LED vs Xenon

Your experience on led or xenon and opinion.

Other urls found in this thread:

magnetimarelli.com/press_room/news/magneti-marelli-paris-mondial-de-lautomobile-motor-show-2014
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Neither if you're trying retrofit them into reflector housings instead of projector housings.

as long as they're in the correct housings either is fine, though I personally prefer HID

I have the very first bi-xenon headlights ever fitted to a mass produced vehicle (C215 Mercedes CL) and they are very good. No experience with LEDs but I guess with all that newfangled technology both xenon and LED are even better than what I have.
Is sorta right - there are reflector xenons (Volvo had some, the W220 pre-facelift did too) but I'm guessing the reflectors are different from halogen-spec ones. Get OEM headlights only, retrofit kits a shit.

My Veloster has projector housings but halogen bulbs inside and I had similar questions. I was lazy so I just got some aftermarket bubls that emit a cleaner whiter light.

It was the easiest and cheapest solution for me. The light output is much better than stock and cosmetically it has fooled more than a few people into thinking they're HID.

I'm glad retrofitting this shit isn't allowed around here.
I read horror stories about idiots having the most stupid setup in Burgerland, blinding oncoming traffic all the time.

whatever came on your car stock.

The objective truth?

Matrix led >> HID >>>> full led

You think they're bad in a car or truck... Fucking poointheloo semi truck drivers put them in their semi's. Now you're fucking blinded no matter what you're driving. Most semi tractor headlights are jiggly as fuck too which turns the bad retrofits into strobe lights.

Matrix Laser >>>> Laser >>> Matrix LED >>>>> Full LED >> HID

OH FUCK NO.

>it rains
>rain drops break the laser light
>pedestrians get blinded for life

Cool pedestrian safety you have there, Audi

My H4 halogen bulbs are fine

HID if you want penetrating effective light.
LED if you want an ineffective bright wall of light in front of your vehicle.
Halogen and wiring harness upgrade if you have factory reflector housings.

Fuck people who think it is acceptable to use light bars anywhere near other traffic. Fuck all LEDs, even OEM LED headlights. They're harsh as fuck on the eyes. Every time I come across a Cadillac with the vertical LED bar headlights they blind me.

Also most manufacturers are aiming their headlight projectors too high from the factory so they shine right into my eyes and mirrors in my sedan.

HIDs are great when in a proper projector and they're angled properly and on a flat road. Even then a slight curvature in the road means their cutoff line moves up enough to blind the shit out of me.

Depends on what they're put in, what they're being used for, what their power is and who made them

LED is currently king for most applications, and in five years I think we won't really see any new cars with xenon or halogen

With that much light won't your pupils shrink to the point where you won't be able to see shit if you turn your light off for traffic?

Shit, that looks like the 655 between Timmins and Smooth Rock Falls... There are no northern Ontarians here, I refuse to believe this.

>Audi matrix laser
>Audi

Its a shame to see how LED-bars get such a bad reputation because people use them as DRLs and have no idea how to properly utilize them

It goes far and its strong, but its not super intense on your eyes or anything

Nah, last time I checked its the RV25 between Trysil and Elverum, in eastern Norway

Do they make Matrix Laser Headlight?
>implying they design it for Audi

HID, as long as it's a colour rating no greater than 4300k. All those 6500k LEDs are shithouse for CRI, and if there's even a hint of moisture in the air they're useless. They give the impression of being bright without actually being effective.
Keep the LEDs for low speed/stationary flood lights.

magnetimarelli.com/press_room/news/magneti-marelli-paris-mondial-de-lautomobile-motor-show-2014

>The technology of Automotive Lighting, the lighting division of Magneti Marelli, plays an important role in Paris, with a presence on the most prominent models on display. Among these the new Audi R8 LMX the first series production car in the world fitted with Laser/LED high-beams.

They produce almost every kind of headhlight possible for your MUH GERMAN ENGINEERING scam machine.

The best thing of all is pic related.

>EVERY OTHER CAR IS A CROSSOVER/SUV
>ALL EQUIPED WITH SOME SORT OF FANCY LIGHTNING
>IM IN A (standard) LOW SHITBOX CAR
>CONTINUOUSLY BLINDED BY FUCKING EVERYONE COMING HOME LATE FROM WORK

YELLOW LIGHTS GOOD
BLUE/WHITE BAD
FUCK I HATE BLUE AND WHITE LIGHTS

My eyesight isn't what it used to be fuck all of those faggots, literally can't see shit when they come my way

NOW ADD HIGHBEAMS

if you want brighter swap your cheap dinky 35 watt balast for a 55 watt one and you will see some serious fucking gains in visibility

your night vision view distance will double

>Corbetta, Milan
North Italian aka Longobards, who were a Germanic people.
>They're Italian citizens but simply don't feel Italian. The local authorities estimate that German is spoken by 75% of the 510,000 inhabitants of the that region.

North Italians are best, but not quite Italians. :^)

They only produce the headlights, not design them. They need the blueprint from the manufacturers.
interesting... thanks for info

HID/LED/Xenon a shit.
You fuckers blind me every single time you drive past me, drive behind me at your standard distance of 12 microns or happen to be in a nearby city.
My night vision is already dog turd, I don't need your help in driving into a ditch, thanks.

I wish yellow headlights were still a thing.

>jiggly lights

Sorry bro mine are like that and they are factory, Cascadia.

Hit me with those laser beams!

>Milan
>Home of Alfa Romeo
>Germanic people

Yeah, you fucking wish.

Holy fuck, I came on here specifically to shit on people with this supid fucking lights and this takes the cake.

>LED light bars too
Fuck them faggots. Why do you need that shit turned on IN TOWN REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I live in one of the light bar capitals of the world and thankfully nobody runs them in the city or on the highway. However you do have fucking LingLing in her AMG mercedes SUV that somehow drives with the bright as fuck high beams on all the fucking time.

Like those Cadillac SUV/Crossover's like user mentioned earlier with the vertical LED lights? Those things can fuck off into the woods.

God fucking damn it, I'm legit raging right now

why is it illegal to drive with brights on near traffic but you dweebs can melt my retinas with these

Don't you faggots wire up auxiliary lights to function with high beam?

Because properly set up projectors have a cutoff to keep it out of your eyes. Problems come when they're aimed too high and/or retarded poorly installed aftermarket lights. Aftermarket lights actually are illegal, generally speaking.

No. Most stock fog or aux lights go off when you put the high beams on. Aftermarket light bars usually have their own switch or use the trucks up-fitter switches.