How would Tesla drivers evacuate?

Get a gasoline car to tow them to safety?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ObpcGNCU944
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Teslas come with "Teslagreen Windmills" you pleb.
You hook up your tesla windmill to your car and the hurricane winds give you unlimited power and range

Electricucks will defend this

b-b-b-b-bb-but 80% of daily driving is under 50 miles!

Is that picture scaled accurately? i knew they said Irma was larger and more powerful than Andrew but holy fucking shiT!
>Hurricane Jeb
so fucking much for "low energy jeb"

Hurricane steve Harvey was a fucking joke in comparison.
youtube.com/watch?v=ObpcGNCU944

They'd drive ~300 miles, charge for 45 minutes, and then drive another 300 miles. They'd deal with it the same way those abandoned gasoline cars dealt with running out of fuel in the middle of a completely stopped freeway, or the way gasoline cars dealt with the gas shortages.

>charge for 45 minutes

Here's a math question, how long do they have to wait before charging for 45 minutes?

>getting 300 miles out of a Tesla
lol
>recharging at a supercharge station for 45 minutes and getting more than a few dozen miles
lol

Telsa owners tend to have better judgment and would have already evacuated before traffic was an issue.

>better judgment
>drops $100k on a electric car to save $5000 a year in gas

>Is that picture scaled accurately?
No
Idiot
Google it

>good looking car
>unbeatable acceleration
>helps clean up the planet
lol yeah you got me there

Lmfao listen to yourself

Yeah, thanks tesla for cleaning all of that terrible lithium out of the earth.

>>helps clean up the planet
I almost took you seriously

>good looking car
>Tesla
Pick 1

Why make a tesla thread when you know alphonse loves shitposting with tesla?

He only shitposts it because of how hard you autists sperg

Fuck off nigger

Thanks for the (you) why do you newfags like to feed him?

Fucking Jeb

Do you really believe that this Jewish conspiracy will turn 90 degrees North?

Buying a ANY CAR to clean the planet is pure virtue signaling if you want to clean the planet just go full >>/n/ or just take uber/taxi for everything. It might even be cheaper than a car if you buy one every 5 years.

>drive 200/250 miles.
>charge at 240v at 30 miles per hour of charging.
>7 hours later you drive another 200 miles
>or use a Chademo/SAE combo plug DC fast charger with an adapter and charge at super charger speeds.

Zero, leave house at full charge.

gasoline cars will run out of gasoline sitting on the road idle or creeping through traffic. causing owners to abandon car.

EVs use very little energy when they aren't moving. You could sit in a LEAF(a fucking LEAF!) in a blizzard for 24 hours, with the heat running, and not run out of power.

in comparison to petrol or diesel
>drive 700km
>fill up in 10 minutes
>drive another 700km
this is for my car with pretty bad mileage too

>no gasoline
>burning all the gasoline in traffic instead of moving.
>dumb ass forgot to fill up before leaving.

i suppose electric cars do have a good advantage to the fact that if there's standstill traffic they wont use any charge

My car can drive 500 miles with less than 1 minute fillup.

and you can leave your house with a full charge. you can also charge up anywhere there is electricity. though charges will vary wildly.

though even the 30-40 amp 240v circuits you find in most houses for clothes driers and ovens will get you 20-30 miles per hour of charging.

Florida south of Orlando is out of gasoline completely.

>out of the earth
You mean water? They get it from brine pools and just dehydrate that shit. There's more in the ocean for future use.

>the currently estimated reserve base of lithium should not be a limiting factor for large-scale battery production for electric vehicles because an estimated 1 billion 40 kWh Li-based batteries could be built with current reserves - about 10 kg of lithium per car. Another 2011 study by researchers from the University of Michigan and Ford Motor Company found sufficient resources to support global demand until 2100, including the lithium required for the potential widespread transportation use

you can go further than that w/o requiring a fuel station by just bringing some extra containers full of gas, too.

my v8 engine still does ~27 mpg highway. 500 mile tanks for life.

>itt brainwashed

Keep saving all us unworthy humans from destroying ourselves. Thanks bro

You'll be stuck in Orlando evacuating from Miami.

Yes its going to deflect

like all the people in gas cars on I-75 were for the past few days?

I don't give a shit about Teslas. I drive a 3.8 liter V6 and a car from the 1980s. Have your facts straight instead of parroting retarded talking points. Lithium is plentiful and not an argument against electric cars. Argue against self-driving tech, distribution of electricity, or poor production quality.

Traffic doesn't look that bad on google maps

turning around to wipe out haiti.

because the evacuations are over. if you haven't got out by now. they are telling everyone to go a local shelter

Eh, I checked it out yesterday too, wasn't bad either.

Okay I'll just pedal my aging parents all over the place. Or my kids. Or my dog. Or god forbid I have to move. You can't do everything with a bus or a bike.

>I drive a 3.8 liter V6
Chevrolet or GM?

Jeb!

I don't watch the news and only have some gusty winds here in Ireland, but is it really called Hurricane Jeb?
Is Jeb a name?

jeb bush

it's short for jebediah, old bible name

???

Not anymore. I am now convinced that you know more about this storm than every meteorologist on the planet thanks to this 10 frame looping gif.

So its already predicted to have a shorter life than gasoline which has already been around 130 years?

Also 10kg per car? How much do the batteries in a Tesla weigh?

wtf is hurricane jeb? explain pls.

It's a meme you dip

>good looking car
Questionable
>unbeatable acceleration
Not unless you sperge out on the $150k model. Pro-tip: most people don't
Now this is just bait

And no one ever mentions how garbage the interiors are, literally the worst in their segment

So where does the cobalt needed for those lithium batteries come from?