/bfg/ - Battlefield General

May Update Edition

Previous thread

>>LATEST PATCH NOTES>NEWS

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/6egb3a/the_mortar_landship_is_damn_near_useless_now/
battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/profile/pc/lxXNASSERXxl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for ded game

I thought the last thread was going to make it for once. How sad.

WHEN?

It was doing so well.

Which lesser-used rifle should I use after I reach my 1903 experimental kill goal? Winchester trench or Gewehr 95?

The Gewehr 95 is great, just got my 500 kill codex with it. Infantry is the best variant imo.

But the Russian Trench is one I'm looking forward to trying as soon as I get my 300 Martini Henry kills.

I'll give it a try. Also, why is the Martini Henry so popular? I really can't stand using it

Largest 1 hit KO sweet spot.

I really don't like it much either, although it makes a satisfying noise when you shoot it, and when you're doing well with it the one shot, one kill makes you feel pretty good.

Shortest and most generous sweet spot meme ranges

You fucks can't even manage to keep your own thread alive while autism like the artificial academy 2 general, a literal fucking dead game that hasn't seen a single fucking update in half a fucking decade, has been going for more than 800 generals. Pull your fucking slack, faggots.

That's not a fair comparison at all. AA2 is a waifu creator game that lets users endlessly generate as much content to satisfy their autism

Meanwhile, DICE here won't even let anyone use 3rd party server hosting for fucks sake

You want a better comparison then? Katawa Shoujo general, which is on its three-thousandth-three-hundred-and-eighteenth general.

Could I still find enjoyment in Battlefield 3 if I've never played it before and I buy it nowadays?

Pls don't die again

>this retarded conquest system

Was this a dev pet project or are the CTE autists really that bad with giving feedback?

Half of it is really smart. Taking points off the capture bonus and spreading them out through the capture process is a good idea, however, lowering the overall point value is fucking retarded and leads to people just running around lone wolfing for kills.

Likewise incentivizing flag defence is a great idea, doing so with a passive point bonus that requires you essentially dominate the enemy team is fucking dumb, the best matches are almost 50/50 for flag control and as such neither team will benefit from conquest flag control bonuses since you need 3 more flags than the opponent for the bonuses to start proccing.

Divide the capture into 20x25 + 1x150 for capping from enemy controlled to neutral, and then 10x25 + 1x250 for capping from neutral to allied control for a front loaded total of 1150 that rewards the hard work of a capture without ripping people off for missing the final bonus

And for defence simply award a bonus 100 for killing an enemy player who is attempting to capture an allied controlled flag. If people want points for capping there will actually be people to defend against

It will

>being this new and complaining about /bfg/ dying all the time

thanks for the free bump lmao

>Implying I'm bumping.

ded game

Gonna play all tomorrow and regale all you guys with stories of getting blown up repeatedly while trying out new vehicle variants
Mortar landship here I come.

I don't know if there's any crossover of userbase here, but is anyone keeping an eye on or hopeful about Battlefront 2?

I've had FPS drop issues on BF1 which I've been playing for a couple weeks now. I'm not sure I'm well spoken enough to describe my problem but I'll try my best.

GTX 1070
16GB RAM 3200mhz
Running the game on a SSD
Windows 10
1080p 60hz, vsync is activated but I remember having the same problem even while it was off. Playing in full ultra.

First off I would say I'm running the game very well overall. With vsync OFF I remember my FPS being in the 100-130 range or so which is pretty similar to benchmarks and videos I have seen online using my config. With vsync ON my FPS is obviously stuck at 60 FPS.
My GPU usage is generally around 55-60%, and my CPU usage goes from 35 to 60% I would say, depending on what's going on in-game. So for sure I'm NOT being bottlenecked by anything here. Memory usage for both the GPU and my RAM is also in the clear. My GPU and CPU temps are good as well. I recently used DDU to uninstall all drivers and properly re-install up to date drivers but it didn't help in any way.

Here's the problem : occasionally I have FPS drops to 50-20 FPS for a second or so which is quite irritating. Usually these drops appear when the game zooms-out or zooms-in upon dying/respawning, but they also appear on the ground at times. I'm not sure I can clearly explained when it exactly happens or pinpoint the cause. Playing Conquest I would say it happens between 0, 1 or 2 times. That's not a big deal sure but it still bothers me greatly considering my PC is supposed to be playing the game flawlessly. Because of this I am now left wondering whether the problem comes from my end, or if there's a problem with my PC or anything... to the point of getting a bit paranoid. I tried many things so far but nothing helped, it's still there.

Anyone with a similar rig having the same problem? I would really appreciate feedback and help if possible. Thanks for reading.

>win10

found you're problem

You realize new CPUs don't work on anything but Windows 10? Unless you want to keep your shitty FX or 6600K for the rest of your life you'll have to use Windows 10 as well.

Where people that mad about bayonets that they had to change them this much or what?

I've only did it once or twice since the patch and haven't noticed anything different. Was it really changed that much?

This game is so casual, what is even the point of playing past max level?

I didn't experience much difference from the two games I played before this but based off the notes it seems the gimped movement options during a charge.

>just let us fucking spy on you already
ganoo plus loonix is looking better every day desu

automatico seems to be pretty decent

has there been a sale on premium pass for PS4 yet?
I can't bring myself to spend 70 bucks on dlc for a game that cost 60

>dice had 3 years to fix bf4 and still couldn't make a fucking text box scrollable
why is this allowed

Consoles don't have text chat at all.

don't die

Purge all shiggies

Ok nigger

Why does the light tank seem to attract the biggest 50+/1 kdr attacking on Ops autism lords?

