/rs2g/ - Rising Storm 2 general

M-I-C-KEY M-O-U-S-E edition

Previous thread: This is a general for Red Orchestra 1/2, Rising Storm, and recently released Rising Storm 2.

Red Orchestra and Rising Storm are semi-realistic mostly multiplayer first person shooters with vehicular combat.

The latest iteration, Rising Storm 2, focuses on the Vietnam conflict.

>Red Orchestra Ostfront store-page: store.steampowered.com/app/1200
>Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm store page: store.steampowered.com/app/35450
>Rising Storm 2 store page: store.steampowered.com/app/418460

Just shoot the fucking gooks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9OoO8clxVEg
youtube.com/watch?v=8s0NRt6ELj4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>not speaking vietnamese as vietnam commander

I hope Insurgency Sandstorm has more polished launch. Also news at E3.

Animal Mother is the epitome of a typical military idiot. With ego bigger than his brain, his recklessness and constant need to show off got the Cowboy killed. No tactics, no attempts to outsmart your enemy, just hurrah forward into the kill zone.

You know, I've been wondering.

If someone were to go deep into the jungles of central Vietnam, I wonder what they would find? Think about all the downed aircraft, forgotten battlegrounds, and abandoned encampments that are probably still out there, forgotten by time and hidden by the jungle. I'm sure there are still plenty of unrecovered bodies out there, still laying right where they fell, dog tags, time tattered uniforms and weapons all.

Kinda spooky when you think about it.

I'm waiting for a moment to strike. When do we take /rsg/ tag?

Also Crazy Earl is best marine.

Dunno about Vietnam or Western Europe, but here in Russia people still frequently dig out weapons, skeletons, bombs, chunks of uniform and documents and all that.

>Implying I don't spend every night hiding in the bushes outside the Runescape General clubhouse with my Type 56 waiting for the true /rsg/ arrive so we can strike at the capitalists

ATTACK ON MY MARK

Reposting since I asked after the limit.

Are there any servers where people actually use mics? I'm coming from squad where it's 40v40 and practically everyone has a mic, although comms in that game are segregated into proximity, squad and command, which would be useful if they ever want the game to be less of a stalingrad-esque human wave clusterfuck, which worked fine in RO2 but not so much RS2.

Just hit level 10 and I don't think I've seen a single game where there was more than 2 person using their mic, and even they give up after a while of not getting any response. Only seen 1 commander using a mic and giving out orders.

BETTER RUN THROUGH THE JUNGLE

anyone have comparison shots between the different film effect modes?

I play on Convict Island servers and fucking nobody uses mics except for TLs and some of the SLs maybe.

There are whole fields in France where no-one are allowed due to all the remains of bombs, shells, mines, and outright layers of chemical weapons in the soil after WWI.

Polak here. Recently my uncle found PPD (or what was left of it anyways) sticking out of ground. Most likely got "dug out" because the tree next to which the gun was hidden grew.
Most likely from the first days or even day of Barbarossa, since it was less than 5km from German-Russian border at the time.

Are there no Territories maps with transport helicopters? Maneuvering using helicopters seems like a key part of the vietnam war, but I haven't seen any yet.

I refuse to play the conquest game mode because it's just people back capping empty points and the maps are far too small. 6-8 cap zones within 300m.

For the dude that asked:
First, you have to lean out of the loach with mouse wheel. Then you have to zoom in with RMB. And then you press LMB and mark. You don't need to use B in loach.

Get some friends, faggot

you'd probably hit a toepopper after a few hours

>last man defending a point
>hiding in a ditch
>can hear VC running around me
>maybe they don't know I'm here
>I KILL YOU GI
>I KILL YOU GI

Tanks WHEN?
APCs WHEN?
Vehicles used to be one of the best parts of the RO series.
Give us bridges sized maps and vehicles. Hell, just fucking port bridges and replace the burnt out tanks with burnt out 60s tanks

Tanks will be added when the NVA deployed tanks worth mentioning.

The jungle conditions quickly dissolve bodies and rust weapons to dust much quicker than they would normally, forget about canvas tents and sandbags.
I think bodies only take like a couple days there.

>Hell, just fucking port bridges
NO

just give the Americans tanks then
Port every map from ro2 desu
>reminder that the main game mode in rs2 has THREE (3) maps

You mean like T-54s at An Loc in '72? Or T-55s in Saigon in '75? Or the battle of Ben Het camp, with T-54 and PT-76 tanks?

Didn't the NVA roll PT-76s?
That would be a fine counterpart to M113s, shit the HEAT-FS on it could pick apart a patton no problem.
Twofold if they were given Sheridans.

I wonder how hard would it be to port map from RO2 to RS2. I mean there are literal 1:1 ports (not remakes) of KF1 maps to KF2 and that's on 2 different engines. And RS2 uses modified RO2 engine. Some weapons from RO2/RS already got ported by modders.

Does xp required to level up increase as your level increases, or is it always approx 1000?

