/tfg/ - Titanfall General

The New Princess In Town Edition

>Lore, lewds & more
tfgeneral.com

>/tfg/-created Helpful Videos, Tutorials & Mods
pastebin.com/7U6BiSkn
syampuuh.github.io/mods (currently outdated)

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral

>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/445674/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' will bring it up in game for PS4; for PC, you have to join using the link, and for XBone, you need to request entry in the thread first.

>PSN Community
Search PSN community for "Titanfall General", request membership, and state you are from the thread. It helps us add you to our friends lists, and that makes stacking easier.

>News
Monarch's Reign Complete Patch Notes (inculding the quiet stuff): i.imgur.com/iohNh1B.png
FNN 15: respawn.com/frontier-news-network-05-23-2017-monarch-reigns
Monarch's Reign Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=rMeaxj8k_3U
Meet Monarch: youtube.com/watch?v=s85IrfMlBUA

>Titanfall Spinoffs/Side Projects
pastebin.com/5YngGgjd

>Doomed Thread:

Is Ion the most suited against a freshly dropped Monarch?

If Ion can fight Legion, she can fight Monarch.

Ion is most suited to fight any Titan not named Ronin.

I don't want to reveal my secrets but even Ronin is gonna have issues against an Ion using the 5 way split thing.

Then again it's the only one I've used, maybe I should try her other ones.

Post them titans

well it's not scorch.
>flank an unaware monarch
>two incendiary traps behind him and a spicy finger trapping him, walk forward with my heat shield.
>He split-second reacts
>Dash
>Dash
>Rearm and reload
>Dash
>Dash
I know most monarchs take overcore or smoke or whatever over extra dash but holy cow can scorch not catch them if they take extra dash.

Tone and Ion fared okay in my experience last night.

Scorch is great with thermal plating if you corner them, but if they can run they will get away.

MONARCHS ARE SHIT, PRAISE BEST BOY RONIN.
But seriously, I just killed like 6 monarchs by myself with a single ronin during the span of 5 minutes.

Also, does anyone know how to change the core names?

RYONA IDOL

Gotta go code-diving to alter in-game text.

That's not surprising, Ronin is broken and has no counter.

Reminder that Scorch has passed away.

Legion counters monarch pretty hard if he can get a clear shot. Ion beats Monarch and Legion both in poking. Up close Ion and Legion are evenly matched. Monarch has the edge over Ion up close.

Long live the Queen.

Friendly reminder that anyone bitching about Scorch's shield being worthless now is a shitter and not worthy of piloting big daddy. Leaning on the shield as a crutch was a poor decision and you should have learned to use the patrician's choice (wildfire) by now. You have no one to blame but yourself.

>Wildfire
>Not Thermal plating
I am the king of the flame.

shout out to romuloidus and whoever else it was that I stacked up with

sorry I had to leave during that ctf match on glitch ;_;

I love the gold skin but I also love prime Ion god daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

use gold skin with prime exec, best of both worlds

(you)

>ronin has no counter
*calls in legion with hidden compartment*

>hidden compartment
lmao just dodge or phase shift behind

*does a 360 and fires the second shot into you then dash to the side and activate my core*
Tell me, what is 70% of ∞?

Less than one bar of health apparently.

Even with sensor array.

I really don't like Ronin's voice

What's this TRUCC meme?

That's 90% of infinity, user

Even then you've still burned your entire fucking core negating Legion's and still lost the damage trade.

t. Gen 6 Legion, Gen 10 Ronin

Nobody tell him.

Trucc
This ronin didn't have their core up. THey just held out the weebstick for the full duration and layed into me when I was reloading.

why do people do this, with ronin and ion

just aim at them and keep it spinning. the second ion lets its shield down, BRAP. you can do it more or less forever. ronin has to stop blocking to attack. BRAP.

of course it's different if it's more than 1v1 or theres a pilot running around.

You don't need to know. Just change your profile picture.

And none of that prism faggotry, either!

It's during smart core that I'm referring to.

T R U C C

Anyone else think Volt's reload animation looks a bit weird?

Your parents thought you looked a bit weird, but they didn't tell the whole world that.

>when they replace all the trucks on multiplayer maps with TRUCC

TRUCCED

>Up close Ion and Legion are evenly matched.
lmfao no. Maybe in an open field if the Ion were legally retarded.
>Monarch has the edge over Ion up close.
I don't believe this, either.
It's easier to return their salvos from up close.
I keep a medium/close distance and strafe/use cover until they kill themselves using my vortex shield. I don't even have to think.
They MIGHT have an advantage when they're all upgraded and kitted out to deal with Ions specifically.
I eat factory Monarchs for breakfast, though.
Prove your (shitty) claims.

So the next titan will have the quad rocket gun, right?

Prism truck is best truck
Kys fag

If only there was a trucc emblem as well.

You know, I'm kinda sad that there are no new grind challenges for titans with each update. Would have loved to earn a new warpaint on each titan, or even new titan weapon skins.

I still have tone and ronin to get to gen 10, and of course monarch if I can ever git gud with her.

Next is ogre chassis.

HOLY SHIT MONARCH IS FUN

PEW PEW PEW

>imbglying he was ever alive

Very funny xD
Go kill yourself

>ogre chassis.
so Scorch without his backpack?

