What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/What-is-the-relationship-between-Starbucks-and-Barnes-Noble
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Amazon.

Too many stores were opened and they couldnt focus their core business around online service and did books for some reason. You dont see strand having this problem. People love books yes but the demand lowers every generation now. B&N thought they were fucking mcdonalds of books and had so many locations they put themselves in a dark spot. Theyre not down and out yet but they need to redefine who and what their brand is. Id love a shot as president of their company

we can access information through digital formats now. we have no need for "books" which convey information on a physical medium. how wasteful!

Marketing.

They'd make it if they partnered with Starbucks.

Books + Coffee go hand n' hand. Just sayin'.

>Marketing.

you can't drop an answer like that without a little elaboration

Goes hand n' hand with Starbucks idea.

If not wanting to partner with Starbucks for maximum profits, I'd suggest narrowing down stores to well-selling areas. Completely shut them down. Have closing business signs. Make it a big thing.

After stores are closed you roll out rewards program. You need to also make the website much more effective. It looks like it's stuck in the 90s. An app would be helpful as well, enabling you to read books once purchased in the store.

Getting into the community. Holding events in stores, doing book clubs, offering more than what you can get online - human to human communication.

A few tweaks to these points can keep the business chugging for quite awhile. This isn't blockbuster type tier what-so-ever. People still love buying books with paper, which is what they really need to work with.

I thought you were trolling. they ARE partnered with starbucks...

Starbucks is aware of B&N's current and possible downfall as a company and would extort them if they partnered. Starbucks would gef majority of profits from the partnership.

No they're not.

quora.com/What-is-the-relationship-between-Starbucks-and-Barnes-Noble

I'm talking Barnes n Noble being inside Starbucks, not the other way around.

It would be a smart move in saving the dying business from going bankrupt.

that's all well and good except B&N IS FUCKING HUGE.....

what are we regulating it to the cash register counter like they sell holiday CD's and shit?

>Excuse me, I'm looking for this classic work of literature, do you have it?
>No, but we can order it for you.

Oh ya B&N is just totally so big that they're not failing at all and won't become the next Sears & K Mart.

Plus you're only going after one of my points. Please entertain me and go after my other points.

lol

>I'd suggest narrowing down stores to well-selling areas

you mean limit them to "profitable" stores? yeah, that's what any business always does

as far as the rewards program, app, "community programs"...I imagine they already have some form of all of those.

the design of the website is somewhat difficult because books in themselves aren't very modern or futuristic, the website should reflect the store primarily.

What b&n should be doing is making sure that they can form a small coffeebook collaboration business of their own to assure customers and to have book sales without the assistance of starbucks. Offer up breakfast with a free copy of a book that is dependant on the genre the person likes to read.

Honestly it is not hard to save b&n ive been reviving halfdead companies for over a decade.

Public Libraries started actually renovating and opening internal cafes and children's areas.

Even nigsville has a decent library.

no one goes to the library anymore grandpa

Pretty sure he ment "huge" as in "spacious" not "successful"

What is your job?

>if they partnered
>if they
>if

They already have, ya fuck

Only somewhat; Starbucks gift cards for example don't work at Barnes and Noble cafes because they aren't technically Starbucks locations.