/bdog/ - Black Desert Online

/bdog/ - Black Desert Online General
>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an Korean MMORPG by Pearl Abyss. It features action-oriented combat, open world PvP territory control, player housing,
unlimited levels, life skills, and more.

>Latest Patch Notes
community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?forums/patch-notes.5/

>Mod Info
undertow.club/threads/black-desert-online-resorepless-nude-mod.9098/

>Guides, guilds, Olvia Channel FAQ, and other info
pastebin.com/tGWk2bru
docs.google.com/document/d/1JnFambQifvui7-V68QMsfuXuhAuu4C0NsVJCxJIv84E

>EnHANCEMENT it's fucking >ENHANCEMENT< Guide
blackdesertfoundry.com/2015/05/19/enchanting-and-sockets-guide/

>NewFAQs
Newfags might be overwhelmed by the information overload at the beginning. Do yourself a favor and "turn off system notifications" in the Settings>Game options. Check everything in that window.
Avoid lag by turning off High End mode in the Settings>Screen tab. Be sure to check "Remove other's effects" and uncheck "Display other's names" for an enjoyable world boss experience.
For everyone's sake, read the links, Google it, and Ctrl+F, BEFORE asking the same stupid question other people previously have in the same thread.
Ask for a guest pass in the thread if you don't want to commit to 10 fucking dollars oy vey.
All classes can be fun and/or viable.
If you have to ask, the game isn't worth it. Go away.

Previous thread:

What's the most played class here?

thicc eyebrows

Reposting

dark knight

Who is this cute slut?

What in specific do you want to know?

Probably DK or Witch

Pvp. Pve. Community. Auction house. Crafting.
Dungeons.
Cam I solo most of the stuff end game? Or do I have to sit in queue and wait for healer and tank?

xth for ded gaem

This isn't your typical themepark MMO, there's no trinity or traditional group content.

Even Steam couldn't save it. RIP

first off there's no skill based pvp
there's no actual pve content
do what you want that

>say fuck it with enchanting
>Sell all my stones and mats for it
>Buy Tri khzarka staff

I regret nothing.

Aiburo-chan

Ok. Thanks for giving me a quick rundown on classes.
So it's just open world do anything? Is there a point of being in a guild? When do I need to party up with someone? Can I level by questing normally?

any daddies around? i need some cummies in my womb :3

PVP is siege, node and open world. Gear reliant as well team based.
PVE = grind endless mobs
Dungeons = actual ingame dungeons no instanced dungeons that would be retarded in this game as people would hide in them. The dungeons so far are Helms Dungeon, Hasrah Dungeon, Pila Ku Jail, Aakman and Hystria. Helms and Hasrah are out of date and terrible overall. Pila Ku is 190+ ap or DK with accuracy and 170. Aakman and Hystria are 60 with 200ap to even have a group look at you. No one does Hystria because it's leagues harder than Aakman which is already a pain in the ass. Because these dungeons are out of the way and the population that can actually do them and not walk away after a couple hours is very tiny.
Community = epitome of shitty mmo internet culture turn off world and server chat you will save yourself from dealing with mongoloids and faggots from here
Auction House = Marketplace it's a system that's entirely automated prices are fixed between a min and max and actual equipment does not scale to supply and demand. There's a far higher demand than supply always on everything that is actually relevant. You work for all your silver yourself there is no trading besides shitty food and potions that become untradable when you take them.
Crafting = Best money in the game flat out, but just as grindy as actually getting leveled and geared. Best advice be a life skiller ignore the actual mob grind, anyone who says mob grinding is good money isn't at any master level life skilling and therefore is a broke bitch in comparison.
You can solo EVERYTHING, except node, siege, world bosses. You can technically solo all dungeons given you were to get absolute best in slot gear (this is not worth it though given the amount of health the mobs have killing even with the best gear in aakman or hystria is a waste of time solo as it's slow as shit) Also good luck in getting the actual gear you need without punishing rng that is essentially worse than a slot machine.

