/owg/ - Overwatch General

NEW MAP IS ON PTR

COMPETITIVE SEASON 5 STARTS MAY 31 AT 5:00 PM (PT).
ANNIVERSARY EVENT ENDS JUNE 12.

>New Assault Map: Horizon Lunar Colony
youtube.com/watch?v=91nfDfnGCB0
youtube.com/watch?v=PY3gN7v8Ehg

>Anniversary event page and item tracker
playoverwatch.com/en-us/events/anniversary/
js41637.github.io/Overwatch-Item-Tracker/#/events/ANNIVERSARY_2017

>Latest PTR PC patch notes
playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20812212

>Latest live PC patch notes
playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc/

>Overwatch Dev Tracker
overstalk.io/

>Hero tips, tricks, and basics
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R

>Source/Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal Stats / Leaderboards
overbuff.com/
masteroverwatch.com

>eSports Info and Contenders League
over.gg/
gosugamers.net/overwatch
overwatchcontenders.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13082914
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

New Torb buffs when?

>Play reaper on ptr

>Already feel like at one point I wish enemies dropped a soul so I could heal faster

If you arent at full health killing a 200 hp target is just 40 health healed if you kill them alone. I dont think it matters much apart from against tanks

Most heroes have only 1 line when using the telescope, but Junkrat has 2

Slutty skins when?

they remove widowmaker from the game
what happens

Bleu

>BILLION dollar franchise
>30 MILLION copies sold
>make a shitty low res looking earth

JESSE GOT A QUICK HAND

Oh so you mean Reaper is actually supposed to prioritize tanks like his fucking role is meant to be anyway? Huh weird.

>Nerf Reaper
>Nerf McCree
>Buff Roadhog

What the fuck Blizzard

Here comes T.Racer!

REMINDER THAT GENJI LOVES TO LICK MCCREES DIRTY BUNGHOLE CLEAN

>bottom middle isn't blue
Fuck outta here.

*flicks blade in your face*

Mada mada.

>"Content is tentative and subject to change - what you see below may not reflect what eventually gets pushed to live servers at the end of the cycle! Manage your expectations accordingly."
>People still think whatever gets put on the PTR is law

xD

Chu's master plan for Gabe and Jack is not bad.
It's not bad writing and certainly not an ass pull.
There has been plenty of build up.
It fits in the story.

The biggest issue with the lore is the rate at which it's produced. That's it. And it may never be fixed.

>mfw kids cant oneshot hook-cheese their way to Master anymore

Without headcrits the hook-shoot-melee does ~205 assuming every pellet hits
WITH headcrits the hook-shoot-melee does ~380 assuming every pellet hits the head
With this in mind on average as long as you can aim directly in front of you and melee afterwards 200hp heros will still die. The problem is with many heros having a method of getting away from hog before he can melee. The nerf is in the fact he no longer does as much burst. His sustained damage is almost the same though and since RMB is still all about headcrits anyway its stronger then ever with the higher fire rate.

Also an increase to rate of fire means you can catch most mobile heros after they do whatever jump they have so its not like genji living after the combo is all that big of a deal. Its a nerf in the sense it takes more effort to kill things but you can still kill things.

pfffft. good mccrees look out for Genji. you dumb

>99.9% of ptr changes make it through
>dont panic guys xD

This is a dude, right?

Like, his build is obviously masculine and he looks pretty jacked, but that fucking FMA tattoo is in the girliest spot.

>Lucio on defence
Someone pls explain this meme to me

feeding enemy ult posters need to leave

And good Genjis look out for McCree.

McCree + Hanzo is going to be meta on Season 5
Hide behind your team's Barrierwatch have heals, solid DPS, it will be impossible to take them down in semi-unorganized solo queue

You retard, I just explained why a meatshield doesn't work in overwatch.

>Ally support ult charge is worth the ult charge all enemies dealing damage to roadhog
No and that's why a meatshield wont work in overwatch as a tank. It's free ult charge for the entire team even if you're gaining a little from healing the "tank"

how can i earn money shilling for blizzard / ubisoft etc?

you could never do that in the first place dude...

Gabe is back baby!

My issue was never that he could instagib people out of position. My issue was he was allowed to have a alt fire that did bullshit damage when he is a tank with a self heal

>lucio in any game

Why do people pick this garbage hero?

>the main conflict between two characters is a gay hissyfit
>Blizzard is going to make their casual advertising character gay. Call of Duty man, the All-American man is going to be gay

Chu is bad for business, they need to fucking gut him out of the writing team and go back to writing shitty fucking WoW quests.

>moon base taken over by gorillas
did Blackwatch invade Iran?

Yeah Reaper is not godlike against 200/small hitbox heroes and can actually stick and push tanks now.
That's what he's supposed to be doing.

Tank = the hero is tanky

Everything you read into the word beyond that is on you and not the label. Roadhog is obviously tanky with his 3x normal health and high self healing.
>b-but a tank has to have..
No.

the previous passive didnt do fucking shit, if you kill enemies that means youre winning the fight and you are already getting healed by your healers anyway

the new passive helps at accomplishing the hardest part, killing an enemy in the first place

>Seagull keeps crashing

Was PTR always this crash and memory leak prone?

>game is amazing from most technical standpoints — character models, environments, effects, voice acting, sounds etc
>guns sound, look, and feel like toys, without exception

lmao at urf appearing that large on the sky

unrealistic and literally unplayable

strawpoll.me/13082914
strawpoll.me/13082914

strawpoll.me/13082914

strawpoll.me/13082914

strawpoll.me/13082914

>Scatter Arrow: All 6 arrow fragments must ricochet at least once after the whole arrow hits a surface in order to deal full damage.

There, fixed. Now it can't be fired at people's feet anymore but can still be used to clear rooms.