I got promoted to level 1 within like 2 minutes and it takes longer and longer now im level 11

>Be riding in a huey going fast above the trees
>Suddenly start taking HMG fire
>Pilot and co-pilot instantly dead
>Huey dips beneath the trees, tail breaks off, rotors obviously fucked
>Still getting shot, nothing but corpses around me
>Hurtle through the trees before bouncing off one and coming to a standstill.
>Little helmet guy gives me the thumbs up to let me know that it's okay to disembark now.
>I just know those fucking VC saw the crash site and are on their way now.

I don't know why it was so much more immersive than a lot of other games I've played. I actually felt helpless in that huey plummeting to my death, and then fear, confusion and trepidation as I emerged, deep behind enemy lines as the only survivor of the crash with no idea what to do. It was an experience no cinematic game could match, because in one of those, you know you're going to live and see the next level. For me, I was truly in deep shit, behind enemy lines, and fucking scared.
My squad slowly began to spawn on me and we ended up crossing a river into the VC home base while I covered them from the shore with an m60 and then they covered me while I crossed. Probably one of my favorite gaming experiences.

Okay fuck being TL I hate the fucking guns I get and I fucking hate AnLao
The M14 is a fucking turd burgler and the Grease gun has the sight picture of a brick wall on Vicodin.

I really hope at some point someone will get their head out of their ass and give the classes some form of fucking upgrade line or some shit. I want my fucking stakeout as commander god damn it and I will not rest until that is a thing.

git gud kid. The m14 is a beast and you only need 1 or two shots to kill some rice hat wearing bitch in the bush. Why the fuck do you need a stake out with the Commander? Shouldn't you be on the radio? Fuck you even get a personal bodyguard(or fucking 2) with the radioman class who will throw smoke and lick your dicksack the whole time. If you're in trouble, call down three fucking air strikes if you're bick dick bois or spawn all your rice nigger friends if you're fired rice bois. You must really be garbage.

m14 or m16?
m1 garand when

m14 always
>Made of wood and metal
>Heavy, loud and satisfying to use
>useful range increments
>Makes you feel manly

m16
>Made of fucking plastic may as well be made of faggot leaves
>More magazines carrried, but it's not like you'll ever use them all
>Full auto for if you want to pretend to be a communist faggot

This.
To all the M16 fags out there, if you want to hold something long and black and get into heavy action with it, you're probably a faggot.

youtu.be/9OoO8clxVEg

youtube.com/watch?v=8s0NRt6ELj4

why am i not surprised that the buggy picking up weapon system got you killed

You can't pick up primaries with flamethrower.

The beta wave before the open beta was perfect, there were no problems with picking up weapons it was flawless idk how they fucked it up again

Because AnLao Valley isn't fucking territories you smarmy cock lover, if you haven't noticed oh so fucking intelligent Tripwire took the fucking time to implement a sweetspot damage system for the fucking M14 so at close range it does dick all until about 50m out. Further more you useless fuck if I'm out here on supremacy wrecking shop and keeping the slant eyed fucks off my god damn mountain I want my god damn boom stick I don't tell you how to play the game dick licker so don't tell me. Little piddly ass grease gun sounding like hot farts hitting like a truck with the sight picture of an octagonal cum bucket aint shit and muh wood and steel cum shirker isn't worth picking up off dead vc.
On top of that the radio is fucking everywhere I am the radio if the fucking radiomen were worth shit, or if fucking ANYONE took radioman and STUCK THEMSELVES UP MY ASS I wouldn't need my stakeout. But no no one fucking picks it and when they do they run off into the fucking meat grinder and get killed like dumbasses.
yeah "three airstrikes" no problem I'll call spookies in all day but the problem is getting up to a position where I can mark the map because guess-fucking-what no squadleaders ever get off their fucking asses and shove that fucking binoc in their face for more than 2 seconds to mark that shit so it's up to me again and again to get it done.

I don't just want that stakeout, I need it fart sniffer, because if my past experience playing combat engineer has taught me anything it's to trust that shotgun like it's the only life rope in a maze of scissors

Sounds like you need a better team GI ;)

I like M14s as much as the next red blooded American, and if I ever have a spare $1.5k around I'd definitely pick up a nice M1A, but I just can't get good with the M14 in this game. I feel like the M16 has the same one shot stop capabilities, is accurate enough for me to engage anyone at practically any range, has lower recoil, and to top it all off it is select fire for close in fighting.

If you like the M14 and do well with it, more power to you. I just can't seem to get used to it.

Surprisingly I have a lot more fun as the VC SL.
The Mat is even worse than the grease, it gives you a sight picture but in return you get a literal rice launcher.
SKS is okay though, not amazing, would love the sxs hunting shotgun and slugs to pick GI off at range.

Also tfw no spooky gf on vc

I like the mat, i do alright with the viet-mat.

I want to fuck the Vietnamese commander voice actor. Every time I hear "this is last point dough-surrander" I can feel the blood rushing down to my penis.

