Jeep Wrangler and other modern SUVs

Hey Veeky Forums I'm looking to replace my old as fuck Trooper with a new SUV (probably not brand new but I'm thinking 2014 or newer) but I'm having some trouble. I want a two door body-on-frame manual but so many SUVs now are either shitty crossovers or pig fat mallcrawlers like the suburban. Is the Wrangler good or is there a better option on the market right now?

restore the trooper or buy a mint one.

Wait for the Bronco

>4 door

Gross

I'm still holding out for a true two door version.

That said the wrangler really is the last frame on body SUV that isn't a soccermom transporter. Unless you want to get a Land Cruiser

I was thinking of this, I know it'll need a tranny rebuild at some point but it's running fine right now nearly 230k miles.
The new Bronco does have me interested but as someone else said so far Ford doesn't have plans for a two door model. Maybe when it gets released and we can actually see how it turned out I'll decide on it

No one has seen the bronco. no one knows how many doors it'll have.

what about the jeep renegade, I know it's 4 doors but it still is a pretty small suv

>recommending a fiat

what's wrong with it

literally everything. it only exists for people that are too poor for a wrangler or cherokee.

>implying the KL is actually a jeep

No it's not but it's what someone actually wants when they end up in a renegade.

Not that guy, but could you explain and cite what exactly is wrong with the Renegade?

>fix it again tony with a jeep badge

Okay, now could you explain and cite what is exactly wrong with the Renegade over the Wrangler without using memes?

One day at work we had 12 Renegades in our fleet, every single one of them had issues ranging from CELs to overheating for no reason and had to go to the dealer for servicing

>fleet
What do you do where Renegades are used as fleet cars?

They're just shitty economy cars. Shittily engineered, shittily built. Corners cut to meet cost.

Any citations?

Rental cars, obviously

Was thinking about something similar not too long ago.
My parents sold the jeep, because jeep problems, but now they are missing having a SUV.
The wrangler is the cheapest not a truck but not a crossover suv. Kinda sucks there's no competition.
Was thinking of recommending them a tahoe, but they have this shit lip that effectively gives them the aproach angle of a slammed riced honda. I know you can take it off, but still.
I thought about the 4runner, but
>ew, japshit

So yeah, wrangler is basically the only option right now.

>hurr durr japshit
kill them and then yourself. buy the vehicle you want regardless of where it comes from.

Well, it's not for me and I'm not too much into suvs. I'm just helping them, but my mother has a problem with jap stuff.

Fuck off chrysler shill

>ask for evidence to back up claim
>"sh-shill"
Fuck you.