/emugen

/emugen
fuck the wiki edition.

Ask about the new xbo and switch emulators.

Mention retroarch and get a free 30 day ban!

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/6dph2g/the_ultimate_fate_of_mystical_ninja_64/di6h59r/
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page
github.com/libretro/beetle-psx-libretro/issues/85#issuecomment-303172703
twitter.com/ReRepRep/status/869996446291865600
patreon.com/posts/redream-new-up-10689626
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

RetroArch RetroArch RetroArch

What do I win?

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/6dph2g/the_ultimate_fate_of_mystical_ninja_64/di6h59r/

This shithole has been dead for ages now. emugen is beyond worthless. I cant wait for Veeky Forums to go under.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Mooch is an obnoxious cunt, I'm glad someone said it.

1500$ bounty has been reached folks
What new cores would you like to see?

PPSSPP oh wait.

what's notable about this log?

>$1500

Wat

Not an argument.

nice trips btw

New loganmc10 drama, with new wall of text, then our little dick sucker tries to stop SP before it goes even worse. Kick in that puny ass.

Thx user, OP is a faggot as usual

>our little dick sucker

It takes one to know one, doesn't it, Mr. Pajeet?

filtered

Cool.

>b-blocked
maybe Reddit is more your speed?

Why have a trip if you're just going to disable it whenever someone filters you?

>New loganmc10 drama
what happened? Is there logs? Geez, wish I was on IRC..

It's funny how mooch talks as if he's some bigshot. He likes to target those he sees as underneath him :) .

That's the problem with tripcodes. Nothing is preventing me from taking it off and pretending to be user. Therefore filtering is useless and autistic.

that really wasn't me btw

What happened to vib-ribbion guy?

Who knows, probably took a vacation from this shithole.

Fuck off, retards

I'm trying to get ePSX-R PGXP to run with PeteOpenGL2Tweak, but I keep running into weird bugs. I'm burned out, trying to fix them.

Can someone upload his ePSX-R PGXP folder, please?

Make me.

There is no drama, and it was already resolved.

Stop this BS.

PGXP is buggy. That's not new.
What bugs are you having?

What problem can you possibly have? "weird bugs". Post error codes (or prints), the configuration is very simple, nothing worth someone uploading the entire thing configurated. btw, someone should really upload the xqemu "ready to use", because I've followed all the steps and so far nothing

I you want nobugs then use mednafen.

Speaking of that, will PGXP for the libretro port get updated?

The fuck happened to the shader options in RetroArch?

>not use RA in a while
>now uses a shitty XMB UI
>can't see shader options anywhere

>she can't figure out a simple UI

github.com/libretro/beetle-psx-libretro/issues/85#issuecomment-303172703

>that jpg ass lookin sprite

ayy

Quick Menu > Shaders whike a core is loaded.

If you want the old menu back, then you can go to Settings > Driver > Menu Driver and change it to RGUI, then close and restart RA to apply the change.

You can switch back to RGUI, that's what I do.

Can I use anything higher than the native resolution in Mednafen (for Saturn)? And I mean MEDNAFEN, not the RA core

No.

>resolved

Then:
>some stuckup Canadian douche

Now:
[mupen/GlupeN64 libretro core]
20:59 honestly - only you is going to be able to fix that up in your wy
20:59 way*
>reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeespect
21:22 ‘well good thing I don’t charge for it'
21:22 you don’t get to tell that to me
21:22 not towards the guy who butters the bread in most cases
21:22 show some respect
21:22 and I will show you respect as well
21:23 < zermous> again with the respect reciprocation
21:23 < zermous> its weird

21:28 some stuckup nerd from Canada with a huge attitude problem

21:42 so where do we stand loganmc10?
21:42 we can still work together or not?
21:43 < loganmc10> we can, but like I mentioned, besides answering whatever questions you have, I'm not interested in doing any coding for mupen64plus-libretro

Result: Mupen64plus core will be updated by Squarepusher aftyer new PPSSPP core.

Currently, my audio and possibly video seems to randomly speed up.

>nothing worth someone uploading the entire thing configurated.
Why don't we have MEGA links with emulators that have everything set up (like including the BIOS) and preconfigured? The only reason other emulation sites don't do that is because of copyright stuff, but who cares about that on Veeky Forums.

But I'm used to the ePSXe interface and there's so much I'll have to set up every time to get mednafen to work, like the controllers and resolution. I also don't understand how to give mednafen a GUI.

>Why don't we have MEGA links with emulators that have everything set up
Because no one wants to maintain a bunch of different emulation setups every time one gets updated.

The wiki, which some shitposting retard didn't put in the OP, contains all the files you need.

Are you talking about the xqemu? Because I've used the files from there and nope, not working

>xqemu
what

>Because no one wants to maintain a bunch of different emulation setups every time one gets updated.
No one expects people to actually maintain them so that they are always up to date.
Why not just put out some stable, preconfigured emulators once a year? All it takes is for someone to upload a folder he has anyways.

Finding one guy to upload his setup for popular emulators once a year definitely is less of a hassle than maintaining the whole wiki. /emugen/ apparently can do the latter, so it's also capable of doing the former.

I the post I've made to him, I've said that the PGXP is simple and not worth someone uploading the entire emulator + plugins + configs, the configuration is simple. Now, xqemu on the other hand...

So, I made a quick .bat file after googling a bit in order to execute a certain game by simply double clicking it. It goes like this:
"ePSXe.exe" -loadbin "Crash Bandicoot.bin" -nolog -f -bios "SCPH-7001.bin" -nogui

But I have some doubts:
-Is there a way to hide the CMD window?
The "-nolog" command should be able to do it, but it doesn't.