>it's not like you'll ever use them all
baddie

>people actually use full auto on grunt weapons
Everytime I end up using one of those I always use semi-auto mod unless I'm fighting inside buildings.
You waste so many ammos and give up so much accuracy

>Map changed to Compound
>Oh boy here we go
>Nobody on my team throws smoke so VC get steamrolled predictably
>Change to US
>Constantly getting teamkilled
>We lose A
>We fucking
>Lose
>A
>On
>Compound

HOW
CAN PEOPLE POSSIBLY BE
THIS FUCKING AUTISTIC

Anybody know what the recent 1.4gb patch did? This is a separate one from the day one patch right?

Fuck all cod kiddies who sit on C in anal valley and play tdm when I'm commander as VC and we don't have B and are losing A it means get the fuck off C so we can retake B and A and re-establish ourselves on the map. I wish there was a way I can call arty on my own positions without needing a SL mark. The best part is when we lose the map cause the same thing happens on US with E and F.

Also if you don't use the coach gun as VC with buck and slugs you aren't a real man.

Short controlled bursts nigga, especially on the M16.

i find that the ak47 sucks at aiming even with semi-auto

If you are mid or long range its still inferior, so whats the goddamn point.

Soundtrack in mp3, flac and wav.

oh.. so Jungle Camp is still broken and results in Hill 937 when it's voted for?

>not hiding at the edge of the rice fields and opening up full auto on landing hueys with your cheap chinese knockoff

If you want range go sks or mosin if available other than that if you have an AK you have a better chance just trying to get closer.

Buff suppression! Do it!
Do it and I'll empty my whole magazine into the cap!

>see some gook running between C and D in Cu Chi
>lead a bit then shoot once with m16
>one shot torso kill at 229m through the trees
Why can't I shoot this well at close range?

Always hold breath and try to steady w/ the AKs.

anyone else having the game just crash saying shit about the memory on your pc?

Have you tried out the different versions? One variant may click better for you than the others.

It's relatively fast from 1-10 but spikes like crazy after that.

I fixed my crashes by doing a clean uninstall of my video drivers then reinstalling the latest ones.

It's leaking memory for me so I restart it often. I haven't had it crash, but that's because I have so much memory to spare I think.

Seriously, what is wrong with hit registration/netcode?
In RO2 I could dominate entire game with bolt action at ping 180. Now even hitting anything on closer distance with Mosin on regional servers seems more troublesome.

dam,I only just got this PC as well,so I'm surprised it's having issues with the game

Tell me about it.
I'll see some dude 15m away and fire half a mag, miss every shot and then watch him spin around and kill me with one bullet.

Then I'll respawn and a minute later fire at some speck on the horizon and end up getting a headshot at 92m away.

>shoot from the outside inside a building
>SOMEBODY FINISH THAT VC
>alreay know some VC is hiding inside

It's like the hearbeat sensor from Cawadooty

I pity people who turn off battle chatter. My life has been saved 1000 times by hearing the sound of CHING LING MAO GAO FAO DONG NU XIAO LAO just around a corner or room I was about to thoughtlessly stroll into.

If I look straight on at an explosion my games crashes, shit sucks

you must only be able to play for about 30 seconds then

Who ready for /ANZAC/ here?
If not, what do you want to see first?

>find out that the release patch managed to fragment the files to hell and back on my HDD
So that's why the loading times went to hell. How do they fuck up like this?

>0.46 K/D

Is this game just like a less forgiving version or bf1

No, it's Vietnam era Doom.

>try shooting out window cannot shoot even 1 degree downwards otherwise you just hit the wall
>try shooting out bunker that is placed ON A FUCKING HILL meant to shoot downwards
>same thing and i die to a sniper

im getting really sick of this fucking game

south Koreans for me

Definitely going to buy it now

Wait
was there a patch?

Why do I have to download the 1.4gb AGAIN?

Not to mention
>deploy MG
>it deploys into the wall/sandbag/ground

Showed a co-worker some dank gameplay of me burning gooks in the game.
He thought it looked amazing, he hasn't played vidya since lemmings and commander keen.

how do i access my soundtrack that I got in the deluxe game?

Are you trying to fuck him this way or what's your point

wait

whats even weirder

steam is downloading the 1.4gb but I can launch the game normally

what the fuck is going on

This new Squad system is probably the shittiest decision they've made in making this game.

maybe ur just dum lol

It's downloading soundtrack in mp3, flac and wav. It's counted as a DLC.

yep
Also the new respawn system sucks
it used to be like reinforcement waves, now everyone can spawn whenever they want after 15 seconds of death

Anyone else having an issue with the character customisation? Every time I try to select white skin for my soldier the game asks if I'm sure 2-3 times and when I finally click yes for the 3rd time it takes me to the store to buy "Privilege Tax" DLC and won't let me play online till I do. Yet if I select a black character I get free unlocks and stat buffs.

i like to fold back the stock on my type 57 and clear the trenches with it on brap mode while screaming fuck you GI

post stats
my win loss was 3 in ro2 i believe

Dumb /pol/poster.

Ah, alright that makes sense.

why can't the american fuccbois just get more helicopters and pilots instead of spitting soldiers out of their gaping cornholes? Besides, I think the Americans need MORE overwhelming air superiority so that the northerners have to at least try to be stealthy.

s-suppressing fire is helpful, r-right?