FB Thread

Post your best FBs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8CTzazpO9S0&sns=em
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The FB is so underappreciated imo. The FD gets the majority of the attention, and the FC takes up essentially all of the attention of the average enthusiast. The FB is beautiful, and unless there is something I'm not aware of, it is a perfectly capable car that looks fantastic.

Cool
Only car.pgotos on my phone are 1st gens

Fk my duck forgot pics

This is peak FB aesthetics.

This look just made this my favorite Mazda

>not referring to this chassis as the SA22C

>SA22C
shutup nerd

There's a difference. SA22C has the license plate between the tail lights, FB has the license plate underneath.

These are SA22C
The rest are FB

Fb is just north American series 2 and 3
Pic related sa22c

It lacks independent rear suspension and rack & pinion steering (which both the FC and FD have), but other than that it's a great platform.

this thread is sekc

Didn't they just change it for North America or something?

Or did the term catch on everywhere if only because of the fact the last two generations kept with the change to make shit easier.

FB's are strange.
They look absolutely hideous stock, but with flares and wide tires they look great extensively modified. Although, I guess the same could be said about most ugly cars.

>They look Hideous stock

I didn't know blind people were into cars. Busting your balls, but I think it's good looking stock, I mean don't get me wrong, it's one of those cars though where bodywork, unless it's something awfully done, usually is an improvement I'll give you.

stock fb easily top 10 ugliest cars ever

It needs a new front bumper or a lip to look good.

Completely subjective, but you do you my man.

>tfw i want to be a ricer and pop fc style tail lights on an fb
>want to be a non-ricer and do a suspension and steering swap too

Nothing wrong with the watts link
Steering is kinda shit though I agree.. too much effort.to navigate parking lots

Is the steering really that bad compared to rack and pinion? It can't just be low speed effort related, I wouldn't care about that.

Pretty dull at speed as well
The feed back is there but it just doesn't feel sharp

>They look absolutely hideous stock
i think the rear is just horrible, they didn't get it right at all

not 100% sure if its an fb but Ill post it anyway

chirol has godtier cars

this ones a smidge over the top

Took my lemons FB to a Porsche club autox for shits and giggles

Oops

WUT

Noob here what does FB/FD stand for?

'F' chassis
'D' generation
'3' lol i dunno
'S' lol why are these letters here

had mine since i was 16, it was my mom's before that. my dad was the only rotary master tech recognized by mazda in our state at the time. They met when she was getting her car serviced lol. 13.L Turbo swap now.

I don't know why this photo makes me have a strong emotional response. Like I'm never going to experience the feeling I get looking at this photo.

You will if you want to.
>pic related, not an FB but gives me the feels

user you come from a family of impeccable taste

didnt know a z31 could look so nice

great pic

>tfw too poor to buy an FD before they're all gone collector status
>too poor to live in Japan and buy a Spirit R

I think I am legit gonna kill myself, I cannot deal with being poor and cause of my parents not being rich, I am eternally fucked unless I somehow strike gold.

should have bought Bitcoins 7 Years ago

I was 13, seven years ago.

its not a secret

>You will if you want too
I don't believe that.

I am 21, got pulled out of school and homeschooled. Only have had two jobs and worked at my current for 11 months now. I have almost no money in savings cause I spend most of it on bills and groceries and staying alive.

I don't have a GED or HSD, and none of my relative that I know of that are alive are rich.

I will never know the feeling of owning an RX-7 ever at this rate. I quite literally got dealt a bad hand, and I don't see a way out of it.

You're gonna have to bust your ass son, there are loads of anons here that can guide you on getting a comfy trucker job with a very decent salary.
Stop being lazy, instead of wasting your time looking at car videos/pictures get your ass and sign up for a trade.
You can make it but only if you will it.

do you think 'will suck dicks for apex seals' is a meme or smoething?
get some knee pads bro

this is a good thread, i like this thread

youtube.com/watch?v=8CTzazpO9S0&sns=em

from back when I use to stree race

There's an FB not too far from me that's been sitting, it looks like it's in realitively good shape, and I've been thinking (well it'll have to wait awhile since I'm looking for a new Job RN) about asking the owner about it, is there any advice aside from the usual look for rust and so on at key structural points?

Also general rotary maintenance tips.

letting them sit is bad bc the coolant becomes acidic and eats into the housings. that's what happened to mine. they don't sell new 12a housings anymore. but atkins sells 13b housing trimmed to the 12a size but they're 750 each. pic related, engine swap

It's been sitting about...a year ish, it's been moved recently but I don't know whether or not it was under it's own power. You think that's long enough for major damage to set in?

it depends. you'd have to drive the car for a few miles to see if the compression bleeds into the cooling system. it'll act like a blown headgasket. it's actually the most common failure with the engines, the apex seals arent. look for white "boil over" around the radiator cap. pic related, look for discoloration. btw it's not a design flaw, it just happens if the coolant isn't changed or if the engine is run very hot

also, a year shouldn't be too long. it took about 10 years for my coolant to ruin the housings

Okay I'll keep that all in mind, yeah I was hoping/figuring a year wouldn't be enough time.

>acidic coolant
who thought this was a bright idea?

coolant turns acidic oto aluminum overtime. they make a coolant for bimetal motors but it still turns corrosive over time

>I don't have a GED or HSD, and none of my relative that I know of that are alive are rich

You can get a GED practically anywhere user, its not even hard.

I like the look of the intake on the right pop-up headlight. But why on the headlight?