RIP ute

RIP ute
Your manual V8 rwd goodness was too much when someone cut me off on a highway in the wet on cold tires

F

doesnt look dead tho

I hit an embankment going backwards still doing 70kph
Rear is pretty beat up but you cant tell due to the fence

shiit mate thunder user?
unwell is it a write off?
you all good?
is purple vy ss user

yeah mate I'm fine, could have been much worse because I came across the oncoming lanes still doing 70ish backwards

panel beaters are car enthusiasts and are going to convince the insurance company (RACV) it can be saved
issue is it's insured for market value, estimated between $10-12k (even though it's a low km Thunder) and it needs a full respray with mostly new panels let alone to possible work underneath

Did you buy this not that long ago?

It doesn't need a respray, it just needs whatever it needs to be structurally sounds.

about 6 months now

yeah he hasnt had it too long.

Take the check and buy it back for $400-.

itsa about 8k worth of work and thats assuming you have not bent the chassis rails.
mate did pretty much the same to his vy ss ute about 2 months back, ended up being best to just cut the losses.

once it's written off in Australia it cant be reregistered with the same frame
I'd buy it back for a few grand though due to the engine being worth half the cost of the car

>$400
a wrecked manual vy ss ute goes for about 3.5-4k, thats for parting out.

mate of mine crashed an LS1 VZ ute that was mint before the crash, only rear end damage with difillipo headers, duspeed OTR and a great tune
Leather seats that looked better than new

he bought it back for $2000

doesn't the vz have an l98?
vy was the last commodore with an ls1

no, only the late years got the 6 litres (l76) and the Thunder was the only one with the L98

isnt the l76 the one that can cut out 4 cylinders?
i thought that was in the SIDI ve commodore. (mainly i know it was an option for the vz)

it can in the VE but in the VZ it didnt have it installed
most VZ's have the 4th gen LS1

fair enough, the vz HSV's have the ls2 though don't they?

thank fuck another holden is off the road

Buy mx-5 desu, this won't happen again

>75 25 weight distribution
deserved it

is this a meme?
they have 50:50 weight distribution, thats why they go sideways so easily...

fucking retard

yes you are retarded.
google it.

retarded redditor

at least you admit your faults.

I wonder how new you have to be to get this worked up over a joke

>hurr durr you new lol i was just trollins XD
damage control the post

>is this a meme?
>no, there's no way he could've been joking!
hmmm, redditors are a wonder

Look at this loser having a breakdown

>he's so mad he has to samefag
I'll be going now

yeah they did, then the R8's were supercharged LS2's

>he is in so much denial he thinks 3 different people are the same person
sorry to say it but everyone just agrees with your retardation, it is not just a conspiracy against you.

>so mad he's not even handing out (you)'s
dang

uh no they weren't.

>make a joke on Veeky Forums
>newcunts can't recognise a joke and sperg out
Every other thread

You're an idiot.

this, vz clubsport r8 are ls2 making 297kw at the crank, same as the hsv gto of that year.
vy clubsport r8 is a 285kw ls1

>make bold statement on Veeky Forums that has no basis in reality
>get called out
>just claim it was a joke bro XD only trollins
why do retards try to save face on an anonymous image board?

kys, i would kill to be able to have this car in burgerstan

That isn't even me but okay. No car has even close to a 75-25 weight distribution so I don't know why you 12 year olds actually are taking it seriously

it was you and you thought utes had 75:25 weight distribution because you took them at face value.

Quote two of my posts, it wasn't. And anyone browsing an auto enthusiast board would know no car has even close to a 75-25 weight distribution, except apparently you.

damage control the post

You lost

>le 50/50 is ideal 100% of the time meme
spotted the /ovg/ cancer

Lol at the panel beaters
>"we're car enthsusiasts, we'll do whatever it takes to save a fine classic like this for ya, user"

How many times have they seen yet another kid writing off his generic fucking ute? More times than you've had hot dinners.

>"We'll bullshit RACV for ya"

No, they'll send out an assessor who will make sure the quote is legitimate, that the vehicle can be economically repaired. If you have it insured for market value instead of agreed value, and they reckon its worth 11 or 12 grand, they aren't going to spend 6 or 7 repairing it. Uncle Bob's Smash Repairs wants the job so they can source cheap second hand panels, bash the floorpans out, charge for a cheap respray.