-When I press the Esc key, the emulator doesn't close. The emulator's process still appears in the windows task manager and the videogame's music is still there, any way to deal with that? I'm using Windowed Mode, on Fullscreen it seems to work just fine.

How long have you been stalking him? Did you stalk any other devs?

Files on the wiki work just fine for XQEMU.
>Now, xqemu on the other hand...
Because of the HDD image needed, a preconfiged setup for XQEMU would be like 500MB. Not worth the time or bandwidth as it can run anything >1fps on Windows right now.

create a shortcut to the .bat, and in the properties f the shortcut, use the /min option.

>ePSXe

>1fps is enough to record gameplay (you can let the game running for some time and then speed up the footage). Maybe I'll wait a little more then, JayFoxRox is working on VirtualPC support when using the emulator (dunno how this can make it easier, but I'll wait)

Didn't mean to >, fuck me

>1fps is enough to record gameplay
It really isn't feasible to do so though. 1fps means it's running 1/60th speed, so recording 1 minute of gameplay is going to take you an hour.

You can config Fraps do record 1fps only (so there is no impact on the PC performance, I can use it for anything while it records), but I see your point. I guess I'll just wait until is a little more user friendly

SP must pay for his crime.

Got it, made a 2nd .bat with "start /min CrashBandicoot1.bat"and it worked.
Being minimized it won't bother me too much anymore, thanks!
And I actually kinda solved my other issue, apparently after using Fullscreen mode once the Esc key is now working properly in Windowed mode too.

I just realized though that I can't access any savestates I previously made nor I can make any, but they work just fine if I manually execute epsxe and my game inside of it, is there a way to fix that?
At least I was able to get the .bat to recognize my MC by adding "-loadmemc0 "\epsxe000.mcr", but I'd rather load from a savestate since it's faster, to be quite honest.

Bump.

>Haha. It's a crappy PC I built from super budget parts years back, and it was mostly old technology back then.

>The newest thing in it is the GTX 750 Ti, and that's a couple generations old at this point. :)

>It is a machine in which I develop on, but whether or not it is a development machine or not is up for debate. Hehe.

Details of the Dev machine have been revealed.

What is it like to be so pathetic that this is a highlight to your day?

Recompiling citra with graphite alone (no lto) is enough to get it from 14fps in busy scenes to stable 60fps with frames limited.
>there are people who think closed-source emulators are acceptable

You should use a shortcut instead. You can set flags in normal shortcuts.

I will take turtle over mooch any day.

Does PCSX2 support networking?

nah, are you serious ? Post the build, I've 3 games here that I can test

PCSX2 doesn't even support PS2 games

yes.

if nothing else gets in the way today
going to release RA 1.6.0 now
hopefully hunterk or somebody else can make a youtube video showing the new audio mixing feature

Fuck off with your dev drama.

>drama

What.

It's an announcement of RA 1.6 nothing more nothing less.

Not an argument

100% serious. Of course you need a graphite-enabled gcc and cloog for it, but:

CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS:
-O3 -flto=4 -ffat-lto-objects -floop-interchange -ftree-loop-distribution -floop-strip-mine -floop-block -ftree-vectorize

CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS:
-fuse-linker-plugin

Just remove -fuse-linker-plugin, -flto and -ffat-lto-objects to disable fto and keep graphite opts.

Can't you upload the build somewhere? I'm not exactly in conditions to build anything right now (that's ok if you can't)

I don't have a cross-compiler toolchain setup so no. I could try it out over the weekend though.

Ok, thx anyway. If you happen to compile the build, post here in emugen, I'm always around this thread

Guys, horizontalwarp or verticalwarp for muh CRT TV look? Maybe both?

A Trinitron.

twitter.com/ReRepRep/status/869996446291865600

>"Look at me I have poor standards"
>"Plz stop calling me out on it"
PSPfags are becoming worse than ZSNES fags.

patreon.com/posts/redream-new-up-10689626

Where is it?

Half assed like everything else libretro.

>You will see the core appearing on the buildbot soon.
SOON™

But it's not even on the buildbot

You mean like everything else emulation that isn't Cemu

I wouldn't call Cemu even half assed, there is no ass at all. Cemu = BotW emulator (and even BotW runs like shit)

So i just downloaded Madnafen.
Why does it not open

Do i smell some jelly decaf open source shitter talking?
Get some coding done on decaf and make t beter than Cemu, then you can talk shit.

t. retrobaby

Mednafen don't have an graphic interface, you place your bios and firmware files on the firmware folder and drag the rom (cue for CD based games) and drop on the mednafen.exe. You can also Google for some Front-End

>t.cantevenruncemu

At least the few games that run on Decaf don't run like shit.

>At least the few games that run on Decaf don't run like shit.
So? going all "Works on my machine™" does not make Decaf any better.
Cemu has got decaf beat, about time you open source shitters learnt that.

Flat is best. Curvature in the shaders invariably looks fake and adds aliasing to the phosphors.

Let's be fair user, both are shit. New project when?

the fuck are these crackheads talking about i had absolutely no issue with mystical ninja 64

Which games are those?

They are probably sounding off a about a pixel thats off out in the background that 99.9% of people cannot see or care about.
Last time ran MN64 I did a 100% run of it and found no issues.
But why should that very very small problem stop their autistic ass from making a fool of themselves online.

how does cemu 1.8.0b run botw does it still crash? where do i find a 1.8.0 compatible shadercache?

Yes it can still crash.

Make it yourself by playing.

Left one looks better

Not an argument.