/dsg/ - Dark Souls General

late new thread

>The Fire Fades trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=zKaHQVDjJZQ

>Patch 1.13
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75840229415620604

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Ringed City pre-launch media
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

1st for fuck FC chuggers.

Can anyone help me transfer an Onyx Blade over to a new character on PC?

fite club at high wall pass is dsg

what platform douche

I fell from a cliff looking for it, but managed to see it. I realized I couldn't reach it from there and continued. Managed to find the way and kill the swamp one too. Really satisfying.

I'm playing offline if you haven't noticed. I just like the icon. What's the problem anyway?

I have a game idea to sell to Miyazaki. It's in the Dark Souls setting. You play as a demon trying to revive the bed of Chaos and save your misunderstood people. Instead of equipment, you mutate your body. The conflict is whether to accept that some things were never meant to be and return to humanity before dying, or force the world to accept a flame that never dies and become immortal and powerful, but completely inhuman.

I call it Demon's Souls.

>start a new character
>use cracked orbs in undead settlement for some low level pvp action
>host has a twink white phantom with him
>twink blue joins as well

Why even bother?

How was Gwyn the lord of sunlight when there was no sun?

Last thread we all agreed the lore was terrible but Gael owns. What will be decided this thread?

He embodies the sun so there couldn't be a sun until he existed I guess. They were there at the same time. Maybe. I dunno, you're transitioning from a period of time where there's no such thing as time to one where time exists. The chronology of creation is bound to be weird.

you need to go around level 25 and +2 weapon upgrade to get real, not twink players

what set is that my dude?

What kind of weapon should I use for slave knight gael as a pyro considering he's really resistant to both fire and dark?

>no link to previous thread

what are the triggers for getting greirat killed in irythyll? i just found his ashes but i did all of seigward's stuff, isn't he supposed to save him?

Quick question: i'm the invader, and i kill the host. If between the time where I killed the host and i'm getting transported out of their world, a blue kills me, does the blue still get the proof or no?

I didn't really get a definitive answer in the past thread. I guess case in point, if I can't get an answer that proves "no they don't after the host dies they can't get shit even if they kill an invader" then I'm never going to bother doing anything but getting away from blues and healing after killing the host, because fuck blues, get cucked faggots. I'd happily fuck with them otherwise but if I can cuck the blue babbies out of getting their free gank win since 2 blues show up every invasion now, then I'll do whatever is necessary.

They don't get anything if the host dies since they failed

Maybe next time Lucy, for now enjoy the thread and try to not trigger the darksouls 2 babies again

Did you go to the dungeon first? If you go to the dungeon first Siegward relocates and isn't around for saving Greirat.

ruin set with wolnirs crown

>tripfag

Priscilla is shit

don't talk to seigward until you've sent Greirat out (and he actually leaves firelink). in addition, don't go into the dungeon at all, just light the manor bonfire and go directly back towards the kitchen.
once you've talked to seigward and greirat is out of firelink, go and kill pontiff (or any other boss)

damn that is hella fashion
didn't know ruin set was so good

Do any of you guys actually do blue invasions with any regularity? It'd be great to have some definitive knowledge over it. Honestly I'd just assume to avoid getting ever killed when blues are around just to be safe, I hate blues with a passion, like just put on this emblem for free gank squad that resummons itself 30 seconds later even if you kill them because fuck you.

>Lucy

das > das2 > das3

oh okay that makes sense, i went to the dungeon to collect titanite scales before fighting potiff, thanks

i liked greirat ;_;

tfw u spend half an hour fucking around with some farron invader who wont fight 1v1

keep your dark souls game wars on /v/.

and reverse the arrows

sorry, the last thread was at 791 and I didn't want it to get expunged before thread was created
also fuck you nitpick

if it makes you feel better, there's not much that you can't buy with his ashes from irithyll

Also means you can never get exploding bolts and some other stuff.