Any advice for optimizing FPS on my shit computer on BD?

>irl tranny couldnt make their character look like a real girl either
Wew i've heard of projecting but this takes the cake.

rude

>Questing

HAHAHA LOOK AT THIS NIGGA

>Name is already in use

>Dungeons = actual ingame dungeons no instanced dungeons
means that people would fight each other in the dungeon?

Questing is for another type of leveling which is contribution points which is used entirely for life skills and node management.
Leveling your skills and actual level must be done entirely via mob grinding for the most part.
The point of entry for actual level where you aren't a total gimp shit is 59 to 60. 60 if you don't want to be second hand bitch to everyone that is 60 and 61+ is the actual grind. There is no cap, but it takes about a year to get 62.
Guilds for right now serve as an entry point to node and siege wars, they also give some pretty good buffs if the guild you joined actually does their daily missions. Guilds for node wars will have zero point with the upcoming siege changes to the merc system where anyone can register and get randomly placed with a guild to fight on their behalf for a node while receiving a portion of the tax money upfront for their help if they win.

The only time to party up is if someone is wants to for grinding anything. It's mostly there to avoid conflict over grind spots and special deal auto register junk to market. Party play is a must for hardest dungeons or they are not worth doing period.

There are no instanced dungeons in this game and it will be retarded if there were. This isn't a themepark, it's an open world pve game that tries to push pvp as it's main goal even though nowhere they actually advertise this and the devs already stated the game progression will be more about pve and life skills than pvp. Hence the fucked balance they don't give a flying fuck about. You pve for ten million hours to pvp.

Yes you can run across another group in the dungeons easily, and expect it to happen. Expect to get shit on constantly until you start hitting the 170-180AP and 270+ DP lv 59-60 mark. Even then expect to get shit on constantly until 61 and 220/300.

Are there any rotations out at pirates that a friend and I can duo away from all of the pvp up front? Like on the mountainsides or something? We're both only about 150/200 AP/DP, but Witch/DK so I think our clear speed would be alright. Tired of sausans.

Give me a quick rundown on this character.

Why is loli hide

Where do you want to meet?

is the siege and node wars fun? are there any limit on number of participant? is it happen in the open world or in a instanced?

Calph 2. Heidal inn. Bring your pearls~

guys am i cute

How long, on average does it take to level from 1 to 55? I have pretty normie hours for gaming since I work 40 hours a week. Also, do we have a main server for bdog?

ayy lmao

is there a jap client that lets me play on jp servers or does this kusoge even have jp servers?

There is no main server. Because there is only one server.

56 can be done in a week easy.

But you sound like a normie. So please leave.

it's open world, takes place everyday at 6pm to 8pm pst each node has their own day on the channel 1 of each region, they are fun, but frustrating if you don't have a decent computer. Mostly zerg fest with little actual skill involved, mostly numbers and nukes with gear and player turn out. There's technically no limit to players besides what your guild limit (100) and allies. There has been 9 guild node wars and they usually end in a giant stalemate with maybe 2 or 3 of them falling before time limit is reached. So everyone building on one spot is insanely retarded unless you're just into that kind of thing.
Nothing in this game is instanced, technically not even red battlefield which is the simple arena match that you have to teleport to, you can actually land on the actual island it's at.
The closest thing to an instance is Aakman and Hystria, because you go through desert portals, but both have their own physical entrances you just can't go through them as a well to force you to look for the portals. These sections are just like other sections they count as open world, you can encounter everyone just think of it as a door. Not an instance.

i went from 1-56 in 2 days and i have a job

>tfw been playing for 3 months now and just now found out workers dont work while offline
all that silver
gone

Thats what you get dummy.

Now tilt the camera down more so we can see your pantsu.

>28 fps
lel

How bad is the cash shop? Can I buy boosts and stuff so I can progress my character faster?

