I don't understand the whole

I don't understand the whole

>Wheels worth more than the car thing.

Why is this bad? I personally think nice wheels on cheaper cars make a lot of sense for many reasons.

1. It let's people know you could of bought a more expensive car if you wanted to but you like the one you have.

2. Buying a cheaper car means more money for nice wheels.

3. The cheaper a car is the less it is seen as special buy people. Having nice wheels at least makes it a bit more special.

>1. It let's people know you could of bought a more expensive car if you wanted to but you like the one you have.
Nobody ever thinks this.

>1. It let's people know you could of bought a more expensive car if you wanted to but you like the one you have.
No, it just lets people know you don't have your priorities straight since you wasted a fuckton of money on a shitbox.

So much autism.. my eyes..

>it let's
>could of
>buy people
Wall when?

>Mfw $3000 wheels on my 96 Civic

>go to look at corolla im buying
>wheels arent stock
>owner says he put new alloys on when he bought the car
he was like 70 and this thing had 15 inch alloys and low profile tyres fucking lel

What if I want the car that is considered a shit box?

I can spell properly but I have dyslexia and need to read what I wrote a few times to make sure.

I only really bother to do that for official emails and assignments though.

Shitposting aside, I can sorta see where you're coming from as there's quite a few cars I want that would be considered shitboxes by just about anyone.
I'd go for other performance or comfort upgrades (depending on which car we're talking about) before aesthetics though.

my sister in law has dyslexia as well, she hates reading and writing

a bad thing... no one thinks its a bad thing, no one thinks its a good thing either, it is just stupid to put parts on a car that are worth more than the actual car specially when they don't contribute jack shit for the reliability or durability of the car, its just for aesthetics, its essentially lipstick on a pig.

Wider and bigger diameter wheels can improve handling.

>it is just stupid to put parts on a car that are worth more than the actual car

For what reason exactly?

>buy camera body
>$700
>buy good camera lens
>$1400

Ask photofags, they know this problem

Not the same thing.

>Wider and bigger diameter wheels can improve handling.
placebo, like audiophiles say more expensive cables make a difference on digital sound.

>For what reason exactly?
that is money you will never recover, the car can have gold plated rims worth 10000 bucks, if the car is worth 500, 500 is what youll get.

>15in wheels
>Low profile tires
What did he mean by this? A wheel with a ridiculously small overall diameter?

You could've
>bought a whole other civic
>ls swapped it 6 times
>or added a few simple mods

Absolutely the same thing, especially pertaining to the tires on those wheels. Just like a camera lens, wheels are specific to the body/car. They can be a good investment, because if you aren't a shitty driver, they shouldn't suffer damage over time and you could easily keep a single nice set of wheels your entire life.
Wheels are the best thing you can replace to change the look of your vehicle. Also reducing wheel weight dramatically improves braking, acceleration, and turn in.
Then I know guys with $2000 worth of tires on cars worth less than $1800.

I personally only spend a fraction of the cars value on wheels. Like 1/4th of the cars value.
But I understand why people spend more.

>You could've bought a whole other civic

literally this.

And I'm sure they can hear a difference. But us "audio normies" can't because we don't regularly listen to high quality audio.

Would a normies notice the difference between a summer tire and an allseason? Doubtful, but most of us here can tell a huge difference. I can tell the difference between a tire with a stiff sidewall and loose sidewall. Larger diameter wheels allow for small sidewalls, which means less sidewall flex, which definitely improves road feel and your ability to tell when the tires are going to lose grip.

Wheels are ABSOLUTELY money you can recover. It's called TAKING THE DAMN WHEELS OFF THE CAR BEFORE YOU SELL IT.
If you don't sell your car on stock/cheap wheels then you're a fucking idiot who is missing out on money. Sell good wheels separately. And you will get a lot of your money back, or put them on your next car.

>future craigslist autismo material provider
>i know what i got
>no low ballers
>wheels alone are worth $3000

>
>lifetime set of tire if your not a shitty driver

What?

That's why I literally said you should never sell your wheels with the car.
And don't be the piece of shit that takes pictures with the wheels on and then proceeds to say in the post that the wheels aren't included or $2000 extra.

Just take off the damn wheels and post them separately, the proceed to sell the car for what it's actually worth aka market value.

OP: why yes officer the wheels on my car was worth $3000

Officer: do you have any proof?

Op: i bought them off this guy on CL

Officer: son you wouldnt be trying to commit fraud are you? cause that car aint worth $500 now and you only have minimal liability insurance

Op:but but you gotta belieedat!

Officer: no one puts that much $$$ on wheels and dont put no wheel locks on them. Sorry but oem wheels are what goes on report

but aftermarket wheels are not specific to the car, nor are lenses to cameras.

what a shit analogy.

because the young people that do this are not only dumb but they're too poor to afford a new car that's actually an upgrade without having to spend a small fortune on insurance, so it's cheaper to try their best (and fail miserably) to make their shitbox look better.

i openly point and laugh at some of these ricer retards around here, there are two with near-identical nissan micras that scream 'cringe' when you see and hear them.

