>tfw night shift
>again

>can't ride because it's raining
The fuck dude?

>posting this meme when you have an r3

It's been raining sideways all day, m8.

My meme bike has better to me than any gf I had. But yet I long for a qt ;_;

Rip Florida user

Some people actually ride with lean angle and considerable speeds, you wont understand burger

How much will fork oil fuck my brakes? I'm assuming the combination of oil and brake dust has clogged up the pads but will removing the oil leak and cleaning the pads fix it or are new ones in order?

>Fair weather
>anything but a pussy
I guess a comment like that should be expected from a yuropoor bikelet

Guys, you're tearing this family apart! ):

Here's a really blurry grainy photo from tonight. Good times.

I love you /daily blog thread/

>tfw raining out so can't take R3 to work

The reason you don't have a gf is because you haven't grown a pair.
Rain is just water, you won't melt.

It's not even coming from the ground?

And rain is stopping that how?

post bike

I want on the map btw add me senpai
Munich, Germany, z650 2018

Who are you expecting to add you?
SAWATH's ghost?

Look at this shit.

>Ben will also be monitoring the threads, so feel free to post it at random and he'll find you.
Ben

Yeee.
But I'm going to get a sidecar Indian to ride when my nephew's older. I think my retirement bike will be that.

Damn check out that engine.

Your days are numbered my friend

Hownew.ru? Austrian KTM guy checks his email about once a month, you need to email him, ben and SAWATH have been gone for years

Are you an old man weeb?

Very new
ok

It aint gonna suck itself.

you'll forever stay a virgin then

Go away squid stop bullying new rider user

Man; I'm slowly wanting a Benelli 302 more and more.
I'm a sucker for Italian baikus.
I just wish they were available in my area second hand and green. I can't justify 6.5k upfront for a 300cc P-twin when i'd have to place an order and have no haggle room on that.

>benelli
>italian

>Established in 1911, Benelli is one of the oldest Italian motorcycle manufacturers
>It once manufactured shotguns, although this part of the business is now a separate company.
sounds american to me

Some Models of yamahas are made in thailand, ktm in india, suzuki in spain, honda in taiwan;

I'll admit the 302 is made in chaina; it sources a bunch of nice parts other brands happily use and the larger bikes are put together in Italy; It's good enough for me my dude.

So my motorcycle battery is dead, I had to uber home and leave it at work. How easy is it to jump start it? I'm afraid of damaging it. Is it as simple as jump starting a car? From what I've read you just hook it up and start like normal but you don't turn on the car, correct?

What is Benelli according to you?

Why not bump start it?

Twenty.....six? Seven?
Is that old? My nephew's almost 1, but I don't want to finance. A 15k+ bike, plus sidecar takes a while to save for on factory salary.

its chinkshit these days

Because its a GS, it weighs half a ton. Also we tried for an hour but I've never done it before so I was shit at it and the ground is completely flat so it was a massive pain in the ass.

you dont need to start the car but you can if you want to.

you usually just do that to guarantee the full voltage directly from the generator.

I normally start the car and rev it a bit before jumping the bike. Making sure I got all the power, as that bike will need it if the battery is actually flat.

It weights a quarter of a ton and its not that hard to bump start. Done it before.

bike starter motors are so small though you could start them with a battery that wouldnt even start a car anymore.

He's talking GS.
That has a a starter that is identical to a car.

Maybe I should just git gud then. I just want to get back to riding ASAP. Thanks fags, will get my gf to jump start it tomorrow I guess.

was für ne Gurke lmao

you telling me you go as hard in the twisties when its raining like you do when its dry?

Because if you do youre probably not going very hard

Just like all of your household items, electronics, clothing, and everything you own.

I do slow down a bit, but with normal street tires you have enough grip to still lean quite a bit in the rain.

Looks like an ER6N

Maybe just the ugliest italian bike

>Looks like an ER6N
exactly my thoughts

Cause it is
Well, an er-3n

then why buy it?

Because they can

k

That's basically life
Show me one thing that isn't throwing money down the toilet?

>I do slow down a bit, but with normal street tires you have enough grip to still lean quite a bit in the rain.

The actual question is how much water is on the ground.

