/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Grandpa edition

>Notice
A recent banwave targeted 3DS systems with custom firmware. pastebin.com/7RvW7y2i

>News
Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free.
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
Monster Hunter Stories is coming West this fall.
XX Update 1.1 w/ Eng Patch v3: my.mixtape.moe/uixtrs.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: Fatalis, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Duremudira!

Aah,.. the good old days...

Switch XX is completely pointless if you already have a 3DS.

t. Ant

Reminder to give Miss Cat all your horn coins!

Reminder to kissu me~

Ikr? Just a waste of money to buy ANOTHER console for the SAME game with MUH IMPROVED GRAPHX!!!

Its like getting a free car, with free gas.
But you can pay and upgrade to a better car, but also you have to pay your own gas.

I can't play Jenny in my n3dsxl too much because my hands are getting weak to hold that console, so the switch version is more than welcome for me.

A PS4 port would be worth it imo. Sick of playing on fisher price toys.

>Switch XX is completely pointless
>When you could now slut suit in HD
Finally being able to see what you're wearing is great especially when you need references for armours that have no official art yet.

I hate being able to see too, user

Rathian was made to have sex in the missionary position while holding her wings with your hands.

ohai

Who wants to make a noob weapon room in MHXX?

Made a Room i'm only lv HR6 thought

Gens

As fun as it would be because I literally haven't used any weapons other than SA in Gen/XX, I'm not banned yet and I don't wanna risk it.

>he believes keeping offline will save him

So you're going to stay offline just in case you get banned from online? user...

I'm just playing my physical 4U copy online for now. I'm probably still screwed but at least it feels better.

What do you mean noob weapons? Weapons we're not familiar with?

Because that's me right now. Trying out Charge blade and doing somewhat poorly.

4U makes you feel better because it's a much better game, but that's unrelated to your ban user, makes no difference.

HOLY FUCK, FOUND /OURGAIJIN/'S SEX TAPE

Ha, is this really him? Did he need money for an airplane ticket out of moonland?

yeah. I'm trying out hammer since yesterday.
Its pretty fun, but goddamn it really falls behind other weapons.

Is tri worth pirating if I'm already pirating p3rd? I'm not too enthusiastic about underwater missions and the lack of several weapon classes seems offputting.

nah, looks nothing like him

Kek is that really him or just a look alike?

Tri isn't worth it if you can play 3U. Same content 1/1 and none of the high rank content is accessible anymore.

Tri without online is basically a demo. Play 3U if you want third gen.

Nope, P3rd is the only third gen game worth playing.

Has there been a single XX room all day? Cause I haven't seen any.

why didnt you make one

I've been online for most of today and currently playing.
I had a room up for a bit, no one showed in an hour, so I went back to Z turns with the nips.

The ban scare is real.

piratefags BTFO

People are sick of supers. And I don't blame them.

not really, more like "stupid piratefags partially BTFO"

>supers

wat

Are Super Deviants, dare I say it, harder than the artificial difficulty GQs or 4U? Does that make XX the most hardcore game in the series? Are 4Ufags eternally BTFO?

Super Deviants, I mean, everything from XX is artificial difficulty.

Huh?

You can't claim banned folks were stupid without knowing the cause in the first place. It could have been random.

i mean only stupid piratefags will stay BTFO since you can unban yurself

Monkeyno

>Clashing Brachy
>Hadean Stiggy
>Cruelking Ivory
Nope

newflash: every monhun increases the difficulty by adding a few new moves, then more damage and health

If there was no Brave LS then XX would definitely be the most hardcore at end game.

But cheating with Brave LS is a thing so 4U is still the hardest of all.

Problem is how MHXX difficulty is so badly paced like the rest of the game. You have this extremely easy low and high rank, and then you get to the endgame shit and caffeinated monstrosities with 100k HP everywhere.

4U was fairly challenging from the start, people actually had trouble doing their urgents. Yes XX gets harder, but only at the endgame and VERY suddenly, and in my opinion it's not that great of a difficulty too (I didn't like 130+ GQs either)

i've never used bow before but i have the materials for the teostra bow and want to give it a try. whats a good set to start? are the hunter arts any gooed? or should i stick with the generi ones?

Questions like these will always prompt T/A autists to tell you how to play the game in the most boring way possible.
I say experiment, you can't go wrong as long as the monster dies. Some of the HAs are fun as fuck despite being "unoptimized".

Then why do people complain about Super Deviant Astalos?

I'll never touch a weapon other than GS, Bow and DBs so XX is insanely hard to me. Not to mention I solo 99% of the time (soon 100% if I get banned)

No and No.
Frontier is the hardest by far, it's not even close.

I don't mind GQs because they will always have something for me. Supers have nothing to offer, sure they're difficult but there's no reason to fight them more than once. So when someone spams supers I get irritated, especially if they didn't need them.