Sorry sir, next is my pal Archon with my long lost friend, the Arc Cannon. :^)

On it senpai, will keep you posted

A new titan should come in to be the second Ogre, and Scorch should be upgraded to Vanguard-class.

They're planning a big balance patch, right?

Scorch won't be utterly useless forever, right?

Supposedly they're going to have test playlists for new balance decisions.

>join an Attrition game
>120-350
>What the fuck
>Enemy team has 4 Titans, we have 0
>We do have 5 titans ready though
>Fucking none. NONE of my teammates call in titans
>They'd rather just camp on rooftops

Is there a free week or something going on or where the fuck did these people come from.

I guess all the slows came back when they heard about the new update.

Summer, man. It's all summer.

I think you mean downgraded

Anything but the absolute slowest Titan would be better than what it currently has.

Playing as Monarch-the first time I've played a non-scorch titan in months--it's amazing to me how easy it is to deal with Scorch. The grenade launcher does no damage, his range is puny, and I can dash out of his abilities with ease. No wonder it feels like I have to work twice as hard with Scorch.

Anyone know where I can get high-res versions of the game's banners? I've seen a couple of them posted here before.

Alright, I'm coming down from the monarch high just like I thought I would. R97 is still the best gun in the game.

I'll play for maybe a couple of days more but I'm just so sick of this.

ive felt this way vs scorch since i got gud with ronin. scorch really does need some reworking

This is how I feel about enemy Scorches as any Titan.

HEY THAT'S PRETTY BAD BUT YOU GOT POTENTIAL

look up some ace combat 3 technological lore, it really inspired drawings like these in me.

What do you want, a cookie? A trophy reading "#1 Jaded Faggot?"

Yes.

Sure, give it to me you obnoxious fuck.

Here you go.

>muh vortex shield
again, legion can just stand in your face and keep the minigun spun up, not firing. your shield has extremely limited uptime. as soon as it drops, BRAP. i can trade like this indefinitely.

Or I can drop my shield for a second or two and bring it back up as you start to shoot it

No, because I'll teleport behind u and shove my spicy finger up your colon.

This theorycrafting "I'm the strongest/no, I am" is the most autistic shit I've ever seen. If you wanna settle it, hop in game and test it out.

I've played a good amount of both and I want to emphasize this. I still think Ion is better 1v1 in most practical situations, but I can't count the number of times I come up to Ions just holding their shield up, while I just sit there and do nothing. They just keep doing it for several seconds without even trying to get to cover, then eat a power shot when it finally goes down.

That has more to do with player stupidity than anything else but it's not as straightforward as just "hurr I got vortex I win"

anyone notice that if you execute from behind(so far thats the only thing i can see that triggers it) as ronin prime, you will perform the regular ronin execution, and not the prime one?

Are you set to random execution? If not, that's an interesting.

i set it as the prime one. so far its only happened on monarchs i think. im playing titan brawl so its 95% monarchs all the time.

I bought the Northstar prime.

Ask me anything.

Where can I subscribe to your blog?

this is my blog

/unsubscribe

There is no escape user

A FUCKING SHITSCAN TITAN
JUST WHAT THIS GAME NEEDS

it's actually kinda hard to hit tiny pilots with the spread

Legion can't be the only hitscan Titan forever. And as says, it's harder to plink Pilots with it than you might realize.

It actually sucks at killing pilots.

Did Shampooh or anyone else figure out if those Holopilot executions are tracking yet or not? If it's gonna be 20 I want to get a headstart on that.

Accuracy is highly unreliable at goosing ranges. Takes about half a magazine to get an airborne pilot if you're lucky.

Ok total unsubstantiated theory here, but everybody and their brother uses the battery stealing ability on monarch, which forcibly overrides monarch's execution. Could something about that be overriding the animation for monarch being executed?

>doomed
>fighting an Ion with two and a half bars
>win

Monarch is pretty cool

you know, it's funny how many of us thought monarch would be FD only based on the concept, and yet now after playing her, I kinda feel like that is really what she was meant for at first and then they decided to throw her in to the regular game to draw folks in.

Think about it, you have kits for straight dps, aoe grunt killing/charging ai titan denial with maelstorm, taking out specific clusters of targets with homing missiles, and abilities to support others and upgrade/restore your health and shields.

All of this makes more sense for a pve titan than a pvp one compared to the others (even if scorch's area denial is sorta mute compare to the other's roles).

I've got a serious question
If Legion and Scorch were waifus, Who will be the most chuby/thicc?

What did happen with FD? is it coming in the future?

Legion
She needs to be big and meaty to carry all that ammo

You'd have to refer to BT's drawings on the booru for that.

Future, with our resident data shifters seeing evidence of implementations being done in the code for it.

legion would be more built/strong but still thicc, scorch chubbier

The extra dash on Monarch is actually way more essential than I thought it was
Not only does it let you stay alive longer, but it makes it much easier to get the battery executions

Prolly scorch she don't have to lug a bigass gun around
Mooscles aren't thicc tho

Legion is a muscle girl, Scorch is the THICC one.

All that functionality requires earning your cores first. Cores are a big deal, in general.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Legion is slower for what it's worth, which makes me think chubbier, but actual titan scorch is rounder. Make of that what you will.

Scorch translates better to having a round pudge to his belly imo. Legion is more swole. Both muscle but in different ways.