Th Flanker variant has unlimited ammo and a pretty decent trajectory on its shells. In some instances, you can almost get plunging fire onto an objective.

I get that some variants have good ability to fire on target and whatnot, but it seems like they are always driven by the biggest assholes in the game. Waiting around to get the tank ticket tier dudes. This doesn't seem to happen with heavy tank or landship dudes.

Light tankers have a Napoleon complex, and are salty shits when they can't get into their tankets.

But why does this shit seem to reach its apex with light tanks? even arty trucks seem to be dying down.

So how is the updated Mortar Landship?

Last time I tried it the mortars did jack shit.

Very strong if you have squad mates on the spatoons.

Driver has the great mg for nailing people at range, and the mortar it drops is the same as the zeppelin mortar now. It just crushes vehicles and punishes infantry who try to hide behind cover. With both spatoons you can maul every other tank shy of the tankhunter landship

>same as zeppelin mortar

Holy fuck, might just be great for me to camp with

Why are there so many terrible maps on bf1?

reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/6egb3a/the_mortar_landship_is_damn_near_useless_now/

/bfg/ AA2 never ever

Kill self

But user, I cannot kill that which has no life

as someone who only played bfbc2
should i get bf4 instead of bf1?

Why is content for this game coming out so painfully slow. It's been 7 months and only one expansion has released. What's wrong with DICE.

EA is restructuring and lowering individual project budgets in order to increase the total amount of projects. BF1 is almost abandoned (figuratively) by now, since 90% of DICE is currently working on Battlefront 2 and pre-production for the next Battlefield.

Don't forget the strong female warriors for each game they have to model

So a skeleton crew is working on the expansion and the season updates

Gamers are such numale cucks they don't care. Saw pretty good gaming calling people mad misogynist and angry basement nerds. As for me i don't care their already is too many blacks for WWI putting in a women just reinforces that DICE are a bunch of pandering SJWS

>be Italian
>pick up German kit by accident
>speaks German for rest of that life

DICE pls, I didn't want to get cucked like this

Also, no joke - the Russian DLC is the most new asset-heavy DLC out of the bunch. Perhaps the next expansions will come quicker than the Tzar one.

POSTAN STRONG FEMALE WARRIORS

who is keksville

>look at the next two expansion after in the name of the tsar
>Nothing about my country when we hold our grounds with our weak army at the time and that we are literraly next to the somme front (which is gonna be apocalypse for sure)

BF1's biggest problem is DICE's attitude towards the whole thing.

They took a risk with the setting, but that is almost the only risk they took.

The server restrictions (though they've been bad for all the frostbite BF-games) took a nosedive.. I think DICE/EA justified it with some bullshit about a "single shared experience", when by doing that they ignore some of the key advantages of PC as a platform (mostly modders and experimentation).. I find it extremely irritating when the CTE is brought up as "see we don't need modders, we've got a CTE".

> Modern triple A games from big publishers don't take risks
More at 11

Call of Duty finest hour had a female sniper but she wasn't the main seller on. She was just there for two missions and that was it

Call of Duty 2 had Russian NPCs in the Russian campaign. They died like any other generic squadmate

And people didn't get mad at that

If this is true, then what the fuck are the assets in the boat DLC gona be like?

Dice fucked it

All women should be gassed desu.

some people predicted submarines are might be a thing since coastal airship was spotted on turning tides art picture, which were primarily used against well.. submarines.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuubbbbbbbbbbboooooooooaaaaaaaattttsssss

Medic Class > All
Come at me Combatants

>Was this a dev pet project or are the CTE autists really that bad with giving feedback?

plenty of cte posts wanting the old system back
they simply disregard them at this point since this is their little good boy project

All classes are important. Fite me

who /still BF3/

Daily reminder that kekistan emblem is best emblem

I want to buy it but the player base looks to be hovering at 1k on PC and I don't really find Noshar Canals 24/7 appealing.

D-did I do well senpais

is dlc worth it?

I like it since not only do I play pretty decently with it, I just like using the Zulu Rifle in general.

haven't touched the game since way before the dlc. are new weapons purely for dlc holders?

Daily reminder kek has been cucked from us by the normie Normans of Reddit like this

Fuck yeah, why wouldn't they make you pay?

Nope

battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/profile/pc/lxXNASSERXxl
>TIME PLAYED 62D 4H 11M
Is he, dare I say it, /ourguy/?

I remember someone saying that Belgium was solely created because France and Germany needed a place to go to war against each other in. How true is that?

"""""No"""""

Nothing of value was lost.

The price these studios pay when they outsource to third world chimpanzees to code parts of their game.

I would not be surprised in the least if those mechanics quietly vanish by the time they're supposed to come out, and we just get 4 maps set by the water

shit like kek is why we have to deal with normalfags like you
memes were a mistake

>wanted to try tank variants today
>instead got repeatedly shot down by attack plane autists trying out plane variants
Why in the world would they give the attack plane that much maneuverability

Finally done the Martini Henry Sniper Assignment.

Only the Selbstlader 06 and Huot next.

Huot will be easy, Selbstlader not so much.

>tfw 200k total score on monte grappa defending
Thanks for the conquest control bonus, Dice.

Anyone else experiencing a bug where if you press start while in a match after you swap sides in Operations, you just go to the round end screen and you're unable to back out of it? It's pretty annoying for me.