[Daily Bike Thread - /dbt/]

Dia da Independência Brasileira edition.

>Motorcycle Related Cartoons
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice

/dbt/ map updated Last month:
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Nobike? Start here:
A2 bikes:
>a2bikes.co.uk/

Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
>cycle-ergo.com

Webms with sound:
Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

infrastructure.gov.au/roads/safety/publications/2009/pdf/good_gear_guide_nrsc.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=wx2J4o4qr00
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw you live long enough to see ducati make a superbike V4 and honda sit on its hands with nothing but its $170K model.

When will the new VFR / RVF age begin?

First for group ride again tonite bois

is there such a thing as affordable and waterproof textile trousers or should I just keep using my waterproof overtrousers?

Pros
>100% waterproof

cons
>bit of a hassle to get it on
>can get very hot and sweaty inside it because it is absolutely sealed.

>wanting a good bike from honda
what's that, did i hear you want another underpowered turd?

How many friends do you guy have?

Owning a harley is awesome
Chicks dig em

Harley is the true redpill

fuck's sakes

Took my fucking Harley for a rip today. Walked a busa and afterwards he hate my ass out and asked me if any dealers would take his busa on trade. I told him probably not than shit into his mouth.

tard

catch up gramps, the future is here and it's beautiful

Took my KTM out for a fucking HAUL today.
Had a freaking faget on a sport tourer think he could run with me. I bent him over his shitty bike and buttfucked him while he screamed about anime or some sort of weeb shit.
As I left I pushed his bike over and he thanked me for it.

My sides.

>redpill

Has the HD clothing and tats rebel meme down to a science.

2 genuine, excluding family

what are these bolts and what is the correct tool to remove them?

Good god....
This is /dbt
Better go watch death note reruns kiddo

Sup /dbt/ need your expert advise on a issue.

I have a 350km trip coming up in a few days and I don't have much gear. How goofy/lame/ebin would it be for me to wear my IOTV full kevlar plate carrier (minus the plate) as protection?

>pic related

They are called allen heads. You use allen head wrenches/sockets to remover them.

Since you asked something fairly basic please print this out and tape it right above anything you work on.

Lefty loosey, righty tighty.

Allen/hex key

Get an allen key set or socket wrench driver head set

they bolt entire engines together with allen heads?

Are you fucking retarded?

Just gayer than a guy on a cruiser with a patched vest.

JUST
U
S
T

That's not holding the entire engine together. That holds on one of the side covers.

Depending on the bike, yeah they can use a ton of them.

My KTM has a crapload of torx heads ( kinda like an allen but star shaped )

Mission motorcycles went bankrupt user.

Going to buy an 05 Triumph Bonneville tomorrow. it's my first bike, excited to start riding

Not fully
I won't be flying any patches. Just need some protection just-in-case is all and this is the only thing I have on such short notice.

Just bought a new book while out.
Awww yisss

enjoy your disgusting lack of power, no carrying capacity and tiny fuel tank.

thanks buddy I will

>mfw that describes my bike perfectly as well

nice cuck shed

They're pretty common for external case bolts because the heads don't take up as much room as hex heads.

Unless you're going to Chicago or Detroit that will do literally nothing but make you uncomfortable.

New seat finally came in 5 weeks later

Looks nice, you'll need to go ride for several hundred miles to break it in and test it this weekend.

Hows it feel?

What model is that honda?

>buy a jacket
>too small
>buy another jacket
>fits ok but arms have too much room in the shoulder and are too long
>buy ANOTHER jacket
>fits perfect at the waist but not in the chest
>BUY ANOTHER FUCKING JACKET
When will revzilla cut me off? I'm foaming at the mouth because I can't try this shit on in person because all motorcycle shops locally have shit selection.

Hi

What is wrong with the cb650f?

Sincerely,
user

I know that feel, my local stores have motocross, harley, and winter jackets

How safer are the jackets while on a bike?

WTF do they actually do?

Stop your skin from burning away in a slide.

If you weren't shaped like a fucking pear it would probably be easier.

Nah man I just bought it to show it off at the local Starbucks

Haven't gotten to really test yet. With the dealer price being $1k you'd expect it should be good. Paid about half that from Germany

Hi mat

>Local Craigslist is lousy with $1-2000 near-new CBRs and GSXRs
>They're garbage bikes for beginners and short commutes, and that's why there's so many for sale
>Only SV650s nearby go for 2500+ with a ton of miles on them
It ain't fair, I tell ya

All three boxes for starbucks, hardcore man, hardcore.

So it doesn't actually protect against broken bones or anything like that.

Wait, you mention slide, so if you fall off a bike you should slide with the fall?

Don't forget the tank bag on the seat and the GPS

There is impact protection, not just abrasion resistance. CE rated armor in shoulders, elbows, forearms, and optionally back/chest protectors.

Ultimately though, if you hit something at 70mph, the armor can only do so much. In theory it will spread the impact out and do less damage.

A jacket with CE rated armor will lessen the chance of a broken bone but they can still break. Avoid rolling as that will cause more impacts and increase the likely-hood of broken bones. It is always better to slide along the ground until you come to a stop.

There's a lot more to it because each manufacturer has their own fit, on top of separate fit styles (sport, touring, race, etc).

But you are right I'm a little chubby.

Airbags will sort of protect you from broken bones in a tumble (highside or unfortunate lowside)

But that's about it. Motorcycles are dangerous. ATGATT all you want but if your helmeted noggin contacts a metal post at 60mph your ghost is going to wish you left the gear off so you could at least be less sweaty before dying.

Helmets are tested against exactly this sort of impact and made to be safe in it. Never give motorcycle gear advice again.

