Cadillac CTS-V

I wanna buy one, i watched all the reviews i found but no one talked about build ( and engine) quality and owning one for a long time. What should i expect? Talking about 2-3rd gen. Im not asking a redpill just wanna get info to help me be prepared when i buy one. If there are any owners here that would be ideal. (Im aiming for the 4 door sedan)

What engine is in there?

If you don't get the wagon you're a massive faggot.

Who wouldn't want the power hearse

Expect people to think you're black

2nd gens have the LSA.
It's a fucking great motor.

I wanted one for a while but I ended up getting something else mostly because I don't really like the way they look. The build quality of the cars is supposed to be very good, except for the seats which most people seem to hate. A lot of people complain about phantom rattles or noises in cadillacs but I owned an 08 V6 CTS and I never had any issues with the car (maybe because it was the only luxury car I had ever owned at that time). The LSA is a great engine from everything I've read.

>tfw you will never get the cts wagon

This, basically. I dunno if I'm just poor as shit but I feel like if you think you can afford this you're close to getting married (although we are on Veeky Forums).

The wagon is fucking dope, I chilled out around one at a cadillac dealer and it was amazing. The dealers apparently have them pretty often because nobody really buys them. There is way more space in the back than it looks like, you can haul loads of people AND their stuff, it's fast as fuck, and apparently actually handles really well. And not really well for a wagon, actually really well.

Seats were hella comfy, but I generally drive shitboxes so I don't really have a proper comparison. More comfortable than a C7 for sure, but everyone already knows that has a shit interiour. They don't really hug you, but it's also not really a track car, it's a sportier commuter.

It's a GM product, so expect poor fitment and rattling of the interior

>this you're close to getting married
The implication here was that bitches love wagons, I kind of accidently that entire sentence. People always joke about miatas being pussy magnets because they look cute, but wagons are the true unsung heroes of picking up qts. Although if you're in some sort of turbo wagon you also get a shitload of car guys who wish they'd bought one trying to talk to you.

Thanks boys, i appreciate the replies. Hearing the engine is good and no one mentioning any serious mechanical problems makes me feel good about my choice. Im saving every buck for this beauty.

I think Doug Demuro did a video on this.

There's not a single thing I like about it, it's blocky and pointy in all the wrong places, nothing lines up in an aesthetic way.

I feel bad for OP, cause it seems like he's serious about it.

>mfw my sonic only has one rattle and its only when i turn the bass way the fuck up.

shitty dirt roads dont even make the interior rattle

yea trust me i dont know how the fuck it doesnt rattle

Basically what said, it may be a Cadillac, but its still a GM product, so expect some fuckery. I haven't really heard anything about the 3rd gen since it just came out last year, but the 2nd gen seems fairly solid if its taken care of.

The most common problem people experience with the car is the seats getting loose on the mounts and rocking or just breaking. Outside of that the cars are pretty much rock solid. Not based on my experience, but from what I read while doing research prior to buying.

As I said I had an 08 CTS (non-V) and I never had any issues with the car whatsoever aside from the one time I brought it in to the dealership and they forgot to put oil back in it after draining it.

The 2nd gen is the most popular. Fantastic motor and performance, lots of aftermarket BUT they are quite heavy and the manual is shooting up in price faster than you think. Heavy shouldn't matter too much but if you want a real performance beast the lighter Camaro is probably the better way to go. The infotainment is worst in it's class but you should figure it out enough to use it as a radio. The automatic is a true slushbox. It absorbs a lot of the power and takes a little bit to downshift.

The third generation is now a full size car, competing with the m5. Before it was bigger than a 3 series, smaller than a 5. Not much heavier, much better chassis. BUT they made it automatic only and sedan only.

Op here,
All you talked about was design and it wasnt what i asked about. I think this doug guy can shove it up his ass since i doubt he understands much about design.
By sheer chance i actually work in the design industry and i think its design is really great in all the right places. Dont feel sry for me bro. i consider myself very picky with anything design related.

Solid info, thanks

I own one, a coupe. Has around 55k miles bought it around 30k miles Honestly get what ever format you like their all great. While I am not a fan of the wagon, their is something about it that calls your attention. Engine quality is great but they do burn a bit of oil specifically under boost. So if you drive it hard check oil once every few months. Interior quality is ok, there is a couple squeaks mostly from the center console area and a light one from the moon-roofs are the norm. The harder you drive the more squeaking their is. Seats are comfortable make sure to get recaros. Also not a lot of problems or maintenance, but it will be a bit expensive to maintain and drive no matter what. It still a 70 k car when brand new, still have parts and maintenance that show it even though their about 30k now. Mostly because it does have a lot of electronics that can go out and the mag suspension ecu,spark plug quantity and other wear and tear parts. I did front rotors and brake pads with oem parts and in parts alone sourced from amazon and ebay it was about $800-$900. Front brakes WILL develop a clicking sound, not a problem but it is embarrassing and to fix you will have to remove the rotors and use break cleaner and brush and clean contact areas from axel to rotor. Their is a tsb on it to do it yourself with pics etc.

Does the turd gen get the heat problems of the c7 z06

It's detuned so I don't think it's as common. There was a road test with a Hill climb and he had no issues.

Motortrend has atlease 2 head2heads with the ctsv
Think it lost to a jag though.

Their build quality is fine, the biggest issue is that they're just tacky. If you like the styling of it then more power too ya. I personally think they're designed for a specific demographic with an average IQ of 80.
The performance is pretty top notch, not much is faster or handles better aside from high end sports cars and supercars. Thtats definitely worth quite a bit. If the design overall fits your style of luxury then you won't find much to complain about.

They changed the design of the intercoolers and have them mounted in a slightly different position. As far as I know the Cadillacs and newest Camaro don't have any issue with overheating. Long term drive train reliability isn't something I'd bet on though.

Getting anything Jaguar these days is a huge gamble. The company isn't what they used to be, and its uncertain how long they'll even be around in the capacity that they are today. Their interiors have some questionable design choices and materials because they had to save money. Not what you want to see in premium luxury.