>nissan micras

i wanna get one of those, because they're cheap, im poor and dont have a car. who cares how it looks i just want the motherfucker to run.

that's fine but for the love of christ don't put a fartbox on it and lower it please and thank you

lowering it and putting a fartcan under it is literally the only reason to drive a micra

>not shifting into maxium overchav

What if i just want to get rid of the oversized shit the guy put on before he sold it on craigslist for

lmao, that looks like a horse cart.

even vanilla ass 15inch aluminum 5spokes would look better

i have expensive wheels on my shitbox simply because i like my shitbox and i liked the wheels, no philosophy behind it

Many lenses can be used on many different cameras. Many photographers use the same brand of camera when buying new. I have friends with Canon lenses that are 10 years old and use those lenses with new sensors.

Many tuner cars use 5x100, or 4x100, or whatever euro cars are now using. You're most likely to purchase another car with the same bolt pattern that needs a similar size. Also used wheels don't really lose value. If you buy a set of used wheels, and don't damage them, you can sell them for the same amount.

Buy a set wheels you like, then sell those to another spic who will pay good money for them.

>ridin down the street
>some old ass volvo with huge shiny wheels and RACING stickers on rear window
>they never race me

i always wondered how fast some stock 100hp volvo shitbox with stickers can go

If you own a shitbox it's completely acceptable to buy cheap used wheels or cheap rep wheels, if your wheels cost more than your car, you're literally wasting your money..

It's not the same thing at all
Wheels for the most part are cosmetic and are a liability not an asset that makes you money.

A camera lens can GREATLY increase the quality of a picture, and in the right hands can be an asset that makes you money.

On the topic of shitboxes, whats something fun i can do with my 1996 non-GTI golf? That doesnt cost too much, but i also aint poor

put a tarbo on it

Might do user

>2. Buying a cheaper car means more money for nice wheels.

Wheels increase the quality of your car.

How is it a waste of money?

>because the young people that do this are not only dumb but they're too poor to afford a new car that's actually an upgrade without having to spend a small fortune on insurance.

How do you not know they don't just like nissan micras?

Nissan micras are cool.

But the best civics are the old ones.

It's not a placebo you absolute fucking retard.

Tyres change the way a car drives.
That's a fact.

It's better than putting some cheap ass ricey TE37's on a nice car.

>buying wheels as a status symbol
>buying a shit car so you can afford wheels
>giving a fuck about what people think of your taste
lmao how does it feel to be this insecure

I like nice wheels on jap shitboxes, but your reasoning is dog shit.

explain your reasoning and even your logic to misinterpret what I said.

just spent 1700 on work equip 40s for my 96 miata

How much is a mx5 worth in America?

mine is fully loaded with 70k miles almost mint condition i paid 5700 for it bone stock

15inch rims, very little rubber

it's basic reading comp m8

I was going to drop 2k on RPF1's and then another 1k on rubber for them, but I've decided to stay on my daisies and get another set of direzzas and a 6 point instead.

>I have a desperate need to show everyone the amount of my wealth

Kindly drink bleach. If I mount expensive wheels on a cheap car, it's because I like my car and I like those wheels.

I'm saying that would mean a wheel tire combo with a TINY overall diameter. My AW11 came stock with 14" wheels. I had a set of 17" on it for a week or so because I had them laying around, that had a low profile tire and it was the same overall diameter.
Now I have 15" wheels on it and I can say by no means is the tire low profile.

I'm saying a Corolla with 15" wheels and low profile tires is going to look like it has lowrider wheels because they're going to look comically small on the car and they're going to drastically change the gearing. Going from a 14" wheel to a 15" wheel means that the tire sidewall is only being reduced by half an inch to maintain stock overall diameter. That would mean you're going from a sidewall that is 4" talk to one that is 3.5" tall. A 3.5" tall sidewall is hardly low profile.

>Caring what others think about your car

O V E R P R I C E D F U R C A R

>
Im running 13s with tiny tires. Looks like a mexican car with insane wheel gap and its basically on the ground

Its an ef civic also

>Im running 13s
literally Twingo-tier

Its not much different of a car. Ef hatch is tiny

Little bit bigger than miats with 3 more seats

I have 15"s on my ef sedan.

Wish I had 13"s but hard to get a nice set.

I'm saying a Corolla with 15" wheels and low profile tires is going to look like it has lowrider wheels because they're going to look comically small on the car and they're going to drastically change

Heaps of corollas rock 15"s...
What are you talking about?

Yes, but they don't have "low profile tires".

This is my AW11 with 15" wheels. By no means are the tires on it low profile. I could get low profile tires but that would mean the tires would be smaller in overall diameter, which means it wouldn't fill out the wheelwell properly and there would be an awkwardly large gap.

You're obviously too stupid to understand what I mean.
A 15" wheel with a 205/55/R15 tire will be the same size as the stock 14" with it's slightly larger sidewalks.
The 55 is the sidewall size, and 55 is not considered a low profile sidewall.

I think you are too stupid to even understand what you are saying.