Engine swapping

>engine swapping

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YN__Y1PLQHo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>engine

You knew what he meant

One question: is engine swapping a car to a later version of that engine (i.e swapping in a 20v 4A-GE into a car with an earlier version or dropping in a 4th gen 3S-GTE in an SW20 with a 2nd gen 3S-GTE) acceptable?

>breathing oxygen

Yes
Fuck outta here with your kikebook/twatter memes fag

If I were to seriously think about an engine swap what do I need to have and to know?

A bunch of shit

>if you don't have a kit then you need to fabricate one (this involves measuring everything, welding/cutting/bending all the custom mounts and things you have to make)
>cooling (on top of the engine itself you'll likely need to either buy or make a radiator and everything involved in the system because the one out of the donor car likely won't fit)
>turbos mean the same applies for the intercooler and all the other shit that you may have to fabricate parts to relocate and make sure fits and cools properly
>the transmission from the project car won't be compatablr with the engine from the donor car so the same shit goes for swapping the transmission in along with it (buying/fabricating mounts, fpossibly slicing up the frame to get the gear lever through because they don't line up where the old one is). You'll also need a custom driveshaft and probably the diff out of the old car which you also need to make mounts and frame modifications for

That's just basic shit I can think of off the top of my head. They're laborious especially if you're not doing a common swap like LS swapping an RX-7 or Miata which a million companies would sell mounts to install both the donor engine and transmission. Even then you'd still have to cut up and measure and weld everything on properly.

Forgot to mention that you'll need stronger suspension/wheels/brakes/tires/etc. and other upgrades so your car can handle the extra power. Same that would apply for tuning of the original engine really

within the same brand for example
>rb25det in s13 yes
> 26b in rx7 yes
> ls3 in mustang no

If the engine type is similar is doesn't mess with the fundamental handling characteristics as much either. But sometimes LS swapping shit for example does improve the weight distribution and lower centre of gravity like with the Z32. Rotaries belong in everything for this reason, of course.

spares and after market m80
some engines have neither and are better off as museum pieces than being ground to dust

>"wahh someone has more disposable income than me so they can enjoy their hobby to a further extent waaaahhh"

>bought civic ef hatch for $50
>buy random d series for $150
>runs and drives great

also its better
>engine from CRX HF
>never came with this gearing, or intake manifold
>running the wrong ecu/intake/injectors/transmission/exhaust/dizzy

they told me it wasn't gonna run but I've put like 23k miles on it

Good post, but why such a cancerous image?

What about putting a 2zz in an MR2 Spyder?

All the assmad GM fan girls around here make it relevant with their LS shilling

>replacing an oil burning meme with an oil staved meme

k20 or 2g, 2zz is for retarded normies.

k20 packs the engine bay too tightly

it still fits and is better than the 1zz and 2zz in every way so honestly you just sound like a faggot

prezo victim

>crams a honda engine in a toyota at the expense of ease of access
youtube.com/watch?v=YN__Y1PLQHo

I take it you've never seen the video with the mr2 k20 swap vs the other k20 swaps

>being such a normie you believe a broken 1zz is how 1zz's are
>being such a normie you don't swap 2zz oil pan with 1zz one

>stock engine is insanely reliable
>2zz is insanely reliable
>2zz swap is easiest
>techno pro spirits, the MRS all MRS should aspire to be, has a stock, untouched 2zz
>both engines are less pita to live with
only thing k20 has over 2zz or 1zz is fanboys and power.
And power isn't everything.
I'll be keeping my 1zz you can have your vtech support group faggotry.

This is why I want to WRX swap my legacy and LS swap my turd gen, on the soob everything literally bolts right in, and there's a hundred different kits for an LS in a turd gen that make it ezpz with little to no wiring

hey there prezo, dropping your trip again?

t. GM cuck

>vtech support group faggotry
>spergs this hard over vvti

k

>when your engine is such a piece of shit you have to swap out the factory oil pan just so it doesn't blow itself up

kek

>everything on the internet is true!!11!1!

sperg more

>he belives any toyota 4 cyl is better than the k20

lol, toyocucks are as delusional as GM fangirls

So if we shouldn't take shit on the internet at face value, then why should we listen to you?

>Pushrod 16v aluminium small block where there used to be a (pushrod) 16v iron block used to be
It's fine. There's a reason foxbody drag cars run LS engines: they're a cheap, fast engine in a cheap, fast platform.

Everything is acceptable. Do your thing.
Except when fucking with rare cars, then don't do your thing but do your duty towards automotive history. But otherwise go nuts.
Swap a 2JZ into a Bentley and an 20B into a Jaguar for all I care.

but nissan did tune gtrs for the nurburgring

How hard are engine swaps if the same engine is going back in?

It's like Lego. Just remember the order of the steps and which parts go where.

>mfw when almost none of these will be a problem when I 2JZ swap my A70