1-55 is 12 hours with some mediocre gear if you push for it.
56 is about 3-4 hours
57 is about 4-8 hours
58 is about 8-15 hours
59 is around 30 hours
60 is around 70 hours
It's possible to get to 60 within 8 to 10 days with constant pushing, though for you if you were to max your time and always grind in your off time you might do it in few weeks.
Gearing is another beast entirely and relies almost entirely on your luck and commitment.
There's only one server depending on region split by channels. bdog is cancer, avoid all in game interactions with this thread and the trash guilds within it. There is no single hangout, just a bunch of lingering fuckwits trying to lay claim as the guild of bdog but there really isn't one that isn't ran by mongoloids.

Sort of, yes. You can buy weight limit increases so you can farm more, and you can buy pets that pick up the loot for you. Among other things.

Are the traveler/explorer packages at all worth it, or can everything be earned in game?

the cash shop boosts your income which is why you get a lot of claims of p2w since your income is basically everything in this game

itc and baka are both fine guilds.
we create a lot of fake drama for fun so as long as you take things at face value, youll have fun as well

Cutie meetup

What can I do AFK to progress while waiting for energy to regain so I can do other semi-AFK things.

Something something rape rabble rabble Witchlet

No, but you can get convenience items such as weight limit to not make it where you have to stop every half hour to empty your bags of overweight.
Pets you can get these from the market in game if you're lucky, but these help you pick up shit easier and faster. Rather then not make looting garbage you just pay $40 for 4 pets, more if you want to smash them together to get a higher tier kind which is faster at looting.
Costumes minor boost, some of which should be in game options like the ghillie which hides your name from other players outside of node wars. Outfits can be bought with in game money when listed on marketplace. Costumes are quote functional and can only be bought with real money. In game costumes only become actual costumes if you get a $15 ticket exchange coupon.
XP boost are with loyalty but that's not priority as your first 3 months of loyalty should go entirely to getting the 4 weight limits on your main.
The pay to win aspect of people listing costumes is 1/5 of the KR prices and can only list 5 items a week and only certain items. It's nothing when you consider the factor you would have to essentially wait weeks and spend thousands to get anywhere with this system, your max turn around being 125 mil silver per $150 spent weekly limit max out if you get all premium costumes. This is compared to the billions you'll actually need to get anywhere in the game. A 125 mil is pocket change at the higher gameplay especially to a life skiller.

Not invite wwwwwww

>How bad is the cash shop? Can I buy boosts and stuff so I can progress my character faster?
>No, but you can buy pets so you don't have to stop all the time, so you can progress faster
Good job moron

Technically the pets and weight do nothing if you don't have a will to grind to begin with. So if you can't tolerate grinding for more than 30 minutes at a time. You shouldn't be surprised no one grinds in this thread as everyone here keeps getting dumpstered trying to play like they're big shit

This game renders large breasts weirdly

Pls respond

>Technically the pets and weight do nothing if you don't have a will to grind to begin with.
Turns out, "progressing faster" requires you to "progress" at all. Who would have thought? Good job with that logic.

The underside gets deflated whenever I crouch

Did what's their name crawl back after being btfo a few nights back?

and you're obviously small fry if you dont understand how powerful the cash shop advantages are
1s cooking, 4 tier4 pets, cp-free lodging, cp-free storage, maid outfit, and so on are all ridiculous in terms of how much extra income they bring in permanently

>This is compared to the billions you'll actually need to get anywhere in the game
Fuck, i'm terrible with making money in MMOs.

How to properly play BDO
Step 1. Make a character of the class you want to play the second most
Step 2. Do tutorial
Step 3. Level normally gathering as many nodes, CP, inv expansions and energy boosts as you can.
Step 4. Make a new character of the class you want to main.
Step 5. Do tutorial
Step 6. Lifeskill and do main city daily CP quests for at least a month straight on new character to build an empire of nodes, trade, workshops and workers to amass a huge fortune.
Step 7. Buy end game Tet gear for every slot.
Step 8. Equip Tet gear to your level 5ish lifeskill character
Step 9. Teach those fucking parasitic bees and grass beetles who is boss of this gym.

kys ask reddit

So I looked through the enchantment guide, tried to google and cannot find an definite answer.
So items say
"enchantment type: flexible" or "fixed".
What does this imply?
As some blue weapons in terms of just dmg seem to be better then greens and some do not have the "cannot be enchanted" label, implying they could be enchanted. Yet I hear green is superior.