>little healing
Can you make it more obvious that you don't play support? You can get nearly half your ult off of pocketing a tank at low health. Do keep having opinions about how people should play heroes you never touch. It's a riot.

New map is utter fucking garbage.

Speed boost is the one thing Lucio provides that literally nothing else in the game can give you

Bear hero when?

>not flat

genji vs mccree is one of the best matchups in OW, both kind of counter each other and it's very skill based which one will come out on top

OH BOY I CAN'T WAIT TO GET STALLED FOR 100 YEARS ON THE SECOND POINT AND MERCY REZZING PEOPLE FROM SPAWN

>Gabe and Jack reunited in the meta in your life time

It's a good thing the calla dooty faggots that see S76 and get interested in the game are also the ones who don't read the comics or give one shit about the lore. Just like Jack's awkward bullshit isn't in your face either. It won't change anything.

Reinhardt is already in the game

But Reaper always has been Tracer with sightly less skill and better ult

New map is great, chokepointposters btfo

After playing Quake Champions I did an 180 on my opinion on gun sounds in Overwatch.
They are amazing in comparison.

But now you get to do it in low gravimeme!

Finally an adequate nerf to Roadhog.

Mei is a tank then by your logic then?

If you want to be retarded and think he's a tank just because he's under that category go ahead. When in reality he fits more as a dps because a meat shield is a poor tank choice in overwatch with how ult charge is earned.

Fareeha

>tfw the team has huge """lore""" plans for her

>literally most picked hero in the entire game by far in pro play

Isn't moon map just Hanamura 2.0?

DUDE

or just remove it entirely

You can reliably control spawnpoints exits from high ground

She was a child prostitute. She enjoyed it.

No choke points.

They fucking ruined Roadhog. He used to be a high risk high reward character, and if you missed your hook you were wide open to get fucked. But now he's just another middle of the road boring ass shit character with no depth whatsoever. Just M1 to your heart's content, all of you retarded fuckwads. Blizz knows you brainless monkeys willl eat it up.

If these changes go live I will literally kill myself.

>Let's remove all the chokepoints and make the map so absurdly fucking big that it's a Widowmaker wetdream

Enjoy playing Overwatch without him for 1 to 2 months when they buff him again because he fell into trash tier.

WEED

>1 support ult charge
>Or 3-6 enemies damaging roadhog ult charge

YES you will get ult charge from him, but compare that to the total amount of charge the enemy team gets from his is stupid.

There's utility tanks and durability tanks, get fucked

More Hanzo and Genji. Widow mains kill themselves in Paris.

Your issue is that you worry too much about the label. They're just there to sort the heroes. I wouldn't really care if they moved hog to defense since it means literally nothing.

no it's this new update and it's been already widely acknowledged, i'm expecting a hotfix at any moment

>the team has huge """lore""" plans for her
What? Source?

you play Tracer? I can still one shot you slut.

Yes. Team damage boost is not worth an ultimate charge when Orisa, a tank who is designed to hold a space, literally cannot hold a space.

MEMORY LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAKS

You can still 1shot 200hp chars senpai. Its ok, just breath.

Translated: Roadhog was either busted in a good player's hands (always picked over offense heroes at higher levels) or terrible in a shit player's hands

That isn't good game balance

looking at pharah legitimately makes me sad, she's so cute

>>both kind of counter each other
>every Genji ability is tailor made to cuck every McCree ability

> if you missed your hook you were wide open to get fucked.

Or, y'know, have 4 instakill shots ready in the form of you M2.

You know how to hit those right user?

She is half leaf. so huge

>better ult
not really

in high level play especially eliminating one key target instantly is better (because in high level play teams know how to push a sudden 6v5 advantage) than merely decent AoE damage that requires the reaper to be in middle of enemies

Guys, I've got a big problem, I have extreme ladder anxiety, losing feels 10x worse than winning feels good.

If I suck 1 game and I'm the reason we lost, I get so depressed it actually ruins my day.

I got around 70 sr season 1.
I placed in plat last season, first game I played I chocked on the biggest cock ever and lost the game.

How do I fix my autism?

>just breath
>breath
>tryhard witty post turned into shit because retarded poster is retarded

should be fixed soon enough

That's fine. I'm not concerned with the perspective of one hero. The game as a whole will greatly benefit from this change.

>He used to be a high risk high reward character
You caused me physical and psychological pain

I haven't played this game since the Year of the Cock event. Could somebody provide a quick rundown on what I have missed?

>Waah I can't shitpost about chokepoints anymore! Wtf Blizzard stop making maps suitable for all kinds of heroes

Tf2 cucks forever btfo, go charge ubers for 30 minutes to pass engie nests

They don't have to read the comics, if they ever make 76 gay it'll be all over the internet. Your average Call of Duty fanboy (which Blizzard wants because they are a huge demographic) is not going to want to play as a gay man. Chu is bad for business, plain and simple.

>if you missed your hook you were wide open to get fucked

Since fucking when?
Sit at long range, throw a hook whenever possible, and spam right click.
How the hell was he ever "wide open" unless you ran into left click range on purpose?

You're also retardedly wrong and he's been buffed a shitload but I don't want to explain this for the 50th time.

>favourite characters are D.Va, Zen, Ana and Sombra
>D.Va is a fan favourite but has basically no extended story presence outside of her backstory and no real affiliation to major story characters
>Zen has basically no extended story presense outside of his backstory
>Ana is central to the core organisation so shows up a ton and gets tons of story
>Sombra has ties to major story characters through Talon but because she has no ties to Overwatch itself and is a wild card she's not getting much (Castillo was nice though)

Its worse but DUDE SO MANY SKINS.

>>Nerf McCree
how do you even come to this conclusion

No

Do it yourself you lazy fuck