Can we have a thread about SVT Cobras? Been really thinking about getting one...

Can we have a thread about SVT Cobras? Been really thinking about getting one, saw this one the other day and I have major hard on for it, problem is I dont know much about SN95s and what problems I should expect from them.

cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePage_false_0&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d352&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=&zip=34744#listing=182215765

I know the 2003-2004 "Terminators" are more desirable, but what is actually better about them other than a cooler looking body? Do they actually make noticeably more power anything?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmr.com/products/79-93-Mustang-Cup-Holders
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The 03-04s were supercharged.
Normal cobras (pre 03) were getting raped by stock camaros and firebirds so a year after they stopped making firebirds and camaros ford put a blower on their mustang and claimed they won.

>>I know the 2003-2004 "Terminators" are more desirable, but what is actually better about them other than a cooler looking body? Do they actually make noticeably more power anything?

They made like 400 WHP from the factory and over 500 with a pulley and a tune. With a bigger blower and an upgraded clutch you can push 800 wheel on the stock block. They're amazing.

Oh what the fuck I thought all cobras were supercharged, ok that is a pretty significant difference then. What makes a pre 03 cobra any better then a fucking gt of the same year then, they have the same 4.6l motor right? Is it just a mustang gt with a tune? The 99 cobra in the ad I posted doesn't seem so appealing now, especially for the price its listed at.

Get an 03 Saleen instead

While I love the way they look, I really can't justify paying the ridiculous pricetag that people put on these cars. Yes I'm sure they were amazing cars back then, but what they're valued at now is outrageous. You could get a far more comfy or powerful car for around the same price.

IRS.

4.6 2V (ass tier motor) vs 4.6 4V (best version of those old modulars, actually sounded good)

Pros:
>great 4V engine, even the NA ones. Lighter and stronger than the 2V.
>Great transmission
>Great rear suspension
>Cobras are cool

Cons:
>The rest of the car is still an SN95/New Edge Mustang
>Prone to body rust
>Double shit interior
>Unremarkable front suspension
>Flimsy exterior trim

99-04 GT
>4.6 SOHC V8 N/A = 250 whp (on a good day)
>28 spline SRA w/ 3.27's

99-01 Cobra
>4.6 DOHC V8 N/A = 300+ whp
>28 spline IRS w/ 3.55's

03-04 Mach 1
>4.6 DOHC V8 N/A = 300+ whp
>28 spline SRA

HOWEVER

03-04 Cobra
>4.6 DOHC Supercharged (Roots type) V8 = 400+ whp
>31 spline IRS w/ 3.55's

That's a shitty deal. You can get a Mustang ten years newer for $15K. Much better handling and stock power.

Not to mention the wear and tear on a 13-14 year old car. Also good luck finding any solid winter tires for this car, there's a reason people don't drive them in the winter.

That's exactly what I'm saying. The fact that people are demanding 15-25k for a fucking cobra is absolutely ridiculous, especially since you can get far better cars at that price

The car in the ad I posted actually appears to be in pristine condition, only 29,000 some odd miles and I live in Florida so I don't give shit about winter tires.

However like I said I thought cobra=supercharged mustang and now that I'm learning that was only 03-04, $15k seems awfully steep for an NA cobra, despite its great condition.

I'm not gonna lie my initial attraction to them was pure looks, I still think they look badass as fuck

I have an '04 GT, albeit with a lot more miles than that. The overall quality of the vehicle is East German.

I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean

Expect the termintor cobras to continue to appreciate. Those are definitely going to be worth something one day. They are already slow surpassing the older shelbys

They only "appreciate" among people who want that particular car. Anyone with any sense wouldn't even consider paying 18-20k for a fucking 2004 cobra, especially considering tyere are cars with far more power for that price. Plus at the end of the day, it's still a 13 year old car. It is GOING to need work and upkeep, I don't care what the seller tells you. But by all means go ahead and buy it if that's what you really want. I think it's a terrible purchase but to each his own.

terminators are stupid fast stock

>I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean

The build quality of any New Edge Mustang is going to be about the same as a vehicle assembled by forced labor in a communist country from the 1970s.

If that was the case why do i still see so many of these things running? Even if they were shit quality, the fact that harshly neglected examples of these mustangs are still on the road after years of being beat to shit means something.

My friend had that exact car. Same color and everything.

Personally I thought it was way too loud, uncomfortable, cheap interior, bad visability, heavy, clunky shifter, terrible gas mileage etc.

But hey he had smoking hot girlfriend and seemed to like it. If that's your jam go for it

Wow. I understand the price for the terminators (Even though it's still an inflated market) But I didn't realize even the cobras were still holding value like that.

Fucking trash. Buy a GT and swap the engine, you can get a new edge GT for $2500-$5k.

They have good engines and transmissions. The rest of the car is pretty shitty. The interior is literally the second-worst of any car I've driven. First being a 1994 base Saturn-something.

I've replaced more on my 2004 Mustang in one year than on my family's 1994 Grand Cherokee in 15 years that never even gets washed.

>The interior is literally the second-worst of any car I've driven. First being a 1994 base Saturn-something.

I see you haven't driven late 90s/early 00s GM then. Hell you don't even need to drive one, just look at pictures of F-body interiors and you can tell how shit they are.

say that to my face fucker not online and see what happens

You know I speak the truth. Dad's BMW E21 at 23 years old had not a single broken piece of plastic in the whole car while plastic pieces are breaking every time I turn around in my '03 C5Z.

That's not to mention the awful stock seats and heinous pillow for a steering wheel.

I legitimately don't understand how you guys are doing this, the only things I've broken in my 80s mustang interior have been from deliberate butchery since they were being replaced.

Do you have a 4 eye or an 87-93? I remember the the 4 eyes having less shitty interiors than the later cars, but I only actually owned an '89 and a '91.

I have an '89. The armrest was fucked before I bought it but the rest is fine and has survived me taking things apart to clean pieces and install a handbrake boot. Will probsly install an armrest delete and rig up some upholder contraption instead because I never use the thing anyway. I'm sure it looks like aids to most but visuals have never been a big interior concern to me, it's functionally laid out and almost everything works.

If by "upholders" you mean cup holders there are these things lmr.com/products/79-93-Mustang-Cup-Holders

Dunno how well they work though. I used to just jam my coffee between the parking brake and

...between the parking break and the seat.

I'm retarded.

No, I hate those things. They get in the way of shifting at times. I've used the pass seat and handbrake method myself, just tired of it. The idea is to delete the armrest with this and get some universal thing mounted to the flat spot with 3m tape.

Not much has outright broken in my GT interior, but everything it loose and wobbly and cheap feeling plastic. Probably was like that from the factory. It's so much worse than any normal car from the period. Something like a base Camry or Outback from the same year feels like a luxury car in comparison.

And the premium leather seats are garbage. No bolstering, poor support and headrests that don't go anywhere near your head.

They did not make 400whp from the factory.

Was going to say the same. My friend had one that made 340 who stock, after a pulley upgrade , exhaust and a tune (I think that was it) he made 490.

Also, an ex gf had an 04gt, it had the worst, squeakiest interior I've sat in.