Hey user,

Help me out. I have a roth setup through Vanguard. Current portfolio is:

VBMFX - 20%
VTSMX - 20%
VGTSX - 10%
BND - 20%
VTI - 20%
VXUS - 10%

I have maxed out my 2017 contributions already and want to open a non retirement account to contribute to. What should I invest in with that account? I am too ignorant and scared to play the stock market, so I would prefer to stick with index funds/bonds since they work with my buy and hold mentality. If you have other thoughts I am open. Thanks!

VOO only

just put it all in a target date fund, retard

$VNQ (Vanguard Real Estate Index Trust) and $VYM (Vanguard High Dividend Yield) are two other ETFs I'd take. Never forget $QQQ too

I'm 100% VTSAX

International is shit and bonds are for boomers

>bonds are for boomers

why the fuck does Veeky Forums recommend people in their early 20s buy bonds

the ratio of stocks to bonds doesn't need to be adjusted for decades

>how does rebalancing work

Why do you assume that all investors in the age group 20-29 have the same investment needs and investment horizon? Don't be simple minded.

Mine is
VTI 60%
VXUS 30%
BND 10%

Thoughts? I'm 30 and have high risk tolerance (been riding Bitcoin wave for ages).

because low wage plebs think $5500 is a lot of money

Rebalancing is in your 40s or 50s

Why should a 19 year old start off in bonds and increase that allocation all through his 30s

Retarded

Take more risks

Dude, I have like 40k in crypto portfolio.

Don't tell me about taking more risks.

Also, my Vanguard portfolio is 90% stock. That is pretty risky for a Boglehead 3 fund portfolio senpai

again
>how does rebalancing work

have fun switching from a 100/0 to a 60/40 allocation in 10 years during a downturn

That doesn't even remotely answer my question. I asked why you couldn't understand that different investors have different needs from their investments and also different lengths of time they need to stay in said investments. I didn't ask for some meme-spouting and a rather pathetic attempt to start up a pissing contest. Nobody cares how much money you have or how large your portfolio is. If you feel the need to show this off then you are investing for the wrong reasons.

i answered your question

they use one size fits all advice like avoiding bonds because their exposure consists entirely on the pocket change theyve been able to squirrel away into their ROTHs whenever they haven't been on NEETbux

most of them don't have enough to even meet minimums on mutual funds in which case dumping it all in VOO is the cheapest, most diversified and effective option

so they assume anyone, especially in the same age range, is in the same situation

i figured i wouldnt have to draw it out in crayon but there it is you tool

>$VNQ (Vanguard Real Estate Index Trust) and $VYM (Vanguard High Dividend Yield)
>want to open a non retirement account to contribute to
Jesus man, did you even read the post? You just recommended two of the WORST funds to hold in a non-tax advantaged account.

Holy fuck, this board sometimes....

Look into Wealthfront or Betterment for taxable accounts.

>Look into Wealthfront or Betterment for taxable accounts.
Naw. If he's comfortable enough forming a well-constructed Roth (which he clearly is), he doesn;t need to pay some robot to pick his taxable funds (especially since the robots choose Vanguard funds about 60% of the time). He just needs to be tax-efficient, and out something that doesn't have huge distributions in the taxable account.

I'd recommend VISVX. Overweighting into small-cap value stocks is a strategy that's becoming very popular among intelligent long-term investors. It's decently tax-neutral too.

Just go 60 40 stocks bonds like a boring guy.
Weight the stock regions by gdp using voo, vgk, vwo, vpl. This will put you overweight foreign stocks, particularly emerging markets, where all the demographic (save china) and economic growth is.
If your account is big enough buy your own bonds (treasuries, some tips) through vanguard. You'll get a little extra yield.

You think this is a good time for vanguard market indexes??
S&P is at an all time high and real estate is at 2007-8 levels again

Wait for the crash then dump your money in

Or at least wait for a dip, dont dump your money into the market at its pea

>timing the market
Veeky Forums really is fucking shit

Biz was saying this day one two years ago.

You would have missed two years of growth following that.

Who gives a fuck any a crash. Lots of people lump sum invested the day before the 08 crash. They would have gotten their money back twice over if they left it there and DCA all the way back up

It's so easy. You just wait for it, then you buy it. Duh.
- Veeky Forums

fuck you dude. you know hes right. you watch this coming march.

I dont know how I will be able to prove it after the fact, but there you go. you can remember me as "pez". something i just made up out of the spur of the moment.

toodles.

Veeky Forums has been saying the same thing for years, eventually someone is going to say it at the perfect time and think they were a genius

those of us with actual money on the line pay attention to the math, and the math says the earlier you get into the market the better

How many times do you think that poorfag has posted that same shit over the past two years?

Doomsdayers only have to be right once and then he'll spam it all day long, all while conveniently not mentioning the hundreds of times he was wrong.

What is the math?

Do they not teach compound interest in public schools anymore, or did it get in the way of the propaganda courses?

although this may be true, im correct this time because
1. trump is in office
2. meaning they will crash it and blame him , because he is not obliging to their evil plans
3. interest rates
4.fed res/ jew - see 3
5. you know me and every body else is right so u can suck it bitch
6. u watch march
7. if your not from the us gtfo

I am aware of compound interest. Does your reasoning for the compound interest comment stem from the tendency for stock prices to increase over time historically or another reason?

My international stocks have been shit for the past year, yet my US stocks are doing excellent

Explain this friend

>DUDE dumb conspiracy shit lmao
Okay kid.