pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/205099
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are lightning arrow, lightning stake and projected heal worth using at 35-40 faith?
I'd love to fit them in on my sl80 paladin but don't have the points to go to 60 faith

Post your favorite areas in Any game, artwork with it would be bonus points!

First for Thorolund

DaS3 on max settings isn't that demanding,is it?

My GTX 980 seems to be taking a shit so I'm probably gonna have to RMA it and play on my 680 that I dedicate to PhysX in the meantime.

so the gargoyle halberd is my favorite weapon in DS1. is there any equivalent or similar weapon in DS2?

>when casting a miracle person has to answer a question about their morals and beliefs
>when casting a sorcery person has to answer trivia or math
>when using a dex weapon person has to press buttons really fast
>when using a str weapon person has to press buttons really hard

This is how it should be right?

Just lower some settings, why is that so hard?

My 750ti runs it at 40-50 with medium-low settings and the game looks pretty good still.

Is Midir another one of those "stop using lockon you idiot" fights? I'm doing fuckall damage even when I'm hitting his head.

Santier's Spear is just amazing in general, I'd give that a whirl. Pretty quick and easy to reach, too.

I want to fist Gwyndolin

Does /dsg/ have any good drinking games, it comes to playing Dark Souls

I've heard santier's is pretty rad. anything good to compliment it with since you dont need to invest in str/dex to use it?

Midir is a pain with or without the lock on.

But yeah you're probably better off without it.

Yes

ATTENTION: IF YOU WERE FLAGGED WITH INVALID DATA CHECK NOW TO SEE IF IT'S GONE.

AFTER 7 WEEKS MY WARNING IS NOW GONE.

AGAIN: CHECK TO SEE IF YOU'VE BEEN BANNED OR CLEARED.

Fucking finally I can play online without feeling like I could be banned for no reason.

every time you take damage drink, easy
to some this will be trivial, but to others it will simply plunge them into a downward spiral

I want to ___________ Creighton

Ice Rapier offhand serves me well, lets you zap people who try to run away and gives you some nice quick pokes and range options in general.

Also Mastadon Halberd is amazing too, particularly for strength/faith characters since it works well infused with Lightning and buffed with Sunlight Blade. Something to keep in mind.

Heee I'm safe

Two and a half weeks of mild anxiety and now I'm safe

CE'd a whole bunch of shit in on a bunch of characters I might want to play in future. Sage Rings +2, fashion sets, weapons, the works.

I have a question.
I have a great sword that scales with Strength. Dex. and Faith.

I'm wondering what stat should I level up to increase the attack speed.
I know some miracles and spells require more Dex to be cast faster.

I want to know if leveling up my Faith will eventually make my sword swing faster or if I need strength, or dex.

Why even play video games while drunk?
Why don't you just get full on drunk with two girls at the bar and have sex until morning?
Sounds like something you'd do.

How the actual fuck do you deal with Corvian Knights? These assholes are too good at spacing and deal retarded amounts of damage. I killed the one by the gates through sheer luck after sipping like eight times, and then cheesed the two in the church with a crossbow because FUCK THAT. The one that dropped on my head charged off the edge of the bridge so I was content to let him be.

>AoA drops titanite shards and large titanite shards like TOH, while TRC drops titanite chunks most of the time like the DaS2 DLCs
>AoA area layout goes open area-town-semi-open area, just like the Artorias DLC, while TRC is mostly very linear like the DaS2 DLCs
>Friede harder than almost all the bosses in the base game, but still drops less souls than the endgame bosses just like Artorias and TOH, while TRC bosses all drop more souls than the endgame bosses just like the DaS2 DLCs
>AoA focuses on visuals and atmosphere over individual encounters like Artorias and TOH, while TRC focuses more on individual encounters and an area-wide gimmick (stealth sections in this case) just like the DaS2 DLCs

Why do we act like Ashes of Ariandel was made by the B-Team again?

Was thinking about everytime you die, drink some zips.

everytime you make it to a bonfire, your casual friends zips

If you win over a boss. Bottoms up for your friends.

Nothing increases the speed of weapon attacks. Each weapon has a moveset, there's no way to alter that moveset save by changing how many hands you're using.

Dex increases cast speed up to 50, but some things are affected more than others. Pyromancy in particular gains a shitton of speed from it.

Which sword is it, out of curiosity?

Alluring skulls, bombs, magic, shields fucking make them stop.

Because everyone has a hate boner for ds2 and B-team.
If someone is bad, it has to be B-team.
It's probably /pol/

All time favorite souls area. It was relatively small but packed with so much content.

Anyone wanna fire up the SOTFS on ps4 and gift me some effigies?

Locking on to him isn't the problem, running under him is. Just stay in front of his head, dodge his combo and whack him in the head a single time when it's over.

AoA really did remind me of DaS2 in some parts, and not in a good way. The Follower Valley and the Snowfield, for example, don't seem to follow any sort of design principle beyond 'Wide open area with lots of paths, enemies scattered everywhere at random'

But then the Corvian Settlement is actually very well designed for such a small section. If it had more enemy variety it'd be great.

