Makhbats Outta Hell:
dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.20/clans/nikheizen.html
Serial Splatters:
dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.20/clans/thaddeus.html
Tummy Slashers:
dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.20/clans/prongedramen.html

>FAQ and What to Play:
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34 (embed)
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f (embed)

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/V7MzidCu (embed)

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

Last

Other urls found in this thread:

junethack.net/clan/Dislexiapater
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for dicks

Kobolds are now the same amount of points as mummy, I guess people really don't like them.

Playing TrMo^Oka. I skilled UC up to 10 at the start and then turned on fighting and dodging. Am I doing this right?

Yeah, maybe get a small amount of throwing as well to throw ruks at hydras.

>Nessos the Markscentaur comes into view.
>Nessos shouts!
>Nessos suddenly stops moving!
I wish evocations were actually a viable way to win a game and not just support

Both Ogres and Kobolds were made worse so no wonder people play them less, no idea why they thought that those species should be casters

>tfw though "DCSS devs are cucks" was a meme
>just saw the Tavern post about removing/changing Beogh to be less offensive to Christians (or possibly anti-semitic)

Wtf. Is Duvessa a SJW?

blue hair tiles. what do you expect

minmay was always a dev cock gobbling SJW, he also just happens to be a pretty good player.

Around bluehair; be aware

>Yermak comes online at 4:42 am in russia
>after having not played the whole day
So looks like he does sleep, but only in the daytime. Is he actually a vampire?

>tfw it takes you 16 hours to beat a 3 rune felid

Someone posted that he took extra time off during the weekend so he could play in the tourney. Might be that he's arranging his playing time around work, now that the weekend is over.

Why is xom considered bad?

Because he might remove 80% of those mutations in a whim all during 1-2 floors

>spend half my gold on a scroll of acquirement
>it stacks with two other unID'ed scrolls already in my inventory
What a great feel

Kobold is a caster now? Last time I played them was right after the AC nerf, so KoBe was the easy-mode combo.

they slightly decreased their melee apts while increasing the spellcaster apts, to make them more distinct from halflings

Any new roguelikes come out lately, or is it just DCSS?

tangledeep is chugging along in development, it's a SNES-RPG stylized roguelike

Because he can place you in compromising positions, which can end even good players even if they haven't had a chance to get their panic buttons. Being the RNGod he can also steamroll the game for you with drops and summons.

I died as a Gargoyle Berserker on my first trip to the Ice Cave in DCSS. Turns out Simalucrums can deal about three quarters of my health in one turn. What could I have done better?

What are the differences between webtiles and the downloaded client for DCSS?

slightly different hud, webtiles allows people to spectate you
webtiles autoupdates

downloaded version shows inventory/spells/abilities on screen, so you can just about play the entire game with your mouse. And some people do.

not going into an simulacrum icecave without rc

pick anything other than gargoyle because AC doesn't work on any kind of weapon brand or torment or hellfire or like every thing extended does to you pretty much.

gargs are awful

Might have been wise to wear that rC ring you've got there. Since it's an ice cave, and all.

>jerk off in Pan for 30 floors looking for runes
>finally catch a break in Hell

Let's not choke this all away, all right?

should have:
>worn that ring of ice
>used those scrolls of enchant armour, getting from 17 to 19 AC now is more important than 99 to 100 later, fucking gargoyles
>used brothers in arms instead of berserk, berserk is suicide against packs of unkown size in unexplored territory

You might be right, I didn't think to do that. Ring of Ice could've saved me there, if I wore it and did a few other things differently.

How are gargs awful? I've only been playing this for about two weeks, but I've been lurking /rlg/ and trying to gather what I can. And why doesn't AC work? I'm not too keen on what AC does or doesn't do, I haven't read up on mechanics as much as I should.

Brothers in Arms would have been great there, I definitely use it less than I should. I forgot I had those scrolls of enchant armor.

Weapon brand damage is based on DAMAGE DEALT which is reduced by AC

>gargoyles are bad because their AC doesn't protect you from torment
>gargoyles have innate rN+ AND innate 50% torment reduction

>How are gargs awful?
He doesn't know what he is talking about. Gargs even get 50% stacking torment resistance
Anyways simulacra hits ignore ac so you need at least rC+ not to get demolished. Dieing to this once is kinda unavoidable if you are knew considering there's no way you could have known.

MuWz of Sif done (finally)

gargoyles have trash hp and every character should have statueform or lichform by the time they hit torment

Gargoyles eat up early game adders with rPois and are ready for midgame BS with rElec and rN+.

>ac doesn't work on brands
??? brands are just bonus damage added onto the attack that ALREADY checked AC

if your ac can reduce an alligator's 30 damage bite by 20 it'll also reduce the simulacrum's 30 phyiscal damage + 20 cold damage bite by 20

Yred is pretty fun

I am so bad.

Yred is literally the easiest 3 rune god

Monster freezing brand is a straight up X to Y dmg bonus based on HD

Nice one.

>ascension pan lords/Seraph
IT THROWS THE NET OR ELSE IT GETS THE HOSE AGAIN

whats the story with CDDA? is it fading away?

HELLO THERE

Didnt you guys claim minmay is good

I'm having a solid run with him, too. All I have to do is hold down end turn and spamming ally targeting while death channel is up. It's fun in a different way.
>Flayed ghost: Be careful!
>Flayed ghost smiles at you

Who are the shitty gods?

