/hg/ - Halo General

Sgt Johnson Edition

>The Halo Wars 2 Sergeant Johnson DLC pack is now available for purchase or as a free download for season pass owners. It includes the following:
- Take command of fan favorite Sgt Avery Johnson with new units and abilities
- new blitz cards and packs exclusive to Sgt Johnson
- 3 achievements for 30 gamerscore

>Important Halo Links and Notes
pastebin.com/DpwtNzmu

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/folks-need-heroes

>Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

- - - NEWS - - -
The Complete Oral History of Halo waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/the-complete-untold-history-of-halo-an-oral-history

Installation 01 Cinematic Trailer
youtu.be/RfE9Q3I3Q_g

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/5CUQ6ESm
youtu.be/U3srFl3KohE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Go with top right.

You are currently browsing /hg/ thread #310.
The featured map is "Citadel"

>Previous 50 threads
#309 - 16-Bit #308 - 8-Bit #307 - Banished #306 - Post GT
#305 - Halo Triple
#304 - Colony
#303 - Custom Warzone
#302 - Customized Gamerpics
#301 - Easter
#300 - Breakthrough
#299 - ITT We Discuss Halo
#298 - Scorpio Specs
#297 - /hg/tage
#296 - Main Menu
#295 - Hunter Leader Inbound
#294 - All Systems Critical
#293 - Failure
#292 - Kinsano
#291 - Hayabusa
#290 - I Want to Believe
#289 - Implying
#288 - Re-Write
#287 - Place Your Bets IV
#286 - Exploration
#285 - Warthog Rush
#284 - Let 'Volir
#283 - Dinos Playing Hoop
#282 - Standard
#281 - Halo Wars 2
#280 - Ultimate
#279 - Early Access
#278 - War of Wits
#277 - Imminent Hexagons
#276 - Soon
#275 - Never Forget
#274 - Opinions
#273 - Halo Wars is the only good Halo
#272 - Definitive
#271 - Blitz
#270 - Inauguration
#269 - Also on PC
#268 - Halo Wars
#267 - LOL Cards XD
#266 - Pulse
#265 - An Image for Drones
#264 - 2017
#263 - New Years Eve
#262 - Golden Shee
#261 - Christmas

For even older /hg/ threads, check the archive here:
pastebin.com/5CUQ6ESm

>room from campaign level charged as additional "DLC"

It's ok when Halo 3 does it

It's about as much from campaign as Colossus was. Both were just slightly modified.

Fair enough, but in his defence Colossus shipped with the game

Wasn't Citadel one of the ones shipped with ODST?
:^)

>they charged $60 for a standalone expansion campaign and a map that was already in the campaign
although to be fair I spent so many hours having fun in Firefight that I probably got my money's worth

Firefight made it more than worth it, the campaign was good, and I had a disc with all DLC on it as a bonus.

What's the context of this pic?

FF is fun enough to be worth, I guess

It was Todd telling a bunch of japanese men that he was going to help them print money.

Shame ODST had a better one

So what if we put Todd in charge of Halo

Halo would sell again.

>Replace all weapons with pipe weapons
>Can carry only one weapon at a time because more than one is too complex
>Remove grenades, add shouts instead
>Hitting knee of anyone kills them
>Maps have retarded ass slopes that you have to jump over 10 times to get over them
>If you play too much on a single account the game starts to lag horribly so you have to start all over
It'd have over 6 million endings and 10 ways to say yes in single player campaign though

So when is 343 going to pull the plug on chiefs mangled corpse?

If the VA strike keeps going? Soon.

>tfw Kinsano is still the best for rushing and 1v1

>Halo 6 was supposedly the last Chief game
>it might actually be 5
Kino.

>we have to make it to thread #300
>we have to make it to e3
What will the next excuse be?

Heavy aim patch is out.

Already like Demasnn

dead shit game lol

For what game?

The one with heavy aim.

I like that top guy

>expecting balance
Flame units a best

You must of missed the part of Frank and Kiki stating that Master Chief will be the main character for ALL mainline Halo games for now on and that Chief isn't going anywhere anytime soon after Halo 5's poor reception. Face facts the fanbase considers Chief Halo and once he dies, Halo dies.

They're just going to change his voice actor for Halo 6 and beyond.

What pissed me off so much is how many useful idiots defended the price because they oh-so-generously gave the goyim an ENTIRE MULTIPLAYER EXPERIENCE! Pay no mind to the fact that mythic part 2 was held hostage behind the purchase of ODST so you were forced to essentially buy Halo 3 again if you want the complete experience.

That was my only problem with it, really.
I think for people that didn't already have Halo 3, it was a great deal, but they should have had the mythic II pack available for download for everyone else the day ODST launched imo.

ODST was a great expansion pack maligned because it was sold as a full game.

I've bought dozens of games sold at $60 that I have gotten less out of than ODST.
For example, almost every Call of Duty game.

Once again, I HATE MICROSOFT!

Microsoft really is a cancer on this industry. I don't know how that can be disputed.

Im glad we got sadies story out of it

It certainly made Data Hive a better level. Who knows how much of an impact it had to Virgil as a whole.

>see in the Q&A that blocking people actually avoids matching with people in certain playlists, including warzone
>go through my thousand spite blocks and undo every single one of them in one night
>search WZA to reap the fruits of my effort
>still takes me 2-3 minutes to find a match regardless of the time of day
>still one-sided shitshows ruled by Mommy's Credit Cardâ„¢ and EBT in the case of the still gratuitous number of mexicans

Quite frankly, I feel cheated.

