Why haven't you LS-swapped your car yet?

Why haven't you LS-swapped your car yet?
What is your excuse?

Other urls found in this thread:

jegs.com/p/Chevrolet-Performance/Chevrolet-Performance-LS376-480-LS3-62L-495HP-Crate-Engine/1127485/10002/-1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_B-Series#Rotary_Pickup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Give me a link to where I can find a LS3 engine

Would rather drive something designed and built by a team of experts than something Frankensteined together by one dude and all the surprises that come with it.

sounds like shit
expensive
mediocre power

just not pleb enough to ever do a swap like that

>swapping a Carrera GT

>Curb Weight
>Front Weight Bias
>COG
>Increased Polar Moment of Inertia

It probably weighs less than your stock dohc boat anchor.

>what is weight distribution and location

a LS with transmission weighs over 600lbs

a 1UZ with transmission is 460 lol

jegs.com/p/Chevrolet-Performance/Chevrolet-Performance-LS376-480-LS3-62L-495HP-Crate-Engine/1127485/10002/-1

LS swaps aren't cheap. A proper one for my car can easily run close to $20k

Wrong. Aluminum LS with a heavy ass manual tranny is just under 500 lbs. With an auto they're around 460 lbs. Git gud.

It's a 40lb difference between the two (ls3 not the iron block truck motor). Which is pathetic considering you got an extra 2 and a bit extra liters to play with in the LS.

Now if you really want to go swinging dicks compare the power capability of the two and which is cheaper and more reliable at xxxxhp levels.

That's why even the Japanese have accepted the LS as a God.

wrong

the LS are shit engines

My car came with an ls1 to begin with.

only people who LS swap are retards with more money than talent or sense

1UZ will make more power than a LS for less money

>1UZ will make more power than a LS for less money
what planet do you live on?
LS is one of the cheapest engines to modify in existence.

>yurop
So the LS' biggest selling points (cheap and readily available everywhere) are immediately out of the equation. Not to mention fuel prices and dude inspections lmao.

I bought a 97 Lexus Ls400 for $1500. I'm lookng for an off road vehicle, something cheap with a bad motor to swap in the ls400 motor and possibly trans, what should I put the 1UZ engine into? 4runner, land cruiser? Jeep?

I can go pull a 1UZFE for like $400 get a W58 and adapter and spend less than a LS1 with a transmission

hell I could supercharge the 1UZ afterwards and only just then getting close to the LS1/T56 price

its a shitty meme engine

>Why haven't you LS-swapped your car yet?
I'm poor
>What is your excuse?
I live in yurop so see above. I'm saving though.

my dick says old Corolla or pickup but hey itd be nice in anything

I really like to put it into a 2nd gen 4runner, the super rare 2door version with a v8 and a loud as fuck truck exhaust, something that can be heard coming up the mountain from miles away lol

Ok.
meanwhile in reality

yurocucks pls go

But I already have an LS

>ausfalia
>ebay

kek

never been to a junkyard I bet

but let me play by your rules here

LS doesnt even have a transmission lmao

1UZ without transmissions are on there for under $400

i can get a junkyard ls1 with transmission for $500-$1000 sperg more.

lord help you if you want a transmission

yeah but youre in Ausfalia so you still lose

So an LS being expensive in your shit country is your defense?
because i can get an entire car worth of spares with $500 change for the price of that shitty 1uz you posted.

Under $500

sorry youre in another country so youre instantly irrelevant to the discussion now this is an American site anyway

USA is better than your shithole

in the relevant world an LS is still a choice for the idiots

XJ Cherokee
The AW4/AX4(?) with the a340e bell housing will bolt right up to the 1UZ, the main issue would be mounts for the engine and having to use a standalone or wire the LS400 computer to interface with the Jeep's OBD-II

Because pulling a Turbo Barra out to stick in an LS is fucking retarded.
If I wanted an LS, I would have bought a dunnydore. Went for a falcoon instead.

>LS3 into a Dodge Neon

Yeah no thanks. As much fun as I know I'd have with it, is it really worth the hassle? That's a lot of work.

>Dodge Neon
That's an EK Hatch you troglodyte

he's talking about his own car you fucking retard

Basically no monies

Same reason people dont have all the nice new cars and pretend that they hate them when in reality they just cant afford them

I posted this exact image here last week. Glad it's being put to good use.
>why haven't you LS swapped your car
No garage or adequate free time for wrenching atm :(

>doesn´t fit
>wouldn´t last the way I drive
>would increase my fuel consumtion at least by a factor of 4
>would make my 60:40 ballance even worse
>too heavy, my engine weights 69 kg with all ancillaries

But I am considering to rebuild a junkjard 13b-MSP, wich should barely fit and maybe even work with my transmission.

money's tight

Good post, but why such a cancerous image?

