Rising Storm 2 General /rs2g/

>game is actually kind of popular edition

Previous thread: This is a general for Red Orchestra 1/2, Rising Storm, and recently released Rising Storm 2.

Red Orchestra and Rising Storm are semi-realistic mostly multiplayer first person shooters with vehicular combat.

The latest iteration, Rising Storm 2, focuses on the Vietnam conflict.

>Red Orchestra Ostfront store-page: store.steampowered.com/app/1200
>Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm store page: store.steampowered.com/app/35450
>Rising Storm 2 store page: store.steampowered.com/app/418460

GO HOME GI

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/AhYvfHB
youtu.be/9OoO8clxVEg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why is skirmish the best game mode and why arent you playing it this instant?

Who's this Charlie guy anyway and why are we trying to find him?

tfw discord link still not in op
discord.gg/AhYvfHB

>try to play skirmish
>defending
>my team literally runs away from the objective
Nah.

No idea but I'd quite like to know where those damn Americans are taking him.

this desu

So can you actually play music out the helicopter?

i amanaged to find a server that has some regulars in there
guessits just server to server ya know
but yeah ive had a few where it slike GIS in charlie
>team goes the other direction
is it autism?
cause that would be great desu

Why do leaves appear on my screen when I crouch?

i think you are invisible to recon planes that way?
i could be wrong doe

Animal Mother is the epitome of a typical military idiot. With ego bigger than his brain, his recklessness and constant need to show off got the Cowboy killed. No tactics, no attempts to outsmart your enemy, just hurrah forward into the kill zone.

Its like you've never been around US military personnel before

>>Supremacy
>squads sticking together
>going full guerrilla, sneaking around and back-capping
>base spawns and supply lines stopping it from being a full BF-style randomly running around fest
>VC get use out of their tunnels, placing them behind enemies and up near points
>GI get choppers
>actual jungles in the maps
>commander needs to make actual decisions, team needs communication overall

>>Territories
>greater lethality turns the game into even more of a stalemate meatgrinder than RO has always been
>maps are either way too open (see Hill) or entirely urban (see Hue), negating half the VC's mechanics
>or both (see the shithole that is Cu Chi)
>no tactics needed, just mindlessly rushing forward/camping and dropping support in the same places every time

>there are actually people that prefer Territories

Charlie is the hide and seek world champion. He's so good that the US sent a whole army to find him, but the GIs get really frustrated because the dudes they keep shooting are just random Vietnamese guys.

>/tv/ tries to be funny but fails once again

>be VC
>SL asking for artillery across river at B while C is the contested zone
>No scouts up, but I k ow its a popular area, I have no other marks, and allies aren't packed in there
>call it in and warn people
>kill a bunch of GIs, but still kill some allies who were on the edge of it
>Not one of them forgives the TK
>I get a one minute respawn time while the Americans start to contest and I can't grab the radio for an ambush
The fuck is wrong with people? If it isn't glaringly stupid, or if the person apologizes and seems honest I will forgive. Especially if it is the cmander doing his job.

Why didn't they make te game in unreal 4?

>Not showing off the white forest.

>guy says that people who don't write np after getting teamkilled should be banned for trolling

Only teamkill i forgive is if i intentionally run into artillery strikes and i always check where commander is putting them.

Did they increase the amount of xp required to level up?

>release day +1
>game still has massive fucking memory leaks
>plays fine for 30 minutes, then slowly devours my whole PC
thanks tripwire

I thought we were pretty normal until I got rotated to Korea and one of the ROK Army guys asked me why Americans are so "crazy".

Cu Chi is great you faggot. Hill is also fun when you want to relive Iwo (though it needs more balancing). Playing Supremacy all the time is boring, variety is the spice of life.

>no way to put lowland ERDL camo on any of the other helmets
>all other helmets automatically look dogshit on USMC
This pisses me off more than it should

It shouldn't be popular. They haven't fixed anything.
The game is a broken mess full of bugs. Major lack of content too.

God knows why they decided to release it anyway.

