Hid problem

So im trying to get some HIDs working and im completely stumped. Only one side will work at a time. Both bulbs are working. Both ballasts are working. Both sides of the car are working. However, no matter how many combinations of switching the ballasts/bulbs/location, only one bulb will light up - the one that is plugged in first. The second bulb, regardless which one or which ballast or where its plugged in - buzzes and flickers for a split second before doing nothing.

Any idea what the feck is going on here? Car is a 96 maxima if that makes any difference. Checked all grounds and wiring multiple times and cant figure this god damn shit out. Why is only one side working at a time if all the parts work, the grounds are good, and the wiring is fine? Is it a voltage thing? I am so fucking confused why this shit aint working.

>pic related, what im trying to install

keep the stock headlights faggot.

Make me faggot nerd. HID bixenon projectors shit on old ass halogens.

Anyone got ideas?

Anyone

kys

Problem solved ;^)

Your issue will be amp draw. Both ballasts need a shit load of amps to fire up, and if the supply cable isn't big enough (ie; standard halogen wiring loom), usually either one ballast will have enough to "strike" and the other one won't.
I'll bet that after 20-30 seconds after the first lit globe warms up and amp requirement drops, the other will strike.

Tl,dr; upgrade your positive feed.

Turned out one of the bulbs was failing. Even though i tested both bulbs multiple times and they both worked, that one ended up not working at all. Idk what the deal was but that was the issue. Luckily i have spares collecting dust and those worked just dandy.

FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKING FUCK

You fucks are all over Florida. You buy aftermarket lights AND NEVER FUCKING AIM THEM. Fuck off and die in a fiery wreck when someone in the opposing lane is FUCKING BLINDED

>17843965
Considering this guy actually knows what a ballast is, I bet his headlights are aimed better than yours you 'FUCKING FUCKER FUCK FUCKER'

Nigger i literally just installed them chill the fuck out. I didnt go through all this bullshit just so i could see whats going on in the tree branches above me as i drive. Obviously im going to when i get the chance. Fuck.

>all over florida

Not for long ;^)

Anyone that wants HIDs will eventually come to learn about what a ballast is.
>I bet his headlights are aimed better
Also read above lol.
>Going to
When I get around to it

I aimed my halogens up, just to piss you off... and because RHD lights... now I can see animals in the ditch better.

Getting a RHD car the next month wonder how pissed oncoming traffic will be

What did you do?

Fucking idiot nigger do you not see its dark out i just fucking put them in. I spent hours trying to figure out why the bulbs werent working im sick of dealing with headlights for today. That shit can wait til tomorrow.

See
Still need to wire in the bixenon solenoid or w/e the fuck its called. Basically what moves the slide in the projector to make it go from low beam to high beam. Didnt even bother plugging in my halogen high beams because theyre total ass. Ill probably use some of my spare HID bulbs for those (((when i get around to it))) because i dont have diodes and shit handy to do the wiring that allows all the lights to be active at the same time. The bixenon wiring should be much simply though, just need to splice new connectors onto the HID harness since the existing ones dont match my projectors (fx35s).

Anyways have a pic of my old headlights. The ones i put in today are the exact same but retrofitted with projectors. Ignore the lip, just a mockup photo for when i was selling it.

hey op
i cant help you because im still on the stock glass/projector housings
but i also own a 96 maxima

>projector
i was thinking of standard reflector housings and i wrote that
scuse

What mods you got going on with that thing? I can see you got spacers and wheels and what looks like coilovers. Always good to see another max owner, seriously underrated cars.

Next little project of mine is tuning the POS. Have a DE-K motor and a VAFC2 + wideband but my sensor shit out and i havnt gotten around to putting the new one yet. Never tuned anything before so it should be interesting.

>old totalled max and the freshy fresh one i currently own

I can understand why you want those headlights but

1. They rarely work after a few years
2. Condensation builds up
3. The light output isn't much better than OEM
4. You look like a silly high schooler
5. It actually lowers the car value
6. The "nice" packages are expensive

No spacers, 18x9+20 wheels though. Lowered on coils, TWM short shifter, intake, side exit straight pipe 50/50 tails, gutted trunk and rear seats because lol no friends. Its my daily beater

My lower rad support is rusty as fuck where it meets the subframe and my gearbox feels like trying to stir a bucket of pulverized concrete. I also have front end suspension work I need to do. Also trying to resist the urge to buy a y-pipe and cat delete for like $200 so i can gain that 20hp in the top end. Bought this heap for $1200 but I wish i had a parts car

For 125k miles its not bad but this entire car is taunting me to dump money into it. However, I really want an mr2. Its such a good car, and extremely underrated as you mentioned. There's just issues with it that make me want to focus elsewhere. Still, I shill for it every chance i get, because for the money i'd be hard pressed to find a better car.

Thats dope that you've got a de-k though. Any plans for it other than a swap and a tune?

Sounds dope, idk why but your wheels looked like they are spaced. Lower rad support is a living fucking hell to replace. Or rather, taking the old one out sucks cock because theres something like 24 spot welds on each side you have to grind/drill out and they are all over the fcking place in the most difficult spots. Once its out though its cake, you dont need to reweld at all. Just make sure you buy OEM because aftermarket supports are paper thin.

Do you have 5 spd or automatic? Def worth doing a 5 spd swap if you dont have one, totally different car. 100000% recomend getting the y pipe (warpspeed), the difference is fucking huge and for ~200$ and 8 bolts to swap it in its a joke. Literally the best mod for these cars hands down. Cat delete i used to have but i didnt like the exhaust note, it was really obnoxiously loud and raspy. However i got cattman headers/ypipe, magnflow cat, and a greddy sp2 catback exhaust - if you have only a y pipe and cat delete/test pipe it would probably be ok.

125k is baby. Mine is only at 142k. Has a timing chain rattle but fuck it, you can swap in a new engine for the same price to fix that shit. Going to ride it til it blows.

As far as future plans, i have none lol. Everything is done to this car but boost. I have wheels, spacers, bc coilovers, replaced entire front suspension + axles, polyurethane motor mounts, the DEK motor, VAFC2 for tuning, 50/50 tails, the r34 retros i put in today, intake, a sick headunit and a JL stealthbox sub (SICK subbox - check it out)... cant think pf what else. Literally nothing left to upgrade.

Got the car for 2300$, spent another 700 or so making it daily driver-able because it was all fucked up when i got it. But now its mint. I can see myself keeping this car for another 10 years.

Sorry if im rambling im totally shitfaced at the moment lol

what year maxima?

Yeah it is a 5 speed. Like I said there's just a lot of odds and ends this car needs and my heart lies elsewhere, so I just really would rather not spend the money on it. That may change one day. New front end suspension, trans swap and rad support and it's a perfect car.

>hating on bixenon projectors
Nigger, what? HIDs in crystal housings I can understand, but bixenon projectors? We're already into the bi-LED projector era now.
>thinking candle-bulb crystal bullshit headlights are at all acceptable in any way