This is my car. Clio 2.1 1.9L dci. What do you think about it...

This is my car. Clio 2.1 1.9L dci. What do you think about it? Is it worth keeping it or should I change for a most recent one?

You drive a clio, therefore clearly don't give a shit about features, reliability, horsepower, looks, handling or what people think of you.

Which gives no possible reason to upgrade outside of "I love wasting my money on being the most up to date mediocre person I can possibly be"

/thread

I do give a shit about all those things, can you elaborate?

This car is ok, not a great car but it is ok.

Clio is a good car. Renaultsport versions are best. If it fills your needs and doesn't cause problems keep it. Only thing is in a crash it will fold like paper.

Basically my view is that what you have is a commuter car. That's not a problem, have one myself that I just use to get around, it represents value, it represents spending my money wisely. Anything else goes out the window, if it's cheap to maintain and I already own it why the fuck do I care about anything else?

I could update it but it would update it to be newer with "more features" but by the time you factor in trading in/selling the old car and what the new one offers you for your time and effort; in that market of commuter cars it's generally not worth it unless you specifically pick out a need your current car doesn't fill.

just keep it and buy something fun

Well exactly, that's what I'm saying to OP. I have a fun car, an MR2 that spends an eternity broken or being stolen by maggots/niggers but it doesn't matter because I have the shitty commuter to back me up.

Nobody steals 14" steelies with the most horrible hubcaps known to man.

You are clearly a retard Clios can be amazing cars.
Amerifat mad because you can't have hot hatchbacks

Coud you specify us your needs ?
What makes you question if you'd better change or not ?

Not amerifat, but maybe you are if you didn't read subsequent responses. I just can't see what modernizing achieves; I find getting hold of a more modern equivalent at a good price in the colour of choice with the things required to make it even considerable a lot of work; you factor that in alongside the price difference and it's like "lol owned, nah".

Feel free to post more though friend, be fuckin as enlightening as you can be.

Thanks you for your opinions anons.

I was just curious, and since it have 350000km+ I wonder if I should keep maintaining it or if I'm wasting my time.

Btw I'm glad to see some reactions about the Clio. I didn't see her in the sticky so I was afraid that I have shit taste!

The sticky is based on the US market, and the US never got the Clio.

Ha ok thanks for the info, I thought the US had some variant like the Clio Mio or something like that. I guess that's why it is hard to find a Clio 2 to add in modded games lol I even make one to use with GTAV.

Why bother with an old diesel? France is planning on banning them eventually. How much are you willing to spend?

>I have shit taste!
>drives a 350k kms 1.9 Clio 2 ph1
Sorry dude

>What do you think about it?
It's a car, does whatever a car does.

>Is it worth keeping it or should I change for a most recent one?

Do you just want a new car? Then buy yourself a new car, but don't get rid of the clio, keep it, use it till it falls apart into the fucking ground. Why people get rid of their working reliable cars is something I will never understand.
You're just plain wrong.

sell

Hello fellow renault Owner
2004 Renault Megane 1.5Dci Driver here

yes it is worth keeping, it's old enough you don't get raped by depreciation costs. Road tax is also lower.

Make sure you change the oil by draining it from the oil pan rather than force fed with a machine, because doing that clogs up the sump breather and ends up wrecking the turbo.

Here in the Netherlands and presumably in the rest of the EU as well there's lots of cost associated with just owning a car. Road tax, mandatory insurance and such can add uo to €200 per month for just owning it.

diesel clio sounds very reliable, as long as it gets you where you need to go, you can fix it yourself and it's not too horrid to drive it's already a 7/10 car. don't be a faggot who trades in a car that's been good to you bc it doesn't have enough shiny shit inside

treat it well and if it doesn't float our boat how about saving up for a hobby/weekend car that is more Veeky Forums?