Do black people and old people drive Cadillacs in (((Current year)))...

Do black people and old people drive Cadillacs in (((Current year)))? This saying has been around since the 90s and I've yet to see one

Other urls found in this thread:

marketwired.com/press-release/african-americans-show-more-love-to-brands-than-caucasians-1691165.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I see old people drive old ones and black people drive the crossover abomination they made a few years ago, but whenever I see a new one is like a 40 year old dudebro

They're all driving a Lexus or a Mercedes
marketwired.com/press-release/african-americans-show-more-love-to-brands-than-caucasians-1691165.htm

That thing looks cool tho...

Because old people and blacks are still pushing late 90s and early 00s DeVilles.

I rarely (if ever, honestly) see anyone driving new Cadillac sedans. I'll see the occasional late model Escalade or ST5, but that's it.

The old people are all in Avalons, and the darkies all drive chargers and altimas now.

Yeah. Honestly I like the new cadillacs. They look fantastic and although they still aren't on BMW's level interior wise the performance they put out is phenomenal. Plus they're the only sports luxury car maker that includes most of their cars with a 6spd manual. You can get a 650 hp CTS-V with a 6spd. You can't for the m3/m5 or the e63s. Not sure why they get so much hate.

Seen several, but you also see a good mix of white and latinos rolling in them too.

They look pretty gud, would drive one to

i'm a skinny white boy and i drive a blacked out lexus does that qualify me for gubmint aid

wow can we ban all white people from Veeky Forums?????

why would you want a sludge board

only domestitards drive cadillacs

My boss is an outdoorsy white boy bro and drove the Caddy pickup for years.

Live in LA heres a good list based off what I have seen in all my years of driving.

Rich Whites= tend to like BMW's and Mercedes

Middle= Mustangs, f-150, malibus, taurus, fusions

Poor Whites= Like trucks alot, and mustangs

Rich Blacks= Like Cadillacs alots and Lexus's

Middle= Camaros, impalas, Challengers, Chargers, also lexus and cadillac luxury cars that are bought about 3-4 years old

Poor Blacks= Like really old luxury cars with heavy focus on cadillacs and Lexus's. They also like Nissans for some reason, especially Altimas

Latinos=

Rich: Lexus, GMC, High End trucks(like raptors)

Middle: F150s, tacomas, silverados, accords, and camrys

Poor: Any used Japanese Cars, camrys civics,sentras etc

Yes.

>The data shows that African-Americans are significantly more attached than Caucasians to the following consumer brands and services: Lexus, General Motors, Google, Fidelity, Slim Fast, UPS, Tide, Pampers, Jell-O, Doritos, Dawn, Oreos, Ragu, Campbell Soups, Yoplait, Dentyne, Charmin, Bounty, Betty Crocker, Walmart, the Gap, Lowe's, Macy's and Levi's.

Good Goyim.

Youngstown here, where whites are the minority.
I either see shitboxes or cadillacs.

There is the study showing that Cadillac saved from extinction by African-Americans. “Cadillac Flambé”: Race and Brand Identity

>During the 1970s the colliding reputations of Cadillac were front and center of popular and political culture. Reinforcing the apparently negative stereotyping of the pimpmobile was the “Welfare Cadillac” mantra of right-wing commentary. Ronald Reagan loved telling the story of the "Chicago welfare queen" who had 80 names, 30 addresses, 12 Social Security cards, and collected benefits for "four nonexisting deceased husbands," bilking the government out of "over $150,000."
In fact, the “Welfare Cadillac” was political shorthand for black “welfare loafers.”

>Reagan was not the first to identify Cadillac negatively as part of the Republican “southern strategy” to attract the white southern vote with racist appeals. According to a Dan Rather news
report on March 27, 1970, Richard Nixon requested Johnny Cash to sing Guy Drake’s song “Welfare Cadillac” for the singer’s visit to the White House

>Cadillac compounded the problem with lackluster styling, disastrous changes in product design and confused market positioning in a period of increasingly effective competition in the U.S. luxury automobile market. Mercedes led the revolution in imports, soon followed by BMW, Audi, Lexus and Infiniti.

>Cadillac was no longer the vehicle of choice for diplomats or, with much more significance to popular culture.

>African-Americans and Cadillacs: it’s a combination at the heart of an story in the history of Cadillac.

>According to Drucker, General Motors was about to liquidate Cadillac because it was losing money in the great depression. Nick Dreystadt, Cadillac’s service manager at the time gate-crashed the GM Executive Committee meeting to present a plan for saving the brand “by developing the Negro market.”

(Cont. in next post)

>Dreystadt had come to realize that the Cadillac was the most popular car in the community of Negroes. An amazing number of big, new Cadillacs brought in for service were owned by black entertainers, black boxers, black pastors, black realtors. It was company policy to sell Cadillacs to Negroes—the Cadillac salesman no longer aimed at the white ‘prestige' market that reserved for the foriegn cars. The Negro wanted a Cadillac so badly that he paid a substantial premium to a white saleman to front for him in buying one..... Cadillac was the only success symbol the black could buy; he had no access to good housing, to luxury resorts, or to any other of the outward signs of worldly success. And so Dreystadt, in the depth of the depression, set out to save Cadillac by developing the Negro market fully and sold enough cars to make the Cadillac division break even by 1980s.

>Cadillac returned to profitability, by marketing to African-Americans and thereby reinventing “the price/value relationships in the luxury field.”

tl;dr Cadillac saved from extinction by African-Americans. Certainly, if nothing else, it foreshadows the success of the brand in the 21st century when Cadillac embraced “bling” as a major selling proposition.

>Niggerlac meme is real.

welp.

When Cadillac "modernized" after the recession they drove a lot of blacks away. Many negros dove straight into 300s and Chargers.

>Emotional Attachment™ (EA) can boost revenue (those highly attached to a brand contribute 43.7 percent more revenue to a brand)
>™
kek

>Cadillac alienates its main demographic that saved them from extinction.
No wonder why Cadillac is still struggling against the competitors. Genesis G80 just outsold XTS, CTS, & CT6. SAD!!

Caddies appeal mainly to chinamen now. No really, it's one of the no 1 brands in china. For americans they clearly have no idea who its for; should just go back to the 'hard working american wants a cool car but isn't pretentious like those luxury cars'

Most boomers carry distaste for Cadillacs. You see an absolute shit-ton of old ones on Craigslist for cheap. I doubt Gen X wants anything to do with them either, so it's basically /ourcar/.

>it's basically /ourcar/.
Well, you are that nigger. That's understood.

Most of Veeky Forums are not black. :S

That's because caddys became terrible faulty rust buckets in the 90s. Went from americas #1 car to being as hated as a VW beetle. Now boomers buy hyundai and lexus

You mean the 70s. In the 90s they already improved again for American heap of shit standards.