Sure, it's alright as a side-distraction, but Supremacy is clearly the better mode and what the game was built around yet you see heaps of people autistically reeing at it's mere existance

me too. i have 8 GB and a few times when i checked, the game was eating 6 GB of it. a friend i was playing with was only having 3 GB eaten at those times and we were playing together the whole night. same server, same maps, no restarts or reconnects on either side

>play yesterday at launch, everything fine
>play today, sound is choppy and cuts away every 2 seconds

Anyone else?

Why the fuck is the stakeout ithaca so fun?

You tell me, I don't like how it moves and aims. I vastly prefer the trench (with #4) or duckbill.

Requesting any and all Vietnam memes

>he doesn't spam the "FUCK YEAH, SIR!" voice command every second
explain yourself

>I Warn them but they still die
Use a mic you autistic covfefes.

Who's got the YouTube video of Northern forces fucking up GIs to Vietnamese rap?

>be TL
>no radio
>noone takes radio
>try to play and ask SLs for marks anyway
>they don't
>subsequently team get shafted for support
>"dude let's kick TL he doesn't call support"
Every time. Fuck you people, every time I play TL I get a bunch of ungrateful retards who act like they don't need any support.

Most people don't watch the tutorials and legit don't know how TC works

>In bunker complex with squaddie
>Clearing
>Things are going well
>Take fire from an adjacent tunnel
>Go to toss grenade through tunnel into next room
>Grenade DISAPPEARS upon leaving my hand
>Hear grenade land on ground
>Can't find it
>Shoot my squaddie a look
>He saw me throw it
>Book it the fuck out of the room
>He stays in to watch the tunnel
>I say goodbye to him in my head
>Hear the grenade go off
>Reenter bunker
>He's fine; still looking down the tunnel
>Figure grenade must have gone well
>Peek into tunnel
>Get shot by two gooks in the next room
Where did the grenade go?

What maps don't have static radios?
I only complain when the commender is on the front lines alone and getting shot

Problem is I can't mark myself and provide support frequently from static radio.

>go radio
>TL is an aspie that sits all the way back at spawn, even on maps with forward radios
Every fucking time.

YOU SEE IVAN!

IT AINT ME
IT AINT MEEEEEEEEEEEE

>cap point with my squaddies
>hit H to give out new order
>accidentally hit G too
>WP grenade among friendlies
>WORRY.exe
Didn't kill anyone but holy shit I am unbinding quick grenade throw.

Saw someone like this but with an RPG. Made it all the more hilarious when he actually managed to shoot down a chopper too.

How that's excel spreadsheet coming with our steam IDs and location?

Simple reason for that:

If you die as TL, you are pretty much guaranteed a 2 minute spawntimer because the fuckwits didn't clear the hot zone last time you called in arty.

He's telling those Charlies to back the fuck up.

>TK
>be forgiven
>get bonus points
What

The points you lost for teamkilling are refunded.

But you can spot shit yourself, properly judge the situation, and count for triple on points.

You shouldn't be running around like a madman or taking point but you defintely should be keeping up with the team

Do you get 2 copies of the game?

PPSH is the best gun in game

Correct

It's a bit lacking for single shot taps at mid/long range, but other than that I'd take it every time.

of course not, retard

I swear over half of my deaths come from tks

why the fuck are you retards having such a hard time distinguishing friend from foe?

how do you find the team leader's location?

Is everyone a fucking sniper in this game? I stick my head out for 1 second and immediately get shot

observe wide angles from a long distance, hold narrow angles from a short distance is all I can say to you.

Same. Either it's fucktards throwing WP thinking it's smoke, someone shooting me from 150m while I'm behind enemy lines despite being on the opposite side of the cover compared to the enemies, or just retards spraying at everything in close quarters.

he shows up as a star on the map

But as a counter to that
>see an area I think Charlie is hiding
>switch to grenade
>5 minutes later soldier finally finds the grenade in his webbing
>Charlie pops up very close
>kills me before the butterfingered soldier I am can switch back to my gun

They really need to tweak weapon switch times. I get that they want "realism" but soldiers wore combat webbing literally so they could get the shit they needed in combat faster.

he is represented by a star icon on the map
find him
put a bullet in his dome
fuck his corpse and shit on it for putting yet another arty strike on your team

thanks

drum or box magazines?

Petition to ban HueCity from all map rotations forever.

Drums, always.

>wanting Hill 24/7

Hue city is the best map for newbs to learn the game. Foliage and multiple routes confuse them.