Also, the crypt is lazy as fuck. Holy shit. It's just tedious working your way around the room killing all the flies.

Lads?

Use the shrine or kill skeletons at huntsmans scopse

40 faith is half damage compared to 60 faith.

What weapons are you trying to fit? Priestess + Knight + Prisoner's chain should let you fit 60 faith on 27 vig easily.

Wolnir's Holey Sword

It's just that I tried swinging another greatsword and it seemed slower, while another seemed faster compared to Wonirs

There's only one GS that scales with str dex and fth, and that's Wolnir's

Poor user got tricked

1. Join Company of Champions
2. Equip Agape and Covetous Gold
3. Go to McDuff's, then one-shot all of those dogs outside
4. Repeat until you have a billion Effigies.

which shrine?
I'm early game and haven't played in ages.

Miracles are tales that give you power as you recite them, like prayers.
Clerics usually cannot control their emotions and succumb to sin

Sorceries are tied to your emotions, knowledge and how much can control them/understand them. Sorceres usually go crazy pursuing these.

Hexes are thru pain and sorrow. Truly suffering.

Pyros are channeled thru humanity.

Did I got this right /dsg/?

Max settings seem to barely make a difference except for:

>Texture quality
>Anti-aliasing

I would HIGHLY suggest overriding in-game AA with a post-processing AA. I gained 5 fps and the AA looks better by doing that.

I also disliked the open areas immensely. I don't mind having a nice open environment, but I really love proper structure as opposed to just big "go somewhere lol" area.

If it took more inspiration level design-wise from Ariamis then it would have been the GOAT dlc

Anyone on PS4 need help with anything or want to do some team arena or co-op?

Yeah, I tried again and I just chucked four black fire orbs at it and stunlocked it to death. Feels kind of disappointing, now.

Congrats, all halberds in DS2 use the gargoyle halberd moveset.

DS1 halberds were poke weapons except for gargoyle halberd.

DS2 halberds are chop weapons, except for Syan's halberd.

Cheers I'll do that in the future.

Yeah, those are the different movesets.

Hollowslayer GS has the 'fast' GS moveset, along with Drakeblood and a couple others. Wolnir's IIRC shares the general GS moveset with the likes of the claymore and the onyx blade.

The only other difference between weapons with the same moveset is reach and hitbox. Onyx Blade, for example, has more reach than some UGS, while the Drakeblood Greatsword has less reach than many SS.

Is it safe to say that DaS3 has the best soundtrack out of the entire series?

sweet, good to hear. is there a generally best one?

Are halberds dex or strength weapons?

I said I would last thread twice and you never responded to me.

Midir isn't hard at all once you realize 2 things.

1. Dodge towards and under him when he does his rush combo.

2. Don't melee his fucking ankles.

OOP is garbage and that image does not begin to describe the hassles and logical hoops you have to jump through to make it work.

it varies

Ds2

I'd probably be the best if the phase 2s were more tied to their phase 2s instead of sounding like their own things that you could swap between all bosses.

Get a group of people, every time you die, you have to take a drink and pass the controller off to someone else, while the others heckle and try to get the person to fuck up.

But the other players (who aren't holding the controller) gets to decide what you spend your souls on or how to level up.

Yeah, it felt like a copout. Dark Souls is a series that has built itself upon having fantastic level architecture, and even the areas which are very linear (Irithyll, Carthus, etc) have some very neat design. Open areas sort of piss all over that by very definition unless they're done extremely well, and AoA doesn't do them well at all. Farron Keep didn't do it well, either. Undead Settlement struck a nice middle ground.

If it's a choice between the two, I'll take the well-designed linear zone rather than the haphazardly designed open zone.

Man oh man, I love the chop halberd moveset.

more tied to their phase 1s*

Do you guys use crossbows alot?

Miracles are gifts of divine favor. They are powered by one's faith (inferring that true divinity worthy of worship does not exist). One wills these bounties into existence despite evidence.

Sorceries are manipulations of reality through knowledge. More like science, really.

Knowledge applied to faith becomes darkness, because faith is found hollow.

On the other hand, applying an indomitable will to a breadth of knowledge becomes raw power.

ja

I use Avelyn to cheese in PvE, but that's it.

I don't think I used a single crossbow in my 300 hours of game.

>Miracles are gifts of divine favor. They are powered by one's faith (inferring that true divinity worthy of worship does not exist). One wills these bounties into existence despite evidence.
Nope, they're actual stories.

Awesome, thank you for clearing this up, Now I don't feel like I'm missing something.

Wolnir's is excellent by the way, I love this thing.

Yeah. I keep my Knight Crossbow handy with some Lightning Bolts. It's useful for general clearing and also fucking over people who are trying to play too passively.

The chop movesets felt so rewarding when you got the spacing right.

>too far: complete whiff and you're taken off balance
>too close: shit damage and you lose extra durability
>just right: massive damage on target

>alot?

Sorry man, I was showering etc.
If you'd like to play, let's do it.
Where can I summon you? I'm at lvl16 and just venturing from crestfallens retreat.

