Realistically, what are the chances?

Realistically, what are the chances?

Other urls found in this thread:

wheelsmag.com.au/news/1709/mazda-rotary-its-officially-happening!
jalopnik.com/of-course-mazda-is-still-working-on-their-new-rotary-en-1802144895
gearsofbiz.com/mazdas-new-swan-wing-door-patent-isnt-exactly-helping-its-no-new-sports-car-claims/38326
blog.caranddriver.com/new-spin-mazda-files-patent-for-new-gen-rotary-engine-heres-what-it-tells-us/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

High, I just think Mazda's fucking around with the other car makers becuase they think they're onto something.

99.99% at this point

Mazda has confirmed that there will be a rotary powered car soon (by 2020?).

On top of this, Mazda has also patented several things that would only be used in a (rotary?) halo car, like custom doors. Also, there have been rotary patents uncovered filed by Mazda lawyers patent attourneys recently, so it is almost certain that we will get an RX car in 2020, if not even sooner.

That is, unless Mazda gets absolutely fucked somehow, i.e Great Recession Part II: Electric Boogaloo, even then, we would (eventually) get a successor to the RX cars.

Sources:
wheelsmag.com.au/news/1709/mazda-rotary-its-officially-happening!
jalopnik.com/of-course-mazda-is-still-working-on-their-new-rotary-en-1802144895

Sleep tight brapper

>Mazda has confirmed that there will be a rotary powered car soon

A rotary acting as a supplementary generator for EVs.

Low. They can't figure out how to deal with the ever increasing emission standards.

Who am I kidding. If the Miata RF is over 40k in Canada, a new RX is going to be well above 50k. Everywhere else they're decently priced but a Miata here is Mustang GT money.

This would be perfectly fine. A beautiful rotary sports car with north of 400 horsepower and a similar amount of torque would be a fantastic deal for any price under $100k burger bux

Sleep tight brapper

Sleep tight brapper

I honestly wouldn't hold them to their "2020" statement, only 100 engineers are assigned to the project and there's no way they'll put a rotary sports car back on the market until the emissions problem is 100% solved.
Mazda knows they have little room for fucking up and right now current investors aren't particularly stoked with them spending R&D money or resources on an engine that has no guarantee of returning investment.

hydrogen cell rotary would be it's best chance.

BRAPing with the most common element in the universe sounds cool.

Why do you fuckwits do this?

To receive wet dreams and barrels of oil, retard

>On top of this, Mazda has also patented several things that would only be used in a (rotary?) halo car, like custom doors.
Please elaborate, I'm intrigued.

Who needs it when theres a new TVR?

god forbid

gearsofbiz.com/mazdas-new-swan-wing-door-patent-isnt-exactly-helping-its-no-new-sports-car-claims/38326

Here's the door patent.

I'm pretty sure that they patented a few other things, excluding the new rotary with forced induction (SkyActiv-R?), but I can't be bothered to look for anything more.

Sleep tight brapper

sleep tight brapper

With that a low hood, next to none.

blog.caranddriver.com/new-spin-mazda-files-patent-for-new-gen-rotary-engine-heres-what-it-tells-us/

Sleep tight brapper

>400 ft/lb rotary

I thought school started back up?

lol you sound fun

Turbo rotaries make as much torque as horsepower.

1/1

I mean, it's a small team working on the new rotary and it's had a bad rep for oil and fuel consumption. It just seems like they still have a lot of work to do to get it to modern EPA standards. Which I'm guessing involves more than just mechanical emprovements, but electronic ones too. And that would take a lot of r&d time. If it's even possible.

Imagine rotary + skyactive-X

The (((EPA))) would stop ruining automobiles.

Even if we don't get a rotary, the announcement at least means mazda is thinking of building a higher-end sports car.

That's good news for everyone.

They've been open about using a single rotor (smaller than the 12a's rotor) as a range extender for an EV, but they're trying to stray away from EV as they think they've really caught on to something with their compression engines, and depending on the sale for their next rotary sports car, they might reinvest that money into their R&D for a rotary hydrogen car.

Honestly, one of the biggest issues with dorito engines is flame propogation in that long ass combustion chamber. That's why they used to run 2 plugs. From what I've read, their hcci could probably fix that.

sleep tight brapper

Sleep right brapper