It's all good and great. But if you know how to actually play you can get around all of that. I recommend you actually pay attention to quest and life skills. I got the bonuses, but don't pretend it's impossible to play without them.
On top of this when you life skill for thousands of hours you don't worry about shit regardless of any of that shit, because you make billions already without it.

Is anyone else having an issue with the launcher not even showing/not being able to connect to the server screen at all?

Repostan from earlier

Zerk or Striker?

Are the classes gender locked?

Friend just gifted me this, big MMO player. What do you actually do in this game moment to moment?

Are Warrior/Valkyrie the only classes who can tank?

How is Striker, and why does everything I find talk like Dark Knight is the newest class?

Plus, can I just get some tips for starting, besides the stuff in the FAW?

>tank
There is nothing to tank. Its not that kind of game.

So everyone is a tanky DPS with heals or something?

Should I focus life skills on my main or an alt? Can I transfer life skills at all?

A few are.

idk what im doing but i bought a high quality carrot from a fox and i have a horse now

nope, i really do have to wait 4 hours

There's a shit ton of people here you have to be more specific

Can someone explain to me how the Olivia servers work? Can I go to a normal server later? My friend rolled on a non-Olivia server.

You can switch servers every 15 minutes. Olivia servers are catch-up servers for new and returning players.

So here I am redownloading this, and I saw this interesting tweet come up.

Checked twitter proper, and its gone. Seems someone was grumpy.

They are channels, not servers. Olvia gives bonus Weekend XP all day every day. Only new people or returning people have access to those channels. YOu have acces for a month. You can change channels once every fifteen minutes.

There is no triangle in this game because there arent any activities that require it. Witches and Wizards have a few party heals and buffs and a protect area for Mass GvG wars, but everyone else and them as well are self-sustained dps, most people are burst one-combos in pvp at least and some are tankier than others. Look up some videos of this game and the people playing it before you decide to dive in.

The activities of this game include grinding the same mob packs for anywhere from one to hundreds of hours in order to level up, running world boss trains in order to get a chance at item drops, large scale guild wars for territories, or 1v1 pvp and open world gank pvp for people who have been playing long enough and already have the levels + billions of silver worth of gear in order to not get deleted instantly against other players. There is no PVE in the regular sort of mmos that you play. Also there is a whole other system of lifestyle management and worker empires where you connect nodes on the map, hire workers to gather resources for you, and use materials to make profits via items or level up your lifeskills (cooking, fishing, trading, etc) and there are some people who play only that section exclusively.

On the bright side, for 6 dollars or free in your case you can hop on the character creator, get on a boat and explore the open water and islands or the mainland, and delete the game if you aren't interested. Its a dirt cheap price because the people who fully commit to this game will spend anywhere from 100 to thousands of dollars more than that to make their game more convenient with extra inventory slots/storage, pets to loot for you, maids to remote access your bank, premium benefits, the list goes on. Hopefully that answers most-if not all of the extra questions you were going to ask.

kek

rate? i know its not at anime girl but i like the tribal/magic tattoo style

>tfw you're not even mad your witch came out looking like an autist who's awkward around other people.

GLOMPF BTFO

thanks for the info.

don't stab me/10

Not autist enough.

I'm interested in fishing but I'm new and haven't experienced PvP yet. Should I not level past 40 to avoid getting killed while afk fishing?

>average bdo character.jpg

If I hit play it'll be gone.

Also, fucking maintenance.

:(

>Liberals.
I'm never buying anything from the cash shop ever.

Don't bully my autist, cake boy.

Are all tamers this short or did I mess up

My horse is twice as tall as me

that's because you don't have any money

>4 hours of no BDO at 4 in the morning