It sucks but time to say goodbye to the car. Get paid out and try and keep the car to part out. Even if they fix it they'll always be some little issue and when you go to sell it, you'll get fuck all because its obviously been in a pretty decent crash.

That's assuming insurance doesn't question your "it was the other car, it was the cold tyres!" story. I hope to god you have witnesses or the other driver has admitted responsibility. I'd rather t-bone or rear end some cunt than swerve, spin out and wrap myself around a pole. Also if your tyres or brakes were in a shit state, fucking look out.

Drive like 5 or 10 under when its wet and assume every other cunt is trying to kill you.

Pic related, 2 young dickheads + ute + wet roads

mmm yeah, the shop seemed genuine and the owner wasnt some fat bogan, it was a nice new place
their paintwork looked good from what I could tell

none the less the old paint was fucked, guy must have taken a rotary too it because even after a full detail it wasnt enough without risking ultra thin clearcoat
not to mention both front and rear was damaged already and the roof was peeling clearcoat

so although it will have a smash to its name, at least now it should look decent, and time will tell how the paintwork holds up

I made this for a lefty who drives a hybrid who didnt understand how I could end up backwards, hence me doing triggering text and explaining cold tires to a non car guy

I like to stay positive, this is also implying the RACV assessor passes the car

You are absolutely fucked mate. The RACV assessor will deny you, as you have no proof. He's going to assume you were hooning in the wet.

So where was the other car in this diagram? On the northside turning into the flow of traffic? They pulled out, you stomped on the brakes and swerved? One or the other mate.

Add the other car and their actions and submit this with your claim. It actually helps. Have a coherent explantion and for fuck's sake, don't mention pre existing damage.

The panel shop might be a good operator but if it's beyond economical repair you might have to cop this one. Take the cash out, if you have space for a wreck where you live then you can part it out, it might take time.

This is worst case scenario, but yeah, photos, diagrams, a police report if you have one.

I'm pretty sure /ovg/ appreciates rearward weight bias mid engine racekars more.
Sorry to hear about the car, and sorry to see the thread go to shit. I remember you saying the wheels were worth money, even if it gets scrapped I wish you luck in saving those.

>(even though it's a low km Thunder)
Bogans really are this delusional?
It's a fucking Commodore m8, ONLY for the fact that it's a V8 manual is it worth (% life left in tyres, clutch, brakes, bushes, AC) x $10k.

>when someone cut me off on a highway in the wet on cold tires
A 2 tonne vehicle with 4 10 inch wide tyres and ABS spins backwards across 4 lanes of traffic because you hit the brakes in the wet from the speed limit?
>cool story bro
I'm just imagining the keks the crash assessor is going to have when he runs the diagnostics on your ECU.
>wheel speed sensor error code, rear wheels at 200% of road speed on last boot
>engine over-rev condition error code, 10 sec at rev-limiter on last boot

>Nah mate the panel beaters are "car enthusiasts"

OP has still provided no explanation of what the other car did or did not do, assuming there was another car.

F

>v8 ute
>rain
>wrecked
10/10 times its a failed skid. once saw a ve sitting perfectly ontop of a guardrail coming up an onramp, facing the other direction

>implying someone else was at fault

Fucking lol

this car looks gross desu

>error code
>200% of road speed
>last boot

Dude you bairley have a clue

up in keysborough as in?

exactly this. people like op say stupid shit like "he cut me off and now i crashed my car on the highway"

learn to fucking drive

OP crash site for anyone interested

/maps/sN4YGfCxGAw

Lol can they actually see the recent driving history?

F
Not in a vy commonwhore, I'm sure.

OP has a VZ

>Your manual V8 rwd goodness was too much when someone cut me off on a highway in the wet on cold tires
1. Why did you over react?
2. Cold tyres is never an excuse on a road car.

>implying it gonna matter

There is no way an LS powered car will go for 400 dollars or less.

unlikely due to "cold tyres".
just say whoops, i fucked up and move on.
your alive and car insured.

Panel beaters stop giving a fuck about their work a few years after they finished their trade and wish they did something that pays better.

Plus a lot would rather see the engine go into a skyline or something sadly.

>mmm yeah, the shop seemed genuine and the owner wasnt some fat bogan,

That makes it more likely that they won't try to save it. Fat bogans love v8 utes.

>I was only pretending to be retarded

#stancenation
#hellaflush
#illest
#tentrillionbeniiinmyangus:DDD

>rest is peace senpai