>Who are the shitty gods?
Ely

They really should improve the scoring, playing nothing but bad combos for 14days isnt fun

bonus damage added on top of their already-reduced-by-AC physical damage

saying "AC works on alligators but not alligator simulacrums" is like saying "ac works on 30 damage enemies but not 60 damage enemies"

>nemelex choices are mostly mage backgrounds
Really makes you think

what the fuuuckkkkkk

To be honest there are like 12 mage backgrounds to 6 melee ones

>qw is 22nd with 2 wins simply by virtue of stacking diminishing return rune/branch points and playing constantly

They should fix it so that the scoring is an indicator of skill, not time investment.

but 2 wins is more skilled than most players

They should multiplicate your total gained points by your winrate

top 10 is really good
manman is on a whole other plane of reality above us mortals

I think the claim was that he has aspergers and makes retarded design decisions actually

This layout would be incredible if I worshiped literally any other god. The servants just keep getting in the way. I tried babysitting them so they wouldn't kill themselves, but that just became counter productive when I couldn't do anything when a tarantella confused me because I'd stumble on my allies. Current plan is to let them run free and waltz into the rune once it's all done

he is only above yermak because d:1 adder

Which god is best for carrying really bad combos through a 3-rune victory? Assuming you're melee.

Would it be Yred or Oka?

Most deaths occur in the early game as a result of lacking AC because the Devil's team thought the popcorn needed to be stronger instead of just rolling electric weapons sometimes

trog

no they should divide it by your standings on the turnrate/speedrun/scoreboard added together

this is good way of doing it
but races/classes/gods aren't balanced with each other so some should earn more points than others too
and note that if you're "skilled", you should be able to earn many more points than un"skilled" NEETs in a given time frame, such that you could be on par with them with an order of magnitude less time invested

probably, my first win got me like 1400 points on it's own

>makhbats are behind minmays team
SHAMEFUR

whats the hardest banner to get
which one will give me the biggest e-peen that i can swing around in this thread

#1 player

Its really sad once you realize that yermaks pals no longer play and he doesnt even have a team

oh yea forgot that was a banner
i meant god banner

No one has completed Ruthless Efficiency III yet.

Winrate is 2.44% up from 1.88% from last tournament
Get ready for some bugfixes

>demise is so fast that he could technically win every background as a minotaur and every species as a berserker during the tournament
how does he do it

If you use both hands you can press o and tab without changing position. I like to jerk it while Crawling but if you get a butt plug I think you can make it work handless.

probably by just walking away and around things and using berserk to reach staircases

I like to lift weights while crawling because sexuality and libido provide no psychological repose for me anymore.

I should probably suspend the game when I do that for the sake of my record

Hahaha, it's crunch time, boys. Just one... more... rune...

Oh hi.
Sorry about that.
IMO just blink past like crazy to the rune. My ghost has firestorm, chain lightning, tornado, but at least it has bad HP.

holy balls I'm some kind of lucky for being such a god damn shit player sometimes

he didn't have a team for the 0.18 tournament, either

it is sad that tolias is gone, though

i don't even have friends anymore
at least yermak has friends
he's also one of the best players

Leave no orc behind.

That floor is dead to me. At least I managed to get away.

Good effort, team! 12 (twelve) hours for 15 runes on a blaster caster. What endurance. What stamina. What poise.

>the C team has higher winrate than the B team
top kek

bullying is against the thread rules

>you'll never have a run with Maxwell's patent armour, amulet of harm, and obsidian axe

can i be the one to say it?

demonspawn are trash

they're an actual garbage species

like, if draconians are semi-memes, demonspawn are full-blown AIDS-tier level of memes

they're bad, and if you use them, you should feel bad

stop being bad and learn to hybrid you fag

How do manuals work with gnolls? Is it more efficient to wait until the skill is at -1 or so so you can get it to a respectable level more easily, or blowing them early going from 0 to whatever as fast as possible?
I know they have a set amount of experience they can generate, but I don't know how it works with aptitudes, particularly variable ones, or really what the actual math is in general.

>stop being bad
i refuse

>learn to hybrid
they can't even hybrid well, tho

below average apts across the board. demigods at least get backed by super high stats; humans are truly average, making hybriding actually easy.

all demonspawn have going for them are "MUH MUTATIONS" and "MUH INVOCATIONS" while having holy weakness and no good gods. they're shit.

>can't win a race that literally gives you guaranteed crutches because of muh apts
here's a tip, you only need 2 skills at the start and unless you're a pure caster one of them is always fighting.

They actually have completely average apts across the board.

I think the player controlling you in the roguelike of life is playing a conduct of having his character retarded.

JuNetHack
NetHack Cross-Variant Summer Tournament
Running from 1 June until the end of 30 June 2017
Only 17 h 46 m 34 s until the tournament starts!
Join the Amy her clan: junethack.net/clan/Dislexiapater
Call her a filthy harlot for shameless advertising
Play NetHack, DynaHack and many other variants! Gogo team dislexiapater! TROPHY GET!

manuals boost a constant amount of experience so it literally doesn't matter what aptitude/level breakpoint on a gnoll you use it at
just use it ASAP to improve your survival early game

Reminder to simply not reply, buds.