youtube.com/watch?v=51e0twJo1zU
youtu.be/imhBoE56OEs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

In the USA it is

Is this the low effort bait?

No rotary engines are the fedora of the auto world

>Manual
>Rotary

Nah, driving gloves are the automotive fedora.

Talking about driving Feelz, road connection, and standard transmission is beta faggot fedora shit

Automatics are for fedoras

this
the only relevant day to day metric is 0-60

It's the automotive mechanical keyboard

Paddles are the automotive fedora.

the MX-5 is the automotive fedora and stance is the automotive dragon dildo.

My brother and I argue over this all the time.

I just like driving a manual. I don't pretend that they are somehow objectively superior to automatics in any performance related way, those days are gone. I would say the only edge a manual has over an automatic is reliability/simplicity, but I feel today that may be subjective. Despite this, I absolutely love driving a manual. I have so much fun while doing it, it truly does engage you more with your car. I imagine because it is a necessity for the car itself to be the center of your attention; where opposed to an automatic, you can fuck a round with your phone while occasionally looking up to make sure you're not hitting anything.

We argue because he, essentially, calls me a luddite. Saying that I am mindlessly clinging to obsolete, outdated technology that is on its way out the door. While that may be true; I believe that he just does not understand and probably never will.

Correct answer. Or driving shoes

Automatics are for normies

I like clutch kicks, clutch dumps, and easy j turns too much to give up manual

That said, my wnter beater/commuter is an automatic

Yeah man I wouldn't be able to live without my morning clutch dump

>simplicity
You have never worked on an automatic transmission. And "playing with your phone" isn't a pro of having auto, since thats one of the surest ways to get into a fatal accident.

In most of the world autos are fedora. Everyone drives a manual apart from people in exec cars, though more Gen Z'ers are getting auto-only licences nowadays. Which is pretty tragic

Satan's right, as usual.

Manual gearboxes are the norm over here.

Not him but I've rebuilt a 4L60E and a Subaru 5 speed and I'd have to say the Subaru was easier. Fuck snap rings

This is what you're looking for OP

In the us I'd say it's more like being vegetarian.

If you truly enjoy it, and keep your mouth shut and let other people do what they do you'll be fine.

If however you do it for attention and think everyone should do it, well you are a jackass.

>Wearers think it's cool
>Everyone else uses it to identify dorks

Not really, most people don't give a rat's ass and most probably think manual is cool.

Driving gloves confirmed for fedora of automotive industry

Fucking dumb americans I swear
in the rest of the world everyone drives manual, even in luxury cars, fucking niggers

apparently this is

>You have never worked on an automatic transmission.

I get the sense you've never worked on a car before.

>Missing the nuance of my phone statement.

Fuck, do you even actually drive?

>this

everyone thinks im superior race car driver now

op wants to feel better about not knowing how to drive stick. no faggot, you should feel bad, the rest of the non american world knows.

t. Jealous fag who can't drive manooell

Driving gloves

Are Americans actually so oblivious as to believe autotragic is the rule rather than the exception anywhere outside their third world hellhole?

We invented the automobile you worthless mudslime, we make the rules.

What has your country done for the world?

Literally fucking nothing. USA 1 : Your shithole 0

No, butthurt autofags bitching about manual transmissions existing is

amerifat got triggered, lmao

This

>hurr durr ur triggered I was just trolling EKS DEE GAISSSS

Nice facade, it nicely reflects how your country is a literal joke.

Wow, an actual meltdown.
Take your pills, my man.

American anti theft device

See this is why everyone thinks americans are dumb.

stop embarrassing me

How good are 10 speed autos? Rather curious if they make cvt's kind of pointless, if they weren't already.
Not sure how they stack up with performance and efficiency and whatever else.

Wait, you need a specific license to drive a manual now? Isn't a drivers license enough?
>I live in burgerland by the way, so it might be different here

In many Euro countries you take driving lessons on a learner car, which is almost always manual. Passing your drivers test on a manual car gets you a regular drivers license.
However, if for some reason you're unable to drive a manual, you can opt for an auto-only license. Legally you won't be allowed to drive stick with one of these, but I remember hearing it converts to a regular "full" license after you renew it anyway.

>third world hellhole
Come on man, where you live is objectively worse.

>last longer (generally)
>cheaper to replace
those are the only things that matter to me

Most autos nowadays use automated dual clutch transmissions which can feather the clutch automatically and basically act like a CVT, just with a little more friction

Not as good as 10 speed manuals

Not everybody can be this heterosexual
youtube.com/watch?v=51e0twJo1zU

Real talk the most important measurements for normies are efficiency, utility, comfort, and safety in no particular order

youtu.be/imhBoE56OEs

>We argue because he, essentially, calls me a luddite. Saying that I am mindlessly clinging to obsolete, outdated technology that is on its way out the door. While that may be true; I believe that he just does not understand and probably never will.

but he's fucking right, you knobhead

driving a manual means I dont get a chance to play with anything other than the steering wheel and gearstick

go home nigger
the fastest cars in the world are autos
you manual fags are GTFO you have your own specials leagues now
"manuals only" "fastest manual _____"

What are you playing with in your car that you couldn't with a standard transmission? It's not like your hand needs to be on the shifter the majority of the time.

To the first point, people drive standard (in the US) to save money and because it's more fun. It's not about having the best technology. People that go for a weekend canoeing trip aren't luddites just because they decide not to strap a gasoline motor to the back of their boat, I don't see how this is any different.

Lol linedancer detected. Faggot can't into mansmissions.

Cars with manual transmission can be started with a dead battery from a roll.

nigger I don't drive my STREET car for laptimes and benchracing and chacing tenths. I drive my street car for FUN.

>What are you playing with in your car that you couldn't with a standard transmission? It's not like your hand needs to be on the shifter the majority of the time.

thats was I was trying to get at with his post. driving a manual doesnt stop someone from playing with their phones

also fair enough, I have nothing agaisnt manuals until their owners start porating them as 'the best thing ever, OMG!'

like what you like and ill like what i like.

>stop liking what I dont like....faggot
senpai kys, desu

I dont look at track times when it comes to cars, to me its about being as comfy as I can afford

now go money shit into a ravine.