The one thing GQ offer is actual fun.
Well, unless it's THAT GQ with a shit monster combo+layout

>Frontier

>Clashing Brachy
Fuck that quest,each punches eats out like 70% of your health. One horned demon king diablos is hardd too.
>*equips adept DB*
>*equipd brave LS*
nuthin personell

>nailing a monster in the face perfectly with Triple Volley 3
UNF

That shit actually does a lot of damage, kind of a shame haste rain is just flat out superior and stays in your art slot forever just for its utility esp since it stacks with focus

Storge S (high rank Shaggy Mag) is a good starter bow set, the current set I use with it is:

Barrage Earring (complete all arena quests with A rank)
Storge S chest
Chakra Wrists
Vangis waist
Storge S legs
Charm is Tenderizer +5 OOO (and +3 Silverwind but who cares about that)

Gets you Normal/Rapid up, Weakness Exploit, Load Up, and you can gem in Trueshot Up

Really nice set and easy to make until you unlock HR and can start getting Storge R parts and such

Any of the full deviant sets worth using in XX? The only one I can see still being useful is Silverwind

>Tenderizer +5 OOO
>Three skills

Nice set man,can I save it?

Thank you for your time anons. Seems like i'll keep going on p3rd since it seems like cemu can't emulate 3u right now.

It's Veeky Forums as fuck, I don't give a shit
Find me something just as nice looking that can fit that and focus

>play 4U
>encounter one of those HR999
>he only have 1 (one) wystone
>he post Lab Partners

>he thinks 999 are special
>even legit ones

I WILL KILL YOUR DOMESTICATED PET ANIMALS

140 apex GQ: get hit for 80% of your health, take forever to kill it

XX super: get hit for 90% of your health, take less time to kill it but still probably too long

basic frontier G rank: get hit for 90% of your health

frontier post G rank, burst, origin or exotic: get hit for 500% of your health, poisoned, paralyzed, KO'd, guts removed, ancient potion stolen!, your dog kicked for 4% of his health, air juggled and hit again even though at this point you are already dead

Lv9999 conquest monster: you are already dead

duremudira: you were dead before you were even born

>Meet HR999
>Do a few hunts and I change gear each quests
>Calls me a cheater because I have a lot of gear and probably assmad that I totally outclass him
>Send him my Guild Card with my last activity log where I sub 5'd G-rank Molten Tiggy and Gore Magala
>"You may be a great player but too bad you cheat"
>3 of us remaining hunters just laughed at him.
Why do most HR999 have such big ego and always want to be the star of the hunt?

>Frontier

I hope Glavenus chokes on a mountain of hot dicks

There's only one 999 that's special.

>140
>takes forever to kill
Apex is bad advocate incoming

>Aria
I knew that cunt was the one to curse our poor robot, I bet this picture is hers.

>tfw you'll never double-fuck Aria and Charlotte's footpussy

Why live bros??

>footpussy
well
that's new

apex is fine, the health inflation that comes with GQ's isnt.
you don't need to give something more health to make it more difficult

I'm new to /mhg/ and who are they?

discord "memes"

When I said "one of those HR999" I refer to those that get 999 with CQ.
I'm HR999 and means nothing.

It's funny because they're the least "discord" memes in /mhg/

they originated in dicksword

the premier mhg waifus. they have the most dominant, pungent foot stench

>tfw imagininig taking a whiff of Aria and Charlotte's dirty stinky feet after they come from a whole day of grinding HR 100 super deviants in the volcano

>ywn

feels bad tbqphwu

What the fuck why is 90% of the areas is elevated now? Literally most of my attack missed because of it and what's worst is I am using CB with a nerfed and awkward hitbox.Fuck,I should've pirated this game.
>inb4 banned
Public friend seed exists.

Because they think HR = Skill
Remember when one dude suggested replacing MH's progression with character leveling because he singlemindedly believed gear is just glamor and naught more?

>Public friend seed exists.

and they're all banned

They're living proof that Gen~XX has nothing else worth discussing, so everyone turn to occult worship to those "players". Gotta advertise the good goy to download your f2p hunting game.

the fuck you're on about? they didn't need to advertise gen to start worshipping Blanche, in fact it happened in mid-early 4U.

Remember when people used to get so mad at name dropping? What happened to that?

They said it was somehow ok to namedrop that poor robot.

Online doesn't matter anyway when you have cfw or when you are a good player. I don't want to waste my time creating a room and waiting for players that is comparable to a palico.
>B-but muh fun online and friends D:
Fuck off,my friends irl may not be that hunter who goes full meta but they know their stuff and we can still have fun.Local play is more fun that is fact.

I would be genuinely sad if I got banned, the only thing that keeps me going are the /mhg/ cuties.

The new one in /hbg/ got banned? I was going to use it to get this months XX dlcs, so that sucks if it's the case.

It's not.