Do any of you collect these?

Do any of you collect these?

Other urls found in this thread:

tamiya.com/english/products/archive.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I can't even afford one, how would I collect multiples?

Im building a crx at the moment, its relaxing

Yeah, I like to build them in the winter

Current queue:
>Owners Club 1975 BMW 3.5CSL
>Academy M635CSI
>Fujimi E34 M5

When I was little I did tons and tons of them.
I would love to do it again but right now I cannot afford it

nigga they like 10 bux

I have a GX71 Chaser model that I've started but have been putting off for like a year

I got one i bought at an antique shop for $20 while i was out on a date. I got a few that my grandfather bought me before he died. And ive got a couple i bought myself. Most of them are military vehicles though

I never understood why they cost 20/30+€
The raw plastic molds should cost close to nothing to mass produce.

I'm a tank guy myself

pics

lack of free market policies creates not monopolys, but complete market control by like 3; and then they raise their prices together

No but i've been picking up single hotwheels every now and then, didint realize they still had real cars in the lineups these days.
>mfw Datsun 620 and 240z

It's got two coats of white on it atm and needs two more + clear coat, need some black spray paint but don't feel like driving down the model shop rn

It can easily cost 6-figures to research and prototype a mold, especially with the level of detail kits have these days.

i'm not a child or manchild so no

>muh ships 'n planes

>if you are over 10 years old and still put models together you have emotional problems that you should recognize and get help for.

Normies leave

who are you quoting

>what are hobbies

Fucking love these things, always wanted to get some old 80s jdm
Like old Honda's, Toyota's, Nissan's

>has no idea how to use greentext
What a surprise

Fujimi kit? How's the quality? I wanna make a JZX81 one day but I've had experiences with Fujimi's AW11 kit.

Thats fucking cool as shit

where to get scale model wheels and jack and garage

I barely have enough time to work on my project car and youre asking me if I collect little models of my current project car as a project itself?

If I was cynical I would

I know you can buy aftermarket model wheels off sites
I have no idea where to get micro jacks and lifts though

Yes but heres my Traxxas Slash bronco

I would if they had my car
> no 8th gen civic si coupe
> not even a type r I can pretend is my car

If anyone knows of a 1977 Ford F150 model i'll be all over that shit.

You ever OJ that thing down the highway?

>there are neets in Japan that literally spend all their money and time on jdm car models and watching anime

You need to look harder, cause I know they have an 8th gen civic model somewhere.

my ex got me an R32 GTR model that has been sitting half complete for like a year

The Toyota box, or the bathroom floor mat?
Because I've got a few of those, but not really a collection.

Sounds like a cool Ex gf

how long does it take to build and paint these

looks tedious and annoying af to build.

how much do paint kits and spray guns cost. and all the other tools involved?

is it possible to redo the paint if you fuck it up

1) they can take as long as you want, they're supposed to be fun and relaxing after a stressful day

2) they're fun and relaxing mang

3) depends on where you buy from, some can be expensive others can be cheap, but stuff like paint lasts a while so once you have it you dont have to buy it all the time
Just look online for cheap car model paint and supplies to give you an idea

4) ya you can redo the paint any time you want, just use stuff like paint thinner and you can respray/paint whatever color you want or fucked up

any good sites online for these?

Wow, talk about a few simple mods

>scaledworld net

>zoomonmodel com

>grumpygarage wordpressq com

>scaledprojects blogspot ca
Pic related found some accidentally when searching sites

how much am I looking at spending g to start up this hobby?

What exactly comes included in the box, would I be able to complete the car without any extra materials?

Like to order? Tamiya kits a pretty easy to come by in the US. Other weird jap shit can be harder, the model autismos probably still buy from hobbylinkjapan

Tamiya kits have the best fit and finish from what I remember but it's been over 10 years since I built a model.

You need paint, really depends on the kit. Some shit for like children will come pre-painted.

A rattle can of tamiya paint is like $5 iirc. Need small paint colors for the other details like brakes and interior, if you give a shit. They look kinda crappy if you just leave everything as bare plastic.

nah, I buy other gayshit like gunpla

I have a few of these that I need to finish that I started 5 years ago. Most of them are over half way done.

>Ferrari Testarossa from Tamiya
>Monogram Porsche 911 slant nose convertible
>Revell Buick Grand National
>AMT 1987 Dodge Daytona
The last one isn't a car or truck, but is a plane
>messerschmitt bf 109

The testarossa and Porsche are over half way complete, (the porsche just needs the wheels glued on), but I never get around to actually finishing them.

for those who want to know more about these things:

tamiya.com/english/products/archive.htm

Yes, not many but I really take a long time to build.

Right now I have a 914 lined up but is on a hiatus.

Well typically an online kit with no tools or paint is like $15-$35 give or take,

Then if you want you can go to a dollar store to get craft/hobbies supplies, like brushes/scalpels/super glue/sand paper/ ink cups/etc etc

then you just need decent paint which you can get at any hobby shop or probably cheaper online
I forget how much they are since they come in a range of sizes and you can even get mini spray paint cans for like $5 or so that's meant for models that come in metallic and candy shades of colors since they're meant for cars and other models, at places like MICHAELS which is an arts & crafts chain store here in Canada

So all in all if you know where to look and you're doing it on a budget probably $30 for a kit, probably $25-35 worth of model paint which will last you've while, then another $15 or so for brushes and all that stuff you can get at dollarstores
So all in all Including your 1st model and a small supply if paint that will last you through quite a few models I'd say around $80, then after that you pretty much just pay for your new kit you want once every few months, and maybe an extra color or 2, so as far as models go, it's not to bad