>AoA area layout goes open area-town-semi-open area, just like the Artorias DLC

not at all. AoA is much more open than AotA. AoA feels more like a DS2 level, like Shulva or Eleum Lloyce.

>Friede harder than almost all the bosses in the base game
No. Friede is easier than sulyvahn. You're not suppose to do AoA until you beat the twin princes anyway, which puts you at SL80-100 minimum.

> while TRC bosses all drop more souls than the endgame bosses just like the DaS2 DLCs
Yes, which makes sense since you aren't supposed to do TRC until you've beaten the entire game. AoA is supposed to be done between twin princes and archdragon peak. The best soul farming area in the game (Grand Archives) is already opened up by the time you go to either, so you don't really have an excuse for being underleveled.

>AoA focuses on visuals and atmosphere over individual encounters like Artorias and TOH, while TRC focuses more on individual encounters and an area-wide gimmick (stealth sections in this case) just like the DaS2 DLCs

I disagree, I think it's the opposite. AoA focused on a realistic map with enemies that are just "there", like exploring a new world, which is much more like the DS2 DLCs. Whereas TRC focused on going from one challenge room to the next with each room having enemies lying in wait specifically as a combat puzzle, like AotA.

>etc.

What bonfires do you have? If you have the Cardinal Tower at the Fort of the Giants, that might be an easy enough one. I'll throw my sign down at the top of the stairs leading to that dark room. Also if you have the Name Ring, you can pick something out, that might help narrow things down.

The lightening bolts scale with faith right?

I prefer the Flamberge, personally, but Wolnir's WA can come in real handy sometimes.

AND TAKING A LONG SHIT THERE ARE YOU HAPPY

>AoA is much more open than AotA. AoA feels more like a DS2 level, like Shulva or Eleum Lloyce.
>Shulva and Eleum Loyce are open areas

>AoA focused on a realistic map with enemies that are just "there", like exploring a new world, which is much more like the DS2 DLCs.

>Whereas TRC focused on going from one challenge room to the next with each room having enemies lying in wait specifically as a combat puzzle, like AotA.

I want what you're smoking.

Crossbows never scale with anything.

I'm only at crestfallen. I've been pissing around.
I'll keep moving forward.

But the ammo does. Doesn't it?

>it's a "dude who moves very fast and has a big sword/spear" boss

turn off shadowplay and you'll see a noticeable change

DaS3's DLC1 felt more like a DaS1 level and DLC2 felt more like DaS2.

Alrighty, I'll just wait at the Cardinal Tower location, with my sign at the top of the stairs. And I'm going to guess you don't have the Name-Engraved Ring.

I have to assume that the faggots who constantly moan that Dark Souls should never have had a sequel and that 2 and 3 are lazy cash grabs are fucking around. Not every game needs to be a groundbreaking, trendsetting 10/10 masterpiece. I desperately wanted more Dark Souls and I'm damn glad I got it. I've had hundreds, maybe thousands, of hours of fun. I want more Bloodborne, too, even if it's of a slightly lower quality. BB2 or spiritual successor at E3, please.

Best bosses

Some are dex, some are strength, they're generally quality weapons. Most of them have higher strength scaling but you can use them on a dex build with minor

Scaling in DS2 is low enough that you shouldn't be focusing on just a "dex" or "strength" build, you should level up so that you can equip the weapons you want to use. You can always respec if you find a better weapon you want to use

Good str halberds:
Lucerne
Mastodon Halberd
Old Knight Pike
Wrathful Axe
Old Knight Pike

Good dex halberds:
Blue Knight's Halberd (early game, NPC drop)
Syan's Halberd
Halberd (early game)
Old Knight Halberd

Other
Dragonrider Halberd (int scaling)
Roaring Halberd (dark scaling)
Black Knight Halberd (fire/dex scaling)
Helix Halberd
Santier's Spear (mix of spear, twinblade, and halberd moves)

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/205099
Dumb magic assassin idea. Needs refinement though.

Nope. No ammo scales.

but how will I record my sick plays

DeS is better, just lower budget. The simplicity makes it sound better than the overblown orchestral mess that is DS1/2/3 though.

yeah, this wasn't worth recording, let alone sharing.

are you dense

Please tell me you know how hidden body works

Also, replace great deep soul with dark edge, Heysel Pick R1 can combo into it.

Is there some place to check the reach of each GS?
I'm curious now if Wolnir's has more reach than the Black Knight Sword, since that was what I used before going for a Faith/Str build.

You accidentally have 40 FAI when you meant to put 40 Luck, it's mandatory.
Also swap to Great Soul Dregs.

just use obs, idk
i liked it, it was funny

Walk around AoA and notice how the enemies aren't positioned in rooms designed to gank you. The same is true of Eleum Loyce and Shulva (Brume is the opposite, every room in that is a gank). Enemies are just hanging around and they aren't waiting for you.

TRC is literally a line of challenge rooms where enemies are positioned in wait, and immediately start attacking as you enter. That's exactly what AotA was like. It was a series of 3-4 challenge rooms between boss fights, only the abyss was slightly different.