Yeah, that's the release order alright.

thank you

poison and toxic mist with pestilant mercury

bruh that face though, what is with those CHEEKS

did Miyazuki steal the painting idea from super mario ?

ayy

des>das>bb>ds3>ds2

>str 66 loli with a crown and memegame reference set
That's exactly the kind of character I'd expect /dsg/ to make

I just got to this obvious boss fight (2 NPC summons).
I haven't been invaded by any NPC yet, is that normal?
Steam was down for maintenance and FROM implemented the genius anti-pirate mechanic where you can't get invaded by NPCs if you're not connected to Steam.

Look up darksouls 3 dlc shitpostvideo and you'll get your answer at the start of the video.

>Steam was down for maintenance and FROM implemented the genius anti-pirate mechanic where you can't get invaded by NPCs if you're not connected to Steam.
that's a blatant lie friendo

Sorry if I misunderstood what was going on in the FC: I thought someone was interfering with a fight. Was not trying to disrupt.
-Ricketh

Can i give an unupgraded blessed infused weapon to a new character?

no npc invaders to miss

Is he going to stay in pestilent mercury's area of effect long enough for it to do anything? Nice to know he can be poisoned though.

Wait...do poison and toxic stack?

desu it's better than most of the faces posted in these threads assuming he deliberatel went for a 14 year old asian girl

goyim, what's the best SL to invade as aldritch faithful?

those people are dumb they fight a lot
-Dot

Summon both NPCs. Then summon a player. It will be fun.

youll have to try and keep him in it and yes they stack. you can just use a poison ghru dagger instead of poison mist if you prefer

also youll have to reapply after the cutscene

Sup luci.
And des is overrated garbage, I'd put it last in terms of quality.

I mean, did they steal the fog wall idea from Dio's music video for Holy Diver ?
The answer is always "maybe".

>overrated garbage
No you.

Wasn't me. I rate DaS1 best. His list is respectable though

So my weapon only doing 200 damage a pop is ok then? The poison will take care of it?

The only legit complaints about dark souls 2 are soul memory, too many bosses being dudes in armor, and the different areas not aesthetically blending well into each other. The open world layout was amazing though

DS2 had the best mechanics/combat, fashion and pvp. Duel wielding really added allot.
dark souls 3 combat is far too casualized.
All the people complain about shit like adp/iframes, mobs of enemies, 'enemies that are tedious not hard'(what ever the fuck that means), and bosses with artificial difficult which is code for "I can't just simply beat the boss by using basic pattern recognition"; need to get fukin gid.

Alright, thanks.

I always kill them solo the first time, unless there's a reward for summoning NPCs.

What's a blatant lie?
That Steam was down for maintenance? Or the anti-pirate mechanic? During last week maintenance almost missed Londor Pale Shade invasion in the swamp because of it.
I don't mean playing offline using the settings, I mean when Steam is down or you don't have internet connection.

>too many bosses being dudes in armor,
Although ironically the best boss in each soul game tend to be dudes in armor.DS2 had too many undercooked bosses in general

>Or the anti-pirate mechanic? During last week maintenance almost missed Londor Pale Shade invasion in the swamp because of it.
yeah, you still get invaded by NPCs in Offline mode, regardless of Steam or not

>I always kill them solo the first time, unless there's a reward for summoning NPCs.
this is the rare boss that's much harder if you have a bunch of NPC summons due to an obscene HP pool and the NPC AI

Last thread talk: If you lorefags want a setting that's genuinely deep and ambiguous instead of just obtuse, look at Glorantha. Which, incidentally, Miyazaki was very "inspired" by for Dark Soul's.

Best level and weapon level to farm blue sentinels items?

Glorantha is kind of cool but it's got massive tonal difference to Dark Souls.

If you want to shill your favourite setting you don't need to pretend it's relevant. I like the Malazan Book of the Fallen setting, for example. Definitely nothing close to Dark Souls, but I think it's great.

If you're not connected to Steam on PC, you don't get NPC invaders.

>this is the rare boss that's much harder if you have a bunch of NPC
That's every boss for me. After getting 'By My Sword' I let Black Hand Gottard fight 1v1 against a Darkwraith without full health. He died. Summoned Yuria and Cuculus for their sets, they barely helped and made me restart the fight because they died.

Cuculus is terrible.

