Nissan R32 GTR

Someone in my area is selling a manual one for $14k and it has about 40k miles on it. Basically is it capable of being a daily driver, my intention is to have it as a project car with daily drive ability. Any issues with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

thedrive.com/news/9713/nismo-to-make-nissan-r32-gtr-oem-replacement-parts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it pretty gay

they made auto ones?

the oil system is shit on the car. the oil pump drive mechanism is trash, the oil pump gears are made of shit sintered metal, and the oil can pool in the head and starve the bottom end of oil. the oil pan also sucks, and the pickup can suck in air during hard turns. if it still has the stock ceramic turbos you will want to replace those with some ball bearing turbos

Probably nota GTR. Anything below that GTR is pointless.

this and combine it with the fact that if you live in the United States, you are SOL when it comes to replacement parts since they will need to be shipped from Japan depending on part, Nissan can still service your car, but be warned things like your front windshield are proprietary and were never sold in the US.

>Basically is it capable of being a daily driver

No it isn't. If you want a daily driver JDM car, get a Supra.

replace the twin turbos with single 700hp garrett tubro
add new oil catch
6 speeds R34 transmission
replace the old engine block with modified RB30 Block
add a aluminium spoiler wing

there you go, you are the new shinigami

>No it isn't. If you want a daily driver JDM car, get a Supra.

The rice tax on Supras is ridiculous and finding a manual is basically impossible.

i dont even know why you cant get this instead

how big of a turbo, 88mm? because if you just want a big turbo its going to suck to drive at low rpm.
i really like a car that spools down low and holds it to redline....not one that starts at 3k rpm

how do they handle? do they have a lot of understeer?

>R32
>daily driver

No.

Don't know why anyone here is saying it can't be a daily. I daily drove mine for 2 and a half years with the only issue being an alternator.

160k km on mine and zero issues with oiling.

>spend $60k, no big deal

They're nose heavy.

gtst are sick tb h fa m a lam

>BNR32
>$14k USD
None of this adds up. If it's legit it's almost certainly fucked. Otherwise it's a regular R32 dressed up to look like a GT-R.

>14k
Get a used FRS

nose heavy sucks

why would he get a JDM Toyota Supra when

1. it isn't legal to import a JDM Toyota Supra
2. they were sold in the North American market in the first place

at least someone agrees. people shame me for buying a gtst but i couldn't afford a gtr :(

why get a supra when you can get an aristo with same engine for a literal fraction of the price
>also that comfort of being a luxury car

If you really want a Skyline GT-R but can't afford it the car you settle for isn't the shittier non turbo, non awd one that is pretty much a gutless version of it, but another car that is AWD, turbocharged and is SOMEWHAT equivalent to a GT-R that you can afford. Thats what the problem with people like you.

It might not look as good as one, but it'll drive almost as good or even better depending on what car it is.

Nobody but dumbasses buy a GTS-T because they wanted a GT-R but couldn't afford it.

pic somewhat related.

a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo III, it kinda fits the bill.

because they don't have the same exact engine.

Also because they are two very different cars.

Also OP, sounding like the dumbass he is, just wouldn't get it because he is asking for advice on Veeky Forums.

I want a GTSt now, honestly would probably trade for one plus cash.

It understeers like a bitch on tight mountain roads

I've driven an Evo I. They're two completely different cars man, only things they have in common are the Turbo and AWD, but the AWD in the GTR is totally different. If people want a "budget GTR" they usually go for the GTS4.

No, you can't daily drive a 20+ year old car. No insurance company will let you and technical problems will leave you stranded as Nissan isn't exactly manufacturing replacement parts for the R32 anymore. That car seems like a really fun project with surprisingly low miles. It would make a really sensible weekend project. As for your daily just stick with a lightly used econobox or something similarly modest.

Yes. You. Can.

Jesus Christ.

I almost bought one a year ago, called my insurance company first. They wanted me to insure it as an antique or classic so that it could be appraised for its actual value. Daily driving it with normal insurance wouldn't have provided enough coverage for the car.

Right, and that's different than saying you "can't" drive the car daily.

You can, but you run more risks.

check garrett site
their turbo is specified with HP output measurement for every kind turbo

>can't DD a 20+ year old car
Never ever work for gov't you authoritarian shithead

yo, how much is it to maintain and run a R34 25GT in yurop?

Idk nigga ask a euroshit

the only people that dont agree with you are retarded benchracers that say "but muh GTR". With the money you saved you could swap in a mint r33 rb26 which is way more reliable into the gtst and still have money left over. The gtst is the smart buy

the gtst is turbo you fucking autist, just get out of here the evo and GTR are completely different cars, i can smell the benchracer from here, literally all your info is from wikipedia

Idk why anyone says swap a RB26 when the 25 exists baka

So the problem with the r32 is it's not good if you're on a tight budget. You're going to have to rb swap it and then you'll have to fix the oiling issues you just exacerbated. Expect a lot of shit to break. Outside of that, you'll like it

>No, you can't daily drive a 20+ year old car. No insurance company will let you

Then explain how I got full coverage on an '85 AW11, when the insurance company knew it was my only car.

>So the problem with the r32 is it's not good if you're on a tight budget. You're going to have to rb swap it
I think you should just sit down and shut the fuck up bro

thedrive.com/news/9713/nismo-to-make-nissan-r32-gtr-oem-replacement-parts

yeah the 25 neo > rb26 but I was just trying to make the point that you could have a gtst with an rb26 for MUCH cheaper than just buying a GTR

>rb swap an r32

>r32
>rb swap
are you okay bud? did you have a stroke while typing that sentence?

Even cheaper to 25 NEO swap it. Already don't have to source a 25 pan to change,

he cant explain shit lol the guy is a busrider

I've had a few BNR32s - you can certainly daily-drive it indefinitely with peace of mind, so long as it has a clean bill of health at the time of sale. Knowledge of the working systems in the car, or enough capital to invest in professional assistance, in preparation for inevitable maintenance is tantamount to a less hectic ownership experience.

I sold one of mine in '16 for $14k USD but it needed a wee bit of paint work naturally, and a few (expensive) sensors had finally shit the bed. Had 60k miles

All things considered, in the real world, taking more than a couple seconds to interface with reality it will rapidly become clear you're probably better off not buying the car.