Should I trade in my 2014 fiesta st for a focus rs ?

Should I trade in my 2014 fiesta st for a focus rs ?

Other urls found in this thread:

autoblog.com/2017/03/29/ford-issues-two-big-recalls-for-fire-risk-door-latches/?ncid=edlinkusauto00000016
media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2017/03/29/ford-issues-three-safety-recalls-and-one-safety-compliance-recal.html
etis.ford.com/home.do
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FiST is a brilliant car. You'll be fine keeping it buddy.

"RS is an awful daily driver"
-matt farah

Is this even a question?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the FoRS an objectively superior car to the FiST?

If it is actually a pure trade, with no cash thrown in, go for it.

sounds like a cuck to me

He actually owns one
it's shit

Probably because the seats are made for someone of healthy size, and Fatt Marah is a beached whale. Also because the turning radius sucks but that's something you can get used to.

I want to sell it because the engine is being recalled for an overheating problem. And Ford really isn't going to fix the issue.

It's not the seats. Its rides too stiff. It would be faster around a track if they made the suspension more compliant. Get a mustang gt instead faggot.

Don't listen to these wageslave cucks that can't afford an RS. I bought my RS last month and it's fantastic. The seats are super aggressive but comfy if your not a lardass. The suspension is definitely stiff but your buying an RS it's apart of what your paying for. The turn radius does suck cock but you get use to it. It's not a big deal.

Good to hear you are enjoying it. My fiesta is an absolute sensation. Have it e30 tuned with bilstein shocks. But I just can't trust the engine after learning about the recall.
I would buy an rs cash but I'm buying a house. I'll trade in my fiesta for 12k and finance the rest.

ford shill pls go. RS stands for "really shit"

you're not getting 12k trade in on a shitty modded fiesta.

Saved all the parts to return to stock.

I had a 2016 WRX that I traded in for the RS, the RS is above all it's competition. It's a really refined car, your buying a road legal rally car. It's a great choice OP I hope you buy it.

I'm not shilling shit, I'm just telling OP based off my experience so far. Your upset ford won't let you test drive their RS when you pull up to the dealer in a public bus.

Will probably go with nitriuos blue rs package. Going to shoot for 37k out the door. Some have gotten rs2 packages for 38k according to the forums.

Isn't the recall just for a coolant level sensor? And cars are overheating because people aren't checking their coolant levels?

Engine block has poorly designed cooling ports that create hot spots and will eventually evaporate coolant and crack.

Source? I haven't heard of this

autoblog.com/2017/03/29/ford-issues-two-big-recalls-for-fire-risk-door-latches/?ncid=edlinkusauto00000016

Only effects 2014 and early 2015 models.

how about the fact that when driven hard the awd system overheats making it fwd. the rs is shit any way you slice it.

Thats only in drift mode. Focus rs is meant to be driven in sport mode.

They are talking about the Fiesta you stupid fuck.

Are Euro built models affected as well?

? Fiesta is fwd

I was just responding to that post because it was op.

No.

media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2017/03/29/ford-issues-three-safety-recalls-and-one-safety-compliance-recal.html

etis.ford.com/home.do
You might want to find out.

Happy days. No need to worry then.

For me too! Was just looking up my build date, fell a few months out of the time frame for the 15s.

One thing I can think not being superior is it is a more complicated, bigger vehicle. OP may enjoy the size of the FiST, as I personally do

you'd think his lard ass would absorb enough of the shock from bumps. Get a fucking RDX if you care about ride quality. Jesus

plus its not a track car dumbass, its meant to fucking slide

It only effects 2014 and 2015 models because they don't have the sensor. They didn't actually fix the cooling issue after 2015, they only added a coolant level sensor so that you'll know of your cooling issue. :) The recall adds the sensors to all versions of the 1.6L.

The only version that actually has an issue is the 1.6/1.5L Escape as it is almost always in boost due to the weight. The cylinder head and gasket don't get sufficient cooling so you start to ingest coolant as the head bends. The issue (poor cylinder head/gasket design) is present on all 1.5/1.6L but it only presents itself in the Escape.

Euro models are affected as well. See my post.

I had an RS, it died at 1800 miles. Lemon'd it. Don't buy one.

I wish I bought a FiST and got a proper coilover setup to deal with the poor factory suspension (stupid stiff).

Was it a 2016? I hear 2017 we're sorted out.

It was a December built "16" with the "V5" block. Not that it matters, the issue really has nothing to do with V4 or V5.

The gasket itself is poorly designed and there is a change coming. That combined with the new cylinder head material having more flex than the Mustang head exacerbates the issue as you expose the weakness in the bore bridges on the RS block (which is still better than the Mustang block, cross drilled as opposed to saw cut).

where on earth do u think he'll be able to find someone dumb enough to do a flat trade with no cash on top?