Convince me not to buy an E350 diesel Veeky Forums

Convince me not to buy an E350 diesel Veeky Forums.

>Glorious tank like build quality
>indestructible Mercedes diesel engine
>Glides in supreme comfort yet can turn like a smaller sports car
>rear wheel drive
>400 lb-feet of torque
>6.5 0-60 time
>hybrid-like 30mpg

Other urls found in this thread:

caranddriver.com/reviews/mercedes-benz-e-class-review-mercedes-e350-diesel-test
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Depreciation, maintenance and it has the awful steering column shifter stalk

>where should we place the adaptive cruise control radar?
>HOL UP, I'VE GOT IT SENPAI

mercedes

>Depreciation
I'm planning on running it till it dies
>Maintenance
Oh wow the oil costs $30 more every 4 months and I have to buy a $20 filter cap removal tool. Vry expense.

German cars being expensive to maintain is a fucking myth that dealers use to exploit consumers. I've been maintaining a C-Class that's hitting 200,000 miles with now problems on less than my mom uses maintaining her CR-V.

I can really never understand why people buy a $70k luxury car then get it with a diesel. Why are you spending that much on a car if you're kike'ing out on fuel costs? Because you're a brandwhore... But then you're buying a poser, tryhard model that will be looked down upon by others that can afford the higher end models.

>I'm planning on running it till it dies

That's not how modern luxury cars work but okay. Better tell those wealthy, well off people how stupid they are for leasing theirs.

Because there isn't another rear wheel drive car that offers similar performance, reliability and comfort. The only car to come close is the GS450h, and those are very hard to come by used.

Buying cars for what other people think about them is fucking cancer. If you're buying a Mercedes to make a statement, you probably live in some Eastern European/Arab/South Asian shithole. In the developed world they're middle class family cars.

I thought it is where you put your transformer's emblem.

My dad has 154,000 miles on his diesel ML. No problems yet so far.

I often see cars with 300,000-500,000 mileage that still run fine

>German cars being expensive to maintain is a fucking myth that dealers use to exploit consumers. I've been maintaining a C-Class that's hitting 200,000 miles with now problems on less than my mom uses maintaining her CR-V.

You could just be lucky there. I don't know about the problem in the US because I'm from Germany, but even here Mercedes is the most expensive brand in maintenance. I recommend BMW or Porsche, seriously

smoother for long drives

Yeah, And how much was spent in maintenance over those years? """""some"""" German cars can be reliable as their Japanese counterparts if you get a good one, Which is pretty rare. The majority are lemons that will rape your wallet especially after the warranty is up.

This is going from my experiences in life which is probably too anecdotal for the spergs here.

>diesel sedan
triggered
you are literal kike that hates fun get e/c 63 or fuck off if u have that much money

Yeah I have a 10 year old bimmer and it runs perfectly, I don't care if the oil costs a bit more or whatever. Whenever I pass by the indy german shop here it's full of mercedes cars.

Funny enough my mom also has a crv like the other user and our cars both only need routine maintenance.

I used to be a tech at a dealership and do my own maintenance so other than the cost of buying oil, filters and other consumables, there isn't really a big hit to my wallet regarding maintenance. Mercedes don't seem to be prone to failure, parts and maintenance items are simply more expensive. I'd go so far as to say they're the most reliable of the German brands, along with Porsche.

Mercedes, Porsche, BMWs (non V8) and Opels (we get many here sold as Buicks) don't seem to be any less reliable than Jap brands as far as I can tell. VW and Audi seem to be the only German marques here that shit the bed regularly. I don't understand how VW/Audi are known for reliability in Europe. Or why people claim BMW or Mercedes are unreliable. That's always confused the shit out of me.

I didn't claim Mercedes to be unreliable, but it's more expensive becaue - as you said - the parts are expensive

0-60 in 7.2 seconds for the diesel
6.5 for the gasser.
Dumb fuck

Because theirs a new tvr coming out

>mercedes newer than 1995
>build quality
unless you live in some shit like spain that fucker will rot to shit
a diesel doesnt glide with comfort, you will hear rateteteteteetete everytime you start a car unless it has under 5k miles.

i fyou are planning on running it till it dies, don't get a fucking diesel. You will get rekt by all those filters, dpfs, emission shitters that will fail and rot up.
also depends how you like to drive- diesels like staying on a highway at a constant speed.
if you are driving in a city and you often turn it off/on, you like to push it, diesel will die.

caranddriver.com/reviews/mercedes-benz-e-class-review-mercedes-e350-diesel-test

7.2 seconds 0-60.

That is not fast and not something that you should be proud of. For a 4200lbs car it will get out of its own way but yeah, my stock 2015 1.8t jetta was slightly faster 0-60.

So, congrats, your expensive German luxury car is officially as fast as a German economy car.

Honestly, this,

A used high end luxury diesel is not something you want in your life. Especially not in the long haul.

I don't even see the point of the massive torque, it's not like it's a truck and it certainly isn't fast.

But I guess you gotta motivate its fat ass somehow. Weighs as much as my AWD Explorer.

All mercedes cars are morbidly obese, this one just suffers more from it because of its weak diesel engine

Not unless you find a low-mileage 90s one. Merc diesels past OM606 have gone to shit big time.

Get a w204 instead

Been driving the om642 in the ML for five years now (currently >120k km) and never had a single problem with the engine or the car at all except for a blown valve on the air suspension. That's just a single case but I only heard of problems with those engines from people who don't know shit about cars.
The pre-2000 diesels are confirmed godlike however. There are a lot running way over 300k km.

>diesel car

Remove the following
Dpf
Egr
Cat(s)
Swirl flaps
Pcv

Go for a tune and reflash and enjoy superior mpg and power

>DPF filter that will get clogged
>Have to fill it up with piss
>Turbo will eventually need replacing
>Injectors will eventually clog up
Modern diesels have good fuel economy but it's a trade off for higher costs of buying and more expensive servicing when things go wrong, unless you do a ton of driving stick to petrol tbqh

Are you retarded ? Common rail injectors are a bitch. Get the regular gasoline one. You'll be able to actually rev up the engine.

>30mpg
Not even close

>not removing the emission bullshit

Because filling up twice a week in the middle of winter gets real old real fast

Literally the same engine as the Sprinter vans though, and people have run those well into the millions of kilometers range. Only big issue is the adblue system which people remove anyway

Nothing looks more pathetic than a old Benz on the road get a chevy

Nothing looks more pathetic on the road than a chevy

bump