue (as intended), not 2d6
- Pixie gcost 4->7
- Pixie, Pixie Archer, and Pixie Noble rcost increased by 3

Whats the res cost for the non archer pixie?

Because it cant have more than 1-2 if its supposed to be massable. And it is seeing the stats.

Now it is 4, which will prevent them from being massed too much and leave some room for spriggans and fauns.

They got two attacks or just one?

Also the twist fate is a nice touch but I keep thinking if luck maybe wouldn't work for some mages. Are pixies associated with luck?

Vaetti are 4 resources as well, and they're pretty massable.

You just can't instantly produce a full army out of any fort.

Two attacks now, club and sleep touch.

OK two attacks actually makes them a fairly great troop. Definitely worth using.

Consider adding pixie knights or something like that. Elite pixie troops, size1 fliers with light lances and rainbow armor and luck. OK maybe not lances because then they actually would do decent damage on charge. Maybe 1AN shock damage weapon or something. And good stats akin to sprites.

So, I kinda want to design a Trade and Taint inspired wargame/boardgame thing, earlgame dominated by trading and normal wars between players with the lategame being a mess of fighting horrors and trying to be the last city standing.

How do I contact the Devs to ask permission to steal their ideas? They never seem to reply to emails. also any anons want to collab or playtest down the line?

I'd playtest because that sounds fun but I'm not sure how helpful I'd be.

Post the kate muccici image

>2(two) MA games recruiting rn
>no LA or EA games in sight

I will need a 12h or 24h extension for the upcoming new turn for TurtleIsland, FaerieFen and aBoneToPick.

In memorium:

Shilling continues! Vegetable Warriors 6 is looking for players! Mod nations!

>wasting slaves on blood fecundity when you could just take Growth 3

Who are you?

TurtleIsland Mictlan, FaerieFen Agartha, aBoneToPick Pangea.

Sure, +24h in both Turtle and Faerie, turn 22.

Playing without G3 can be good but you'd need to take a NB pretender or you can't even cast fecundity.

god

Good changes overall I say.

Consider not shilling with a broken link.

link works for me, my handsome lamb chop

Ah never mind, I see the problem.

Just gotta wonder how much work that revision took compared to just doing a new map. Not that I'm complaining, it's better than the old version both graphically and functionally

It's gonna be so awkward to play when I'm so used to 1.0

And done.

Also, page10.

Hey, Morignon! I know you're here! Look at this!