If it's only just started raining, you won't have grip issues beyond the water sapping heat out of the bitumen. Once it picks up, you've got temperature issues and the problem of standing water.

Most street tyres will have sipes up to about 30 degrees of lean. Past that, up to the edge of the tyre, they're slicks. If there's enough water to act like a layer above the bitumen, and you don't have sipes to channel it, you will aquaplane.

Have a look at the tyres Rossi is running there. Rain tyres for the track have sipes right to the edges. The downside is that if you hit dry patches on those tyres, you'll burn them up quicksmart. I've wrecked a set of wets in 2 laps because the track was drying out. Good enough for slicks, but the rules ban us from running them on semi-dry tracks.

getting a sensible motorcycle instead of a poo-in-loo bike rebadged by a meme brand so they can charge you more for it

are those 1300cc super dukes also made in land of the poo?

No, from memory the 1290 is entirely manufactured in Austria and Italy.

>be ktm
>manufacture those smaller dukes in land of poo
>radiators leaking, wheels cracking, engines seizing
>make 1290 duke in austria with higher quality
>just give said 1290 duke to press to get positive publicity
>kids rush to buy poo bikes thinking its the same thing with smaller engine

real germans seem to be smart

They all do that tbqh.

It's about having your own engineers and supervisors at the factory when you get shit built in China or Thailand.

Honda sends a whole department over to make sure Ts are crossed and is are dotted. Benelli is owned by a Chinese consortium, so no quality control at all. KTM sends shit to India for it to be done cheaply, so you get what you pay for.

but those low CC dukes arent even cheap, they expensive as fuck compared to honda/kawa/suzu/yama equivalents

They are better than all those ones though to be fair

>duke 690 brand new
>11 000 europoor dollars

or
>gsxr 600 brand new
>same 11 000 europoor dollars

really make you think

And it shows. They start rusting way quicker than their premium bikes, paint flakes off, dash is poverty-tier, etc.

But they probably only have an expected lifespan of 4-5 years with new riders crashing them so it's whatever.

ah i was talking about the 390 vs its competitors.

Yeah that pricing is retarded, you can get way better bikes than a duke for 11k euros

>390

those 300-500cc bikes dont eve exist here, you get your M license at age of 16 which lets you ride 50cc, then at age of 17 you can upgrade to A1 which lets you ride 125cc and later A2 or just A, everyone skips A2 so the progress follows

>50cc

kissing the asphalt @130km/h youtube.com/watch?v=GHV6iglIHec

The guy survived with a broken rib

I see them every now and then in Canada. Sometimes even a 125 which looks hilariously small compared to full sized sportbikes.

Do bikes in Europe cost more or something? 11k Euros is 16.1k CAD and you can get a brand new Tuono for less than 16k here (pic related). Even though it's a European bike in Canada.

A 2017 GSXR-600 is $11,299 here too; 7.7k Euros.

600cc real bikes are about 9 to 15k new depending which one

1000cc sporties are 18 to 28k

Wow you guys are getting hosed

every motorized vehicle has good 30% tax on top of them because m-muh communism

AU is

I live in the UK and want to use a bike to commute. What's the best kind of bike for all-weathers? I'm kind of worried about going 60-70mph up the dual carriageway in the rain. How do you deal with rain on your helmet?

>mfw 63% of petrol price in Netherlands is tax

I'm the one who made this specific image, but I don't remember ever posting in /dbt/. Weird.

I posted it on Veeky Forums and /a/ a couple of times and you have no gf so figures

>What's the best kind of bike for all-weathers?
adventure bike with a windscreen or a faired sports touring bike. anything with good wind protection will help protect you from rain too.

> I'm kind of worried about going 60-70mph up the dual carriageway in the rain
dont. just be careful, wear wet weather gear and leave adequate braking zones. Dont split down between cars on the painted lines unless its slow moving traffic.

> How do you deal with rain on your helmet?
it beads off from the wind on your face. If you turn your hide side to side, you can get very effective removal of water droplets. Overall, not something to worry about.

as long as you have some riding experience, riding in the rain is really not that bad. Furthermore, its lowkey kinda comfy feels if you are properly protected from the weather