Nissan thread

Guys its killing me, Ive never owned a nissan and have never driven a Z.
For some reason either the 350 or 370 calls to me, like a siren.
Anyone have experience or even blind opinions of them?
A 350z would obviously be cheaper and more manageable price wise, but i could sell my truck and finance a (used) 370z.
Help

also nissan general thread

Other urls found in this thread:

fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/d/zx/6292856348.html
pensacola.craigslist.org/cto/d/350/6271855662.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I saw a LS swapped 370 the other night. Shit was cash.

I'm the same way, I was always a bit on the fence because I know it's a bit large for a sports coupe, but after seeing a newer red 370z down at the local mall I've been in love. They seem like a sick option, the only downside is that a mustang GT is very close in price and the big v8 sounds better in my opinion.

I mean just look at those. The 370 is so much uglier than the 350 and the performance increase isn't worth the price hike

buy a g35 instead

have road tested both in manual
the 370z is a seriously nice car, dialed in like no other car I've driven, just really well refined
350z is similar, but from what i've heard from owners, come with a few occasional headaches

Yeah originally i thought "well the 370s are probably just a dream right now price-wise" but after seeing them in person its hard to say no.

I actually like the stout look of the 370, what do you mean by price hike? As far as i can tell, at least in my area, sure the 370 is expensive but they are also much newer cars.
Post 2005 350s arent real easy to come by, and newer 370s arent either but as far as going used its really just year/mileage right?

Any insight on those headaches?

BTW, any youtube vids discussing either of them extensively would be appreciated.
Would still love to hear from someone who owns either of them

Get a 2007+ 350z with low miles and save alot of cash OP, with leftover cash from similar 370 you'd get some good upgrades

Man servicing the 350 is a nightmare. The dipstick is the most stupid shit I've dealt with

Of course 370s are more expensive because they're newer, but here 370s are over twice as expensive as similar milage 350s and I don't think it offers enough features or performance the 350 doesn't for the price.

What's a good offer to make on this thing?

fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/d/zx/6292856348.html

iirc, they were mostly small mechanical issues
>crunchy shift between high gears
>drive shaft 'clicking'
>oil consumption issues
>oil leaks
>windows not sealing properly

pretty simple fixes, but you see where Im going

>friend bought 350z
>doesn't do his own work
>already 3000 spent in repairs

I just don't like them personally. I love the 300zx, but not the 350+

where the fuck is this? Id give him asking price for that mint interior alone.
"Everything works". Well fuck me im no expert but id nab that in a beat.
Im in love

thanks for the response, seems like small stuff and most vehicles would have worse.

I hear these are pretty reliable, sure he didnt just buy a lemon?
Of course hes going to spend an arm and a leg on shop repairs if he cant wrench

Hmm, this makes sense. I live in Mobile, AL and cant really find any manual 350zs that arent roadsters. I dont want a convertible.
Thanks for the advice though, really, i think you just swayed me.

you can look up forums to get a better idea

>doesn't do his own work
pretty much man, shops charge upwards of $50/hr, and they markup prices like you wouldn't believe.
they have big overheads so its somewhat understandable

Oh I know, It's why I learned how to do everything on my own car. He told me once how I was lucky I knew how to do all the stuff I do. Which I only know how to do because I spent hours reading about shit so I wouldn't need a shop except in cases of things I just can't replace.

350z's are heavy and slow

I also wanted one before I was informed about its limitations. Get an older Z

genuinely interested in what yall think of this.
pensacola.craigslist.org/cto/d/350/6271855662.html

A 2008 350z with astin martin "body mod" and 34k miles for $16k. Thats gotta be a little overpriced right? I have no clue what these trim mods are worth. Stock motor

Find fair value of the car, subtract what a new hood and bumper would cost, also labor to change it back to stock. That's what it's worth.

>early 00's
>300hp
>3200-3500lbs
>slow

>truck cuck
>financing a used boyracer model Nii-san

Adds up pretty well. They aren't driven gently so your used market is going to consist of fairly thrashed examples, especially the 350Z which has depreciated to the point where the lowest common denominator can run them into the ground and proceed to whine about "shitty Chinese build quality".

Where did he touch you user...
Tell us about your anger

>Rrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I've had my 370z for just over 2 weeks and I'm in love with it, got it with the 6 speed, highly recommend it, over here in Aus they come with nav and bose sound system with subs and heated seats as standard which I really love.

As an ignorant amerifat, does it get cold enough in winter to properly enjoy those seat heaters? I don't think I've even ever met someone from Australia.

T. Montanan.

Yeah look our winter here in Melbourne isn't crazy cold might get down to 5 degrees at the lowest but it's a nice touch, I'd like it in all the cars I have in the future to be honest, maybe even the steering wheel next

Ah that's pretty mild but I can certainly see how it's enjoyable. How is autstralia? I've never even considered visiting DESU

I've got an 03 6 speed touring 350Z with a VQ35DE with about 120k miles on the clock

what do you want to know?

Yeah man been here like 20 years out of 25 so kinda biased and don't really have anything to base it off but I'm loving life man, really stable here in like every aspect of life

Eyyy fellow DE-cuck.
I have the roadster so it's even more lame.

>DE cuck
so far I've got nothing but praise for this engine, care to explain?

The updated HR engine (2007+) is much better.

I've read the HR is better at drinking oil, dual throttle bodies also sound like a pain in the ass too

the DE has been reliable for me and what little wrenching it has required has all been simple, throttle response is great, it feels like it always has more than enough power if it's above 2k rpm thanks to the clever gearing of the 6 speed tranny

I've got some complaints with the tree fiddy Z but none of it is with this engine