>when you kill two friendly gooks with the backblast of your rpg

That's the MMO version.

I had a commander that whined about getting killed and whenever I died while he was with me (a Radioman) on the front lines.
>"Just go grunt; it's not worth it."
It's always worth it. I get smoke grenades at the very least.

The point is to have a better view of the objectives so you can make better decisions about support actions without relying on the map (that doesn't show hidden enemies in bunker windows, prone, etc.) and communication with your SLs (that takes precious seconds, competence, and coordination). The point is not that you suddenly have the ability to stare at the radio menu completely unaware on the front lines instead of at spawn and then cry about it when you have to participate.

>Git Gud
TL doesn't help anyone when he's waiting on the teamkill timers that he could have avoided by visually confirming targets from a second vector (by seeing your troops outside the bunker complex in the open, instead of hoping that they're inside/in cover and calling it in regardless of their actual position, simultaneously saying "Get out of B if you want to live" to people who play with the sound off or whatever).
Nor does the TL doesn't help anyone when he's sitting at spawn staring at a menu with all of his actions on CD (or waiting on marks).
Get the out of spawn and visually confirm your targets. You're a detriment to your team and you've already proven so by suggesting that you accrue teamkills to the point where you have minutes to wait after someone walks up and casually shoots you in the head for not being on the line (and being easy to find for immature revenge fantasies).

US TL should be in the Loach or with the Radiomen whenever available (doomed without cooperation).
Gook TL can roll solo (but must rely on SLs for marks) with all of the DShKs usually near spawn and still be useful during the downtime between calling in supports.

The problem is 90% of the time newbs can't clear the first objective.

if you vote hue city you should kys, that map was fun the first 5 times, now its just pain, pure and constant pain.

might as well make a PSA for whoever's having problems

U.S Army:
possibly black
one big pouch on each hip
green helmet with distinctive black band
green or tan/green uniforms
M16 sounds like a branch snapping taken up to a thousand
runs with weapon in both hands held in front of or below breast

Northern Forces:
Bandoliers
black/tan helmet with or without leaf camo or WELCOME TO THE RICE FIELDS hat
light tan uniform or black pyjamies, often with visible drawstring wrinkles and saggy pants
AK-47 makes a distinctive barking noise
runs with weapon in right hand by side

What it's the funnest class?
I love the Grenadier and Machine Gunner.
Sapper is also fun as fuck.
One time I was a sapper who picked up a MG and guarded E on Hue - next to the ammo dump. It was the best run ever

>that map was fun the first 5 times
Man, we had Hue City dedicated beta once. Only map you could play.

>Nor does the TL doesn't
>Get the out of
heh

t. not-TL
What a fucking retard.

Gooks burning.

youtu.be/9OoO8clxVEg

Let me float an idea. If the server has reserved slots why doesn't the browser show it as being fucking full to save me 10 minutes of trying to find a server that isn't being falsely displayed as being vacant.

Excellent argument.

It's not just reserved slots, it doesn't count spectators.

>played for 3-4 hours
>only level 4
How many hours until level 100?

It's not reserved slots. It's people currently in the process of connecting.

No reason why it shouldn't display it as full still.

There's a quick nade button

~150

Yes, "G". I'm saying rebind it instead of unbinding it totally.

>place a tripwire trap
>PRESS [HURR] TO DISARM
What's with this fucking floating text? Why would I want to disarm my trap and how would that even work from afar?

yeah it was a bug in the beta too but obviously a week long bug squash didnt target the glaringly obvious ones

disarming your trap means pick it back up

didnt mean to sage

>start a match
>not really doing that hot
>check scoreboard
>am in the top squad somehow
>next round starts
>still not doing great
>check scoreboard again
>got 25 kills
Where did those come from?

>place mine
>doesn't seem to be placed
>try again
>and again
>0 mines apparently placed
>now out of mines to place
wat

guys, why the fuck is there not a search and destroy mode? what's the point of creating a game about guerilla warfare with an enemy that could vanish in and out of thin air if they have to hold objectives? (which they didn't. american forces had to look for caches and bases, often underground from which they'd launch ambushes). it's a good game, and I love how it handles adding automatic weapons to the red orchestra formula, but there's just so much wasted potential.