Some NPCs are better than others, but generally you don't summon them because of the damage they deal or their ability to tank, you summon them as a distraction.

>Glorantha is kind of cool but it's got massive tonal difference to Dark Souls.
The tone is very different but Miyazaki was clearly inspired by it's cosmology (especially in regards to the dragons) and it's similarly obscure in terms of having no clear single objectve mythology (but unlike Dark Souls gives you real clues to work with)

And it's 100% relevant when the dude was so into it that boss code names in development were taken from the thing (Jar-Eel, Crimson Bat, etc)

Has any NPC ever surpassed Iron Tarkus in terms of actually being good in a fight? Fucker can solo the golem.

>need to go through ng+ for more slabs and gestures
>don't want to play though the whole game again with everything being meatier

Anyone have any tips on having a better outlook on this, other than not using the word meatier? Hell, I like the game. It's just time consuming.

fite clubs is still alive at high wall

The early parts of NG+ will actually probably be much easier for you than on NG since the added enemy HP won't come close to making up for your much better equipment and fully matured build.

Invade in between worlds to spice up the stroll to collect the gestures.

pop knuckles and way of the blue

get invaded by two dudes at once

HOL UP

can seriously no one fucking help me

Lapp can pretty much solo demon princes

Jester Thomas and his snek killing fireballs.

Nah, he always dies when the real fight starts.

Jester Thomas
Lapp is pretty good. Only those two are better than lapp that I can think of but I never summoned most of the new npcs in sotfs

YOU BE SAYIN'

DaS2's dudes in armor were just really very samey though.

DaS3 has Gundyr x2, Dancer and Vordt, Artorias Fanboys, Sully, Yhorm, Twin Princes, Soul of Cinder, Nameless King, Champion Gravetender, Friede, Halflight, and Gael.

However, they were all exceptionally different or at least required a different approach to each.

Compare that to Lost Sinner, Dragonrider, Mirror Knight, Old Dragonslayer, Fume Knight, etc.

Survived on my sl 23 at +2.

But I pretty much perfected that fight.

Sweet, thank you. I'll grab a few weapons I want before using a respec for the int required for Orbeck.

Also sorry if I quoted wrong. I'm on a shitty phone and have to remember post numbers and put them in manually.

Honestly, not really. You're seeing connections and inspirations that are fairly tenuous because you want to see them. I don't think Glorantha had any more impact on Dark Souls than it did on any other popular fantasy videogame.

You might have something with Jar-Eel and Crimson Bat, but I just can't see any tone or aesthetic similarities between the two settings. Perhaps it influenced Miyazaki's work, but those influences are more subtle than you imply.

>the open world layout was amazing though
It was decent but most of the levels themselves were bad or underwhelming. DS3's levels are generally much more in lone with DeS / DaS1 / BB levels than DS2 levels were.

>dudes in armor
Dudes in armor were relatively decent.
The shit bosses in DS2 were things like the Covetous Demon, Royal Rat Vanguard, Prowling Magus and Congregation, Gargoyles rehash, dual dragonriders, Ancient Dragon and Nashandra.

WE WUZ

>someone stole my spear chucker fashion

I don't know whether to be pissed or flattered.

I think the better question is who is the most useless NPC for a boss fight?

At least Cuckulus can fucking poison the Demon King before dying. Sirris is so useless that you have to go to her world to save her ass, and is hilariously worthless in a fight.

WE WUZ?!

newfag here how do I get in

Hahah, epic epic! Post the M'Lady one next!

You didn't invent wearing armor kid. I came up with my fashion on my own.

pass is dsg put red summon sign my friend high wall bonfire

LORDS N' SHIEET?

Ashen Knight 'Spider Slayer' Boyd with Freja is great.

Witch Beatrice for Moonlight Butterfly.
Jester Thomas.
Valtr the Beast Eater.
Queen Killer.

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME TRANSFER ITEMS ON PC FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

is there an even remote chance that bloodborne will be released on pc one day?

trust me, you had nothing to do with it bud.

I think steel heart ellie is the most worthless.

I can't think of anyone more useless. At least sirius can potentially heal you.