I've always said that ever since the Xbox brand took off and MS took note, they have been one of the worst publishers. On par with EA, Ubisoft, and WB Games.

I like their games but every time I hear a story on them I get madder and madder. They were going to release Halo 2 in 2003 in a sorry ass state, Ed Fries threatening to quit Microsoft made them give Bungie another year, fucking idiots.

>Undo every single one
Jesus christ

>alphabetical organization for armors
Finally

Every. Fucking. One. Even the people who genuinely deserved the block. I'm just that desperate to get a fair WZA match for once.

You could always do that anyway if you went to your armor via "Collection > Customization > Helmet/Armor".

Yes, but you couldn't see the changes until you backed out.

Fair point.

I guess I'm just crestfallen that we're excited that we've finally gotten our armor organized with some rhyme or reason. Just how low is the bar?

It's 343. The bar gets lower every time.

OMG HALO 6 IS LAUNCHING WITH A DISC IN THE CASE! Thank you SOOOO much, 343! I'm glad you're so dedicated to physical media!

I'll actually, factually kill myself if people do this.

>Maps have retarded ass slopes that you have to jump over 10 times to get over them
DICE games already do this.

What you're going to be hearing is "You were never an actual Halo fan if you don't support the REQ system."

Gotta appreciate the irony in that the first good console shooter and a pretty good arena shooter in its own right is now meant to be supported by fans of... well, the exact opposite of that.

>some level 8 dude I found by chance gifted me reqels

This isn't part of some epic new scam to buy req packs with stolen credit cards and gift them to people you want to get banned, is it?

As always, they ruin it

The first good console shooter was doom 64

Nah, he probably just had one to get rid of

I've heard nothing but good things about it, but last I checked it fell victim to N64 emulation being... well, N64 emulation.

Doom 64 is not just Doom emulated on the N64. It's an entirely new game built from the ground up for the console.

Some people don't like their DOOM without DOOM music.

So I hear. I was just saying it's a shame that I can't play it without owning the cart.

Why don't we have enough strength to end it, /hg/

How much longer can we keep this up

We are lying to ourselves

Oh I see.
Yeah that's a bummer.

The soundtrack was done by the guy that did the playstation port of the original DOOM. It completely changes the atmosphere of the game to be more of a horror experience. I'm nostalgic for the original, but I don't resent the change on the playstation version.
youtu.be/U3srFl3KohE

We'll find a way. We always have.

I say this to myself every morning.

We are going to end up like /gowg/

This was supposed to be in Halo 5

Josh Holmes: "One of the ideas that I was really excited about was just getting more tapped into the Catherine Halsey relationship, with John and Blue Team and that almost surrogate mother relationship that she has. At one point very, very early on, that relationship was much more of a focus."

I will never not be angry about this. Halo 6 better correct this. >:(

We can't possibly end up like /gowg/.
We existed.

Halsey will die in 6

1 more week and that's it, thread #300 and E3 are good excuses to keep the thread alive but there's nothing they can announce that is worth keeping the thread alive after E3.

Halo /tv/ show

We already had that. It introduced your favorite character, Jameson Locke!

That article was great with some really interesting aspect of the series' development. Seems like Halo 2 was a real mess but i still think the final product was fantastic.

>tfw i've always felt deep love for ODST for some reason
>turns out it was their favorite project even if it was small

>when you play against warzone royalty just about every match

At least Temple is so unfair to the defenders that it turned the tide.

That article explains to me why Halo 3 was so good, it was the last Halo game where Bungie members from Halo 1 and 2 worked together after that they either went off to do their own thing or just went to make Destiny, so after Halo 3 classic Halo was already dead and never coming back.

>hate latest games in a franchise
>still play them

I have no other choice. How else am i supposed to shitpost on Veeky Forums?

>finally lose my temper and send one of the people I match with over and over again
>pic related
>match against them again in the very next game

DEAD. FUCKING. GAME.

Who is the CUTEST user, and why is it (you)?

by voice? cookie and grim have cutest voices desu

Why don't we have Achilles yet, /hg/?

Just wait 5-7 minutes before searching again you stupid idiot. Go for a walk, take a piss, grab something to eat, when you come back they'll be in another match already, leaving you free for a new match.

I did that. I joined in progress in a game with 40 seconds remaining. The next match I was thrown back into the game with them again. There's no getting away.

>We can't possibly end up like /gowg/.
/hg/ has been permakilled twice.

4.0 when?

Wasn't sielberg supposed to make something?

We have to die and stay dead for a while first

I still need an ending for this

"Take off your helmet. I am absolutely outstanding at sucking dick"

>tfw your voice gets you compared to the guy no one likes

Just finished Halo 5

Why the fuck do we need Blue Team again instead of the Chief going alone? I kinda understand the Osiris part of the story, but it could have been something like
>no one in Osiris is on the level of the Chief, so they have to work together to get shit done
>Chief goes alone and has some other gimmick instead of Blue Team
Also, too much Osiris, at least I knew who Buck was.

Incoming jap shitpost from rentaroo

Tim Longo wanted squad combat because of his background, Blue Team and Chief were supposed to get more screen time and their connection to Halsey was supposed to play a major role in the game but that never happened. >:/

Blue team are chief's closest friends. Practically his siblings. It was about time we finally got them in a game.