Because it is kind of related to my problem.

But why have it saved? It's a bus-shitter's image.

It shows the issues of OHV engines pretty well...

It really doesn't.

>full belt assembly vs no belt assembly
>full siezed vs compact headers
>Inline vs V

That picture is total trash.

Am I being rused by a bus-shitter posting semi-intelligently? That's a bait image featuring a custom-cast block for a rotary designed to be as light as possible and a 3 cylinder block made with the same principles dressed up to look like a full engine compared to a production-spec engine just out of a car. I don't agree with the LS into everything philosophy myself but to post that image claiming that's their issue is retarded. Have you ever lifted a hollow block? That was one of my tasks in auto shop class senior year, I drew the short straw for making the scrap metal piles. 3ven 4 cyl iron blocks are heavy. That image if anything is a testament to how light an aluminum LS is for the displacement, although I think that dude did fuck his back up because light for 5+L or not lifting one up is retarded.

Now analyze in the same way.

And isn't? They're both stupid.

Don't have a car

>custom-cast block for a rotary
You have no idea about wankel engines do you?
A Wankel has no "block" and the housings are from a 13b-rew.
They came stock like this in the FC and FD RX-7, the only possible difference are slightly modified ports.

The picture is about the weight, intake and exaust headers don´t weight much and none of these engines have a belt assembly beyond a timing belt.

What's the difference between an LS and an LT motor?

V12>V8

Funny, I thought it had racing beat parts.
No fucking shit it weighs more it's a 5+L engine. I am not with OP, who says LS should go in everything. But to go HURR OHV HEAVY is retarded. It's fantastic way to reduce weight and size in a V engine. If I were to swap my all iron 302 out, do you think I'd go for a heavier 4.6 DOHC Ford motor or a lighter 6.2L LS3? Since I'm not a hp/L retard I'd go LS.

I'd rather just supercharge the engine that's already in there.

Cast iron headers certainly do weigh up. You would know this if you'd ever had them off in your hands.

Why has no one on this fucking site ever done anything further than get their wallet out and pay someone else to service their car?

>Funny, I thought it had racing beat parts.
Wich are made out of stock parts, 13b-REW housings are aluminium stock.
These engines are all roughly the same power.
(13b-rew turbo, OHC inline turbo and LS)
That is why they are not used anymore...

No shit they're fucking racing engines versus an old LS-jaun. Why are you being obtuse?

The 13b came stock in the RX-7 and RX-8 for decades, it was only cucked due to japans 280 ps gentlemans agreement.

The 13J or r26b where racing engines, not the 13b.

Hell, the 13b was even used for pickups.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_B-Series#Rotary_Pickup

Yeah right, 'spose this is fucking aluminium then hey?

$$$, I really want an LS1/T56 but it's hard to let myself spend that money when I also want to WRX swap my daily.

M8. That 13b in particular is a racing engine. Don't be daft.

Why would anyone make cast aluminium exaust headers?

Don't swap a daily user. Not until the project is running reliably, because their roles will be reversed for the duration of the operation.

This one might be somewhat modified, but the 13b is a standard engine that came in B-series pickups and RX-7s

The turd gen is fine, I just hemorrhaged about $1000 into it making it roadworthy for exactly that reason. It's not exactly a firebreather, but it'll run until the end of time.

You can also commute by bike during that period, just make sure you don´t need to transport something heavy during that time...

This is fucking semantics. You are going HURR OHV A SHIT 300HP LOLOLOLOLOLOL not realizing that's a stock engine running a restrictive stock exhaust with a stock cam featuring little overlap for emissions and fuel economy concerns and heads made on a high volume assembly line, not optimized to flow the best, ditto for the intake, designed to run on pump gas, and designed to make a safe level of power in order to last hundreds of thousands of miles, and of course N/A. Vs a ported, turbocharged Daniel that can focus on power and a turbo racing 3 cyl that also has to only focus on power. If we were to go full retard benchracing an optimize an LS engine from the ground up for power like those we'd crack four figures or come damn close. Big engine can make more power, however if you only want x power then there's multiple ways to reach it. I have preached this to the unwashed masses here for years, but all you mongs ignore it.
TLDR YOU ARE A MORON DO NOT POST AGAIN.

The 13b was almost 300 hp stock as well, was required to meet emissions standards as well, ran pump gas as well, and needed to last as well.(ok, renesis didn´t last)

Yes and it was turbocharged. You know you are allowed to turbo large v8 motors right?

>have to bring up modified vs stock

hell I think the fastest rotary is faster than the fastest LS if you want to talk modified

for some reason you just really dont want to look at facts and realize its not that good