>$1k
Fuck me, that´s a lot for a seat. That´s just shy of what I paid for my bike.

How's wage slave life mat?

>Your head hits the pole
>your body continues on

it's one of the few situations where you'll break your neck. not because of the helmet, if anything the helmet gives your head a slight chance of glancing off the pole, but it's a slight chance. and you still might have it being cut off to avoid pushing the brains out of your cracked skull.

worse is when the pole/tree branch contacts your neck instead of your head.

>tfw no dr650

Still sending stalker text and creeping on customers?

Quality gear increases the speed and severity of a crash you can have whilst walking away uninjured. Buy the best gear you can afford and choose gear that you will be likely to wear every time you ride.

Pic related, I lowsided at 50 mph and walked away uninjured. The ~3mm thick leather jacket and kevlar jeans wore away to nothing... if that was my skin I would still be in hospital today.

Further reading: infrastructure.gov.au/roads/safety/publications/2009/pdf/good_gear_guide_nrsc.pdf

Now you are describing a different sort of impact that almost never happens. You can convince yourself that all crashes are that but they aren't anywhere near that spectacular or that deadly usually. Please don't use your skewed view of reality and crash statistics to misrepresent the protection provided by any of the gear available to a rider.

>ATGATT
>slide stomach first into a tree at speed
>RIP, internal organs
>slide into a curb/divider at speed
>well your bones didn't shatter AS badly

Motorcycles are dangerous. Please do not give the illusion that gear confers invincibility except in ideal track conditions.

>Slide headfirst into pole at 60
>Helmet does its job and protects your brain
>Spine is shattered
>Heart stops

Yep. If you wear gear you're 100% safe and nothing bad can happen.

Is ur fat friend still trying to sue people because hes a shit rider? And is he still trying to cheat on his wife?

Yeah, sometimes people die instantly, sometimes they walk off 200 mph crashes (looking at you, Marc Mar-crash).

I talked on /dbt/ last week about the r1 squid I saw crash his bike in just a helmet and gloves who was walking around and shit

I agree those guys went full worst case scenario but fuck man dial back the tism

Are you cunts fucking retarded? Not even a 5 star car would resist a 60 mph pole impact. But for the most common crashes that actually occur, ie:
>car turns in front of bike
>cars and bike rear ending each other
>rider misjudges corner and runs off
Gear will play a HUGE role in the injuries a rider will sustain.

Vid related. Imagine if this guy was in jeans and a tee: youtube.com/watch?v=wx2J4o4qr00

I don't think you understand what a strawman is.

>ATGATT all you want but if your helmeted noggin contacts a metal post at 60mph your ghost is going to wish you left the gear off so you could at least be less sweaty before dying.
^A different user

>Helmets are tested against exactly this sort of impact and made to be safe in it. Never give motorcycle gear advice again.
^You, being dumb

^everyone else pointing out how wrong you are

You're a fucking idiot. It's not a strawman if you're the one who made the argument you dense shit. You literally fucking said something, then other people told you you were wrong, then you're claiming it's a strawman. Not how that works.

Whats wrong mat? Not very friendly tonight.
Is it because you make minimum wage and everyone makes fun of you irl?

I don't think you have good reading comprehension.

It is a strawman if I never once said gear makes you 100% invincible and they refute my statements as if I did and even say that is what they are refuting.

I don't think you know what you're talking about.
Just because you work in retail doesn't mean you're pinion matters here

Did insult you IRL or something?

why do you reply to them they are neet sperg lords with no life and the only kicks they do get are by trolling this thread.

Not at all. But nobody likes you. You never realised that everyone made fun of you? Even your manager talked shit about you to everyone.
Nobody was sad when you were forced to leave. We still laugh about the creepy text you sent girls

Hornet 600.

or, if you prefer, CB600F

A Monkey's favorite. :^)

My autism wont let me let it go.

yeah but you aren't actually making a point to them, the only thing they care about is the (You) part of your replies.

Trying to get ur dick sucked by white knighting ehh?

Since there is never any chance of me coming back to that state and seeing you again who are you if you?

We're all very pleased you got forced out of here. We all had a good giggle tonight at bike night about your autism

I´m desperate man

trying to shut you up ya dried up old sack of lumpy camel shit.

you are annoying.

I feel u
You seem upset! This pleases me since you can't do anything about it

Imagining you sitting there doing a little autistic cackle while you type out each of your replies because you think everything you say is really funny is enough for me to be honest.

Lol now I know who you are. Autism has its perks.

>Rossi out of the championship
>Crutchlow possibly out as well
There goes the rest of the fun for this season.

Im happy you're taking time out if your busy night you commune with me.
Im sorry you get trigger so easily spergie

Im sure you think you do know who I am. But you don't.

>night
i don't live in what ever communist shithole you live in.

Ok spergie user. Anything you wish to cry about? I care, I really do!

Seriously though. What's ur fat fuck buddy always trying to cheat on his wife? It's sad honestly

I've had a head on with a car at probably 130mph Bike went under the car, I ragged dolled down the road about 150 yards. Friends thought I was dead for sure. When I stopped I sat upright and said SON OF A BITCH loud enough the guy going by me heard it. Ended up with a purple big toenail and 3 stitches in my heel from my bones trying to be forced out of my foot ( boot held it in, thank you Gaerne )

I also fell in a lot at 2mph when my front tire washed out of the worlds smallest pile of gravel, Broken collar bone.

Full gear both times, it's not a guarantee you'll walk away clean but it certainly helps your chances of being less fucked up.

I actually have no idea who or what you are even talking about.